PDA

View Full Version : UD/SIU Friday???

ChickenMan
December 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM
Supposedly that was stated on the UMass/SIU broadcast.. can anyone confirm?

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Are they bringing in portable lighting? I would love if they couldn't and the NCAA laughed at their attendance numbers and gave UD the home game. Wishful thinking I know.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Nothing like a night game in a stadium with no lights.

That is one way to stop Flacco, I guess!

pather
December 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
you can hate all you want. i promise we will have an awesome crowd for it. today was skewed cause we have the indiana game

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM
ESPN brought in light to UMass last year....no reason they can't do it again

Proud Griz Man
December 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM
Nothing like a night game in a stadium with no lights.

That is one way to stop Flacco, I guess!

ESPN2 brought lights into Montana's WA-Griz stadium twice.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
you can hate all you want.

Settle down Beavis, who's hating? Does your stadium have lights or not? That's all that was said. Jeeeeeeeeeez. This week's going to be fun dealing with these types, if you are representative of the SIU fan base.xrolleyesx

SirApp
December 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM

Was stated on that broadcast.

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 06:01 PM
SIU has lights...they were on most of the game today...

saluki_in_ohio
December 1st, 2007, 06:02 PM
Yes, SIU's McAndrew Stadium has lights.

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
OK my bad. Rumor had it they did not. MOOT POINT!!!

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Settle down Beavis, who's hating? Does your stadium have lights or not? That's all that was said. Jeeeeeeeeeez. This week's going to be fun dealing with these types, if you are representative of the SIU fan base.xrolleyesx

a reference was made to our attendance numbers....we come out strong to our games...but indiana-siu is a bigger story on campus and im sure plenty of people were just going to that game

im really quite knowledgeable with our program and the campus overall. i apologize if i came on a bit strong. i can get defensive and i still have frazzled nerves from the end of that umass game

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
a reference was made to our attendance numbers....we come out strong to our games...but indiana-siu is a bigger story on campus and im sure plenty of people were just going to that game

im really quite knowledgeable with our program and the campus overall. i apologize if i came on a bit strong. i can get defensive and i still have frazzled nerves from the end of that umass game

No problem bro. Didn't realize the stadium had lights either. Who the heck started that rumor?

NovaHater
December 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
you can hate all you want. i promise we will have an awesome crowd for it. today was skewed cause we have the indiana game

I thought the BB game was at 8:30 ? 3 hours isn't enough to get dinner and head over to the arena ? Are students limited to one sporting event a day ?

I don't see how UD can win in front of an "awesome crowd" xeyebrowx

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
i dont know. UNI fans? lol. our stadium doest need upgrading though

i am severely tempted to make that trip to cdale for saturday. why did i take this semester off?

93BlueHen
December 1st, 2007, 06:11 PM

I'm more worried about the fact they have a track around the field. We don't do well on fields with tracks around them.xlolx

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
I thought the BB game was at 8:30 ? 3 hours isn't enough to get dinner and head over to the arena ? Are students limited to one sporting event a day ?

game starts at 830, gates open at 630 and i promise we will have had fans out there at least an hour and a half before they open for positioning in line. and just overall SIU basketball beats any other sport our campus has to offer.

im right there with you, id be there for everything, im just trying to give some reasoning for why they werent all there. come saturday they will be out in force. and those who do go are always crazy

skinny_uncle
December 1st, 2007, 06:14 PM
OK my bad. Rumor had it they did not. MOOT POINT!!!

You can't believe everything you hear around here. There are lights. During today's game they talked about how coach Kill helped raise the funds to put lights back in McAndrew a few years ago. The local chapter of the I.B,E,W, donated the labor to put them in.

blukeys
December 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM

Only 2 FCS games and one on Friday???? They must be really looking for really low game attendance to please the ESPN masters.

skinny_uncle
December 1st, 2007, 06:19 PM
game starts at 830, gates open at 630 and i promise we will have had fans out there at least an hour and a half before they open for positioning in line. and just overall SIU basketball beats any other sport our campus has to offer.

im right there with you, id be there for everything, im just trying to give some reasoning for why they werent all there. come saturday they will be out in force. and those who do go are always crazy
Basketball is still king at SIU. I'm sure many fans are attending both events.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM

i dont see mens ball being surpassed anytime soon

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
on a side note....hopefully ill be in on some SIU football and bball broadcasts next year. i love listening to reiss. he is excellent. and loyal to the school. he could go bigger if he wanted

skinny_uncle
December 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
on a side note....hopefully ill be in on some SIU football and bball broadcasts next year. i love listening to reiss. he is excellent. and loyal to the school. he could go bigger if he wanted
There was a time when Reis looked at his job as a stepping-stone to a bigger market. At this point in his life, he has had quite a career as the "Voice of the Salukis". He is a man who found his niche.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM

so do you mind if we move the game to Newark;)

besides we aint got no stinking basketball team

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
There was a time when Reis looked at his job as a stepping-stone to a bigger market. At this point in his life, he has had quite a career as the "Voice of the Salukis". He is a man who found his niche.

indeed he is. id count myself as fortunate if i get to do a few games alongside him next year.

im glad he has settled. although id love his job if he wants to move up :)

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
for the right price, this game can be moved east

they dont care about football in carbonville

pather
December 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
for the right price, this game can be moved east

they dont care about football in carbonville

totally untrue

BlueHen86
December 1st, 2007, 07:02 PM

besides we got stinking basketball team

Simplified your statement by canceling out the double negative.;)

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Simplified your statement by canceling out the double negative.;)

Sussex Co grammar

ChickenMan
December 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
Maybe I missed it among all this unrelated posting... but is it CONFIRMED that UD @ SIU will be Friday night?

appfan2008
December 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
i hope and believe we have the sat. game...

