PDA

View Full Version : In hopes of home bid, UD raises ticket prices

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 10:43 AM
If a Delaware win comes to fruition, the AD will fight for a third round home game...

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/NEWS/711300379/1006/NEWS

Go Hens!

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
If a Delaware win comes to fruition, the AD will fight for a third round home game...

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071130/NEWS/711300379/1006/NEWS

Go Hens!

What fight? It's fairly simple, first things first, UD has to win against UNI. If that happens & SIU wins pack the bags for a trip to Carbondale. If UMass wins, UD will have a home semifinal game.

Easy enough.

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 10:55 AM
It's not a given Chief

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 30th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, this appears pretty dopey. Good work by the News Journal.

You could probably charge $15 and still host Umass in the next round.

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 11:02 AM
It's not a given Chief
Yes. It is.

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
i think Del easily gets the home game over UMass

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 11:05 AM
That story is a week too late as ticket prices were $25 for the first playoff game anyways in the grandstands. Good job Frank, NOT!

93BlueHen
November 30th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Yes. It is.

Since he went Eskin on you with "Chief", you were supposed to say "Yes it is, genius." Then he has free reign to call you "dope".

newsbreaker
November 30th, 2007, 11:25 AM
A private company was planning a flight to the NC game if UNI made it. This was evidence of "looking past" Delaware and "should be seen by the players."

Delaware planning on hosting the next game is just prudent business, however.

AppGirl
November 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I thought NCAA set prices for play-off games. Or is that just the minimum and schools can increase it? App charged $20 for play-off, I think the same as reg season, except home-coming, and $5 for students and youth 12 and under. Youth tickets are usually more and students don't usually pay anything.

proasu89
November 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
A private company was planning a flight to the NC game if UNI made it. This was evidence of "looking past" Delaware and "should be seen by the players."

That too is prudent business. You can't make those plans on a day's notice. If UNI made it is the key phrase. That is not looking past an opponent.

newsbreaker
November 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I agree, it was just an argument made by Delaware fans on another board earlier in the week. :)

UMass922
November 30th, 2007, 11:33 AM
There's no way UMass would get a home game versus UD. Not a chance.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 11:37 AM
UD or UNI's coaches game planning for UMass or SI would be looking past an opponent.
The ticket office, a travel agency, and posters on a message board actually have very little to do with prepairing for a game....much as they'd like to think they do.xsmiley_wix

putter
November 30th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Montana's playoff tickets were $25 regardless of how many games the Griz would have hosted.

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 11:58 AM

I don't think so. EVERY quarterfinalist should be planning things for Chatty IMO. There's not enough time to do it once you KNOW you're in. xtwocentsx

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 12:00 PM
You know, after I said no chance, I did go back and look at last year and didn't realize you had 17,000 for the UNH quarterfinal game. xeyebrowx xbowx

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM

There is a chance; however, it's just not likely.

TheValleyRaider
November 30th, 2007, 12:25 PM
UD's chance at a home game rests on one of two things happening (all assuming a victory over UNI):

1) UMass wins, can't outbid UD for the game - relatively likely, as no offense to UMass, but I'd be shocked if they outbid UD for a playoff game

2) SIU wins, refused to bid for the semifinal - no chance, SIU isn't dumb, they know these opportunities don't come often, and they only needed to bid the minimum anyway

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 30th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Everybody should either play at or watch a game at UDel at least once in their lives -- sames goes for the UNI-Dome, as a matter of fact! Never been to Montana, but I am sure ditto for that venue, too.

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 12:46 PM
If UMass wins and their bid is $50 k, I think there is a possibility UMass will get the game. Don't forget the playing surface at UMass is field turf, versus grass at Delaware. They will get 17k at UMass for that game.

I hope we are having this tiff on Saturday afternoon here on AGS because we both will have won!! Good luck UDxthumbsupx

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 01:07 PM
If UMass wins and their bid is $50 k, I think there is a possibility UMass will get the game. Don't forget the playing surface at UMass is field turf, versus grass at Delaware. They will get 17k at UMass for that game.

