View Full Version : CSN West: Mild, Mild West

CSN-info
November 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM
CSN West: Mild, Mild West
Kent Schmidt, CSN Columnist

Just when we thought the West was getting the respect it deserved, the opening of the FCS Playoffs proved two top teams unworthy of their seeds and another narrowly escaped with a victory. However, Eastern Washington on one side of the bracket and either Northern Iowa or Southern Illinois on the other side could still make it to the championship game.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=89270

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2007, 12:11 PM
it makes me nervous to be the favored team...

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Just when we thought the West was getting the respect it deserved, the opening of the FCS Playoffs proved two top teams unworthy of their seeds and another narrowly escaped with a victory. However, Eastern Washington on one side of the bracket and either Northern Iowa or Southern Illinois on the other side could still make it to the championship game.

What a ridiculous article. Only 5 of 16 teams in the bracket were from West of the Mississippi. 2/8 teams remaining (and but for about 2 1/2 feet, it would have been 3) are from West of the Mississippi. And one of those that lost, lost to a team from West of the Mississippi. There's no shame in Montana losing to Wofford. They won the conference from which the last two NC's have emerged. He makes it sound like we lost to Delaware State for God's sake. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:19 PM
What a ridiculous article. Only 5 of 16 teams in the bracket were from West of the Mississippi. 2/8 teams remaining (and but for about 2 1/2 feet, it would have been 3) are from West of the Mississippi. ...Really reaching for your smack today huh? xrolleyesx
If you remember, about a month ago the CSN West pointed out that the top five teams this year all resided from our teams in the Big Sky, Gateway, Great West, and Southland conferences. We looked like geniuses when the NCAA FCS Playoff Committee announced the playoff field a week and a half ago. Just to recap, the committee gave the lone four seeds to members of the conferences in the CSN West. The top four seeds in order were Northern Iowa, McNeese State, Montana, and Southern Illinois.The Mississippi river doesn't denote the West in the FCS. And it doesn't set the conferences covered in the CSN West column either. xreadx

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 02:20 PM
What a ridiculous article. Only 5 of 16 teams in the bracket were from West of the Mississippi. 2/8 teams remaining (and but for about 2 1/2 feet, it would have been 3) are from West of the Mississippi. And one of those that lost, lost to a team from West of the Mississippi. There's no shame in Montana losing to Wofford. They won the conference from which the last two NC's have emerged. He makes it sound like we lost to Delaware State for God's sake. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

SIU is only about 15-20 miles east of the River. When the next New Madrid quake hits we may be west of it.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Really reaching for your smack today huh? xrolleyesx The Mississippi river doesn't denote the West in the FCS. And it doesn't set the conferences covered in the CSN West column either. xreadx

Yet my numbers remain accurate. 5/16 teams FROM THE CONFERENCES HE SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS are from West of the Mississippi (or as pointed out above, within 20 miles....). If CSN "West" is covering teams in Georgia, then they need to change their name. xthumbsupx

URMite
November 28th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Really reaching for your smack today huh? xrolleyesx The Mississippi river doesn't denote the West in the FCS. And it doesn't set the conferences covered in the CSN West column either. xreadx

But that map does a great job of showing how few OOC schools the western teams have to choose from....xeekx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Yet my numbers remain accurate. 5/16 teams FROM THE CONFERENCES HE SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS are from West of the Mississippi. If CSN "West" is covering teams in Georgia, then they need to change their name. xthumbsupxLike what teams in Georgia are in the Big Sky, Gateway, Great West, and Southland conferences? xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Like what teams in Georgia are in the Big Sky, Gateway, Great West, and Southland conferences? xcoffeex

None. Exactly my point. YOU put the dividing line there, not me.

westdakotabison
November 28th, 2007, 02:36 PM
The west probably would have done better if the committee didn't insist on keeping 2/3 of the teams playing close enough to home to get to their games in a minivan.xwhistlex

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:37 PM
None. Exactly my point. YOU put the dividing line there, not me.Your point was "If CSN 'West' is covering teams in Georgia, then they need to change their name." You seem to have a problem with what is "West" in the FCS. Three teams remain from the "CSN West." The dividing line shows the number of schools on each side, equally split.

You could say YSU is East and therefore the GFC doesn't qualify but that is splitting hairs. No? xcoffeex

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Your point was "If CSN 'West' is covering teams in Georgia, then they need to change their name." You seem to have a problem with what is "West" in the FCS. The dividing line shows the number of schools on each side, equally split.

