PDA

View Full Version : CAA major recruits

Hoyadestroya85
November 26th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone.. first time poster,

First Time Poster, long time reader

I just wanted to know if anyone had information of any big time sleepers/ IA steals either headed to the CAA or considering it?

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I just got info on two Nova Recruits of a fairly significant caliber that have verbally committed to Nova

Travis Poston 6'6 310 pound OT from PA
Norman White 6'5 190 pound Receiver from NJ
Both are 2 stars according to rivals.

KAUMASS
December 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
UMass Football Blog is a great source for our recruits:

http://umass74.blogspot.com

BTY, Villanova is stacked for next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the CAA South. They will give West Virginia one heck of a game and could pull the upset. Good luck next year.

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Thank god we don't have to play UMass next year..
but i hope we can give west virginia a game.. at least in the first quarter..

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Tribe has commitments from a pair of two-stars.

Nolan Kearney, 6'4" 231 QB from Downingtown West (PA)
Chris Johnson, 6'4" 220 DE from Tallwood (Va Beach)

Johnson had offers from Army, Navy, Duke, Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois. Kearney had been asked to wait by Penn State pending Terrelle Prior's decision.

Col Hogan
December 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Tribe has commitments from a pair of two-stars.

Nolan Kearney, 6'4" 231 QB from Downingtown West (PA)
Chris Johnson, 6'4" 220 DE from Tallwood (Va Beach)

Johnson had offers from Army, Navy, Duke, Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois. Kearney had been asked to wait by Penn State pending Terrelle Prior's decision.

That's a good sized QB...if he has the talent, the Tribe has a good one there...

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM
That's a good sized QB...if he has the talent, the Tribe has a good one there...

He's a lefty, with strong numbers, and surprising mobility. Rated #52 QB in the country by Scouts.com.

Congrats on 3,000 posts!xthumbsupx

RadMann
December 15th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I recall that JMU won the recruiting competition for a very good HS QB between their program, ASU and a few others. Don't have a link though.

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2007, 10:23 AM
I recall that JMU won the recruiting competition for a very good HS QB between their program, ASU and a few others. Don't have a link though.

That is Justin Thorpe from Varina, VA. Most recruited him as an athlete, but JMU and ASU promised him a shot at QB. Won't surprise me if he ends up at another position for the Dukes. He's reminiscent of a Richmond area QB the Tribe brought in during the 90s who ended up at safety. His name was Darren Sharper.

mainejeff
December 15th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Maine doesn't have any recruits.........Jack Cosgrove is too busy trying to get that coveted URI job.........xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Hoyadestroya85
December 15th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Nolan Kearney was interested in Villanova.. I'm shocked that they didn't give him an offer considering that now we're only 2 deep at QB...

rfeng
December 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Maine doesn't have any recruits.........Jack Cosgrove is too busy trying to get that coveted URI job.........xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx Have to agree with you. I wouldn't consider the URI job coveted. Of course that depends on how large of a recruiting budget and coaches discretionary fund the coach will get.