PDA

View Full Version : FALL WEATHER

MUHAWKS
September 15th, 2023, 07:30 AM
Not too sure where everyone actually lives, but I am in North Jersey and was outside a bit early this am and smelled and felt FALL for the first time. Growing up in the 80's and 90's I remember September actually having real Fall days. In the last few years I have been at numerous September games with temps in the 80's and even 90's. F THat! Football is made for cloudy Fall days with temps in the 40's/ 50's! I remember our game with Fordham last year I legit over heated in the sun. I hate it! Nothing like The Fall not only for Football but the real Fall weather (which is not quite here yet but I will take it for now).. Coffee hits better on game day eve with the ait feeling a bit crisp.

Bill
September 15th, 2023, 08:03 AM
MU,
I'm a Jersey guy too, even though I'm not there anymore.
Not to bust your chops too much, but this sounds a lot like the discussions I have with my own kids and players...it doesn't feel like fall yet because it isn't fall! Football may be time for Autumn Glory (insert John facenda reference here;)), but the first 6-8 weeks of any football season are usually scorchers for me! We may be near the same age, but these frequent fryers go back to the late 1980's for me.

MUHAWKS
September 15th, 2023, 08:18 AM
MU,
Not to bust your chops too much, but this sounds a lot like the discussions I have with my own kids and players...it doesn't feel like fall yet because it isn't fall! Football may be time for Autumn Glory (insert John facenda reference here;)), but the first 6-8 weeks of any football season are usually scorchers for me! We may be near the same age, but these frequent fryers go back to the late 1980's for me.

Haha! Love it-- well, Fall, like Christmas, can be figurative! "spirit" if you will but you are right. But I do remember my Jr Football days in the mid 1980;s where nighttime practices in Sept still had some coolness. So I will take the 10 minutes of "Fall feeling" early in the am for now! As I get older I am NOT a fan of stupid cold anymore (below 30) and in reality its the wind that becomes a problem when its cold, but for me the perfect football day is 39-45 degrees, no sun!! Lots of nostalgia for me ad I am sure others.

- - - Updated - - -

MU,

incredible reference BTW!

Southsider
September 15th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Hell, not too long ago the first LU game was 13 days AFTER LABOR DAY! Weather in Eastern Pa was normally pretty nice by then.

ElCid
September 15th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Fall always smelled like football. Growing up in Sussex County it always seemed like mid Sept had that first solid whiff. Back in the 70s early 80s. Once I got down south for school, it was hard to feel like football when it was 90 the first few games. Charleston can get hot and humid right into mid Oct. But it was a nice 56 here in the NC mts this morning. I'm loving it.

bobcathpdevil56
September 15th, 2023, 11:53 AM
Here in MT, we were at 49 degress when I left for work. For sure Fall. But, it will be close to 80 for Friday Night Lights kickoffs. Don't like MT weather wait 2 hours.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2023, 02:29 PM
It’s 89 on the Isla and they have no interest in college football, it’s starting to make sense

grizband
September 16th, 2023, 11:23 AM
No college football here in Southeastern Washington, where the projected high for today is 92.