JayJ79
December 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Lights were put in at SIU in the summer of 2002

After a 29-year absence, night football returned to McAndrew Stadium in 2002. The Salukis opened the season with a 78-0 win over Kentucky Wesleyan on August 29, followed by a fireworks show.

Local electrical union IBEW 702 installed the lights at no charge, saving the athletic department $100,000 on infrastructure improvements originally expected to cost $250,000.

Prior to 2002, the last night game at McAndrew was Oct. 20, 1973, when the Salukis hosted Tampa. The lighting system became inoperable the following year.

Not sure if ESPN would have to bring in extra lights for the benefit of television or not.

75%
December 1st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Short week for Delaware just got shorter, bad weather at UNI plane can't leave till at least tomorrow morning

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Short week for Delaware just got shorter, bad weather at UNI plane can't leave till at least tomorrow morning

we need to play on Saturday

Jaxhen
December 1st, 2007, 08:28 PM

Maybe we should just stay out there and practice in the midwest.

skinny_uncle
December 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM

besides we aint got no stinking basketball team

Our basketball team will be at Charlotte next Friday. You may hear radios in the stands at the Mac if we play Friday night and occasional cheers that have nothing to do with the football game.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM

Karmic retribution for UNI's flight delays in '03?

Umberto96
December 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
(Virgin post ... please be gentle with me!)

On the UR radio broadcast tonite they mentioned that the first semi would be Friday AT UD. They mentioned this a couple of times (about next week in Newark and this and that). They could have corrected themselves later in the broadcast and I just missed it ... and they're not exactly the most authoritative source ... but are we all sure that Friday's game will even be in Carbondale?

I realize that makes no sense considering SIU's seeded ... but I'm just saying it may not be 100% sure that SIU gets the home game ... maybe they didn't want to pay the guarantee, who knows. (And maybe the UR radio crew has their head up their @$$, that's quite possible too)

siugrad99
December 2nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
YES it is confirmed that Delaware comes to SIU for a Friday night game. They mentioned it 10 times during the basketball game. I am not sure who this "Pather" guy is and his pipedream of doing SIU basketball games next to Reiss, but as an SIU fan I am embarassed at the turnout for the Football game. There is no excuse not to have 10,000 plus @ the game today and for the 2nd week in a row we put up beyond pathetic attendance. Thankfully we have the #4 seed to keep us in Carbondale even though Delaware fans prove week in and week out that they are more deserving of a home game.

siugrad99
December 2nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
basketball plays on Saturday the 8th

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2007, 07:38 AM
YES it is confirmed that Delaware comes to SIU for a Friday night game. They mentioned it 10 times during the basketball game. I am not sure who this "Pather" guy is and his pipedream of doing SIU basketball games next to Reiss, but as an SIU fan I am embarassed at the turnout for the Football game. There is no excuse not to have 10,000 plus @ the game today and for the 2nd week in a row we put up beyond pathetic attendance. Thankfully we have the #4 seed to keep us in Carbondale even though Delaware fans prove week in and week out that they are more deserving of a home game.

I saw noticeably more people than last week, bothe tailgating and in the stadium. I think we under-reported and skimmed some cash. We knew we were home next game when UNI lost.

89Hen
December 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM
IF I was able to travel on a Friday to this game (still bitter about that), where do you fly into for Carbondale? xconfusedx

UDChE89
December 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
I've been looking 89Hen.... it's either St. Louis and a two hour drive or Paducah, KY and about an hour and a half... PM me and maybe we can figure something out..

89Hen
December 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
I've been looking 89Hen.... it's either St. Louis and a two hour drive or Paducah, KY and about an hour and a half... PM me and maybe we can figure something out..
I will, thanks! I have to look at the social calendar.

Paducah, Kentucky has an airport? xeyebrowx

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
I will, thanks! I have to look at the social calendar.

Paducah, Kentucky has an airport? xeyebrowx

So does Marion, IL, about 1/2 hour away. They used to have a hop to St. Louis, I assume they still do. Might want to check that out, C'dale is about 2.5 hrs. from STL airport.

UDChE89
December 2nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
So does Marion, IL, about 1/2 hour away. They used to have a hop to St. Louis, I assume they still do. Might want to check that out, C'dale is about 2.5 hrs. from STL airport.

Flight times to Marion don't work for the game... only two flights a day.. first is too early.. second is too late... that was according to the Williamson County airport website... And not for $347 R/T from STL to MWA..

WildcatFan
December 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Maybe we should just stay out there and practice in the midwest.

NCAA needs to take this delay into consideration and move the game to Saturday.

UDBlueLotFan
December 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM

Add a couple hours with a pit-stop at PT's xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
NCAA needs to take this delay into consideration and move the game to Saturday.

that would be the right thing to do and thats why the NCAA will never allow it to happen at this point

hapapp
December 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Could just be a mistake, but on the ASU online ticket site, they changed the time from 4 pm on Sat to Fri at 8 pm and postponed selling tickets until later today after they originally had them on sale earlier in the day.

RadMann
December 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
The Saluki board says the games have been swapped. SIU - UD is now Saturday, ASU - UR is Friday. That's from the Saluki board and they say they heard it on the radio.

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
The Saluki board says the games have been swapped. SIU - UD is now Saturday, ASU - UR is Friday. That's from the Saluki board and they say they heard it on the radio.

I just read that. If Reis really said it, it is probably true.