PDA

View Full Version : Goldand Black and THE CitDog to attend Woffy vs Confederate Capitol U!

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
will be hard for Citdog to root against Richmond but SoCon roots are deep!

any other AGS'ers in the area in? Death Dealer? Catamount Man? OlFU? all Furmans? All The Citadel's?

OL FU
November 26th, 2007, 12:50 PM

any other AGS'ers in the area in? Death Dealer? Catamount Man? OlFU? all Furmans? All The Citadel's?

I have a better ideaxnodx You baby sit my daughter and I will go.....xeyebrowx .....xeyebrowx ......never mind, I don't want to go to the gamexeekx

Cleets
November 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I have a better ideaxnodx You baby sit my daughter and I will go.....xeyebrowx .....xeyebrowx ......never mind, I don't want to go to the gamexeekx

I WOULD NOT leave an unattended Citdog with you daughter... xlolx

OL FU
November 26th, 2007, 01:00 PM

Unattended or even attended, ain't happeningxnonono2x

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
good move!xnodx xnodx

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM

He will make her into a man before the end of the first half !!!

To me fellow Southern brothers, I will not be able to attend ( might not make the ASU game either) because my CO is having a cow and eating it too.... GO WOFFORD and GO APP!! may we meet in the next round...

GoldandBlack
November 26th, 2007, 02:49 PM
He will make her into a man before the end of the first half !!!

To me fellow Southern brothers, I will not be able to attend ( might not make the ASU game either) because my CO is having a cow and eating it too.... GO WOFFORD and GO APP!! may we meet in the next round...

Sorry you can't make it- here's to a rematch in Round 3!xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Sorry you can't make it- here's to a rematch in Round 3!xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

You wouldn't be able to give me a little App State helmet on that avatar would ya? Since I helped with the Montana game last week....... :)

OL FU
November 26th, 2007, 02:54 PM
You wouldn't be able to give me a little App State helmet on that avatar would ya? Since I helped with the Montana game last week....... :)

What position did you playxconfusedx xsmiley_wix

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
What position did you playxconfusedx xsmiley_wix

LEFT OUT

GoldandBlack
November 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Hey, I'm superstitious- don't want to change a thing from last week!

'Fraid to mess with the mojo.:o

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
LEFT OUT

Your momma wasn't left out LAST ______ .......you fill in the blank :D

citdog
November 26th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Your momma wasn't left out LAST ______ .......you fill in the blank :D

Yom Kippur?xsmiley_wix

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Yom Kippur?xsmiley_wix

Hahaha very witty......

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hey, I'm superstitious- don't want to change a thing from last week!

'Fraid to mess with the mojo.:o

I know the feeling that is why mine will remain the same this week xnodx

walliver
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Haven't those Richmond people spent a lot of time hanging out with yankees?

Beating most of them fortunately.xnodx

GoldandBlack
November 26th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Haven't those Richmond people spent a lot of time hanging out with yankees?

Beating most of them fortunately.xnodx

They're the Confederate Secret Service?:D

DTSpider
November 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM

Doesn't UR still have more years in the SoCon than Wofford?

terrierbob
November 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Doesn't UR still have more years in the SoCon than Wofford?

Prolly. Why did you leave?

blukeys
November 26th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Unattended or even attended, ain't happeningxnonono2x

Might be a good object lesson for the young lady in "What not to look for in a male"xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2007, 11:28 PM

dick. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Eyes of Old Main
November 27th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Prolly. Why did you leave?

Just like VMI, thought they'd fare better against lesser competition.

catdaddy2402
November 27th, 2007, 02:49 AM
I'm trying to get things worked out to where I can come up to Sparklecity for the game. Haven't been to a Wofford game since they moved up.

Right now it's not looking great...but there's still hope.

citdog
November 27th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Just like VMI, thought they'd fare better against lesser competition.

