PDA

View Full Version : NDSU ranked #1 in I-AA in Sagarin Ratings

TheBisonator
September 12th, 2005, 04:04 PM
The Bison are ranked #60 in the nation in this list. Also, 60 (count them - SIXTY) Division I-A teams are ranked below NDSU in this rating.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm

TigerFan17
September 12th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I don't even look at the Sagarins until at least mid-way through the season, its similar to the BCS to me. It takes time for things to level out to show who really belong where. For instance, we're 2-0, coming off a 70-0 win, but since we're in the patsy part of our schedule, we barely received anything of a decent ranking (195).

Wait till league play begins.

OrneryAggie
September 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
broken record...

Sag doesn't measure non-D-I teams so his "ratings" are suspect for I-AA...

broken record...

Agreed. In 2000 he ranked the Aggies #44 in the nation (IA and IAA) as a DII school. Because they had 4 IAA schools on the schedule the Ags were included. That team was good but if you ever wanted proof of what's wrong with computer rankings that was it. It was a fun thing to joke about, though.

DaGriz
September 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I don't care where you are ranked. I just hope you beat the Cats like a drum.

swaghook
September 12th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I look forward to that game, it should be a good one.

X-Factor
September 12th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yeh, I wouldn't base much of anything off of the Sagarin.

OrneryAggie
September 12th, 2005, 08:27 PM
He mistook the Aggies for a D-I school in 2000??? I don't think he cares much anyway.

He counts any team that plays at least 4 DI games. For the last decade of DII that was the aggies.

skinny_uncle
September 12th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Even Sagarin admits his rankings are skewed this early in the season. You are #12 in the Sports Network poll. I find it more accrate this time of year. If both teams keep winning, I am looking forward to the NDSU-SIU matchup at the end of the regular season. It could be a game that would our chance of a seed.