PDA

View Full Version : Vote App. St. Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the year! PLEASE

thmst30
November 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Go to link for more info on how to support a fellow lowly FCS team who has had some rough times lately: xwhistlex :D http://goasu.com/article/11347/

Also , ITS A WEEKLY VOTE. So after this week the bottom three plays are eliminated and then you need to vote again, and so on and so forth until the winner is announced.

ASUMountaineer
November 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Done.

T-Dog
November 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
xthumbsupx

Dblue
November 29th, 2007, 08:36 PM
You have gotten another vote. Maybe your team can use it to come visit us here in Newark in 2009, you know we like home games.xnodx

da_Bison
November 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Done.

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Mission accomplished.xthumbsupx

GeauxColonels
November 29th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I honestly feel this should win the award for the whole year. It set the tone for the rest of this crazy 2007 season.

Way to go App State!

appmountaineer
November 29th, 2007, 11:04 PM
done

Grabholdofyosef
November 29th, 2007, 11:07 PM
1 more vote!!! Keep em coming.

ERASU2113
November 29th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I would but when I click on the link it says to come back at 3 pm today to see who the finalists are :(

ucdtim17
November 29th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I gotta think it's going to win

thmst30
November 29th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I gotta think it's going to win
Honestly I think Trinity will win because people were mesmerized over it. Even though it wasn't a big upset or anything, and the Millsaps team just gave up on defense at the end. I hope App wins, but I'm telling ya my gut says that Trinity gets the popularity vote.

thmst30
November 29th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I would but when I click on the link it says to come back at 3 pm today to see who the finalists are :(
? I'm not getting that. Try this link:https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/07GameChangingPerformance/index?cmp=ncaavanurl

Seven Would Be Nice
November 30th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Trinity could win by popularity, but App blocking that FG has a much bigger impact.

HaveFunKc
November 30th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Go to link for more info on how to support a fellow lowly FCS team who has had some rough times lately: xwhistlex :D http://goasu.com/article/11347/

Also , ITS A WEEKLY VOTE. So after this week the bottom three plays are eliminated and then you need to vote again, and so on and so forth until the winner is announced.

Lowly... xlolx That's funny! xlolx

My vote's in...

AshevilleApp2
November 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
How many times can you vote?

Mountaineer#96
November 30th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Done

AppStateSVX
November 30th, 2007, 09:29 AM
that video never gets old

bamamountaineer1013
November 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM
1 more for the good guys...

Appstate29
November 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Trinity could win by popularity, but App blocking that FG has a much bigger impact.

I don't know if Trinity was as big as ASU over Michigan, in popularity or impact. Anyway, maybe we will get lucky and they will be eliminated this week!

putter
November 30th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Another vote for App! xthumbsupx

ButlerGSU
November 30th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Even I will toss a bone to App State every now and then xsmiley_wix

Good luck guys, yall deserve it.

KiddBrewer
November 30th, 2007, 11:58 AM
trinity was just a lot of TERRRRRRIBLE defense....and not really that important, comparatively speaking.

appmountaineer
November 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I think it will come down to, APP, LSU over Auburn, and stanford. Your guesses?

trusty
November 30th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Done good luck

AppMan
November 30th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I know we have our squabbles, but the one thing we can all agree on is ASU's win over Michigan brought a lot of legitimacy to FCS football. The Appalachian Nation is asking for the rest of the FCS world to chip in and vote for Cory Lynch's block of Michigan's game winning field goal attempt as the Pontiac Game Changing Play of the Year. Thanks for all your help!

https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/07GameChangingPerformance/index?cmp=ncaafb07contestcars

See Red!
December 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM
I would vote for this play as the game changing performace of all time. Not only did it throw a major wrench into the whole notion of the BCS and what "power conferences" really are, it woke everyone up to the fact that I-AA football has some fantastic teams and we can do more than beat bottom feeder I-A schools.

Now if Appy wins, I think in all fairness they should split some of that $100,000 with the other 15 playoff teams. Seems reasonable to me! Anybody else think so?