DEAD WRONG! Confederate Capitol University and Wliiliam and /mary left the Southern Conference when the sub par academic schools WCU, App St, and Marshall were admitted.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM
DEAD WRONG! Confederate Capitol University and Wliiliam and /mary left the Southern Conference when the sub par academic schools WCU, App St, and Marshall were admitted.

W&M left the SoCon after the 1976 season. App St. was in that year, but we never played the others in conference, and have never played WCU at all. Played The Citadel for two more years, but didn't meet again til a home-and-home in '90 and '91. The Tribe sought affiliation for basketball and other sports with Navy, American and some others, and went through a string of conferences that culminated in the CAA. We played as an independent in football until joining the Yankee in 1993.

CID1990
November 27th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Richmond, W&M and JMU belong in the SoCon. Like I've been saying all along.

PaladinFan
November 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Would love to come, too far this week though. Watched FU play UR a few years back in the playoffs, great program. That game had the nastiest hit I've ever seen in college football.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Richmond, W&M and JMU belong in the SoCon. Like I've been saying all along.

Sorry but JMU, ODU, VCU, Delaware, GMU and Towson are now rivals. Hofstra and Northeastern for all sports, and Richmond and Villanova for football. We're set.

You guys should pick off Georgia State, who nobody in the CAA relates to.

citdog
November 27th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Anyone else from SC or NC coming?

Appaholic
November 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM

At which time the Southern Conference became a respectable academic and ATHLETIC conference......prior to that, the conference was populated with trust fund kids and dainty bellhops.....

Accuracy is fun! xthumbsupx

CID1990
November 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM

I wish I could, but I have inescapable plans for Saturday and Sunday.

Come to think of it, it was really dumb of me to fill up my Saturday so far in advance considering the fact that El Cid was one Jayson Foster sprint away from a share of the SoCon title and a playoff bid.

That being said, GO WOFFORD!

Biff
November 27th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I wish I could, but I have inescapable plans for Saturday and Sunday.

Come to think of it, it was really dumb of me to fill up my Saturday so far in advance considering the fact that El Cid was one Jayson Foster sprint away from a share of the SoCon title and a playoff bid.

That being said, GO WOFFORD!

If that Jayson Foster run had not happened, I think your plans would have been changed. Only because I would have rescheduled the party.

State Line Liquors
November 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Look out for Wofford to have no fans of their own at the game...Prediction, Spiders by 2 scores and the Socon fans that have no team to root for leaving and trying to find another Socon team to pipe off about next week.

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Going to the ASU game or I would drive up and brave the game with you and ole OL FU....

State Line Liquors
November 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Look out for Wofford to have no fans of their own at the game...Prediction, Spiders by 2 scores and the Socon fans that have no team to root for leaving and trying to find another Socon team to pipe off about next week.

...but hugging and exchanging phone numbers before they leave for their cars

catamount man
November 27th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I have a prior engagement, but will see you all at Bailey's on 12/14/2007 at 18:30 hours.

Go Wofford and ASU this weekend!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

thmst30
November 27th, 2007, 10:52 PM

Yes isn't it so terrible how we support our own conference.xrolleyesx

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 07:56 AM

i have at least 15 AGS'ers phone #'s and am secure enough in my manhood to hug any goddamn person i feel like. These AGS'ers are my friends, and i don't have many.

OL FU
November 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
i have at least 15 AGS'ers phone #'s and am secure enough in my manhood to hug any goddamn person i feel like. These AGS'ers are my friends, and i don't have many.

xsmoochx xeyebrowx :o

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

MarkCCU
November 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM

Did you steal my number from Cleets?

erobinson32
November 28th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I'll be there. Staring the tailgate @ noon.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'll be there. Staring the tailgate @ noon.

save me a beer! xthumbsupx

CID1990
November 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Alexale, is that you?

Wofford by 10. Take it to the bank.

