Dec. 12/13 NCAA FCS Playoffs Semifinals TBA
Dec. 19 NCAA FCS Championship Game Chattanooga, TN

*Southern Conference game
HOME GAME IN BOLD CAPS
HC (Homecoming)

Open before App, NICE!:D

89Hen
November 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not bad, but only 11 games? 12 allowed next year.

BestOfBreed
November 28th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Nice looking schedule.

whitey
November 28th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Pretty solid. Georgia + an OVC + a CAA. Nice OOC.

4 out of the last 6 games on the road (with one of the home games against Appy) = possible DANGER.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 03:25 PM
gonna take an ass whoopin on

1 November.

NOT IN OUR HOUSE!

ACTUALLY IT IS THE HOUSE OF GENERAL JOHNSON HAGOOD CSA

LacesOut
November 28th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Tough one, imo.

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Nice to see no D-II teams on the schedule. :D

appmountaineer
November 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
good luck at georgia, I didn't realize 12 games can be played.

SuperEagle
November 28th, 2007, 03:45 PM

and no non-scholarship teams either? Crap. Why can't we be just like the CAA and play guys that no one even thought worthy of a scholly including the DII schools?

catamount man
November 28th, 2007, 03:52 PM
October 25th will be the latest WCU and GSU have ever hooked 'em up!

GO CATS!!!

89Hen
November 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
and no non-scholarship teams either? Crap. Why can't we be just like the CAA and play guys that no one even thought worthy of a scholly including the DII schools?
Are you sure you want to go there? The SoCon plays teams lower ranked than the CAA. Besides, AP will still not be up to full schollies, so they kinda count.

The CAA didn't play anyone this low...
412. West Georgia
415. Georgetown (KY)
467. Lenoir Ryhne
520. West Virginia Wesleyan
572. Webber International

OL FU
November 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I like the schedule. Austin Peay did ok for what I think was their first year back. Nice that FU is the last game and oh by the way - - - - - - BEAT UGAxnodx

SuperEagle
November 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Are you sure you want to go there? The SoCon plays teams lower ranked than the CAA. Besides, AP will stop not be up to full schollies, so they kinda count.

412. West Georgia
415. Georgetown (KY)
467. Lenoir Ryhne
well, I would love for those teams to get a shot at Iona. After all, West Ga. may be DII, but I'm not sure Western Connecticut State would beat them. Who is Western Connecticut State you ask? A DIII team that beat Iona who UNH played. UNH did beat Iona 49-21. Western Connecticut State though did sport a 5-5 record losing a tough 40-7 thriller to Kean, whoever they are. So some of these teams the CAA plays can't even beat DIII teams. xlolx
Let's be honest, to try and glorify these non-scholly's is absurd.
This thread is about GSU's schedule so I guess we should just stick to talking about that. However, I knew someone would try and take a stab at us for not playing a DII. And I will continue to argue that most DII's would beat teams like Iona, Savannah St, etc.

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I knew someone would try and take a stab at us for not playing a DII. And I will continue to argue that most DII's would beat teams like Iona, Savannah St, etc.
I wasn't taking a stab, I was being sincere.

If teams stop playing D-IIs, we don't have to hear the crap about how good some D-IIs are. :D

SuperEagle
November 28th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I wasn't taking a stab, I was being sincere.

If teams stop playing D-IIs, we don't have to hear the crap about how good some D-IIs are. :D
but by the same token, if FBS teams stopped playing FCS teams, they wouldn't run the risk of being upset and in some cases ridiculed even though we know how strong our division is. But many FBS teams give us a chance to prove our worth. Shouldn't we do that for DII?
Teams like Michigan and Navy, 2 bowl eligible teams, got beaten by 2 great teams in our division. People took notice. What if those teams would have refused to play our division because they used your argument of just scheduling in your immediate division? I just think we should give DII's that same shot.
And no offense to Austin Peay or NorthEastern, but if GSU played DII power Valosta State, I can assure you the crowd would be much bigger as they are a "name" in our state that's had lots of success.
Would be a win/win for all. A win for GSU at the gate, and a win for VSU for getting a shot to play the "bigger" boys. On the field, who knows who would win. I think it would be quite competetive.
Oh well, the precedent has been set for playing FCS schools so I'm at least glad we followed it.

CID1990
November 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Are you sure you want to go there? The SoCon plays teams lower ranked than the CAA. Besides, AP will still not be up to full schollies, so they kinda count.

