PDA

View Full Version : Santos after the UNI game

Engy0
November 26th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I was just wondering if any UNH fans know how he took the loss on saturday. I feel bad for the guy because he is probably one of the best quarterbacks ever to play FCS football and everyone knows it. He seemed to be a good guy and he even was messing with the UNI students when the gates opened and he wasn't in his pads. Overall he seemed to be one of the nicest visiting star players to enter the dome and I was just curious how he took the last :12

p.s. I think UNH should have won that game and after seeing the replay of Montari Leonards catch you were within 1 inch about 4 times in the end zone.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I was just wondering if any UNH fans know how he took the loss on saturday. I feel bad for the guy because he is probably one of the best quarterbacks ever to play FCS football and everyone knows it. He seemed to be a good guy and he even was messing with the UNI students when the gates opened and he wasn't in his pads. Overall he seemed to be one of the nicest visiting star players to enter the dome and I was just curious how he took the last :12

p.s. I think UNH should have won that game and after seeing the replay of Montari Leonards catch you were within 1 inch about 4 times in the end zone.

Here is a link to an article in Portsmouth, NH paper
http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/SPORTS/711260309
Santos quote at the bottom

I wasn't at the game but heard it on the Internet. I have watched almost all of Santos' career games live and know his parents and the type of kid he is. I'm sure he was crushed by the loss because he is a great competitor, but he is also a well grounded, level headed kid who will bounce back and hopefully have a real shot at pro football somewhere. Ricky is all about team and winning; that he has great stats is secondary to him, believe me.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way!

Engy0
November 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Here is a link to an article in Portsmouth, NH paper
http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/SPORTS/711260309
Santos quote at the bottom

I wasn't at the game but heard it on the Internet. I have watched almost all of Santos' career games live and know his parents and the type of kid he is. I'm sure he was crushed by the loss because he is a great competitor, but he is also a well grounded, level headed kid who will bounce back and hopefully have a real shot at pro football somewhere. Ricky is all about team and winning; that he has great stats is secondary to him, believe me.

Good luck to your team the rest of the way!

I kind of figured it would be hard to swallow and it was hard as a UNI fan to see such a good player go out like that. Being a fan of good football the game was great and I would have kept that same view on the game win or lose. Thank you and good luck next season we hope to see again in the playoffs xthumbsupx

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, he's a great QB. I hope to see him on Sunday's.

unicat87
November 27th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Santos was genuinely congratulating UNI people after the game. I was quite impressed with his class act. I'm very happy having Eric Sanders on our team. -unicat87

Cobblestone
November 27th, 2007, 07:49 AM
I'm sure he felt badly losing a close game in the last seconds of his college career. In fact it may stay with him for a little while. However, when he hears his name called on draft day I'm sure he'll quickly get over it.

igo4uni
November 27th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Boy, he was a good QB. A real leader on that team. Glad to hear that he's a good person as well!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bodoyle
November 27th, 2007, 08:10 AM
For the love of God, let my Bears draft him. We need a frigging QB. Anyone is better then Grossbomb!

Kill'em
November 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM
This guy needs a shot at the NFL. He has been too good a QB to not get one. He did it against FCS and FBS competition.

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 08:18 AM

other than Erik Meyer:)

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM
For the love of God, let my Bears draft him. We need a frigging QB. Anyone is better then Grossbomb!
well if the Bears cant get a good QB then maybe get a WR who makes crazy catches who could make a bad QB look good.......oh wait...... :p

bodoyle
November 27th, 2007, 08:51 AM
well if the Bears cant get a good QB then maybe get a WR who makes crazy catches who could make a bad QB look good.......oh wait...... :p

Yea, I would love for my Bears to draft Jerome Simpson! xlolx xnodx

No, seriously I would! :)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Watching many of the players go to the bus after the game, Ricky appeared to be taking it better than his teammates. I have a feeling though that all the press conferences over the years have probably prepared him better to deal with his emotions than his teammates. Knowing what a competitor he is, I'm sure his insides were churning.

I'm an old fart alum and I know I felt like my heart got ripped out. xnodx xlolx :p

93BlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Well, indications are that my Eagles will be dealing Chicago-native Donny McNabb to da Bearz this offseason. I have no problems with that. Time for some new blood in Philly.

bodoyle
November 27th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Well, indications are that my Eagles will be dealing Chicago-native Donny McNabb to da Bearz this offseason. I have no problems with that. Time for some new blood in Philly.

I have heard the same thing. That would be fine with me as well. Hell a dead corpse would be better than what we have now. xnonono2x

DOME
November 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM

I'd rather just put Hester under center xsmiley_wix

bodoyle
November 27th, 2007, 03:23 PM
I'd rather just put Hester under center xsmiley_wix

ga southern does it. eventhough foster is no hester, same type of thing.