PDA

View Full Version : Dime Time 2023

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 03:15 PM
We used to have a little money left over each year that was just rolled in to the next year as a starting point but over the last couple of years it's fallen off a bit so I put in a few hundred to get us by for July and August. The tank is empty. I've always shut down donations once we've met the estimate for yearly costs but we did not get their last year.

As always...it ain't free. We don't have ads. AGS runs solely on you and me. What I'm wondering now though is if it is time to start looking at adding in the ads? I'm asking because I always say if you can't pitch in that is fine and I mean that. But I don't want it to keep going down the road where not only am I putting in a good deal of effort for the site, but then it costs me good money to do it on top of the time input.

I might bump this if needed once in a while. There is a core group of you that are monetarily very loyal to AGS and if it were not for you this all would have come falling down long ago as far as an ad fee place ot exist but the core group always had a good assist from others so I thank the core group very much. I ask the others to pitch in a little too.

$5 or $10 for the year from a few more people would go a ong way.

Just a little bit below and to the right of the AGS logo above you will see a "Donate" button and this is where you take care of pitching a few coins to the site if you see fit.

The Cats
September 10th, 2023, 06:15 PM
done

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2023, 06:52 PM
Put in my contribution.

The clear solution here is we need more gambling! I'll put a $50 AGS donation down that the national champion this year is either SDSU, NDSU, or Montana St and you can have the field. Any takers??? Loser donates $50 to AGS.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Put in my contribution.

The clear solution here is we need more gambling! I'll put a $50 AGS donation down that the national champion this year is either SDSU, NDSU, or Montana St and you can have the field. Any takers??? Loser donates $50 to AGS.

xlolx

I appreciate the effort my man but the field is probably 8 teams that might have a shot...and you took the top 3. It's brilliant. I'll take the other side just for fun if nobody else steps up.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 07:29 PM
Thanks to all you guys who have kicked in today. I really appreciate you as always.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2023, 07:37 PM
xlolx

I appreciate the effort my man but the field is probably 8 teams that might have a shot...and you took the top 3. It's brilliant. I'll take the other side just for fun if nobody else steps up.
Hey, I always start low when I'm negotiating... I could deal with taking all the teams that end in "Dakota State" and giving the field. ;)

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2023, 08:00 PM
Done

ysubigred
September 10th, 2023, 08:11 PM
Put in my contribution.

The clear solution here is we need more gambling! I'll put a $50 AGS donation down that the national champion this year is either SDSU, NDSU, or Montana St and you can have the field. Any takers??? Loser donates $50 to AGS.Hmmm.. thinking.. must see the Vandals play a bit more.. old school power from the YSU glory years [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 08:36 PM
just donated but I will donate an additional $100 if Monmouth gets to week 6 at a 5-1 record (guarantees me having my playoff dream alive until the UNH game) and then $250 more if Monmouth makes the playoffs.

SUPharmacist
September 10th, 2023, 08:47 PM
I will throw in a few bucks. Big thanks to you and all those that keep this place running.

Redbird 4th & short
September 10th, 2023, 09:23 PM
Done ... great site and appreciate how well it is managed.

McNeese75
September 10th, 2023, 09:59 PM
Done

ElCid
September 10th, 2023, 10:13 PM
Done

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 10:35 PM
just donated but I will donate an additional $100 if Monmouth gets to week 6 at a 5-1 record (guarantees me having my playoff dream alive until the UNH game) and then $250 more if Monmouth makes the playoffs.

Well, **** all the rest of you. I'm a Monmouth fan now. I'm about to light that caps lock up too!:D

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2023, 10:46 PM
Well, **** all the rest of you. I'm a Monmouth fan now. I'm about to light that caps lock up too!:D

I love win/win situations..

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 10:56 PM
I love win/win situations..

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2023, 10:58 PM
Thanks to all of you that have pitched in. You guys are the exact people that I was referring to earlier. Financially this place is built on you, that is a fact.

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2023, 11:07 PM
Thanks to all of you that have pitched in. You guys are the exact people that I was referring to earlier. Financially this place is built on you, that is a fact.

If you come up short give me a holler. I can shake out the coach.:D

Puddin Tane
September 11th, 2023, 12:28 AM
Done. Will donate again if we beat South Dakota!

we are 3-0 all time vs. SD!

peck em

crusader11
September 11th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Done. Thanks for all you and others do behind the scenes to make this a message board I spend way too much time on.

