PDA

View Full Version : 'Nova/Rutgers

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Wanted to give a quick shout out to all the Villanova fans that made it to Piscataway to watch the Rutgers game. It was a tough loss, especially with Burroughs going down, but his backup looked like a pretty good QB in and of itself. I think Villanova will get by OK without Burroughs, and Outlaw and Dieser are a couple of great receivers.

We didn't get to the Scarlet Lot to visit any 'Nova tailgates (though we probably passed right by it while driving by every lot before the game). I did stop by the 'Nova cheering section at halftime/mid-3rd quarter. My summation of the game is on I-AA.org

(http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=72137)

Next week it's Princeton/Lafayette, to see if Lafayette "is for real" ;)

charliej
September 12th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Pretty good write LFN. Rutgers is a bit better than I think they are perceived by the general public,especially on offense.There are a few kids on that squad who will probably be playing on Sunday in the future.

We were totally out-matched in alot of areas,but there were some good signs that Nova will still be a solid team.

blukeys
September 12th, 2005, 09:15 PM
We were totally out-matched in alot of areas,but there were some good signs that Nova will still be a solid team.

That is good to hear, however losing Burroughs for the year, who has potential to play on Sundays, is a huge blow. :o

JMG1MON
September 13th, 2005, 02:41 PM
I posted this on the Rutgers rivals board and they thank you for the nice article. Rutgers doesn't see that kind of positive press in New Jersey!!! Rutgers has at least 2 guys who will be drafted (Harris and Leonard) and quite possibly a 3rd (Moses).

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks for posting it over there! I do know they don't get any positive press in NJ. Hopefully they can keep it up so they can get some more.

I posted some photos of Villanova/Rutgers. There's also another AP (I think) photo of the game as well in this thread:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3351&page=3

charliej
September 13th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I posted this on the Rutgers rivals board and they thank you for the nice article. Rutgers doesn't see that kind of positive press in New Jersey!!! Rutgers has at least 2 guys who will be drafted (Harris and Leonard) and quite possibly a 3rd (Moses).

I think all three stand a good shot.Don't overlook Neil the DE either.