PDA

View Full Version : Randy Sanders new WCU Head Coach?

WCU_FL_Alum
November 29th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Univ. of Kentucky QB coach Randy Sanders may be interested in the Western Carolina HC job. Prior to coming to KY he was the Univ. of Tennessee OC. I think it would be great if we could get him in Cullowhee.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071128/SPORTS/71127085/1065/SPORTS07

Another name that keeps popping up is Geoff Collins....Alabama LB coach and recruiting cord.

Brighter days are a ahead in Cullowhee!!

bench
November 29th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Univ. of Kentucky QB coach Randy Sanders may be interested in the Western Carolina HC job. Prior to coming to KY he was the Univ. of Tennessee OC. I think it would be great if we could get him in Cullowhee.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071128/SPORTS/71127085/1065/SPORTS07

Another name that keeps popping up is Geoff Collins....Alabama LB coach and recruiting cord.

Brighter days are a ahead in Cullowhee!!

They're finally getting electricity, huh

Oh you were talking about Randy Sanders. Ha, no. Just...no. That will never work

Skjellyfetti
November 29th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Univ. of Kentucky QB coach Randy Sanders

Geoff Collins....Alabama LB coach and recruiting cord.

No offense, by why go after position coaches? I would prefer a coach with some head coaching experience, but that's just me.

pete4256
November 29th, 2007, 03:54 PM
No offense, by why go after position coaches? I would prefer a coach with some head coaching experience, but that's just me.

No kidding. Just when I hoped that WCU would take this opportunity to avoid being permanent dead weight in the conference.

They should look at the past few hires in the Socon and recognize that Randy Sanders is not the answer.

catamount man
November 30th, 2007, 07:22 PM
a not to be named source has said Sanders was hired today by Chip Smith, but until the university releases a statement, I'll hold off.

If so, welcome to Cullowhee Coach!!!xthumbsupx

ButlerGSU
November 30th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Best of luck WCU fans. That's the next stop in my tour of SoCon stadiums. Maybe I'll make it next season.

catamount man
November 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Best of luck WCU fans. That's the next stop in my tour of SoCon stadiums. Maybe I'll make it next season.

October 25, 2008 in Cullowhee!!! BE THERE!!!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Best of luck to WCU.

Speaking from past experience, position coaches don't make the best head coaches, especially line backer coaches from the NFL. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Zoo
November 30th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Whoever your new coach is Western Carolina, you guys should improve alot as a team.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 30th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Whoever your new coach is Western Carolina, you guys should improve alot as a team.

It's hard to get worse at 1-10 and 0-7 in conference play.

WCU LawCat
December 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
Sanders was the OC at mighty Tennessee for 8 years. I'm not sure that it is a done deal yet. Seems like Chip may be interviewing a couple more candidates.

catamount man
December 2nd, 2007, 07:29 AM
Ain't gonna be Sanders, but a present FCS coach and I am stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU LawCat
December 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Just got the news! I agree it is a shock but look like a winner!

ASUPATCH
December 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
And that would be whom?

Saint3333
December 2nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
http://aamusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_anthony00.html

Rumor has it.

catamount man
December 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
http://aamusports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jones_anthony00.html

Rumor has it.

I've got it from 2 former Catamount football players who are still close to the program that it's a done deal, official announcement pending.

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

bobbythekidd
December 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
His (Anthony) worst season at AA&M is 7-4. WCU fans would delight in his worst season. I see why fans are stoked. He took over a team that went 4-7 the season before his arrival, and went 8-4. Things are indeed looking bright in the Whee.

catamount man
December 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
His (Anthony) worst season at AA&M is 7-4. WCU fans would delight in his worst season. I see why fans are stoked. He took over a team that went 4-7 the season before his arrival, and went 8-4. Things are indeed looking bright in the Whee.

Not to mention 1st AA head coach in SoCon history and that will help out with recruiting IMO. With our chancellor raising the bar as far as salaries and the recruiting budget goes, I hope this guy raids the Atlanta area dry for future Catamounts.

STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!