You could say YSU is East and therefore the GFC doesn't qualify but that is splitting hairs. No? xcoffeex

I've never considered the Gateway a "West" conference. But hey, that's just me apparently.

You could draw a dividing line that splits the US population 50/50 too...that doesn't make it west/east.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I've never considered the Gateway a "West" conference. But hey, that's just me apparently.
You could draw a dividing line that splits the US population 50/50 too...that doesn't make it west/east.It does for FCS and the "CSN West" column. (though for playoff regions it is Central) xtwocentsx

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 02:42 PM

You could draw a dividing line that splits the US population 50/50 too...that doesn't make it west/east.

Where I grew up Montana is considered "back east".

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Where I grew up Montana is considered "back east".Hahahahahahaa and some Montana fans have called Chicago, EAST COAST! xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Hahahahahahaa and some Montana fans have called Chicago, EAST COAST! xlolx

No. Just East coast mentality. xnodx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 02:51 PM
No. Just East coast mentality.As someone who has lived East/West/North/South I will guarantee you that Chicago is definitely not EAST COAST "mentality".

But then again your statement proves my point. Everything is East Coast if it is not Big Sky "mentality". xcoffeex xrolleyesx xreadx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM

I hear ya... that never happens! xeekx

Plus, we play better as the underdogs everyone expects to lose because we play in the big fluffy sky... xoopsx xlolx

griz37
November 28th, 2007, 05:26 PM

Who decided that this is the east-west divide, I guess it doesn't matter it is ridiculous either way.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 05:37 PM
The dividing line shows the number of schools on each side, equally split.

Who decided that this is the east-west divide, I guess it doesn't matter it is ridiculous either way.Yeah, ridiculous. xreadx xrolleyesx xrulesx xcoffeex

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM
that map shows asu right on the dividing line...?

griz37
November 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, ridiculous. xreadx xrolleyesx xrulesx xcoffeex

If you are trying to split the schools equally why not call them Region 1 & 2 or District A & District B. Using East & West & saying Ohio is West doesn't make any sense.

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
also his article said asu has only one loss in the last 3 years at kbs... actually it is one loss in the last 5 years!

travelinman67
November 28th, 2007, 06:08 PM
If you are trying to split the schools equally why not call them Region 1 & 2 or District A & District B. Using East & West & saying Ohio is West doesn't make any sense.

Ditto. The reverse is true for east coasters who consider Ohio the "midwest". The "midwest", to me, is Kansas, Oklahoma, with Missouri being the easternmost state...(not saying that's the rule, just saying from the perspective of a Californian who travels throughout the U.S. virtually weekly).
It's all relative, geographically. What's more important is the equality of the count split.
Westerners just have to get used to hearing YSU listed as a "western" school.

xcoffeex

Tod
November 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM
It does for FCS and the "CSN West" column. (though for playoff regions it is Central) xtwocentsx

Always been that way.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 06:11 PM
As someone who has lived East/West/North/South I will guarantee you that Chicago is definitely not EAST COAST "mentality".

But then again your statement proves my point. Everything is East Coast if it is not Big Sky "mentality". xcoffeex xrolleyesx xreadx

YOU? YOU will guarantee me? That's like the fox guarding the henhouse! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 06:39 PM
If you are trying to split the schools equally why not call them Region 1 & 2 or District A & District B. Using East & West & saying Ohio is West doesn't make any sense."I" am not trying to do anything. Facts are facts. BTW, not all Ohio is West in the map, Einstein. :p

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM
When someone uses the term "west" in regards to the U.S. it should be assumed they are speaking geographically, and not from a perspective of population distribution (or school and conference location). The west begins with Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. To describe anything east of those states as being west is a misnomer.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
When someone uses the term "west" in regards to the U.S. it should be assumed they are speaking geographically, and not from a perspective of population distribution (or school and conference location). The west begins with Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. To describe anything east of those states as being west is a misnomer.So sez a Big Sky trumpeteer, not an FCS bugler. Look at the map and tell me what is the FCS West. It doesn't begin "with Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico" by far. Neither does it with any other measure besides dirt. xcoffeex xreadx

Retro
November 28th, 2007, 07:39 PM
When someone uses the term "west" in regards to the U.S. it should be assumed they are speaking geographically, and not from a perspective of population distribution (or school and conference location). The west begins with Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. To describe anything east of those states as being west is a misnomer.