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 12:25 AM
I would vote for this play as the game changing performace of all time. Not only did it throw a major wrench into the whole notion of the BCS and what "power conferences" really are, it woke everyone up to the fact that I-AA football has some fantastic teams and we can do more than beat bottom feeder I-A schools.

Now if Appy wins, I think in all fairness they should split some of that $100,000 with the other 15 playoff teams. Seems reasonable to me! Anybody else think so?

No. App did it without our help, and deserve all the credit.

bench
December 1st, 2007, 12:37 AM
No. App did it without our help, and deserve all the credit.

And the money. Don't forget the money.

Peems
December 1st, 2007, 12:55 AM
Also I voted xthumbsupx

longtimemocfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:08 AM
Done deal

CoastalFan2005
December 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
Figured I'd give this thread a bump - just saw a commercial for this and remembered App was up for it. Already voted for them, hope they win it! xthumbsupx

HaveFunKc
December 2nd, 2007, 03:57 PM

Let's keep this in the limelight... This would be great for the FCS! Pass the word along! xthumbsupx

T-Dog
December 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Bumped.

The bottom three have been eliminated and App is still alive. Time to vote again as the slate is wiped clean.

http://www.pontiac.com/ncaa

USDFAN_55
December 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Would I be hated if I voted for Stanford?xeekx

J/K guys..... I kid, I kidxlolx

AppChicago
December 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Give it a try! Just promise me that you'll vote App is Stanford has been eliminated. Promise? Ok. Now go vote.

That's actually a relief. I was expecting Stanford to be our biggest competition.

ASUMountaineer
December 6th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Done...again.

HaveFunKc
December 6th, 2007, 09:56 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx Too funny! What's a Stanford anyway... xnodx

mountaineertider
December 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I voted!

Do I get a share of the money???

bamamountaineer1013
December 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Bump

biggie
December 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
10-4

HaveFunKc
December 9th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Have you voted today???

Vote again! xsmiley_wix

thmst30
December 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I voted again today, if you voted last week then that vote has now passed and you have to vote again. As mentioned earlier, its a weekly vote.

Casey_Orourke
December 9th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I voted early and will vote often

Telling Michigan supporters that Appalachian State will prove themselves in the Big House:
$0.02…
Predicting an Appalachian State win over #5 Michigan:
$0.25 and a cup of coffee…
Payday for just showing up in Ann Arbor:
$400,000…
Seeing the look on everybody’s face when Appalachian State makes Michigan eat CROW:
Priceless…
There are some things money can’t buy,
for everything else there’s
MASTERCARD

dbackjon
December 9th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Voted

HaveFunKc
December 10th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Did you get your vote in?

www.pontiac.com/ncaa

spelunker64
December 10th, 2007, 09:48 PM
done

appst97
December 10th, 2007, 09:56 PM
yep

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2007, 10:43 PM
xbawlingx *sniff* that play is so beautiful....i never get tired of watching it xlolx

texcap
December 10th, 2007, 10:50 PM
xbawlingx *sniff* that play is so beautiful....i never get tired of watching it xlolx

The week after that game I was fast-forwarding through some stuff on ESPN when they showed a replay of the Corey Lynch FG block. I stop and hit rewind so that I could watch the play again. My wife asked me something like, "That play agian? You must have watched it one hundred times. How many times are you going to watch it?" My reply was, "I don't know, but I guarantee I can watch it more times than they can replay it!"

HaveFunKc
December 10th, 2007, 11:59 PM
The week after that game I was fast-forwarding through some stuff on ESPN when they showed a replay of the Corey Lynch FG block. I stop and hit rewind so that I could watch the play again. My wife asked me something like, "That play agian? You must have watched it one hundred times. How many times are you going to watch it?" My reply was, "I don't know, but I guarantee I can watch it more times than they can replay it!"

As amazing as it was on TV, nothing will ever top being there in person... Watching and hearing 105,000 screaming Wolverine fans one second and then the very next second they are in a morgue...

