PDA

View Full Version : DO WE HAVE CAMPBELL CAMEL FANS ON HERE?

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 09:56 AM
Please come forward if so! Lets chat.

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2023, 09:58 AM
I have a request. Campbell, please drop 70 on NCCU.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2023, 10:43 AM
Please come forward if so! Lets chat.

Do you want me to play one? Forget it, I just don’t have the energy

I think you’ll beat Campbell for what it’s worth

crusader11
September 13th, 2023, 10:47 AM
Am I the only one who reads MUHAWKS' posts as if he's screaming at his computer screen in a stream-of-conscious diatribe?

Love the enthusiasm, 'HAWKS.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:08 PM

You do not have to "play" I know you hate us ad love to see my weekends ruined!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who reads MUHAWKS' posts as if he's screaming at his computer screen in a stream-of-conscious diatribe?

Love the enthusiasm, 'HAWKS.

this is basically true yes!

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Not a giant verse but here are my thoughts after week 2- I am just sitting down to my computer after the pleasant 3.5 hour drive back from Towson. Also sent some duckets to the bank account for my winning week which was made a hell of a lot better by Maryland allowing you to bet on college games in own state. Took some work but The Hawks laying 3.5 came through!

On the to real stuff- I think the only "obvious" 100% things are- W&M is good and UNH is good perhaps very good.

Delaware is a huge unknown IMO- clearly a good team but yesterday told us nothing. URI is probably very good, but I want to see more. CAA play and "almost" beating a bad FBS to me are night and day. Same goes for The Danes. I have watched both play full games and I am just not going to sit here and be in total awe yet. Capable and certainly very possible but I want to see more. Certainly the Fordham result from yesterday makes one think Albany may be very good, but ?????

Elon puzzles me. I opined in the pick em that an Elon loss could start the falling apart of their season. They still have to play Campbell, W&M, Nova, Delaware and also Monmouth, A&T on the road, NC Central, Richmond and Hampton. I know they are OOC games, but we know Elon is capable. Like they are not "down" to where they are not good, so you want a win against them to mean something but it is entirely possible they start 1-4.

Anyway in terms of what I am here for. THE MONMOUTH UNIVERSITY HAWKS! - Obviously no matter what we do, nobody will "believe" until very late in the season, even if we beat Campbell this week, and that is fine and also fair. But my honest thoughts are that Towson is a decent team. Their schedule is brutal so they could go 2-9 and still not be "bad" but mark my words, they WILL ruin someone's playoff chances. They have a lot of athletes and are capable but I am not under any sort of illusion that we beat a "good" team last night. What I can say is this- I told everyone "if" Monmouth's defense can be a "decent" unit we will make noise. I also said that assuming our offense would be as good as last year. From what I have seen after 2 weeks, our offense is OT as good as last year, YET and it has very little to do with QB. In fact, McCray is playing very well and is building some confidence. He made several nice throws in tight windows and I think will just keep getting better each week. So far in 2 weeks, teams are keying on Shirden and we yet still stick to run first which is fine but the offense just is not "clicking" yet. But I like what I see from the defense. The difference in the D line is night and day and the transfers are making an impact. Towson put up 52 pts on us last year with some of the same dudes, and almost 500 yards (260 rushing). Last night we held them to 23 points and 275 TOTAL yards only 75 rushing. And I have to let it be known that their first TD came off a turnover in our own territory. So after the quick 10-0 Towson lead, we then went on a 42- 13 "run" with 4 sacks and forced 3 turnovers. In a week to week league where you are looking for identity and improvement, last night was a big one for us. I am not saying we have a dominating defense, but I am saying those who think our D is similar to last year are in for a surprise. They still miss tackles and let up big plays but we are more aggressive, have more size and speed and depth and actually have guys who can "get home" on blitzes and 1 on 1's on the DL. If they keep improving like I think they will- I think the D has a chance to be good. And I really like our offense even though so far something seems just a tad off and I think frankly it has bee not the play calling but the lack of "mix"- meaning we have been predictable- running on running downs, passing on passing downs, not totally adjusting to the D.