The Yo Show
September 11th, 2023, 11:39 AM
Put in my contribution.

I will also take this bet. (Ursus hold me accountable if I lose to confirm I donate the $50).

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Done. Will donate again if we beat South Dakota!

we are 3-0 all time vs. SD!

peck em

Is peck em' Lamar's "Go Griz" because I don't know how or why I've never noticed that but that is damn good. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2023, 11:58 AM
I will also take this bet. (Ursus hold me accountable if I lose to confirm I donate the $50).

PC, I step aside and you The Yo have this donation bet in place.

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2023, 11:59 AM

PC, I step aside and you The Yo have this donation bet in place.
xthumbsupx

xbeerchugx

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2023, 02:31 PM
Ursus: I will donate in my usual Jurassic period style. My check is good.xdrunkyxAnd if Harvard finishes 2-5 or worse in Ivy play, I’ll double it!:D

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Ursus: I will donate in my usual Jurassic period style. My check is good.xdrunkyxAnd if Harvard finishes 2-5 or worse in Ivy play, I’ll double it!:D

Take your time, the old ways are arduous and you need to protect those digits.

bulldog10jw
September 11th, 2023, 07:43 PM
Done

Puddin Tane
September 11th, 2023, 09:13 PM
Is peck em' Lamar's "Go Griz" because I don't know how or why I've never noticed that but that is damn good. xlolx

its hard to have anything too catchy when your mascot is a red songbird! Hell, we’re in the lowlands near the coast, shoulda been gators, pirates, sharks, stingrays, raiders..something with a little machismo…

our fight song is all about Big Red..but we seemed to have switched to alot of black, i hate it! Red pants, red jerseys and red helmets looked good

but, Im a lowly ticket holder on the 20, they dont ask me

Puddin Tane
September 11th, 2023, 09:25 PM
Put in my contribution.

Mann, im really tempted on this. Idaho looked good. But i dont trust a) big sky teams, and B) having to play at mvfc stadiums. I think they use kin folk as officiating crew

idaho looked alot like last years UIW, but with with a defense

ngineer
September 11th, 2023, 09:45 PM
Donation done! My 20th season here and have enjoyed the repartee with the AGSers around the country!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2023, 12:15 AM
Thank you all for chipping in. The guys stepping in and hitting some small donations I want you to know how much I appreciate you as well. If a lot of guys step in with that it makes a huge difference so if you figure out a way to put in .40 or .80/month on the yearly scale I thank you for your effort.

ncspiderfan
September 12th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Done

MSUBobcat
September 12th, 2023, 06:37 PM
Done. Thanks for everything, Ursus. I'd hit you with a sock full of dimes, a la Silent Bob at Lafours in Mallrats, but I threw my back out humping your mom.

(Hoping someone gets the reference to this classic)

TheKingpin28
September 12th, 2023, 08:47 PM
Will be on my computer back from a work event and donating. Always enjoyed this place.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2023, 06:40 PM
Done. Thanks for everything, Ursus. I'd hit you with a sock full of dimes, a la Silent Bob at Lafours in Mallrats, but I threw my back out humping your mom.

(Hoping someone gets the reference to this classic)

I recognized it partially but could not remember where from so looked it up and had a chuckle again.

Thanks for the donates fellers.

SU DOG
September 14th, 2023, 10:40 AM
Done. Not a huge donation but I'm thinking I have been pretty consistent over the years. I so appreciate this forum and the work that ursus does to keep it going.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2023, 12:54 PM
Done. Not a huge donation but I'm thinking I have been pretty consistent over the years. I so appreciate this forum and the work that ursus does to keep it going.

Yes, you jump in every time and help out the cause. The appreciation goes your way as well.

Winterborn
September 14th, 2023, 01:32 PM
Done.

I am not much of a poster anymore but I appreciate all you do Ursus and the site you provide us to politely discuss football. xnodx

Winterborn
September 14th, 2023, 01:49 PM

Nothing wrong with the old ways. xnodx

The Jurassic period eh? About the same time span that you have watched Harvard football. :D

Bisonator
September 14th, 2023, 04:22 PM
Ursus you need to let the board know if you're coming up short, plenty of us here will help you out.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2023, 04:34 PM
Ursus you need to let the board know if you're coming up short, plenty of us here will help you out.