GoldandBlack
November 28th, 2007, 10:01 AM

conference envy..............xnodx

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I think you need to add a little CO to that 2007 SoCon Football Champs in your sig..........xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Yeah I am part of the Sig Police now.

terrierbob
November 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Where are you guys going to be?

terrierbob
November 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Checking out my new hybrid avatar.

terrierbob
November 28th, 2007, 12:18 PM
checking signature

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Where are you guys going to be?

I don't know! will find out!

walliver
November 28th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I think you need to add a little CO to that 2007 SoCon Football Champs in your sig..........xthumbsupx xthumbsupx Yeah I am part of the Sig Police now.

When Furman changes their list of conference champions painted on their field house to reflect all their "co-championships", we will think about it.:D

Actually, the SoCon does not recognize "co-champions". Conference policy is that if there is a tie, both teams are recognized as "Champions" (Unlike the little south.)

GoldandBlack
November 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Hey, your rings say "Champions" and so do ours- you're more than welcome to put 2007 SoCon Football Champions in your signature, too.xnodx xpeacex

OL FU
November 28th, 2007, 03:24 PM
When Furman changes their list of conference champions painted on their field house to reflect all their "co-championships", we will think about it.:D

Actually, the SoCon does not recognize "co-champions". Conference policy is that if there is a tie, both teams are recognized as "Champions" (Unlike the little south.)

I don't ever remember being a co-championxsmiley_wix

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM

WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY WON TWO YOU'LL TAKE 'EM ANY WAY YOU CAN GET 'EM!xnodx

OL FU
November 28th, 2007, 04:24 PM
WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY WON TWO YOU'LL TAKE 'EM ANY WAY YOU CAN GET 'EM!xnodx

Let's remind every one that you are speaking of THE Citadel.xnodx

We have 13, 14 I can't remember:p

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Let's remind every one that you are speaking of THE Citadel.xnodx

We have 13, 14 I can't remember:p

yes we are. you can take your 13 or 14 and cram them directly up your fat

i'll save that for game week next season. i can't smack my friend OlFu any other week.xrulesx

GoldandBlack
November 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM

You're right, since both teams are Champions, but I can help with the titles you SHARED- xsmiley_wix :p

1978- Furman and Chattanooga
1988- Furman and Marshall (sorry to write the name- it's in the records)
1999- Furman, App State and Georgia Southern
2001- Furman and Ga. Southern
2004- Furman and Ga. Southern

And, OK, seven titles by yourselves, to boot.xthumbsupx

OL FU
November 29th, 2007, 05:54 AM
You're right, since both teams are Champions, but I can help with the titles you SHARED- xsmiley_wix :p

1978- Furman and Chattanooga
1988- Furman and Marshall (sorry to write the name- it's in the records)
1999- Furman, App State and Georgia Southern
2001- Furman and Ga. Southern
2004- Furman and Ga. Southern

And, OK, seven titles by yourselves, to boot.xthumbsupx

The only thing we ever shared with Marshall was extreme hatredxnodx

Green Bastardsxmadx

Mountaineer#96
November 29th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hey, your rings say "Champions" and so do ours- you're more than welcome to put 2007 SoCon Football Champions in your signature, too.xnodx xpeacex

I never got a ring for our SoCon championship, that year we won it all so I guess they were being cheap and only got us the one. :(

ashram
November 29th, 2007, 08:42 AM
So if you go to a game and you're a fan of a school other than the two on the field, what kind of team colors do you wear? Maybe I'll make a "welcome back to the SoCon" shirt.

citdog
November 29th, 2007, 08:43 AM
So if you go to a game and you're a fan of a school other than the two on the field, what kind of team colors do you wear? Maybe I'll make a "welcome back to the SoCon" shirt.

my cover will have a dog on it, just not of the ankle biting varietyxrulesx

AppGirl
November 29th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Black and Gold works. xsmiley_wix
I'd probably even wear purple for Furman, but I don't know if I could convince my hubby and sons to do that.

citdog
November 29th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I'd probably even wear purple for Furman

don't lower yourself to that levelxnonox xnonox

phillyAPP
November 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM
don't lower yourself to that levelxnonox xnonox

Wear all the purple you want. I started the "WE LOVE PURPLE " last week at the game.

