PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 0-1, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
September 2nd, 2023, 10:27 PM
Welcome back for another season of FCS football and another edition of How They Fared. It is going to be a crazy fall for me, and while I am stepping back from a number of items I had been a part of on AGS for a few seasons now, I will still be doing the How They Fared worksheet this season.

There are two games left involving teams in the AGS Top 25 and ORV (one in-progress...Incarnate Word) and one tomorrow afternoon (Jackson State v. Florida A&M), and I will update them as soon as I can. However, the remaining teams in the AGS Top 25 have completed their Week 0 and/or Week 1 contests, so I figured I'd get this posted.

As always, please let me know if you see any errors, and for this first HTF of the season, I have only included AGS preseason rankings. However, there are links to the others on the sheet, if you need to see them. I will input these into the sheet starting next week.

Happy voting!

Click HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ND1pJBZWzTTSdV_2eXgVKrmdCVRjh1ZL1aYvE66PSI/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared.

SeattleCat
September 2nd, 2023, 10:39 PM
Thanks for putting this together, its super helpful.

dewey
September 2nd, 2023, 11:54 PM
Thanks for putting this together, its super helpful.

100% agreed! I use this each week before voting.

Dewey

Catbooster
September 3rd, 2023, 01:05 AM
Thanks PWO

Tribe4SF
September 3rd, 2023, 02:54 AM
W&M vs. Campbell was a conference game, not OOC.

Preferred Walk-On
September 3rd, 2023, 06:58 AM
Yep, forgot about the conference realignments that have occurred. Thanks for pointing it out, and it is now fixed.

kdinva
September 3rd, 2023, 08:24 AM
thank you....

WestCoastAggie
September 3rd, 2023, 04:06 PM
FAMU, Morgan, and (gagging) NCCU should be the HBCUS considered this week for votes.

paward
September 3rd, 2023, 07:36 PM
So does the poll close on Monday?

Preferred Walk-On
September 3rd, 2023, 08:19 PM
FAMU, Morgan, and (gagging) NCCU should be the HBCUS considered this week for votes.

Don't disagree. Question: Did anybody, other than Richmond, really perform in such a way that there should be a precipitous fall or rise? I have looked through the scores, stats, opponents, and thought about the games that I watched (at least parts of) this weekend, and I am not sure that the needle really moves much on my order. I would be interested to hear the argument for what should really (dramatically?) change and why?

crusader11
September 3rd, 2023, 08:43 PM
Don't disagree. Question: Did anybody, other than Richmond, really perform in such a way that there should be a precipitous fall or rise? I have looked through the scores, stats, opponents, and thought about the games that I watched (at least parts of) this weekend, and I am not sure that the needle really moves much on my order. I would be interested to hear the argument for what should really (dramatically?) change and why?

I知 toying with sliding Albany into my top 25.

They spanked Fordham (which might not be all that impressive in the long run) and then outplayed Marshall for most of the game, I thought. Marshall is a decent Sun Belt team this year. Albany has some kids who can play, particularly their QB.

Chalupa Batman
September 3rd, 2023, 09:11 PM

I think North Alabama deserves a lot of consideration. Haven稚 started my poll yet so not sure if they値l make it in or not but they値l get a look after splitting 2 games against teams that were in the top 25 of every preseason poll.

Reign of Terrier
September 3rd, 2023, 09:23 PM
FBS games this year are going to tell us virtually nothing.

SeattleCat
September 3rd, 2023, 10:02 PM
I知 toying with sliding Albany into my top 25.

They spanked Fordham (which might not be all that impressive in the long run) and then outplayed Marshall for most of the game, I thought. Marshall is a decent Sun Belt team this year. Albany has some kids who can play, particularly their QB.

Albany made my top25 this week.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2023, 03:43 AM
I think North Alabama deserves a lot of consideration. Haven稚 started my poll yet so not sure if they値l make it in or not but they値l get a look after splitting 2 games against teams that were in the top 25 of every preseason poll.

Now I知 ok with taking Richmond out

dewey
September 4th, 2023, 04:56 AM
So does the poll close on Monday?

Per the voting email...

"The poll will close around Noon ET on Tuesday September 5th."

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2023, 07:00 AM
Albany made my top25 this week.

Same here

FUBeAR
September 4th, 2023, 07:26 AM
Split?

FUBeAR thought he read here that UNA destroyed Mercer and if the Lions had only had their soon-to-be-Payton-Award-Winning WR against the Bears, they woulda beaten Mercer by even more than they did.

Is that not correct?

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2023, 07:41 AM
Split?

FUBeAR thought he read here that UNA destroyed Mercer and if the Lions had only had their soon-to-be-Payton-Award-Winning WR against the Bears, they woulda beaten Mercer by even more than they did.

Is that not correct?

I thought you said it was UNA scoring garbage points, and Mercer still had some early season rust.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2023, 10:07 AM
A little less than one hour left to get your ballot in so get on it.

crusader11
September 5th, 2023, 10:09 AM
A little less than one hour left to get your ballot in so get on it.

Ursus, did you successfully receive my ballot? I submitted yesterday, but didn't receive a confirmation email.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2023, 10:18 AM
Ursus, did you successfully receive my ballot? I submitted yesterday, but didn't receive a confirmation email.

Yes, you were literally the first guy to not get a confirmation as I ran out of quota as per usual. I should be replenished shortly after the poll is released today.