Oh I'm sure a lot would but I'm running this once a year and don't want to bug any more than that. We always used to make it easily in a week but it falls short a bit the last couple of years. Still have all the regulars pitching in heavy as always but the vast majority doesn't seem to want to chip in a few bucks a year and we used to have a lot more of that.

I'm just gonna make it ad free for all the people that donate and look into ads for those that would rather have it that way I think. Solves both problems so seems like the best way to go.

Your help is greatly appreciated as you are also one of the frequent flyers as far as donations.xthumbsupx

ElCid
September 14th, 2023, 06:02 PM

Ditto.

TheKingpin28
September 14th, 2023, 06:17 PM
Done

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

ngineer
September 14th, 2023, 06:20 PM
Ditto.

Ditto, Ditto.

nyuk, nyuk...xsmiley_wix

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2023, 06:45 PM
Done as well

MSUBobcat
September 14th, 2023, 07:56 PM
On top of the donation. I'll pledge 5% of my net gambling winnings this year, should there be any. The commentary here is directly related to what I bet on. And any shortcomings, add me to the list. You put in enough time, Ursus. You should at least break even.

The Cats
September 15th, 2023, 07:56 AM
bump

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2023, 11:54 AM
lather, rinse, repeat ... done again

https://i.pinimg.com/1200x/e3/d6/26/e3d626faccd3b345e13f8a87b4c9334d.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2023, 01:35 PM
On top of the donation. I'll pledge 5% of my net gambling winnings this year, should there be any. The commentary here is directly related to what I bet on. And any shortcomings, add me to the list. You put in enough time, Ursus. You should at least break even.

Over the last few days there have been a fex more people hitting with 5, 10, and $20 donations and those add up when enough of a group get those in. I think we are looking much better than last year so we should be good this year unless some **** goes wrong.

Then, it's hat in hand time again when I start a ticket with the server peops. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2023, 01:36 PM
lather, rinse, repeat ... done again

https://i.pinimg.com/1200x/e3/d6/26/e3d626faccd3b345e13f8a87b4c9334d.jpg

hmm, seems like some subtext here with our opponent this week...and I totally appreciate it.

grizband
September 16th, 2023, 03:30 PM
Done

NDSU1980
September 16th, 2023, 05:46 PM
Come on everyone, pony up. I'm cheap and I'm more than happy to donate every year.

CHIP72
October 1st, 2023, 10:12 AM
Bump.

Wanted to wait until Q4 2023 to make a donation to take advantage of a PayPal deal on one of my credit cards. Made a donation earlier this morning. (Playing the credit card rewards game was one of the things I started doing when I was bored off my ass during the early days of the pandemic.)

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2023, 01:04 PM

...........SOMEBODAH.......NEEDS TA GO TA DUH......MISERYOULA POST OFFICE.......xwhistlex.......AWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2023, 06:47 PM

...........SOMEBODAH.......NEEDS TA GO TA DUH......MISERYOULA POST OFFICE.......xwhistlex.......AWK!

I was just there a few weeks ago but it probably is time to saddle up the horse and mosey that way again.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2023, 06:49 PM
Bump.

Wanted to wait until Q4 2023 to make a donation to take advantage of a PayPal deal on one of my credit cards. Made a donation earlier this morning. (Playing the credit card rewards game was one of the things I started doing when I was bored off my ass during the early days of the pandemic.)

Started doing the same around that same time. Pay the cards off completely every month, no interest payments and take a little rake off putting expenses on the cards and get back about $100/mo. it seems like anymore.

GoBlueHens83
October 1st, 2023, 07:18 PM
Done.

Redbird 4th & short
October 2nd, 2023, 09:13 AM
hmm, seems like some subtext here with our opponent this week...and I totally appreciate it.
xlolx

WWII
November 2nd, 2023, 02:14 PM
Do I have to use PayPal? I click on debit or credit card and it sends me back to PayPal.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2023, 06:33 PM
Do I have to use PayPal? I click on debit or credit card and it sends me back to PayPal.

Yeah, I don't process payments through the site. I let them protect you. They are way safer at it than I could ever be.

WWII
November 2nd, 2023, 08:04 PM
Done

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2024, 10:40 AM
Put in my contribution.

Bump ;)

I guess if nothing else those dirty Jackrabbits saved me a few bucks...

The Yo Show
January 8th, 2024, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder professor! Just made my $50 donation.