I hope we are having this tiff on Saturday afternoon here on AGS because we both will have won!! Good luck UDxthumbsupx
UD's field is fine...this ain't 2005 when we had to move a home game because of poor drainage due to a craptacular contractor and air head admin.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
UD's field is fine...this ain't 2005 when we had to move a home game because of poor drainage due to a craptacular contractor and air head admin.

craptacularxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 01:26 PM
craptacularxlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :p

xconfusedx Did I say something weird?

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
They will get 17k at UMass for that game.
I'm not sure about that. I'd have to believe UNH had a lot to do with you getting to 17k last time.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
xconfusedx Did I say something weird?

No, not weird, funny....I could hear Barts voice saying itxthumbsupx

downbythebeach
November 30th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Your AD should focus on one game at a time!!!

He's putting the hen before the egg....or is it the.........xlolx

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure about that. I'd have to believe UNH had a lot to do with you getting to 17k last time.

UNH helped, but it was a late afternoon game with lights. Would have to be the same deal as a late afternoon start with a night game to sell out. UMass's field has the advantage this time of year due to any possible bad weather. I'm not saying UD's grass is in bad shape. UMass's field turf would be better for any snow or rain. Both teams have to win tomorrow to really get the debate going anyhow.

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM
UNH helped, but it was a late afternoon game with lights. Would have to be the same deal as a late afternoon start with a night game to sell out. UMass's field has the advantage this time of year due to any possible bad weather. I'm not saying UD's grass is in bad shape. UMass's field turf would be better for any snow or rain. Both teams have to win tomorrow to really get the debate going anyhow.
You're right...the NCAA will decide upon the greest field...but that field ain't made of grass or plastic.

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 03:42 PM
You're right...the NCAA will decide upon the greest field...but that field ain't made of grass or plastic.

I actually hope the game, (if it happens) is played at UD. You are going to have one pissed off team UMass coming to Delaware knowing UD "bought" the game.

FightinBluHen51
November 30th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I actually hope the game, (if it happens) is played at UD. You are going to have one pissed off team UMass coming to Delaware knowing UD "bought" the game.
Meh...you mean like the on the road in the first round to Colgate in 2003? I'll take my chances with a pissed off UmAss team in the tub if that's the case. ;)

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Meh...you mean like the on the road in the first round to Colgate in 2003? I'll take my chances with a pissed off UmAss team in the tub if that's the case. ;)

Water under the bridge..got anything better than that? Did UD scrimmage UAlbany this week to get prepped for UNI?

93BlueHen
November 30th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Water under the bridge..got anything better than that? Did UD scrimmage UAlbany this week to get prepped for UNI?

Yes, because UMass had already booked URI.xlolx xlolx xlolx

BigApp
November 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM
aren't these bids already placed BEFORE the playoffs start??

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yes, because UMass had already booked URI.xlolx xlolx xlolx

We tried to book Westchester first, but they were taken, so we had to settle for URI in a hurricanexlolx xrotatehx xnodx ...

umassfan
November 30th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yes. It is.

Im sorry but if UMass puts in the same bid then UMass will host because they are the better team.

T-Dog
November 30th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Im sorry but if UMass puts in the same bid then UMass will host because they are the better team.

This is the NCAA we're talking about.

Same thing goes with App (if we win this weekend) We will host the Richmond/Wofford winner no matter what. Even though Wofford beat us in the regular season, we draw twice as much on average than both Richmond and Wofford.

It's all about the almighty dollar. Delaware should host UMass if both teams win according to what the NCAA has put down. Whether it be fair or not is just sour gripes.

Henny
November 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Uh wrong , UD just grossed almost $500.0M last week and the NCAA got 75% of that. Agreed we won't get the same attendance for UMASS that we did for Del. St. but it is a given.

UNI first though. Talk about speculation.