PDA

View Full Version : Coastal lands Jerome Simpson v2.0?

bodoyle
November 29th, 2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/story/265548.html

6'4" 190 4.51

If he ends up being close to Jerome I'll be happy.

SoccerSmells
November 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM
just found him on rivals. good athlete. question is, though, how does a kid get denied admission to USC and even Nebraska and get into Coastal?

citdog
November 29th, 2007, 09:52 AM
just found him on rivals. good athlete. question is, though, how does a kid get denied admission to USC and even Nebraska and get into Coastal?

Coastal has absolutely no standards and is a diploma mill.

bodoyle
November 29th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Not sure. I know he went/is in, I think Ga Mil Acad to kinda work up his grades etc. Maybe that's why? I have no idea.

bodoyle
November 29th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Coastal has absolutely no standards and is a diploma mill.

We're a diploma mill and El Cid is a female cadet mill. :p

rokamortis
November 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Not sure about Nebraska - but USC has an academic review committee that has made news recently denying admission to athletes even though they qualify.

BestOfBreed
December 1st, 2007, 10:36 AM
Not sure about Nebraska - but USC has an academic review committee that has made news recently denying admission to athletes even though they qualify.

They didn't qualify. xnonox Spurrier is wanting to lower admission standards so it'll be easier for athletes to qualify.

rokamortis
December 1st, 2007, 10:51 AM
They didn't qualify. xnonox Spurrier is wanting to lower admission standards so it'll be easier for athletes to qualify.

Sure they did - they met the minimum NCAA qualifications. The problem is that Spurrier believed that as long as athletes meet the NCAA minimums that they would be admitted and the admissions review board believed another. USC isn't Harvard of the south but it seems that USC admissions were trying to make a point of some of the athletes. They denied an athlete but later allowed him on appeal ... ? The USC admissions process is very subjective. Spurrier lost the battle last year but I think he is going to win the war when it comes down to it. Spurrier and the boosters have a lot of pull.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2964254

BestOfBreed
December 1st, 2007, 11:04 AM
Sure they did - they met the minimum NCAA qualifications. The problem is that Spurrier believed that as long as athletes meet the NCAA minimums that they would be admitted and the admissions review board believed another. USC isn't Harvard of the south but it seems that USC admissions were trying to make a point of some of the athletes. They denied an athlete but later allowed him on appeal ... ? The USC admissions process is very subjective. Spurrier lost the battle last year but I think he is going to win the war when it comes down to it. Spurrier and the boosters have a lot of pull.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2964254

Luckily, USC has slightly higher standards than the NCAA minimum for athletes... for now. I agree Spurrier will probably get that changed though.