PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 3, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
September 16th, 2023, 10:30 PM
With two games remaining for teams in the AGS Top 25 and ORV (past and present), I present to you the almost complete How They Fared for Week 3 of the FCS season.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dor47MwOOjRVyzPACMEe8x64OejOOoB8cPHel5uVIm8/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared.

I'll update the remaining two games tomorrow morning. At the time of this posting, #16 UC Davis leads Southern Utah 6-0 at the half, and Jackson State is 36 pt down to FBS Texas State near the end of the 3rd quarter.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2023, 11:04 PM
UC Davis and SUU have 5+ minutes left in the 3rd and are at a score of 6-0 UCD. Please excuse me for the slightly early poll opening and wait 30 minutes for that game to finish.

kdinva
September 17th, 2023, 08:47 AM
thank you....

POD Knows
September 17th, 2023, 10:00 AM
Just food for thought for the voters, South Dakota is 2-1 and their only loss, 35-10, was to Missouri who just beat a highly ranked Kansas State team, I would argue that their resume is probably better than UND as USD has beaten St Thomas, who some people ranked at the beginning of the year, and a pretty bad Lamar team but UND has beaten Drake and Northern AZ. NAU is 0-3 and just got beat by Dixie State. I am not gonna put USD ahead of UND because I think head to head, UND would probably win but it is close.

crusader11
September 17th, 2023, 11:53 AM
I'm also going to lobby for Easter Illinois.

Two Valley wins, one of which was over ORV Illinois State. Their lone loss is to FBS Bowling Green.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Just food for thought for the voters, South Dakota is 2-1 and their only loss, 35-10, was to Missouri who just beat a highly ranked Kansas State team, I would argue that their resume is probably better than UND as USD has beaten St Thomas, who some people ranked at the beginning of the year, and a pretty bad Lamar team but UND has beaten Drake and Northern AZ. NAU is 0-3 and just got beat by Dixie State. I am not gonna put USD ahead of UND because I think head to head, UND would probably win but it is close.

I forgot who those people were but I told them to be sure and watch the Harvard game

MSUBobcat
September 17th, 2023, 01:13 PM
I forgot who those people were but I told them to be sure and watch the Harvard game

I was going to reply the same. The Tommies only have a 10pt win over unranked D-II Black Hills State. Kinda looks like St. Thomas took a step back (Massey has them 1 spot above Lamar, 98 and 99 respectively). They're better than Drake, and Lamar might be better than NAU, but anyone in the top 50 would be 2-1 with that schedule. I didn't watch the Mizzou game, but it seemed like they took their foot off the gas after being up 28-3 at half. Starting QB didn't play at all and their main RB only had 2 rushes until USD scored in the 4th to make it 28-10, and then he ran 5 times in the next 2 possessions. They need to go 2-1 in their next games (@NDSU, Murray State and YSU) to be under consideration, IMO, because they'll take another bitchslapping next week, then beat another bad team to be 3-2, again a record that anyone in the top 50 would have against that schedule. There's even a chance that YSU is another mediocre win if they come in 2-3 with only wins over Valpo and Bob Morris.

SeattleCat
September 17th, 2023, 01:19 PM
I would say Eaatern Washington also deserves some recognition for taking down a ranked SELA team.

MSUBobcat
September 17th, 2023, 03:23 PM
I would say Eaatern Washington also deserves some recognition for taking down a ranked SELA team.

Agreed. Next weekend's game at Davis is suddenly much more interesting.

The Cats
September 17th, 2023, 03:50 PM
thanks...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2023, 09:45 AM
Just a little over an hour left to vote so get it done if you have not.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2023, 09:51 AM

Two Valley wins, one of which was over ORV Illinois State. Their lone loss is to FBS Bowling Green.
I am watching them. Got them in my top 30 at this point in time.

McCowboys
September 18th, 2023, 10:45 AM
I am watching them. Got them in my top 30 at this point in time.

They should make it another win this week as McNeese arrives to stink up the place.

kalm
September 18th, 2023, 06:34 PM
With two games remaining for teams in the AGS Top 25 and ORV (past and present), I present to you the almost complete How They Fared for Week 3 of the FCS season.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dor47MwOOjRVyzPACMEe8x64OejOOoB8cPHel5uVIm8/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared.

I'll update the remaining two games tomorrow morning. At the time of this posting, #16 UC Davis leads Southern Utah 6-0 at the half, and Jackson State is 36 pt down to FBS Texas State near the end of the 3rd quarter.

Can’t say it often enough but this weekly nugget is so highly valuable.

Thank you!

MR. CHICKEN
September 19th, 2023, 07:26 AM

....E. ILLINOIS......3 TD LOSS TA BG....(RANKED 115 IN FBS)......SHUTOUT UH BOTTOM FEEDER TREES.....& ONE POINT DUBBYA OVERAH I. STATE...WHOM IS RANKED #9 IN VALLEY BAH LINDY...C'MON BOYS!......GEEZE.....AH CAIN'T UNDERSTAND DUH HOOPLAH FO' DUH 'GUINS.....4 TD LOSS TA NON OFFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT O. STATE.....AN' THUMPINS...TA VALPARAISO &....ROBERT MORRIS.....C'MON BOYS....BRAWK?