This week will surely tell the tale as Campbell is talented. In my view we will need to score in the 40's, not b/c I think our D sucks but just b/c I think Campbells offense is that good and we are susceptible to big plays ad they will make them. We really need our offense to break out this week. The best thing that happened to us against Towson was adversity. It was 7-0 in the blink of an eye and 10-0. We were missing tackles and seemed almost lost. We were not clicking but stayed in it and then started making plays. The momentum fed on itself and Towson would not go away so we had several times where we faced "adversity" and battled back and actually turned it into our own momentum.

Not 100% sure what to totally think but that was a must win for us and we got it. Now we have a chance to beat a good team next week before playing 3 games that "on paper" we should win (I still respect Lafayette but I said on paper). So without getting ahead of myself, beat Campbell and we could have a great chance of being 5-1 with just an FBS loss heading into the tough part ( @ elon, @ W&M, Stony Brook, UNH the @ Albany) 3-2 in those games puts us right there in the at large conversation. I told our fans on our fan page Towson would dictate the season- a loss and it is essentially over, yes over in week 2. A win and it changes the trajectory in a major way. We will find out a lot this week for sure. Of note is that we played almost the entire 2nd half without our top 3 safeties. 2 hurt, one sitting for an unknown reason. All should be ready this week but we actually played our best defense with moving guys around (Morales our CB moved to FS and some young guys playing CB)..

At this point, I am happy that our defense has shown "improvement". Of note ( I knew about this when it happened) but it became public last week is that long time DC Andy Bobik resigned 2 weeks before the opener. Nobody really knows why. It was not health, he was not fired, just not sure, but so far it has seemed to help in terms of being aggressive and energy. Mostly b/c the other games lack intrigue or meaning but also b/c of legit reasons, MU/Campbell is the CAA game of the week IMO for sure.

Not for nothing dude but do you guys suck this year? B/c I watched the SB game and although it was clear you guys were way better, the score was 24-13 in the 4th qtr and SB ran for 170 yards. URI also did not totally dismantle them. I am NOT saying SB is good but they have some grit and for whatever reason you guys needed some late stuff to truly put them away.

AN' HAWKS TOO....GOT TWO TD'S IN SHORT FIELD SITUATIONS.......SO IT WASN'T..UH SOUFF DAKOTAH STATE LIKE WHIPPIN'.....BAWK!

...UMMMM!.......SEEMS....DUH HAWKS....DIDN'T HAVE DAT EASY UH TIME...WHIFF TIGERS.....SCORE WAS 28-23 AN' JES' UNDER 5 MINUTES UH FOURTH Q....TA GO.......ON DEY'RE WAY TA 42......ONE WAS UH TURN-OVER..BAH ......TOWSON....ON DEY'RE OWN 29 OR SO.....BUT MU....ADMONISHED DUH HENS....WHEN WE DID SIMILAR.....AGIN'...STONERS......TSK! TSK!

ElonFirefighter
September 13th, 2023, 12:25 PM
I am a huge Campbell Fan, there chicken soup is the best :D

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:32 PM
...UMMMM!.......SEEMS....DUH HAWKS....DIDN'T HAVE DAT EASY UH TIME...WHIFF TIGERS.....SCORE WAS 28-23 AN' JES' UNDER 5 MINUTES UH FOURTH Q....TA GO.......ON DEY'RE WAY TA 42......ONE WAS UH TURN-OVER..BAH ......TOWSON....ON DEY'RE OWN 29 OR SO.....BUT MU....ADMONISHED DUH HENS....WHEN WE DID SIMILAR.....AGIN'...STONERS......TSK! TSK!

