PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-9

JALMOND
September 6th, 2023, 11:36 PM
Its been one week and already I am out of an elimination game and I did not have a perfect week last week in what actually turned out to be an easy pickings week. I have another week to try to make up for it. All teams are playing this week and all but two teams are on the road. Here is my feeble attempt at perfection this weekend after going 11-1 last week.

CP at San Jose State (FBS Mountain West)---The Mustangs had a really good showing at home last week in getting a well earned win. This week, they step up a notch and head to the Bay Area to play a team that had a short week to prepare. As if that means anything...San Jose State 34, CP 10.

EWU at Fresno State (FBS Mountain West)---The Eagles put on a good show last weekend against one of the heavies in all of FCS and feel good heading into this game against the FBS. However, the opponent got a good win last week and don't look like they want to slow down...Fresno State 38, EWU 14.

UI at Nevada (FBS Mountain West)---A typical game involving a good FCS team against a not so good FBS team usually means the FCS team will keep it interesting but will ultimately succumb. However, the Vandals actually have enough here to hold on and get a good win...UI 31, Nevada 28.

ISU at Utah State (FBS Mountain West)---Hard to think a loss would start some good thoughts going, but the Bengals looked decent against one of the Mountain West's top teams. They stay in that conference this week and play an easier team. Can they stick around again?...Utah State 24, ISU 13.

UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.

MSU at South Dakota State (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week showed the Bobcats are ready to take on all comers in their quest for a deep run this year. This week takes them into extreme hostile territory, playing one of the the heavies in all of FCS. A win would be huge...South Dakota State 31, MSU 28.

NAU at North Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---The Lumberjacks kept things interesting last week for a half at least. They will need to play a full game if they want a win this week. A formidable foe in a tough place to play may mean a win would be a tall order to achieve...North Dakota 28, NAU 14.

Incarnate Word (FCS Southland) at UNC---One of the two games being played in Big Sky territory, and the Bears are back from the Southland to take on another Southland team. This one, however, is a pretty good one that gave the FBS fits last week... Incarnate Word 31, UNC 17.

PSU at Wyoming (FBS Mountain West)---The Vikings knew that, even at their best, they were probably not going to get a win last week, and pointed to this week's game as a good chance to beat the FBS. But, that was before this FBS team knocked off the Big 12...Wyoming 38, PSU 10.

Texas A&M-Commerce (FCS Southland) at SAC---The Hornets emerged from Bayou country last week with a good road win, and now return home to face another Southland team. Being at home should be a relief for them, especially in their second Southland game...SAC 34, Texas A&M-Commerce 10.

UCD at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Aggies looked strong last week, picking up a solid win down on the Gulf shores against the Southland. All that has earned them a much shorter trip into Pac-12 land. Can they stay around long enough to get a win here?...Oregon State 35, UCD 20.

WSU at Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week, the Wildcats did what they wanted to do in dispatching a lower division team and not felt threatened in doing it. Now they venture out into a hostile place to play against a good team. Can they continue to win?..Northern Iowa 28, WSU 25.

bonarae
September 7th, 2023, 02:13 AM
SJSU
Fresno State
Vandals
Utah State
Griz
SDSU
UND
UIW
Wyoming
Sac
Oregon State
UNI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleCat
September 7th, 2023, 10:33 AM
35-20 SJSU. SJSU is just too much for CP
44-17 Fresno. same as above
35-33 Idaho. Idaho gets the first FBS scalp
33-25 UST. too much talent for the bungles
33-27 MSU. Montana State has been building for this, blood, sweat and tears pay off.
42-20 UND. I think the Hawks are really good.
44-10 Wyoming. Wyoming looks good this year!
38-10 Sac. Sac should handle this easily
40-20 OST. Oregon state is too much for UCD
21-20 Northen Iowa. Weber will get close but not topple a mid-level MVFC team.
30-25 Tech. griz better bring it because Tech has a decent D and good QB's and they're out for blood.

THE DANIMAL
September 7th, 2023, 11:32 AM
12-0 Last Week

San Jose St 41 Cal Poly 17
Fresno St. 38 EWU 20
Nevada 31 Idaho 28
Utah St. 38 ISU 17
Montana 41 Utah Tech 21
SDSU 35 MSU 28
North Dakota 31 NAU 27
Incarnate Word 42 UNC 10
Wyoming 45 PSU 7
Sac St. 35 Texas A&M Commerce 17
Oregon St. 41 UC Davis 24
Weber St 24 UNI 21

wapiti
September 7th, 2023, 12:07 PM
CP 13 at San Jose State 42 (FBS Mountain West)---This is a tall order for CP.

