PDA

View Full Version : Delaware-Lehigh Photos

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Had to start with this classic LU fan sitting in the NEZ. Anyone who dresses like this and bring a clarinet to an away game deserves to be made fun of.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Student section was in full force early on. Pre-game with team and students firing each other up.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:22 PM
A group of young LU fans came down to our end to try and yell at UD during their final drive, but they got completely drowned out by the Hens fans.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Omar's FOURTH TD of the game. He could have walked it in. I lucked out with all of the action for the Hens and OT right in front of me in the NEZ.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM
After UD celebrated at mid-field, a very classy thing by both teams... they shook hands. I think was the first time I've seen this after a regular season game.

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:30 PM
And for those of you who always wondered what Mrs. 89 looks like, this is her in 89, Jr.'s new hat. :p

bobcatfan06
September 11th, 2005, 08:31 PM
After UD celebrated at mid-field, a very classy thing by both teams... they shook hands. I think was the first time I've seen this after a regular season game.

Really?? I don't think I've ever seen it not happen here at Texas State. That's wierd though, you never see it and I always see it. Must be a Northern and Southern thing. :nod:

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Really?? I don't think I've ever seen it not happen here at Texas State. That's wierd though, you never see it and I always see it. Must be a Northern and Southern thing. :nod:
I see small groups of players do it, but not the entire team including coaches, trainers, etc...

Hansel
September 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Always see it here too, the East Coasters must not be very friendly :p

Tubby Raymond
September 11th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Always see it here too, the East Coasters must not be very friendly :p

When your players do it they are loooking for a date :eek:

89Hen
September 11th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Maybe I just never stay long enough? :p

blukeys
September 11th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Had to start with this classic LU fan sitting in the NEZ. Anyone who dresses like this and bring a clarinet to an away game deserves to be made fun of.

89 Is the individual in your picture a man or a woman. I know that Lehigh co-eds are ..... different but this person is truly a 2 bagger and barf material. I don't think there is enough alcohol in Bethlehem to get me to do her. How close did you have to sit to this monstrosity?

RadMann
September 11th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I think it happens most games 89Hen. Definitely happens in all high school games when I played and still today.

ngineer
September 11th, 2005, 09:56 PM
The post game handshake is always done in the Patriot League. However, I seem to recall that we have, if not always, pretty regularly shaken hands with UD in the past--not just some but whole team. I think it should be made mandatory for all conferences--helps to remind everyone, including those in the stands that, in the end, it was just a game.

HensRock
September 12th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Maybe I just never stay long enough? :p

I was going to say something earlier but held my tongue. Now that you have a legit excuse I can say it:

Unless the other team just runs off the field at the end of the game, UD always shakes hands at the end.

The one unique post-game ritual that I witnessed the Tub came in 2000 after the first round playoff game against Portland State. Now many of the Hen players that year began a custom of kneeling in the middle of the field and praying after the game. In this particular game, the PSU players were hanging around afterwards unsure of what to do until the Hens players waved them over. Then both teams took a knee and prayed in the center of the field. The Vikings were not off to one side either, but sprinkled in and amongst the Hens. A moving site indeed and a real epiphany for me.

89Hen
September 12th, 2005, 08:18 AM
89 Is the individual in your picture a man or a woman. I know that Lehigh co-eds are ..... different but this person is truly a 2 bagger and barf material. I don't think there is enough alcohol in Bethlehem to get me to do her. How close did you have to sit to this monstrosity?
I am against the rail in Z and she was on the isle in Y. BTW, love my new seats! I remember in the 80's having cheers of "guys and girls at Lehigh look alike".

ChickenMan
September 12th, 2005, 08:20 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=661&stc=1

Where's that no good... lyin... two timin Cap'n Cat??? I give him the best years of my life and he dumps me for some UNI tart... :D :p :D

89Hen
September 12th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I was going to say something earlier but held my tongue. Now that you have a legit excuse I can say it:

Unless the other team just runs off the field at the end of the game, UD always shakes hands at the end.
With the little ones, I'm usually trying to beat the crowd.