Shock does not even come close to describe the scene that washed over Michigan stadium that afternoon. I still get chills...

If this doesn't win - WOW...

ASU
December 11th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Maybe its my computer, but I never know IF I have voted for Appalachian....I keep clicking on the ASU play, but it keeps playing. It says to click on it to vote, but never tells me anything.....what am I doing wrong, if anything?

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 09:35 AM
xhurrayx I just voted for this week ...

I was really thinking Standford would get it ... glad we made it through to the next round ...xhurrayx

asu7
December 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Bump

lizrdgizrd
December 11th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Done.

igo4uni
December 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I voted.

HaveFunKc
December 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Did you vote today?

rb45070
December 13th, 2007, 07:29 PM
ok another 3 have been wiped out, asu is still alive an kicking, please continue to help us out and vote

Appstate29
December 13th, 2007, 11:34 PM
keep the vote alive!

Casey_Orourke
December 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
As amazing as it was on TV, nothing will ever top being there in person... Watching and hearing 105,000 screaming Wolverine fans one second and then the very next second they are in a morgue...

Shock does not even come close to describe the scene that washed over Michigan stadium that afternoon. I still get chills...

If this doesn't win - WOW...

All I can say is PRICELESS

lizrdgizrd
December 14th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I saw the show last night on ESPN where they reviewed all these plays. I gotta say that the only one that I will accept beating us is the billion lateral play from DIII. That is one amazing play.

xdizzyx

AppChicago
December 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I saw the show last night on ESPN where they reviewed all these plays. I gotta say that the only one that I will accept beating us is the billion lateral play from DIII. That is one amazing play.

xdizzyx

To me, that comes off as a sort of wacky, keystone cops moment. It's amazing, but cartoonish, almost. I think in terms of how important our play was to our game and our school, and how it kicked of the "Craziest College Football Season Ever" (TM) make the App play the winner.

(Still, I'm about to watch that Trinity play again. :D )

biggie
December 19th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Vote. Not going to let this die.

Should be down to top 4 pretty soon.

rb45070
December 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ok all we are down to the final four. One last time please head over and vote for App.. The final four are:

App
Alabama
Auburn
Trinity

Mountaineer
December 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Link:

https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/07GameChangingPerformance/index?cmp=ncaavanurl

I think only the Trinity game causes concern. Auburn and Alabama soooo don't need the money. Geez. xlolx

xthumbsupx

Thank to all who are voting for us. xbowx xnodx

appstate38
December 20th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Done,

The Auburn/Alabama highlights aren't really that great.

biggie
December 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Done. Hope we have a chance.

GGASU
December 20th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Done,

The Auburn/Alabama highlights aren't really that great.

I think the only reason the Auburn and Alabama plays are still there because of their large fan base vote.

Hopefully they haven't found out how to vote as many times as you want.
(Right click video screen..left click settings...click on folder..move storage bar to zero...and refresh screen)

HaveFunKc
December 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Have you done your voting today??

biggie
December 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM
What's this doing on the second page? Vote. :)

lizrdgizrd
December 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM
When's the final cut?

biggie
December 24th, 2007, 10:50 AM
When's the final cut?

Were at the final 4 now, not sure when voting is cut off. I'd assume end of this week or the weekend, but maybe earlier.

HaveFunKc
December 24th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Next cut is Thursday... Not sure if it is down to the last two or THE one, but keep voting until then. Thursday afternoon will tell us something!!

Until then - before you leave Santa some cookies out, leave some more votes. xthumbsupx

Merry Christmas!!!

appchuck
December 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I voted.

HaveFunKc
December 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Christmas Day has passed... Hope everyone had a great one!

Don't forget to vote for the Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the Year!

Happy New Year!!! xthumbsupx

asu3peat
December 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
My brother just called me at 2:57, Thursday afternoon, to let me know that Chris Fowler just stated that ASU was leading in the Pontiac Game Changing Performance contest. Approx. 20,000 votes have been casted. Keep'em coming guys...we could use $100k to go with our $400k.

andy7171
December 27th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Got my vote! It's really a no contest.

genhunt
December 27th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Just voted.

