PDA

View Full Version : Gary Rima's call of THE CATCH!

TCisMYhero
November 26th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks to the PN poster who got this up so fast!
http://www.dollytakesthecake.com/Music/TheCatch.mp3
If that doesn't give you a chill, check your pacemaker!

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Oh man first time I've heard that. I love it!

Syntax Error
November 27th, 2007, 12:01 AM
how did I know he would say "OH BABY" "I LOVE THIS TEAM" "DOME MAGIC"???????

UNI Pike
November 27th, 2007, 01:32 AM
how did I know he would say "OH BABY" "I LOVE THIS TEAM" "DOME MAGIC"???????

Because it was a FB game. If it was BB, it would have been "KABOOM" "OH BABY" & "I LOVE THIS TEAM" xsmiley_wix

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Because it was a FB game. If it was BB, it would have been "KABOOM" "OH BABY" & "I LOVE THIS TEAM" xsmiley_wix

and KA-BULLSEYE!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll never be clicking on that link.

bluehenbillk
November 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Talk about getting caught up. Great call but a little overboard for a radio guy.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 27th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'm pretty I'll never be clicking on that link.

Same here, but it may already be too late for me as I think I just puked in my mouth after seeing TCisMYhero 's avatar...

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Talk about getting caught up. Great call but a little overboard for a radio guy.

Gary is just that passionate about Panther Athletics. Plus he's a nice guy to boot!

bluehenbillk
November 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM
I'd like to hear him cry on the air this Saturday. xnodx

TCisMYhero
November 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM

So you'd rather hear a guy like Mark May on the air, with no passion, no love for the team/game, and no care as to the outcome of the game? I'm sorry, but I'll take GR any day of the week.

As for hearing him cry, I've held back from making predictions all year, but mark my words Hen fans. You will not win in the dome. If you do, I will wear a Delaware shirt all next week, and a new picture of me in it will be my avatar every day next week. I'm that confident in the heart, preparation, and coaching of this team. Tell your mascot good luck at the mascot national championship against ours though.

bluehenbillk
November 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I've held back from making predictions all year, but mark my words Hen fans. You will not win in the dome. If you do, I will wear a Delaware shirt all next week, and a new picture of me in it will be my avatar every day next week.

Well so much for holding back.....

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
So you'd rather hear a guy like Mark May on the air, with no passion, no love for the team/game, and no care as to the outcome of the game? I'm sorry, but I'll take GR any day of the week.

As for hearing him cry, I've held back from making predictions all year, but mark my words Hen fans. You will not win in the dome. If you do, I will wear a Delaware shirt all next week, and a new picture of me in it will be my avatar every day next week. I'm that confident in the heart, preparation, and coaching of this team. Tell your mascot good luck at the mascot national championship against ours though.

Gary won't cry. He's a professional. He's been to playoffs, NCAA tourneys, MVC tourneys, the whole enchilada.

And I concur with TC--you are underestimating the Dome and Dome Magic. It has served us well. Ask the 160 teams we've beaten there out of 201 games. Ask New Hampshire and Eastern Washington. Hell, ask Southern Illinois--they'll tell it like it is. Teams in our conference don't like playing here and there's a good reason why.

One word: UNI-Dome.

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Same here, but it may already be too late for me as I think I just puked in my mouth after seeing TCisMYhero 's avatar...

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20071125&Kategori=SPORTS020702&Lopenr=711250801&Ref=PH&Item=30&Maxw=600&Maxh=500
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20071125&Kategori=SPORTS020702&Lopenr=711250801&Ref=PH&Item=31&Maxw=600&Maxh=500
http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D2&Dato=20071125&Kategori=SPORTS020702&Lopenr=711250801&Ref=PH&Item=33&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

Ain't I a stinker??
http://www.theronhatch.com/blog/icontact/archives/images/bugs.jpg

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 01:12 PM
And I concur with TC--you are underestimating the Dome and Dome Magic. It has served us well. Ask the 160 teams we've beaten there out of 201 games. Ask New Hampshire and Eastern Washington. Hell, ask Southern Illinois--they'll tell it like it is. Teams in our conference don't like playing here and there's a good reason why.

One word: UNI-Dome.

OH NO!!! UNI has a big, scary dome! What is poor little Delaware going to do? We may as well forfeit now because they have a big, scary dome that seats 6,000 less than our place. Woe are we.xbawlingx

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM
It's probably 6,000 times louder. That makes up for it.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
It's probably 6,000 times louder. That makes up for it.

Disagree

UNIFanSince1983
November 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I would be more scared of our football team rather than our stadium. I don't know why people talk about our dome so much. It is a great place and a good advantage for us, due to the dry air and the regular turf that people no longer play on for the most part.

Our football team however is GREAT this year. You may have Flacco and Cuff, but that is all I hear you talk about. I can talk about a great player at pretty much every position on our team. Now I am not guaranteeing a win. In fact I don't know how this game will turn out, but I know how good our team is and that should be enough to scare Delaware fans.

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yep, we're shakin' in our shoes. Like I said, we may as well forfeit.

unigriff
November 27th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yep, we're shakin' in our shoes. Like I said, we may as well forfeit.

well good, saves me the trouble of being sad that i cant make the game and that i can look forward to a semi-final match against SIU:)

LacesOut
November 27th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Silly uni question for UNI.....why the black pants at home and the purple pants on the road? Or do they sometimes mix it up and go all purple at home and/or black pants on the road?

The black pants - cool.
The purple ones - not so much. LOL Even uglier than UD's yellow ones.

strike00
November 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I think people are hyping up the dome too much. Its a great place to watch football but its not going to make your ears bleed and you heart explode.