Exactly and Good Luck this weekend!

McNeese and the SLC should be referred to as such.. We are in the SOUTHland conference, so i'd prefer the term South be used.. There is nothing west about Louisiana.. West srarts somewhere in Texas, really the other side of San Antonio and goes up from there in my traveled opinion.

Perhaps you need someone to write articles under different conference designations instead of lazily lumping everyone together into some general category made up to appease the writer. It's better to inform and educate the average fan about each conference anyway and give each conf it's due..

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 07:52 PM
So sez a Big Sky trumpeteer, not an FCS bugler. Look at the map and tell me what is the FCS West. It doesn't begin "with Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico" by far. Neither does it with any other measure besides dirt. xcoffeex xreadx

Or, uh...mapsxthumbsupx

So I suppose you think Northwestern University is appropriately named? Perhaps we should rename the middle-east as well.

If only someday, I can become an FCS bugler - whatever the hell that means.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 07:54 PM
.. West starts somewhere in Texas, really the other side of San Antonio and goes up from there in my traveled opinion.Glad you agree that the West starting point isn't where Big Skyers think. North and South is another question altogether.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 07:57 PM
If only someday, I can become an FCS bugler - whatever the hell that means.http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:elf09b5iWqVrZM:http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Position_Patches/boy_scout_youth/bugler.gif
It means realizing that the split, East and West in the FCS is what I posted as a map. It isn't some map that ignores where the participants are at.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Glad you agree that the West starting point isn't where Big Skyers think. North and South is another question altogether.

Wrong. West of San Antonio is west of every FSC school other than the BSC and the GWC. Go study geography then report back. xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Wrong. West of San Antonio is west of every FSC school other than the BSC and the GWC. Go study geography then report back. xthumbsupxTake another look kalm.......

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:02 PM
OK, I'll give ya the Dakota's, but barely. xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 08:05 PM
hint...... the dividing line is between schools East and West. Sorry the West has so few schools for your "geographical" boundaries.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:06 PM
OK, I'll give you SHS and Texas St, but don't push your luck.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
hint...... the dividing line is between schools East and West. Sorry the West has so few schools for your "geographical" boundaries.

I'll go back to my original point, if you label an article "west", I'm not expecting to read about mid-west or "southland" schools.

griz37
November 28th, 2007, 08:15 PM
"I" am not trying to do anything. Facts are facts. BTW, not all Ohio is West in the map, Einstein. :p

What are the facts? You didn't answer my question, wouldn't it be easier to label the regions as districts so that people would actually understand how they are being categorized. I am like Kalm, if I am going to read an article about the FCS west I expect to read about the Big Sky & the Great West.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe this is easier to visualize. The yellow part is the western half of FCS schools in 2007:

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
What are the facts? You didn't answer my question, wouldn't it be easier to label the regions as districts so that people would actually understand how they are being categorized. I am like Kalm, if I am going to read an article about the FCS west I expect to read about the Big Sky & the Great West.No one is putting you or kalm down for your misunderstanding. If the guy says what the "CSN West" is then that's what it is. All I'm doing is showing that it IS West in the FCS.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe this is easier to visualize. The yellow part is the western half of FCS schools in 2007:

We get what you're saying. If I lived in East St. Louis, I must live "out west" since more of the population is located east of me. xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM
We get what you're saying. If I lived in East St. Louis, I must live "out west" since more of the population is located east of me. xthumbsupxObviously you are purposefully trying NOT TO GET IT. Hopefully (for your sake) the Eagles will not take the same path this weekend at their "border" matchup. xcoffeex xwhistlex xreadx

griz37
November 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
I get it too, but....next year when they are making the dividing lines why not have West, Midwest & the East. Just a suggestion.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Obviously you are purposefully trying NOT TO GET IT. xcoffeex xwhistlex xreadx

I got it right from the start. But you could also admit that describing schools like Eastern Illinois as "west" is innaccurate.

Where's the "technically speaking" emoticon? xthumbsupx

BTW, are you using Robert Smith as your avatar?

