PDA

View Full Version : Randy Sanders interested in WCU(link)

catamount man
November 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200771127085

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

terrierbob
November 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM
If y'all want him, I'm pulling for you.

catamount man
November 27th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks and hope we get him!!!xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

dgreco
November 27th, 2007, 09:58 PM
looks like ti could be a good fit. Hopefully it helps turn the program around.

APPSTER
November 27th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Good luck - I hope you land him. Here's hoping that Western can become the 2nd best team in the SoCon.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2007, 10:05 PM
who is he?

pete4256
November 27th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Hmm. I find this interesting. I've been in Knoxvile for about 4 1/2 years, half of which was spent hearing folks complain about Randy Sanders until Fulmer offered him up like a sacrificial lamb. I don't know whether he'd make a good head coach, but I'd be leary of guys with no head coaching track record if I were WCU.

Golden Eagle
November 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM
who is he?

Offensive coordinator at Kentucky, formerly same position at Tennessee.

bamamountaineer1013
November 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Good luck, hope you land him... I look forward to the days of good App/WCU football

asu7
November 28th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Good luck if that is who yall want ... I too hope you get who ya want ...

Cause then it will feel a lot better beating ya knowing you have the coach you want! xrotatehx

Get well soon Cats ... Looking forward to this rivalary getting to where it needs to be

Skjellyfetti
November 28th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Offensive coordinator at Kentucky, formerly same position at Tennessee.

wrong. he's the QB coach at kentucky. Hasn't had offensive coordinator responsibility in 2 years and has 0 head coaching experience.

bench
November 28th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I thought Cullowhee was close enough to Knoxville that they would know better

mountain_man
November 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
i'd rather have briggs...

WCU LawCat
November 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Everyone else would rather have Briggs. Everyone in the conference liked beating Briggs.

mountain_man
November 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM
that's true, but randy will do no better.

i have a couple of buddies that played for western, and i honestly would like to see WCU improve. with that being said, i don't think randy is your man.

walliver
November 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM

i have a couple of buddies that played for western, and i honestly would like to see WCU improve. with that being said, i don't think randy is your man.

I'm sure he would be better than the Falcons' assistant whose name should never be spoken.

In general, I believe most FCS teams would be better off with coaches with experience at the FCS level (or even D-II head coaching experience), than with FBS assistants (especially one who resigned under pressure as Tennessee's OC).

bench
November 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I'm sure he would be better than the Falcons' assistant whose name should never be spoken.
A little Googling clued me in as to who you're talking about. I've never cared about behind the scenes dealings at rival schools, so this is news to me. I've seen this vaguely referenced several times since I've been here, and I know better than to ask, but what did he do to make their fans hate his guts? I'm genuinely curious.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 04:20 PM
A little Googling clued me in as to who you're talking about. I've never cared about behind the scenes dealings at rival schools, so this is news to me. I've seen this vaguely referenced several times since I've been here, and I know better than to ask, but what did he do to make their fans hate his guts? I'm genuinely curious.

he tried to bring their program into the 21st century. GSU folks didn't like that.

pete4256
November 28th, 2007, 04:33 PM
he tried to bring their program into the 21st century. GSU folks didn't like that.

In some ways, it was analogous to when Abraham Lincoln tried to bring South Carolina into the nineteenth century.

Through about May, 1863, though.

pete4256
November 28th, 2007, 04:33 PM

I agree. I don't think Sanders has the qualifications (look at his potential peers). WCU should go after someone like Mike Sewak.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 04:53 PM
In some ways, it was analogous to when Abraham Lincoln tried to bring South Carolina into the nineteenth century.

Through about May, 1863, though.

In Charleston we're STILL NOT THERE! I LOVE IT!xthumbsupx

mountain_man
November 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM

xlolx