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM
SIU:)

Oh yes, SIU. I remember how they and UNI were both going to scare us in 2003.xlolx

strike00
November 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
it's 2007.

Maybe delaware fans are getting a little Wichita State'itis

UNIFanSince1983
November 27th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Silly uni question for UNI.....why the black pants at home and the purple pants on the road? Or do they sometimes mix it up and go all purple at home and/or black pants on the road?

The black pants - cool.
The purple ones - not so much. LOL Even uglier than UD's yellow ones.

We always go with the black pants at home and the purple ones on the road. I don't think we have mixed those up since like 94 or something like that. I do remember one game during the Terry Allen years when we went all purple at home, but that was a while ago when I was a little kid.

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I just realized why you guys are down on Delaware, because it was mentioned on the GoHens board:

Joe Biden.

Forgot he's been trolling around your state gladhanding and asking for money for the past several months. I'd hate Delaware too by this point if I was an Iowan.:p

You're all forgiven.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I think people are hyping up the dome too much. Its a great place to watch football but its not going to make your ears bleed and you heart explode.

We have a winner!!!xthumbsupx

douglasdmb
November 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe delaware fans are getting a little Wichita State'itis

xlolx

LacesOut
November 27th, 2007, 02:17 PM
We always go with the black pants at home and the purple ones on the road. I don't think we have mixed those up since like 94 or something like that. I do remember one game during the Terry Allen years when we went all purple at home, but that was a while ago when I was a little kid.

Thanks for the info.

DOME
November 27th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I just realized why you guys are down on Delaware, because it was mentioned on the GoHens board:

Joe Biden.

Forgot he's been trolling around your state gladhanding and asking for money for the past several months. I'd hate Delaware too by this point if I was an Iowan.:p

You're all forgiven.
xlolx xnodx xlolx xnodx

I'm not down on UD, just pissed I didn't get tickets in time. I just hope I can talk some bartender into putting the game on the big screen so I can see two freight trains collide head on. (Read: Cuff v Lewis)(Read: Flacco v Sanders)

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Makes me sick.

DOME
November 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Makes me sick.

C'mon now...at least UNH finished the season above .500
7-5 isn't THAT bad xrolleyesx

Panther FANatic
November 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM
OH NO!!! UNI has a big, scary dome! What is poor little Delaware going to do? We may as well forfeit now because they have a big, scary dome that seats 6,000 less than our place. Woe are we.xbawlingx

The only home field advantage I can remember you guys having from 03 was the abiltity to throw a good snowball. xcoolx

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
The only home field advantage I can remember you guys having from 03 was the abiltity to throw a good snowball. xcoolx

They were more concerned with getting the field clear than the stands. Hey, we had to throw the snow we scraped off of our seat somewhere!

Brings back memories:

"The game was delayed 30 minutes in order to prepare the field after a snowstorm dropped over eight inches of snow on the Newark area Friday and Saturday. The area had near blizzard conditions in the morning before stopping an hour before the game. Large piles of snow surrounded the field and the game was played in 30 degree temperatures with 26 mile per hour wind gusts."

Purple For Life
November 27th, 2007, 05:21 PM

Joe Biden.

You're all forgiven.

IT DOESN'T HELP THAT HE'S AT UNI TODAY!!!!

http://www.uni.edu/presidentialforum/

SENDING IN ADVANCE TROOPS, ARE YA? xeyebrowx

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM
IT DOESN'T HELP THAT HE'S AT UNI TODAY!!!!

http://www.uni.edu/presidentialforum/

SENDING IN ADVANCE TROOPS, ARE YA? xeyebrowx

Yep, that was that blast of hot air that you just felt!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 27th, 2007, 05:30 PM
C'mon now...at least UNH finished the season above .500
7-5 isn't THAT bad xrolleyesx

Lets not get any fights started out there.

crunifan
November 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Don't compare Delaware's fanbase to Wichita State. That just...is mean.

No one compares to Wichita State, NO ONE.

The FCS world should thank Jesus everyday for fact that Shocker football does not exist.

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Don't compare Delaware's fanbase to Wichita State. That just...is mean.

No one compares to Wichita State, NO ONE.

The FCS world should thank Jesus everyday for fact that Shocker football does not exist.

LMAO!

If nothing else, at least you don't have to put up with their mascot...
http://www.wichita.edu/thisis/images/secondary/aboutwsu/aboutwsu-whatsashocker.jpg

newsbreaker
November 28th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Lets not get any fights started out there.

Says the UNH fan most in need of being reminded that UNH lost that game.

The Dome and it's record speak for itself. Delaware's players and fans have absolutely no idea how loud that place is going to be on Saturday.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM

The Dome and it's record speak for itself. Delaware's players and fans have absolutely no idea how loud that place is going to be on Saturday.

Have I ever said that UNI didn't deserve to win the game?
Did I not say UNI made the plays that were needed to be made?

I do take offence to the threads that state the refs kept UNH in the game not the play on the field.

93BlueHen
November 28th, 2007, 07:47 AM

I'm telling you, Delaware couldn't care less about how loud your 16,000 seat dome is going to be. It might spook a bad FCS or D-II school playing up, but it's just another place that Delaware has to play a football game. Delaware signals all plays in by hand with three people (even Bellichik couldn't steal their playsxlolx ) and then checks the sideline for any adjustment signal, then Flacco signals any adjustment by hand. Even on the road at Navy in front of 35,000 fans, I don't recall any false starts or illegal procedures due to the noise level. It's a very cool, businesslike offense.

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM

Amen brother! Preach it!

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/08/30/inside-bluesbros-brown.jpg