412. West Georgia
415. Georgetown (KY)
467. Lenoir Ryhne

That's a misleading statement. How many games could we get with CAA teams? As I recall, The Citadel always has an ear to the ground for dates with W&M and Delaware. It's YOUR conference schedule that restricts SoCon teams from playing you, not some mythical fear of playing teams from conferences comparable to the SoCon. Plus, most times when we schedule a lower division team, it is to fill a hole in the schedule where we had hoped to get a better team, or where a guarantee game was dropped by the opponent.

I can assure you that if ANY CAA team approached Les Robinson about playing The Citadel he would make room for them. We still have a TBA date for the next two seasons and I sure don't want to play Webber again.

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Look, GSU or App State or any school could play all their OOC games against D-II schools. I don't care. But since you need 7 D-I wins to be considered playoff worthy don't come crying around here when you fail to meet the standard. If you want to give them a chance, even if it doesn't help you get anything except a home game and revenue, go ahead.

But the difference between FBS playing FCS and FCS playing D-II (Or D-III or NAIA) is that FBS and FCS are both considered to be D-I.

CID1990
November 28th, 2007, 05:02 PM
well, I would love for those teams to get a shot at Iona. After all, West Ga. may be DII, but I'm not sure Western Connecticut State would beat them. Who is Western Connecticut State you ask? A DIII team that beat Iona who UNH played. UNH did beat Iona 49-21. Western Connecticut State though did sport a 5-5 record losing a tough 40-7 thriller to Kean, whoever they are. So some of these teams the CAA plays can't even beat DIII teams. xlolx
This thread is about GSU's schedule so I guess we should just stick to talking about that. However, I knew someone would try and take a stab at us for not playing a DII. And I will continue to argue that most DII's would beat teams like Iona, Savannah St, etc.

Newberry would have won a couple games in the CAA this year.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 05:04 PM
That's a misleading statement. How many games could we get with CAA teams? As I recall, The Citadel always has an ear to the ground for dates with W&M and Delaware. It's YOUR conference schedule that restricts SoCon teams from playing you, not some mythical fear of playing teams from conferences comparable to the SoCon. Plus, most times when we schedule a lower division team, it is to fill a hole in the schedule where we had hoped to get a better team, or where a guarantee game was dropped by the opponent.

I can assure you that if ANY CAA team approached Les Robinson about playing The Citadel he would make room for them. We still have a TBA date for the next two seasons and I sure don't want to play Webber again.

VERY TRUE. THE PUSS* MILITARY ACAD'S WILL NOT PLAY US BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO GET BEAT. WE USUALLY PLAY TWO FBS'S A YEAR AND THE ONE SEASON WE DON'T BEATING WEBBER COSTS US A PLAYOFF BERTH? xsmhx xsmhx

ERASU2113
November 28th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Oct. 11 OPEN

Oct. 18 * APPALACHIAN STATE PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Same as us this year....payback is a itch sir :D. I'm coming to that game!

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
i really like that schedule... i really hope you scare the hell out of the dawgs if not beat them and look out the samford era in the socon is begining...

GaelsFootball
November 28th, 2007, 05:30 PM

I'm not making any excuses for us but that game we were missing 6 starters on defense from MSRA that infection going around which could turn deadly.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Not bad, but only 11 games? 12 allowed next year.My thought exactly. They got bit by the D-II bug this year but maybe they get bit by the 11-game bug next year?

They are taking 10/11 and 11/22 off.

BigApp
November 28th, 2007, 07:24 PM

yeah, they scheduled an even weaker team in APSU. xsmhx

Baldy
November 28th, 2007, 07:37 PM
yeah, they scheduled an even weaker team in APSU. xsmhx
Do you actually believe that a 7-4 team from the OVC is weaker than a 2-9 DII? xconfusedx

BigApp
November 28th, 2007, 07:43 PM

412. West Georgia
415. Georgetown (KY)
467. Lenoir Ryhne

tell us. Did you play (with some success xwhistlex ) as many teams this HIGH:

3. Georgia
14. Clemson
16. South Florida
23. Wisconsin
26. Arkansas
28. Michigan
47. Alabama
55. NC State

BigApp
November 28th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Do you actually believe that a 7-4 team from the OVC is weaker than a 2-9 DII? xconfusedx

next year? maybe/might/very well could be

feb18blacksunday
November 28th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I'll have to try to visit Statesboro for that game.

bobbythekidd
November 28th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I feel sorry for the APP guys if they have to wait so long again for their schedule. I already have hotel reservations for Homecoming at the cheap price before they went up on them. :D

bobbythekidd
November 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
My thought exactly. They got bit by the D-II bug this year but maybe they get bit by the 11-game bug next year?

They are taking 10/11 and 11/22 off.
I hope thats not going to be the case but we were also feeling the injury bug late in the season. We took week one off and then played thru. It really took a toll on our depth. We had a true freasman playing both ways at the end. It was tough to put on a full squad.

