PDA

View Full Version : A FCS Travesty

touchdown
November 26th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Josh Johnson (USD) Not getting at least a share of the PFL offensive player of the year award is a joke and and i will take a shot at the incompetence of some of the coaches in the league. How can you snub a QB That posted the highest passing efficency rating of all-time at any division (198.3) based on the history of this statistical category, one who also threw 43 TD Passes to 1 Interception, Who also lead the nation in Passing Efficency, Total Offense and Points responsible for is unexcusable!
He is and will be the greatest player to ever play in the pioneer football conference and should have been a three time selection!xthumbsupx After he gets drafted in April, We will hear Mel Kiper make a jab at the PFL (to think he wasn't even his conference player of the year is a joke, but he was a payton award finalist and an all-american) Go Figure, someone should have made a conference call before this got out publicly to try to fix this travesty.

Well i guess we know how Jared Allen Felt when he was snubbed as the Big sky defensive player of the year in 2003, but still won the Buck Buchanan award, Go Figure, I cant wait to hear the responses to this one!
I will note that i am not taking anything away from Kevin Hoyng from Dayton, he had a great season too and was a deserving candidate.

Johnson Selected as one of three Payton Award Finalists!
Josh Johnson, San Diego, Quarterback, 6-3, 205, Senior, Oakland, Ca.

Johnson capped off an incredible career with 43 touchdown passes and one interception in his final year. He threw for 2,988 yards and ranked first in passing efficiency (198.3) and total offense (371.4) as he completed 206- of-301 passes (68.4%). His average of 298.8 yards per game ranked fourth in FCS, and he was seventh in the sub-division in passing yards. But Johnson wasn't just a passer. He also finished the season ranked 68th nationally in rushing (72.6 yards per game) with 726 yards on 101 carries (7.2 per carry) and two TDs. During Johnson's three years as a starter, San Diego went 31-4, winning two outright Pioneer Football League titles and two Sports Network Cups as the best Mid-Major team in FCS. Johnson took the Toreros to a share of the PFL title again this season. He finished his career with 9,699 yards passing (21st all-time in FCS), 113 touchdowns (fifth all- time) and just 15 interceptions, to go along with 1,864 rushing yards and 19 TDs. Johnson was also responsible for 133 touchdowns and 11,563 yards of total offense, with the latter figure ranking 10th all-time in FCS history. He finished sixth in the 2006 Payton Award balloting and was named an All-American after throwing for 3,320 yards and 34 TDs. Johnson, who has accepted an invitation to play in the 2008 East-West Shrine Bowl, is the all-time FCS career leader in passing efficiency (176.68), and is second in active career touchdown passes with 113.

blukeys
November 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Darn I thought the USD Crowd left after Dayton paddled their fannies. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

USDFAN_55
November 26th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Darn I thought the USD Crowd left after Dayton paddled their fannies. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

The only thing that loss did was awake the Dayton fans..... I guess you can't get away from the pesky PFL fansxlolx

GOTOREROS
November 26th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Sadly for you we are not going anywhere! :D

asknoquarter21
November 26th, 2007, 06:00 PM
sorry but foster is gonna win the payton

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Bruce Eugene was not named All-Conference when he was a Payton finalist. Conference politics.

blukeys
November 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Sadly for you we are not going anywhere! :D

Stick around as long as you want with your whining and cry baby attitudes. How about Scheduling somebody next year so people can actually evaluate if you have something other than a megaphone and a non stop high pitched whine.

Syntax Error
November 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Stick around as long as you want with your whining and cry baby attitudes. How about Scheduling somebody next year so people can actually evaluate if you have something other than a megaphone and a non stop high pitched whine.Dooooooooooooooooooooooood! This isn't the smack board!!!! Show some respect for AGS! xnodx

eaglesrthe1
November 26th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Stick around as long as you want with your whining and cry baby attitudes. How about Scheduling somebody next year so people can actually evaluate if you have something other than a megaphone and a non stop high pitched whine.