EWU 10 at Fresno State 38 (FBS Mountain West)---EWU has another tough road game.

UI 27 at Nevada 28 (FBS Mountain West)---This game has potential for a scalp.

ISU 17 at Utah State 32 (FBS Mountain West)---ISU did much better than expected last weekend. Will that happen again this weekend?

UM 38 at Utah Tech 17 (FCS United)---Cupcake number 2 for UM, but this time it's on the road.

MSU 22 at South Dakota State 32 (FCS Missouri Valley)--- FCS game of the week.

NAU 17 at North Dakota 24 (FCS Missouri Valley)---Home team wins this one

Incarnate Word 27 (FCS Southland) at UNC 13---UNC is at home, but IW did well last year and should get a road W.

PSU 13 at Wyoming 48 (FBS Mountain West)---At least PSU is playing a good G5 instead of a good P5 team, but will be a L. Take the check and keep the team operating and improving.

Texas A&M-Commerce 13 (FCS Southland) at SAC 38--- TAM showed last week to not be a strong team. Sac being at home should take the W.

UCD 24 at Oregon State 45 (FBS Pac-12)---OSU will be too much for UCD, but UCD may keep it close for the first half.

WSU 17 at Northern Iowa 24 (FCS Missouri Valley)---BBQ on the road. The UNI dome can be a difficult place to play. *(and if I remember right UNI's location is a pain to travel to. Nearest commercial airport is several hours drive away.)

*Correction: I have travel pains confused with Western Ill.

VandalBasher
September 7th, 2023, 09:50 PM
CP at San Jose State (FBS Mountain West)---San Jose State 34, CP 10. AGREE

EWU at Fresno State (FBS Mountain West)---Fresno State 38, EWU 14. NOPE, FSU 51, Eastern 14

UI at Nevada (FBS Mountain West)---...UI 31, Nevada 28. NOPE, Vandals 29, Pack 28

ISU at Utah State (FBS Mountain West)---...Utah State 24, ISU 13. NOPE, this is going to be an interesting game. I won't pick the Bengals to win, but there might be a scare.

UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---...Utah Tech 28, UM 26. HUGE NOPE. GRIZ 36, UTU 12

MSU at South Dakota State (FCS Missouri Valley)---...South Dakota State 31, MSU 28. AGREE ONLY IF THE CATS DON'T HAVE THE BALL LAST

NAU at North Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---...North Dakota 28, NAU 14. DON'T KNOW

Incarnate Word (FCS Southland) at UNC---... Incarnate Word 31, UNC 17. COULD HAPPEN

PSU at Wyoming (FBS Mountain West)---...Wyoming 38, PSU 10. NOPE, BLOWOUT

Texas A&M-Commerce (FCS Southland) at SAC---...SAC 34, Texas A&M-Commerce 10. CLOSER THAN ANYONE WOULD WANT

UCD at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---...Oregon State 35, UCD 20. SORRY, THIS WILL BE A 30 POINT SEPARATION

WSU at Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley)---Iowa 28, WSU 25. AGREE

mvemjsunpx
September 8th, 2023, 12:42 AM
EWU 17-52 Fresno — Eags continue to take their lumps

Portlol St. 10-31 WHHYYYY!!!??-oming — The Viks were terrible last week, but Wyoming only has 1 blowout win in 8 FCS games under Craig Bohl

Cal Poly 14-42 SJSU — A needed reprieve for the Spartans

Davis 24-44 Oregon St. — If only this Aggie team could play the Beavers from 2+ years ago

Commerce 10-44 Sac State — A dick-measuring contest for the Causeway…

Idaho 37-34 Nevada — First meeting in 12 years for these former conference rivals (in multiple conferences)

Idaho St. 21-47 Utah St. — The Bengals played SDSU surprisingly tough; was it a fluke?

Weber 17-24 Yunie — The Panthers didn't give Iowa State the usual scare (or upset) last week, but I'll still go with the UNI-Dome here

NAU 24-45 NoDak — Are the 'Jacks better with all those transfers? We didn't see any evidence of it last week…

Montana 41-23 Utah Tech — Both of these teams looked worse than I expected last week xchinscratchx

Montana St. 20-31 SoDak State — Have the Bobcats figured out some new wrinkles after last year's smothering in Brookings?