Drove by another fan today...gave them the 3peat sign and they reponded in kind. It is going to take awhile for the celebration to end!

HaveFunKc
December 27th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Next cut is Thursday... Not sure if it is down to the last two or THE one, but keep voting until then. Thursday afternoon will tell us something!!

Until then - before you leave Santa some cookies out, leave some more votes. xthumbsupx

Merry Christmas!!!

Stand corrected... Next round of cuts is 12/29 according to the 'official' rules of E$PN/Pontiac. It looks like they cut it down to the final two with the final winner announced Jan 7th.

So keep the votes going!!! xthumbsupx

Casey_Orourke
December 30th, 2007, 08:43 AM
keep voting

appsfan
December 30th, 2007, 10:41 AM
I voted again today. Let's keep it going!

ERASU2113
December 30th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Just did too! One of the final four! :D

JohnStOnge
December 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Sorry man. But if I'm voting I'm voting for that Trinity lateral thing. In fact, the video at the game changing moment site doesn't do it justice because it starts late in the play. That is the most incredible thing I've seen in college football. Makes the Cal/Stanford thing look tame except for the fact that nobody ran over any band members.

FCSFAN
December 30th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry man. But if I'm voting I'm voting for that Trinity lateral thing. In fact, the video at the game changing moment site doesn't do it justice because it starts late in the play. That is the most incredible thing I've seen in college football. Makes the Cal/Stanford thing look tame except for the fact that nobody ran over any band members.App envy again from JSO.

thmst30
December 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
That trinity play would have been great if the team that got scored on didn't just stop playing and practically watch the dude run right past them without even trying to tackle him. Play until you hear the whistle guys, they gave up.

JohnStOnge
December 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM
App envy again from JSO.

No it's not. Yes, I wish McNeese could accomplish what App's accomplished.

But the reason I'd vote for that Trinity play is that it's the most amazing college football play I've ever seen.

McNeese75
December 30th, 2007, 09:37 PM
App envy again from JSO.

Are you stalking JSO???? xcoffeex

ERASU2113
December 30th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Honestly I think the Trinity play is amazing, but not as great as the ASU play.

1. Trinity and Milsaps, I know that's incorrect, match up better.
2. ASU and Michigan, as far as scholarships/size do not.
3. In the trinity game, the players stopped and just watched it unfold.

Granted it's my opinion, but given the fact the players quit...it's not the best play of the year. "The Play"...Cal/Stanford is far better. Mainly because no one quit on the play.

appchuck
December 31st, 2007, 09:32 AM
That trinity play would have been great if the team that got scored on didn't just stop playing and practically watch the dude run right past them without even trying to tackle him. Play until you hear the whistle guys, they gave up.

I just noticed the guys in purple were just watching. Very little effort. If that cost them the game, they deserved to lose.

AshevilleApp2
December 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
It's over. Auburn won.

ASUMountaineer
December 31st, 2007, 10:33 AM
No it's not. Yes, I wish McNeese could accomplish what App's accomplished.

But the reason I'd vote for that Trinity play is that it's the most amazing college football play I've ever seen.

I thought it was a great play, but I think last year's Boise State Statue of Liberty was much better. I did not find the Trinity play to be all that amazing. It was more luck than skill.

ASUMountaineer
December 31st, 2007, 10:59 AM
It's over. Auburn won.

According to GoASU.com it's not over until January 7.

ASU a Finalist for $100,000 Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the Year Award
by Appalachian Sports Information

November 28, 2007 - DETROIT *— Appalachian State University’s historic season-opening win at Michigan, capped by Buck Buchanan Award candidate Corey Lynch’s field-goal block as time expired, is one of 13 finalists for the 2007 Pontiac Game Changing Performance of Year award, Pontiac announced on Thursday. Appalachian fans are urged to click here to vote for the Mountaineers each week and help ASU win a $100,000 donation from Pontiac to the University’s general scholarship fund.