APP has the best LUCK when we play purple teams.

Purple has beeeen, berry, berry gooood to uus!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Black and Gold works. xsmiley_wix
I'd probably even wear purple for Furman, but I don't know if I could convince my hubby and sons to do that.

Couldn't do the purple, myself- none of that color in my wardrobe, and I won't be adding any of that shade, either.xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

OL FU
November 29th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Couldn't do the purple, myself- none of that color in my wardrobe, and I won't be adding any of that shade, either.xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

The color of royalty does not belong on everyonexrotatehx

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM
The color of royalty does not belong on everyonexrotatehx

So true- it clashes with the SoCon Championship colors.:D xpeacex

OL FU
November 29th, 2007, 12:01 PM
So true- it clashes with the SoCon Championship colors.:D xpeacex

You have had your year:p

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 12:22 PM

To quote Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind":

"Fiddle dee dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow."

OL FU
November 29th, 2007, 04:53 PM
To quote Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the Wind":

"Fiddle dee dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow."

Yes,a brilliant philosopherxnodx xthumbsupx or is that philosophaxrolleyesx or philosophetxrolleyesx xrolleyesx

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yes,a brilliant philosopherxnodx xthumbsupx or is that philosophaxrolleyesx or philosophetxrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Philosophem?xcoolx

ERASU2113
November 29th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Yea they may have had their year.......

but we've had three :D

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yea they may have had their year.......

but we've had three :D

And for the fun of it-xcoffeex

the record is six straight SoCon Championships by GSU from 1997-2002, two of which were shared- one with Furman and one with ASU and Furman (3-way).

the record without sharing a title is four straight, and it belongs to Furman from 1980-1984 and West Virginia from 1953-1956.

Just one more after this year, and ASU can tie Furman and West Virginia for that honor.

citdog
November 29th, 2007, 05:50 PM
GoldandBlack brought my ticket to the game by my office today! i would post the seat number but am afraid of being mobbed like The Beatles by CCUCHEER, Purpforlife, BisonBabe, CSUGIRL, AppGirl and the rest of the female posters. I am only one man and i'm not cuban

GoldandBlack
November 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
GoldandBlack brought my ticket to the game by my office today! i would post the seat number but am afraid of being mobbed like The Beatles by CCUCHEER, Purpforlife, BisonBabe, CSUGIRL, AppGirl and the rest of the female posters. I am only one man and i'm not cuban

xrolleyesx

phillyAPP
November 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM

Hey CitDog, I am the real southern (revoluntionary) and I am Cuban. You need me to protect you or handle your overflow. OH *****, I forgot I married to the prettiest APP girl ever made. SO i guess i can just keep them in line for you.xsmiley_wix

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 08:10 AM
Last Call for AGS'ERS TO SOUND OFF IF THEY ARE COMING TO WOFFORD VS CONFEDERATE CAPITOL UNIVERSITY?

FurmanPaladins4138
December 1st, 2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I'm in Greenville but I can't make the drive today...

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM
Death Dealer?

furman94
December 1st, 2007, 01:23 PM
What time does it satrt?

GoldandBlack
December 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM
What time does it satrt?

7PM-

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Anyone have a radio link?

T-Dog
December 1st, 2007, 05:23 PM
Anyone have a radio link?

You could just go to espn360.com and download the software and watch it.

AppState09
December 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
does anyone know if this game is being televised in boone?

dungeonjoe
December 2nd, 2007, 03:44 AM
So after I watch a little of the SC State band play last night at half time (they were great, by the way), I head to the restroom. On my way, I see this guy with a The Citadel baseball cap on (actually the second one I saw on the evening)...so I say "Citdog?" ...it sounded like a password to obtain military secrets.

