PDA

View Full Version : EWU...a lil' help for my friends

asu3peat
November 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I know how expensive it is to travel to watch your team play, a la trip to Michigan, so I will help out a few eagle fans who plan on making the trip. I live in Charlotte, probably the airport where you will fly into. I'm willing to bus 3 or four fans up in my car Friday evening on my way up the mountain for those of you interested. I will be returning Sunday afternoon. I'm willing to make arrangements to accomodate some eagle fans should they be interested in making the trip. I would offer you a place to stay, but I'll have to see if it's ok with my friends with whom I stay. If not, I will be willing to drop you off and pick you up at your hotel. Hopefully this will help to alleviate some of the costs (ie car rental/gas and possible room and board) and make if more affordable for the eagles. The fans I hang out with range b/t the ages of 22 and 32 and love to party, so take that into consideration if you plan on tailgating with us. I hope to see you guys make the trip across country to support your team. Good luck and safe travels.

mtoliver
November 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I posted this in another thread.. i'll put it here too, just in case...

if any eagle fans need a hotel and/or a place to drink a brew on friday night, I work at the Country Inn and Suites in Boone and we still have availability (828)264-4100. Pm me if interested.. We'll be playin some pool and takin' it easy fri. night. I will also be at the tailgate.. and welcome all who make the trip to come by..

asu3peat
November 26th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Sorry I didn't see your post in another thread or I would have placed this one there as well. I'm just trying to offer a ride and possible room for fans making the trek east. The holidays are just around the corner, so I know people's wallets are already thin enough.

mtoliver
November 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
it's cool.. i just stuck it here too, in case more than you could accomodate were interested... i already have respect for any EWU fan that makes the trek... GO APP!!! xthumbsupx

mtoliver
November 26th, 2007, 09:13 AM
and amen on the thin wallets and shot nerves this holiday season...

tralfangar
November 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM
you'd probably want this bumped...so here it is. *bump*

HiHiYikas
November 26th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I would have made a similar kind of offer to a few Wofford fans if the Wofford-Richmond game were here in Richmond, but...

Congrats to the Terriers for bidding enough to get a 2nd-round home-game. You guys deserve a "homecoming" of sorts after a victorious trip to Missoula.

DuckDuckGriz
November 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Too many good vibes and love in the air. Makes me sick.

Peems
November 26th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Too many good vibes and love in the air. Makes me sick.

AMEN. ASU SUCKS:p;)

Appstate29
November 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM
bump

ursus arctos horribilis
November 26th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Man Peems, if you're gonna support a conference mate by putting their helmet up for your avatar you can't be cashing these kinda checks on their account....wait a minute this may be sheer brilliance. I'll have to mull this over.

BarefootApp
November 26th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Well, then, Peems....let em eat cake!! Since Michigan coughed up $400K to get their butts kicked, we try to take the sting out of travel expenses for our buds in FCS. BTW, props to the NCAA for not even bothering to recognize a national champion at the fBs "highest level". Go ASU!

Appstate29
November 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
bump

AppGirl
November 27th, 2007, 07:43 AM
bump

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 08:22 AM
damn, you guys are awesome, what time would you be heading back down to the city? I got a party of two arriving in the morning friday (9am ish) and need to head back to the city sunday morning. i got a rental car, only like 85 bucks for the three days, but it might be more fun to ride with you guys;)

Appaholic
November 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM

Don't you guys have a party to go to......in Crapsville bar? This thread is only for people still in playoffs. :p

asu3peat
November 27th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Edubs, I can head back down the mountain anytime sunday morning, preferably not before 10am. Unfortunately my friend has a full house or I could have given you guys a place to lay your heads for the night. Hell it might be more fun to head back after the game and make a stop by Sparklecity (1 hour 15 minutes from Charlotte) to watch the Terriers and Spiders get after it!!!

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Edubs, I can head back down the mountain anytime sunday morning, preferably not before 10am. Unfortunately my friend has a full house or I could have given you guys a place to lay your heads for the night. Hell it might be more fun to head back after the game and make a stop by Sparklecity (1 hour 15 minutes from Charlotte) to watch the Terriers and Spiders get after it!!!

Probably just roll ourselves, if i'm going to fly all the way out there, figured i better see a little of charlotte sunday morning before heading back. I sure do apprciate the offer though!

After the EWU victory, my number 1 priority is finding a place to watch the Civil war (Oregon Ducks vs my Oregon State Beavers).

BarefootApp
November 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
uh, if you like civil wars, stay awhile in ol NC....we fought in the real one.

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 07:19 PM
except unlike north carolina....Oregon State will win theirs:D