Each of the college football season’s Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the Week winners are in the running for the grand prize. Voting begins Thursday, Nov. 29 and each of the next three Thursdays, the previous week’s lowest three vote-getters will be eliminated until the top-four finalists are announced on Dec. 20. Voting for the top four will continue until January 7, when the Pontiac Game Changing Performance of the Year and winner of the $100,000 prize will be announced on FOX.

For more information, visit pontiac.com/ncaa or GoASU.com.

Is GoASU incorrect? I didn't know is ESPN had said already.

HaveFunKc
December 31st, 2007, 12:44 PM
It's not over... Voting is still ongoing. Final winner will not be announced until Jan 7th and E$PN will be doing the announcing (not Fox) from what they keep promoting.

So keep voting! xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
December 31st, 2007, 12:52 PM
That was the play from last year for Auburn.

We gotta keep voting for App, I've already decided that I need about $15k of that money ;).

And plus, I can't see Auburn win anything else.

AshevilleApp2
December 31st, 2007, 01:42 PM
That was the play from last year for Auburn.

We gotta keep voting for App, I've already decided that I need about $15k of that money ;).

And plus, I can't see Auburn win anything else.

Thanks for setting me straight. Keep voting!

asu7
December 31st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Just a few more days ...

This will greatly help our ADepartment ...

biggie
January 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Anyone know about voting? Looks like it has ended.

andy7171
January 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Didn't they show that App State won during the Rose Bowl? I remember seeing the FG block clip in a commercial congratulating ASU on winning.

gsugt1
January 3rd, 2008, 08:40 AM
I voted for Trinity a few days back.

The Moody1
January 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
E$PN will be doing the announcing (not Fox) from what they keep promoting. xthumbsupx

The winner will be announced on Fox during the BCS championship game.

ERASU2113
January 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
First Take just showed the plays...and they showed only three. They didn't show the ASU play. Was it eliminated?

HighRyder08
January 3rd, 2008, 10:02 AM
i just checked the website and it says that auburn won it.. im so dissapointed.. i really thought APP deserved it

Jiggs
January 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure, but I believe what you are seeing about Auburn winning was last year.

ERASU2113
January 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
ESPN College Gameday or whatever it is on ESPN2 once again just showed 3 plays.

ASU was not one of them. Anyone know why?

appstate38
January 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Can't give it to an FCS school comes to mind. But if you are telling me a field goal kick is a bigger play than blocking one to win the game then the whole thing is rigged. Because how many other games this year were won by a last second field goal. Were those games of any less importance than another mighty SEC battle?

HighRyder08
January 3rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
sorry guys i was wrong... i dont know who has won it.... when i went to search it on google i was directed to the winning play from last year... sorry about that

Appstate29
January 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
we won't know the winner until january 7th

ERASU2113
January 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
We can still vote for the play. It ends tonight...just follow the link in this article.

http://goasu.com/article/11413/

It let me get to the link, with the four plays just not able to vote.

CRAZY_DANE
January 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
I voted for App State. You have to do it.

Mountaineer#96
January 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Keep voting guys....lets not give the BCS another advantage.

HaveFunKc
January 3rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
We can still vote for the play. It ends tonight...just follow the link in this article.

http://goasu.com/article/11413/

It let me get to the link, with the four plays just not able to vote.

E$PN/Pontiac must have done something 'screwy' when they loaded the 'RUSH' feature yesterday. It appears they fixed things by this evening. You can go to the site directly and things look like normal again (including voting).

I nailed multiple votes with no problem a few minutes ago... Now I'm not sure about the cut-off tonight though. I can't find anyting on E$PN or Pontiac's site saying what the cut-off date/time is. Anybody find anything besides GoASU.com???

AppChicago
January 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Looks all closed up. Fingers crossed, eh?

appsfan
January 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
According to an article posted 1/3 on GoASU.com a "contingent of cheerleaders and fans" from ASU will be at the game Monday Night when the Game Changing Performance is awarded. Does that mean we have won? I doubt they would pay for all of the finalists to bring their respective "contingents" there. Can anyone share some insight?