stop it- you cant get halfway pregnant! we are not ranked in the top 25 coming off a playoff year and Towson> SB.. and also either a win is a win or it is not.. If it is not then I will celebrate us being 9-2 last year b/c aside from you guys NO TEAM was able to put us away away..We LED UNH in the 4th qtr!! but they were the ones in the layoffs not us.. I will play ball, you guys tell me what matters- winning? Margin? How the game was won? Here is what you need to know about Towson game:

1st downs- 24-14 MU

Rushing yards- MU- 200, Towson 75

Total yards- MU 437, Towson 275 (they had 275 yards RUSHING against us last year)

Time of possession- 37 to 23 MU

Towson's first score was off a turnover in our territory if u want to go there..

so how is it gonna be? wins where you beat the fuk out of the opponent late when it counts matter less? it was 10-0 Towson in blink of eye... 42-13 after that with stats above--- pretty clear what happened.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:37 PM

why do you think this? You and others seem to be impressed with The Camels. You and others seem to doubt us. Just a reverse jinx? What do you base this on?
r

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:38 PM
I am a huge Campbell Fan, there chicken soup is the best :D

ahh my childhood days of campbells tomato soup and grilled swiss cheese on a cold snowy day..

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2023, 12:41 PM
stop it- you cant get halfway pregnant! we are not ranked in the top 25 coming off a playoff year and Towson> SB.. and also either a win is a win or it is not.. If it is not then I will celebrate us being 9-2 last year b/c aside from you guys NO TEAM was able to put us away away..We LED UNH in the 4th qtr!! but they were the ones in the layoffs not us.. I will play ball, you guys tell me what matters- winning? Margin? How the game was won? Here is what you need to know about Towson game:

1st downs- 24-14 MU

Total yards- MU 437, Towson 275 (they had 275 yards RUSHING against us last year)

Towson's first score was off a turnover in our territory if u want to go there..

so how is it gonna be? wins where you beat the fuk out of the opponent late when it counts matter less? it was 10-0 Towson in blink of eye... 42-13 after that with stats above--- pretty clear what happened.

......DAT'S...NOT UH GIVEN....JES' YET......LIKE C HEN HAS STATED......YOU THINK EVERAH OPPONENT UH MONMOUTH...IS GOOD.........BRAWK!

....POINTS WIN GAMES....NOT STATS....AWK!

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2023, 12:45 PM
ahh my childhood days of campbells tomato soup and grilled swiss cheese on a cold snowy day..

why do I have this same memory minus the Swiss cheese?

ElCid
September 13th, 2023, 12:53 PM

Or how about last week, for me. Only it was a warm summer evening.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2023, 12:55 PM

1st downs- 24-14 MU

......DAT'S...NOT UH GIVEN....JES' YET......LIKE C HEN HAS STATED......YOU THINK EVERAH OPPONENT UH MONMOUTH...IS GOOD.........BRAWK!

....POINTS WIN GAMES....NOT STATS....AWK!

Ok well we had 42, they had 23. I am under no illusion that Towson is "good" BUT they beat us last year at our place and scored 52 while running for 300 yards. I believe we have the chance to be good this year but with a new QB , new defense etc. it is going to be one of those get better each week , find identity things. And yes I pretty much believe everyone in The CAA is essnetially capable of beating any other CAA team in a given week with a couple exceptions so while I do not admit to every team we play being "good" I have folowed the CAA log before we arrived and have seen some stff happen that shouldn't.

KPSUL
September 13th, 2023, 03:07 PM

Go Camels, beat whoever!!

FUBeAR
September 13th, 2023, 04:39 PM
Dunno…pretty sure this is their Fight Song tho…

https://youtu.be/CcQuVe6wxSU?feature=shared

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2023, 05:16 PM
Dunno…pretty sure this is their Fight Song tho…

https://youtu.be/CcQuVe6wxSU?feature=shared

They might be funny lookin', but they get things cookin'.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2023, 02:58 AM
why do I have this same memory minus the Swiss cheese?

Still enjoy it to this day!