Perhaps this is a effort to combat that.

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
tell us. Did you play (with some success xwhistlex ) as many teams this HIGH:

3. Georgia
14. Clemson
16. South Florida
23. Wisconsin
26. Arkansas
28. Michigan
47. Alabama
55. NC State

Where did you get those rankings?

SuperEagle
November 28th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Look, GSU or App State or any school could play all their OOC games against D-II schools. I don't care. But since you need 7 D-I wins to be considered playoff worthy don't come crying around here when you fail to meet the standard. If you want to give them a chance, even if it doesn't help you get anything except a home game and revenue, go ahead.

But the difference between FBS playing FCS and FCS playing D-II (Or D-III or NAIA) is that FBS and FCS are both considered to be D-I.
just curious how you would answer this. please be truthful. if the top 10 non-scholly fcs teams played the top 10 DII teams who do you think would come out on top? this has nothing to do with getting 7DI wins or anything like that. i'm just curious how you would answer that.

stevdock
November 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Georgia Southern 2008 Football Schedule
Date Opponent Location Time

Aug. 30 at Georgia Athens, GA TBA

Sept. 6 AUSTIN PEAY PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Sept. 13 NORTHEASTERN PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Sept. 20 * ELON PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Sept. 27 * WOFFORD PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Oct. 4 * at Chattanooga Chattanooga, TN TBA

Oct. 11 OPEN

Oct. 18 * APPALACHIAN STATE PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Oct. 25 * at Western Carolina Cullowhee, N.C. TBA

Nov. 1 * at The Citadel Charleston, S.C. TBA

Nov. 8 * SAMFORD (HC) PAULSON STADIUM TBA

Nov. 15 * at Furman Greenville, S.C. TBA

Nov. 29 NCAA FCS Playoffs First Round TBA
Dec. 6 NCAA FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals TBA
Dec. 12/13 NCAA FCS Playoffs Semifinals TBA
Dec. 19 NCAA FCS Championship Game Chattanooga, TN

*Southern Conference game
HOME GAME IN BOLD CAPS
HC (Homecoming)

You can actually more or less finalize a schedule in November? I don't remember the last time we finalized our schedule before March even. To my knowledge NDSU has only 9 games on their schedule and 8 come from the Gateway. Very tough schedule though. Definitely no strength of schedule problems there.xthumbsupx

FCS Preview
November 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
just curious how you would answer this. please be truthful. if the top 10 non-scholly fcs teams played the top 10 DII teams who do you think would come out on top? this has nothing to do with getting 7DI wins or anything like that. i'm just curious how you would answer that.

Honestly don't know. Rather than non-scholly, take the Mid-Major Top 10. It includes the limited-scholly NEC.

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous
1. Dayton Flyers (30) 10-1 300 1
2. San Diego Toreros 9-2 253 2
3. Albany Great Danes 8-3 251 3
4. Morehead State Eagles 7-4 187 4
5. Iona Gaels 7-4 135 5
6. Drake Bulldogs 6-5 107 8
7. Wagner Seahawks 7-4 93 10
8. Duquesne Dukes 6-4 90 6
9. Davidson Wildcats 6-4 87 9
10. Central Connecticut St Blue Devils 6-5 74 7Would they go (5-5)? Better? Worse? It's hard to say without seeing them play. But I don't think they'd go (0-10).

How many times would App State beat Michigan if they played 100 times?

Eaglegus2
November 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Honestly don't know. Rather than non-scholly, take the Mid-Major Top 10. It includes the limited-scholly NEC.

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous
1. Dayton Flyers (30) 10-1 300 1
2. San Diego Toreros 9-2 253 2
3. Albany Great Danes 8-3 251 3
4. Morehead State Eagles 7-4 187 4
5. Iona Gaels 7-4 135 5
6. Drake Bulldogs 6-5 107 8
7. Wagner Seahawks 7-4 93 10
8. Duquesne Dukes 6-4 90 6
9. Davidson Wildcats 6-4 87 9
10. Central Connecticut St Blue Devils 6-5 74 7Would they go (5-5)? Better? Worse? It's hard to say without seeing them play. But I don't think they'd go (0-10).

How many times would App State beat Michigan if they played 100 times?

Don't think Michigan would attempt to play App State 100 times after the first lose.xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx

GGASU
November 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I feel sorry for the APP guys if they have to wait so long again for their schedule. I already have hotel reservations for Homecoming at the cheap price before they went up on them. :D

We only have one game to fill this year, so hopefully we can get the schedule out before spring.xthumbsupx