PDA

View Full Version : NEC Announces All-Conference Teams

rmutv
November 27th, 2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2007/11/27/FB-Postseason-07.asp?path=fball

Offensive Player of the Year - Jason Butler, Wagner
Defensive Player of the Year - Chad Wengert, Robert Morris
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Dale Fink, Sacred Heart
Defensive Rookie of the Year - Scott Lewis, St. Francis PA
Coach of the Year - Bob Ford, Albany

Dane96
November 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Not even going to comment.

smallcollegefbfan
November 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
How does Disch not get 1st team? I know he was injured part of the year but dang he is the best defender in the league in a LONG time.

Dane96
November 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Disch-

How does the top runner for the undefeated team...who played superior talent...not win the Offensive Player of the Year, or make First-Team.

I spat on the coaches poll once-- I wipe my ass with this.

dgreco
November 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Disch-

How does the top runner for the undefeated team...who played superior talent...not win the Offensive Player of the Year, or make First-Team.

LOLxlolx

I agree, but congrats to all the guys who got recognition.

Dane96
November 27th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yes....congrats to them...not taking it away from them..

dgreco
November 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Yes....congrats to them...not taking it away from them..

I think the leagues do this on purpose to get more kids rec. for example in the NE10 this year, Harlon Hill nominee from SCSU Armstrong won MVP and 1st team QB. But then Quarterback Charlie from Bryant won Offensive player of the Year. I just think it is a equity thing more than anything. I could be way off though.

rmutv
November 28th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Disch-

Dane, Butler earned the OPOTY award by outrushing McCarty by almost 400 yards, and by almost 30 yards per game. The kid earned it.

Now, McCarty probably still should have been a first-teamer, but I think they put him on the second team because he's a sophomore and another good back - with numbers less than McCarty's - was senior. That'd be Jason Payne out of Sacred Heart, and I think I can understand that move too.

And Disch definitely was knocked back because of injuries, as was RMU's Mario Hines.

Dane96
November 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
RMUTV-- Agree with the yardage evidence-- Now look at the context. Four games against teams that would have blown Wagner out.

BobbyMo
November 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Congrats to all the players who made it. Very suprised with Disch not making it.

danefan
November 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM
All conference teams are political. I mean look at the PFL teams - Josh Johnson not getting co-O player of the year, but being a finalist for the Payton is evidence enough.

I actually don't even think Ford should have been coach of the year. Walt Hameline from Wagner did a great job this year with his squad. But then again, maybe I think that because Ford has always done the same thing every year.

BobbyMo
November 28th, 2007, 09:12 AM
All conference teams are political. I mean look at the PFL teams - Josh Johnson not getting co-O player of the year, but being a finalist for the Payton is evidence enough.

I actually don't even think Ford should have been coach of the year. Walt Hameline from Wagner did a great job this year with his squad. But then again, maybe I think that because Ford has always done the same thing every year.

You are correct with the political aspect. When I saw the list my friend was asking me who i thought for each of the POTY and coach of the year. I guessed Hameline from Wagner, though i do not think Ford is a bad choice either.

aceinthehole
November 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM
This is tough decisions, and yes political.

It sounds cheesey, but it would have been cool if Ford and Hameline we co-winners this year.

McCarty is young and will get his day. Missing out on OPOY is OK to me, but I would have made him first team.

I think the injury hurt Disch, but I don't he's in this for the awards. He's the one player in the league I would have loved to see wear a Blue devil uniform.

I didn't see too many glaring errors, but I think some people may have been left off the list for more "team diversity."

You UA fans just need to foucus on Dayton! I've never wanted to see Albany win a game so bad!

DetroitFlyer
November 28th, 2007, 10:14 AM
This is tough decisions, and yes political.

It sounds cheesey, but it would have been cool if Ford and Hameline we co-winners this year.

McCarty is young and will get his day. Missing out on OPOY is OK to me, but I would have made him first team.

I think the injury hurt Disch, but I don't he's in this for the awards. He's the one player in the league I would have loved to see wear a Blue devil uniform.

I didn't see too many glaring errors, but I think some people may have been left off the list for more "team diversity."

You UA fans just need to foucus on Dayton! I've never wanted to see Albany win a game so bad!

Here is the fun thing about that.... The Dayton fans never wanted to win a game as bad as well. Should be a great battle!!!!!

Dane96
November 28th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Here's the funnier thing: Most of AGS probably never wanted Albany to win a game as bad as well.

Love how DETROIT FLYER ALWAYS FINDS A WAY TO GET DAYTON FANS INTO A THREAD!

DetroitFlyer
November 28th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Here's the funnier thing: Most of AGS probably never wanted Albany to win a game as bad as well.

Love how DETROIT FLYER ALWAYS FINDS A WAY TO GET DAYTON FANS INTO A THREAD!

Man. I'm good, I even got you to mention Dayton!xthumbsupx

Dane96
November 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Do you live in a dream world?

I bet you have Dayton posters, #1 fingers, seat cushions, scrap books, etc., in your bedroom.

DetroitFlyer
November 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Do you live in a dream world?

I bet you have Dayton posters, #1 fingers, seat cushions, scrap books, etc., in your bedroom.

Well, I do have a UD Flag on my front porch, UD car mats in my car, a small UD Flag, football and basketball in my bedroom, a UD welcome mat on my front porch.... And, the list goes on....

You just might say that I am a serious UD fan!!!!!;)

Dane96
November 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Actually...I have another word in mind if, I might add, your claims are true:

_O_ _ R

Let's play hangman.