It was none other than AGS' well-mannered, flaming Confederate, the Citdog. Although I wondered 'cause he said he just ate a BBQ sandwich:) . Anyway, after some good conversation, we are joined by none other than Mr. C! I get caught up on my FCS scores that I didn't get on the way to Spartanburg. We are having a great time talking about the game, the playoffs, and post game plans. (I just hope Citdog didn't try to use his confederate money).

It isn't long until Gold and Black makes the scene (guess he enjoyed the band in its entirety). We all talk until the the 3rd quarter starts.

I enjoyed meeting some FCS friends last night, and I look forward to other meeting other AGS folks.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
December 2nd, 2007, 04:19 AM
Missed it. Hopefully see you all in Chatty.

citdog
December 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
I really enjoyed my visit to Wofford and to Gibbs Stadium. I knew I was in for a good time when as I was in line to get my ticket taken a 12 year old boy called me a "Fricking Bellhop"!xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx Gold andBlack and his friends, who he must convince to post here, were very genteel hosts and not even the outcome of the game could dampen their Terrier Pride.

The scenery, and I aint talking about no trees, was also very impressive. xrulesx

Dungeon Joe did his best to make me a Methodist, but I was able to resist.xrotatehx

Mr. C is as fine of a gentleman as you can ever hope to meet.

OL FU
December 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
So after I watch a little of the SC State band play last night at half time (they were great, by the way), I head to the restroom. On my way, I see this guy with a The Citadel baseball cap on (actually the second one I saw on the evening)...so I say "Citdog?" ...it sounded like a password to obtain military secrets.

It was none other than AGS' well-mannered, flaming Confederate, the Citdog. Although I wondered 'cause he said he just ate a BBQ sandwich:) . Anyway, after some good conversation, we are joined by none other than Mr. C! I get caught up on my FCS scores that I didn't get on the way to Spartanburg. We are having a great time talking about the game, the playoffs, and post game plans. (I just hope Citdog didn't try to use his confederate money).

It isn't long until Gold and Black makes the scene (guess he enjoyed the band in its entirety). We all talk until the the 3rd quarter starts.

I enjoyed meeting some FCS friends last night, and I look forward to other meeting other AGS folks.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

xeyebrowx Joe did you drink before the gamexeyebrowx

I can't imagine tolerating the citdog without at least 5 or 6 adult beverages before handxlolx

citdog
December 3rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
xeyebrowx Joe did you drink before the gamexeyebrowx

I can't imagine tolerating the citdog without at least 5 or 6 adult beverages before handxlolx

OLFU gives sage advice. i am best tolerated when drunk.xrulesx

Biff
December 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM

I don't have any idea what your talking about. I had no problems. xthumbsupx

citdog
December 3rd, 2007, 11:22 AM

xprost2x xbeerchugx xprost2x xbeerchugx

THE CITDOG HAS A FRIEND!

that makes 3!xrotatehx

OL FU
December 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM

Yeah but was citdog drunkxrolleyesx and if you say no I will know that you are a liarxlolx

OL FU
December 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
xprost2x xbeerchugx xprost2x xbeerchugx

THE CITDOG HAS A FRIEND!

that makes 3!xrotatehx

After three, everyone else is just and acquantanexnodx

GoldandBlack
December 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM

Is that when YOU'RE drunk, or I'M drunk?xsmiley_wix

T-Dog
December 3rd, 2007, 12:32 PM

Each works out fine. But it's best when your BOTH drunk.

citdog
December 3rd, 2007, 12:32 PM

When in Rome.....

xnodx xrulesx

GoldandBlack
December 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
It was a pleasure having CitDog in the friendly confines of Gibbs Stadium at Wofford Saturday night- he only received minor ribbing from the fans around us during the game.
I did see his jaw hit the concrete a couple of times as some of our lovely coeds walked by.
http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif

It was also a pleasure to meet DungeonJoe and Mr. C- it's nice to put faces to these veteran AGSers.xthumbsupx

Thanks to those from the SoCon brotherhood who supported us in the game. I wish we could have carried it to the next level.