It looked to me like the tragedy that he was referring to was the fact that Johnson wasn't the offensive player of the year in his own conference. So, their schedule should have at least been comparable to the other teams in the same conference. SOS shouldn't be a factor in this.

downbythebeach
November 26th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hey guys let's turn this into a bash San Diego's schedule thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Good Luck to Johnson in the Payton run xthumbsupx

touchdown
November 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Nothing but the PFL Player of the year travesty, dont question anything else!
I didnt say that Josh only played 20 quarters and the Dayton Qb played in 25, so don't base it on conference game stats, that argument is out.
Didnt say that he threw for 11 tds and 0 ints vs. the TWO FCS Scholarship opponents either, Just the facts!
FLAT OUT he should have been at the very least Co-Offensive Player of the year, anything less is unexceptable!

turfdoc
November 27th, 2007, 04:40 PM
The problem is.....this is not a FCS travesty.......it is a travesty but it is a conference problem not a divisional issue

touchdown
November 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
True!
Needed a catchy title to get some feedback!
But it might be the worst example of one since Jared Allens snub in 2003.

DetroitFlyer
November 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Get over it! Kevin Hoyng deserved the honor this season! No travesty, just recognition for one of the best QB's in all of FCS!

JJ is a Payton finalist for crying out loud.... You do not see me whining that Kevin was not even nominated....

So USD was the #2 team in the PFL this year, and JJ was the #2 QB in the PFL this year as voted by the coaches. Too bad, so sad! Kevin earned this honor and the whining of USD fans is 100% sour grapes!

GO KEVIN HOYNG and GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!!!xthumbsupx

andy7171
November 28th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Sadly for Azuza State, we are not going anywhere! :D

Fixed it for ya! :D

th0m
November 28th, 2007, 07:28 AM
How is this an FCS travesty? Sounds more like a PFL travesty.

bodoyle
November 28th, 2007, 07:44 AM
sorry but foster is gonna win the payton

Eventhough he didn't make the playoffs?

touchdown
November 29th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Sorry PFL Travesty! but Part of the FCS!

Here is a good one for you Dayton Fans, Check it out it is legit!

All-PFL QB Voting

Johnson-4
Hoyng-3 (USD Voted for Hoyng)
Alexander-1

Quote for conference office- We can"t have our off POY not be the first team QB, so we made him co-1st team QB.

My Question is then "We cant have our payton finalist not the off MVP.

WHY THE DOUBLE Standard! This is a Fact, NO BS!

lizrdgizrd
November 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM
xcoffeex

DetroitFlyer
November 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry PFL Travesty! but Part of the FCS!

Here is a good one for you Dayton Fans, Check it out it is legit!

All-PFL QB Voting

Johnson-4
Hoyng-3 (USD Voted for Hoyng)
Alexander-1

Quote for conference office- We can"t have our off POY not be the first team QB, so we made him co-1st team QB.

My Question is then "We cant have our payton finalist not the off MVP.

WHY THE DOUBLE Standard! This is a Fact, NO BS!

Interesting, but "fact" is probably too strong a word. For one, the PFL does not have a "league office", unless you count Patty Viverito's office. There is no PFL staff to the best of my knowledge. So, your information, ( my guess ), is from someone at USD. Something tells me that the "facts" were presented in a manner favorable to USD.... I'm betting that if you asked the folks at UD what the "league office" said, the "facts" might be spun a bit differently.

JJ is getting all of the recognition he deserves. I have a strange feeling that when he accepts his Payton trophy, and when he pays off his student loans with his large, NFL signing bonus, he is not going to give a rat's you know what that Kevin won PFL Offensive POY!

blueballs
November 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Interestingly enough, this is not unprecendented at all.

In 1999, GSU FB Adrian Peterson won the Payton Award but was NOT the Offensive POY in the SoCon. That award went to GSU QB Greg Hill, and not one person involved complained about it- certainly not AP or Hill, they were both deserving of their respective recognition and accolades.

touchdown
November 30th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Great point and i will leave this alone! All i am saying is kevin did win the vote by one for POY and Lost the QB vote by One!
Those are documented facts from the voting tally's.
Have who ever you want check it, it is as reliable of a fact as Bill callahan not being the HC at nebraska next year!
Posters please Have a great weekend and this one is over by me!
JJ good luck with the Payton,the NFL and whatever else comes your way, you are a class act !