Blue Hen Nation
September 12th, 2005, 08:24 AM

Where's that no good... lyin... two timin Cap'n Cat??? I give him the best years of my life and he dumps me for some UNI tart... :D :p :D

LOL.....Hilarious!

LEHIGH61
September 12th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Not only that Lehigh lost, but that shaking hands at the end of the game being something new. The entire team shakes hands at the end of EVERY game at Goodman Stadium. And I thought that was a tradition everywhere. It's called sportsmanship!
There was ONE EXCEPTION. When Lehigh beat Hofstra in the 2001 playoff game. Hofstra disappeared in record time. Must be an A-10.
It's nice to see that Delaware is starting to understand sportsmanship.

ChickenMan
September 12th, 2005, 09:25 AM

and it's not surprising to see that the Mountain Squawks are still 'squawking'... :D

89Hen
September 12th, 2005, 09:41 AM
:cool: :boring:

foghorn
September 12th, 2005, 09:53 AM

:D That's the pigeon lady from 'Home Alone II'. I got her autograph! :rolleyes:

blukeys
September 12th, 2005, 10:52 AM
There was ONE EXCEPTION. When Lehigh beat Hofstra in the 2001 playoff game. Hofstra disappeared in record time. Must be an A-10.

Learn to read the entire thread. :spank: Hand shaking has been common at UD for years. :rolleyes: 89 is one of the early leavers from UD games so he hasn't seen it.

Yet another Lehigh fan who seizes on anything to take a shot at UD . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

89Hen
September 12th, 2005, 11:22 AM
89 is one of the early leavers from UD games
:o Damn, that was one moniker I didn't need. :p

RadMann
September 13th, 2005, 08:04 PM
The University of Pennsylvania student paper of all papers covered the UD - Lehigh game and had a write up comparing the UD program's fan support and UPenn's lack of such support in recent decades. Too bad UPenn does not get more support since they put a very decent team on the field most years.
------------------------------------------
Article about UD football from UPenn's newspaper the Daily Pennsylvanian:

These guys Are Crazy ... For I-AA Football
A football Mecca is just minutes away in Delaware

By jonathan tannenwald
September 13, 2005

NEWARK, Del. -- The distance between the Universities of Pennsylvania and Delaware is 40 miles, just under an hour's drive down Interstate 95 on a Saturday afternoon.

But that short distance belies a much larger gap in the schools' football cultures.

Yes, Penn football was once the biggest gridiron game in Philadelphia. These days, however, the Quakers struggle to gain even a slice of the attention paid to the Eagles. Unlike the sellout crowds of years gone by, fans at Franklin Field now rarely fill a third of the stadium's 52,000-seat capacity.

Like Penn, Delaware's football team has been around for over a century, and the Fightin' Blue Hens now compete at the Division I-AA level. Delaware does offer athletic scholarships and the football team is eligible for the playoffs, but the greater difference between the two programs can be found on the edge of Delaware's campus in Newark...........

The Daily Pennsylvanian (http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/13/43267a78de4b4#)

http://www.thebluehen.com/14/00066407.jpg

http://media.dailypennsylvanian.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/43267a78de4b4-67-1.jpg

http://media.dailypennsylvanian.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/43267a78de4b4-28-2.jpg

Hansel
September 13th, 2005, 08:30 PM

The one unique post-game ritual that I witnessed the Tub came in 2000 after the first round playoff game against Portland State. Now many of the Hen players that year began a custom of kneeling in the middle of the field and praying after the game. In this particular game, the PSU players were hanging around afterwards unsure of what to do until the Hens players waved them over. Then both teams took a knee and prayed in the center of the field. The Vikings were not off to one side either, but sprinkled in and amongst the Hens. A moving site indeed and a real epiphany for me.
NDSU and NW St had a group prayer after the game last week as well