UIW 31-17 NoCo — Last year's Cardinals would've beaten UTEP, but I still doubt they've fallen far enough to lose in Greeley

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2023, 10:14 AM
Cal Poly 13 @ SJSU 38 - Poly had a nice start to the year but the honeymoon is over.
PSU 17 @ Wyoming 45 - A slightly better showing than last week, but I foresee another blowout.
NAU 20 @ UND 41 - It's still early but I have a lot of doubt over NAU (not very good last year WITH RJ Martinez) and UND looks like they have a solid squad.
IUW 38 @ NoCo 17 - The Bears are just not good, and Bird is the Word.
Weber 20 @ UNI 24 - Very interesting game. Giving the slight edge to the home team.
Idaho 30 @ Reno 27 - The irony of having to drop down a level in order to beat the Wolfpack, who they haven't beat this millennium.
MSU 36 @ SDSU 35 - I can't pick against the Bobcats, so in a move that shocks the FCS world, MSU goes for the win on the road, attempting the 2pt conversion at the end of the game and CONVERTS!
ISU-o 20 @ USU 41 - The Bengals put up a valiant effort against SDSU, but come back to earth a bit this weekend.
UC-Davis 24 @ Oregon State 45 - Davis has the offense to put up some points against a ranked FBS, but these Beavers bite.
EWU 13 @ Fresno State 56 - EWU appears to be similar to last year (not good, especially on D) and Fresno appears similar also (pretty good G5)
UM 38 @ UTU 21 - The Griz seem to still have questions at the QB position, but will be eager to have a better showing than against non-scholly Butler. It is a road game, however.
TAMU Commerce 17 @ Sac St 45- Davis went south and thrashed Commerce, but I'm slightly higher on Davis than Sac, so a few more points for TAMU, a few less for Sac.

uofmman1122
September 9th, 2023, 11:47 PM
UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.

30-25 Tech. griz better bring it because Tech has a decent D and good QB's and they're out for blood.

lol. lmao.

JALMOND
September 10th, 2023, 04:49 AM
Its been one week and already I am out of an elimination game and I did not have a perfect week last week in what actually turned out to be an easy pickings week. I have another week to try to make up for it. All teams are playing this week and all but two teams are on the road. Here is my feeble attempt at perfection this weekend after going 11-1 last week.

CP at San Jose State (FBS Mountain West)---The Mustangs had a really good showing at home last week in getting a well earned win. This week, they step up a notch and head to the Bay Area to play a team that had a short week to prepare. As if that means anything...San Jose State 34, CP 10.

EWU at Fresno State (FBS Mountain West)---The Eagles put on a good show last weekend against one of the heavies in all of FCS and feel good heading into this game against the FBS. However, the opponent got a good win last week and don't look like they want to slow down...Fresno State 38, EWU 14.

UI at Nevada (FBS Mountain West)---A typical game involving a good FCS team against a not so good FBS team usually means the FCS team will keep it interesting but will ultimately succumb. However, the Vandals actually have enough here to hold on and get a good win...UI 31, Nevada 28.

ISU at Utah State (FBS Mountain West)---Hard to think a loss would start some good thoughts going, but the Bengals looked decent against one of the Mountain West's top teams. They stay in that conference this week and play an easier team. Can they stick around again?...Utah State 24, ISU 13.

MSU at South Dakota State (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week showed the Bobcats are ready to take on all comers in their quest for a deep run this year. This week takes them into extreme hostile territory, playing one of the the heavies in all of FCS. A win would be huge...South Dakota State 31, MSU 28.

NAU at North Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---The Lumberjacks kept things interesting last week for a half at least. They will need to play a full game if they want a win this week. A formidable foe in a tough place to play may mean a win would be a tall order to achieve...North Dakota 28, NAU 14.

Incarnate Word (FCS Southland) at UNC---One of the two games being played in Big Sky territory, and the Bears are back from the Southland to take on another Southland team. This one, however, is a pretty good one that gave the FBS fits last week... Incarnate Word 31, UNC 17.

PSU at Wyoming (FBS Mountain West)---The Vikings knew that, even at their best, they were probably not going to get a win last week, and pointed to this week's game as a good chance to beat the FBS. But, that was before this FBS team knocked off the Big 12...Wyoming 38, PSU 10.

Texas A&M-Commerce (FCS Southland) at SAC---The Hornets emerged from Bayou country last week with a good road win, and now return home to face another Southland team. Being at home should be a relief for them, especially in their second Southland game...SAC 34, Texas A&M-Commerce 10.

UCD at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Aggies looked strong last week, picking up a solid win down on the Gulf shores against the Southland. All that has earned them a much shorter trip into Pac-12 land. Can they stay around long enough to get a win here?...Oregon State 35, UCD 20.

WSU at Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week, the Wildcats did what they wanted to do in dispatching a lower division team and not felt threatened in doing it. Now they venture out into a hostile place to play against a good team. Can they continue to win?..Northern Iowa 28, WSU 25.

10-2 this week, and could have been a lot worse. 21-3 overall and also could have been a lot worse.