Proud Griz Man
November 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hahahahahahaa and some Montana fans have called Chicago, EAST COAST! xlolx

East Coast? some Montana fans, plural? Link please. xnonono2x

travelinman67
November 28th, 2007, 08:46 PM

Just hard to wrap my head around GSU being on the East/West line. I know the count makes sense, but I think the earlier poster's point about regions makes sense for reasons other than geographic proximity. Philosophies/strategies obviously differ regarding player size/speed, use of spread/run&gun offenses, etc..., and (IMHO) that's often dictated by region/conference...just look at any Texas program compared to, say, Albany or UMass. I'm just saying regions seem to make more sense delineated by conference-grouping rather than a ruler line.
I will concede if CSN "did their own thing" regardless of whether it seemed to make more sense than the "official" FCS system, it WOULD probably add to the confusion and just ignite more wasteful debate.

(IMHO)

Oh Yeah... Go Eagles!!!! (in 2008 xwhistlex )

stevdock
November 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Wow I can't believe I wasted my time reading every post in this section. Great argument about nothing.

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Wow I can't believe I wasted my time reading every post in this section. Great argument about nothing.

So why waste more of your time commenting on it?

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
So why waste more of your time commenting on it?

Because we are bored waiting for Saturday to get here.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/images/smilies/beer2.gif

travelinman67
November 28th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Jeezus...post of the day! xlolx xlolx xlolx

griz37
November 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM

Just be thankful you have a reason to look forward to Saturday.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Ever feel like you're bailing a sinking ship? How is it that absolutely NO ONE agrees with you, and yet you continue to insist that WE are all wrong and uneducated.....this would be funny if it weren't so sad. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Ever feel like you're bailing a sinking ship? How is it that absolutely NO ONE agrees with you, and yet you continue to insist that WE are all wrong and uneducated.....this would be funny if it weren't so sad. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhxEver feel like you're bailing a sinking ship? Yet you and your Big Sky pals continue to insist that it is all wrong.....this would be funny if it weren't so sad. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx Facts are facts and you are wrong again (what a surprise).

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Ever feel like you're bailing a sinking ship? Yet you and your Big Sky pals continue to insist that it is all wrong.....this would be funny if it weren't so sad. xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I get it. You're out of original thoughts, so you have to start cherry picking the best ones and repeating them as your own. I'm flattered.

WyomingGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM

Relax. It's in the bag. Besides which, most Griz fans are hoping for an Eagle victory. We got to have something to fall back on and I guess this is it.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:17 PM

Good points Kent! Three left standing, two are seeds... two undefeated seeded teams proved mild.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:19 PM

Is this the department of redundancy department?

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Montana did play and defeat Eastern Washington 24-23. The Eagles were by far the toughest team the Griz played this season and showed other signs of being upset against some of the poorer Big Sky teams. Montana edged Weber State just by eight, Portland State by just three, and Northern Arizona by just five.

Ignorance is bliss. Poorer teams? Weber went 5-2 after it's game against Montana, losing only to EWU and "poorer BSC team" NAU. NAU went 4-2 down the stretch, losing only to the two playoff teams from the conference. Their five losses on the season were to Arizona (I-A), App State (2xNC), Montana (undefeated, playoff team), EWU (playoff team)and Sac State. The only team that could be construed as "poor" in his group is PSU, and even THEY jumped up and caught EWU napping early in the year.

And I love how he implies UM's close games were indicative of their relative weakness, but UNI's "close, tough games likely helped the Panthers to gain the edge to win the close game against New Hampshire."

McNeese State on the other hand, had a FBS victory over a three-win Louisiana-Lafayette squad as its top victory this year and defeated all but one team by at least ten points in their undefeated regular season. So the upset was unexpected to the three loss Eagles. The Cowboys lone close loss was to their rival Northwestern State by just six points.

And while were at it, what is THIS statement? The Cowboys who, in one sentence had an undefeated regular season, yet just two sentences later had a "lone close loss to Northwestern State"????

Dude has a problem with basic facts---AND geography. xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Good points Kent! Three left standing, two are seeds... two undefeated seeded teams proved mild.

keep spewing your anti-Montana hatred. Losing to the SoCon champ doesn't make them "mild". Just proves they're human. But I wouldn't expect YOU to understand that. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Tod
November 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM

Mild? I don't thing so. EWU, we'll see!!!

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Ignorance is bliss.Indeed and sad in this case.

Doooooooood, your Griz lost. Quit trying to reach and manufacture things that make you rationalize it. Cool out. Try coming to Chattanooga and see that there is fun in the entire FCS experience. Being so sour because your team lost is defeatest. Do your best.

Chi Panther
November 28th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Off topic.....Its always been hard for me to think that the pan-handle of Florida is Central Time Zone and Indiana is Eastern Time Zone....but it is what it is....

Syntax Error
keep spewing your anti-Montana hatred.Spewing "anti-Montana hatred" ?????? Man you are thin-skinned.

AZGrizFan
Indeed and sad in this case.

Doooooooood, your Griz lost. Quit trying to reach and manufacture things that make you rationalize it. Cool out. Try coming to Chattanooga and see that there is fun in the entire FCS experience. Being so sour because your team lost is defeatest. Do your best.

As I said, your Griz hatred shines through, loud and clear. I dare to criticize one of the golden children, and suddenly I'm just a spoiled, angry Griz fan venting because his team lost. Take off the rose colored glasses and look at the FACTS, doooooooooooood. His article is RIFE with errors, misrepresentations, and inuendo. YOU don't see it because apparently you're his lackey. I'm not. I'm objective.

FYI, I LOVE the FCS experience....I just try to do it without hating teams (well, except the Bobcats).

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Mild? I don't thing so. EWU, we'll see!!!Tod, do you think saying that two undefeated seeded West teams losing in the opening round is "anti-Montana hatred"?

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:46 PM
... I'm just a spoiled, angry Griz fan venting because his team lost...xlolx Yes, that's it. xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Spewing "anti-Montana hatred" ?????? Man you are thin-skinned.

And you, apparently, are blind to the facts before you. I guess that makes us even then, huh? xrolleyesx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:49 PM
And you, apparently, are blind to the facts before you. I guess that makes us even then, huh?Do you think saying that two undefeated seeded West teams losing in the opening round is "anti-Montana hatred"? xrolleyesx

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Tod, do you think saying that two undefeated seeded West teams losing in the opening round is "anti-Montana hatred"?

No but saying it proves they were "mild" IS. It didn't prove anything of the kind. If we'd gotten a cupcake like UMass or Delaware or Richmond or SIU and THEN lost, you'd have a point. But we got the champ of the 2 x defending NC conference. And played them to basically a draw. If it proved ANYTHING it proved that despite Montana's "cupcake" schedule they can play with anybody in the country. But of course, anti-Montana spewers won't ever see it that way.

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:51 PM
xlolx Yes, that's it. xlolxJust stop now AZ. I am really laughing at you busting a gut over this.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Just stop now AZ. I am really laughing at you busting a gut over this.

What I'm laughing at is that despite a mountain of evidence against you on a myriad of topics, I have NEVER seen you admit you were wrong about ANYTHING. EVER. NEVER EVER.

Now THAT, my friend, is funny. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:54 PM
No but saying it proves they were "mild" IS. It didn't prove anything of the kind. If we'd gotten a cupcake like UMass or Delaware or Richmond or SIU and THEN lost, you'd have a point. But we got the champ of the 2 x defending NC conference. And played them to basically a draw. If it proved ANYTHING it proved that despite Montana's "cupcake" schedule they can play with anybody in the country. But of course, anti-Montana spewers won't ever see it that way.Montana played Wofford THISCLOSE and I was GREATLY SURPRISED that the FG try missed. I was there to see a freshman Dan Carpenter beat Maine in his very first game. I know him and was saddened by the miscue. Don't ever accuse me of being anti-Griz.

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Montana played Wofford THISCLOSE and I was GREATLY SURPRISED that the FG try missed. I was there to see a freshman Dan Carpenter beat Maine in his very first game. I know him and was saddened by the miscue. Don't ever accuse me of being anti-Griz.

And yet the loss proved we're "mild", right? xrolleyesx

Syntax Error
November 28th, 2007, 11:57 PM
What I'm laughing at is that despite a mountain of evidence against you on a myriad of topics, I have NEVER seen you admit you were wrong about ANYTHING.Then you haven't looked. Sorry if GRIZ wasn't in the thread.

Syntax Error
November 29th, 2007, 12:01 AM
If an unbeaten team comes into the playoffs and loses AT HOME to an 8-3 team then I wouldn't take offense to the performance being termed MILD. Not at all. Geezus.

Ronin
November 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
There were some overrated teams in the West. And depending upon where you draw the line for west... the East teams are 5-6 and the West teams are 3-2.