PDA

View Full Version : Based on the first couple of games...

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 07:33 PM
...who wins the Big Sky this year? Any predictions? Will we have a co-champ?

Paul

ngineer
September 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
...who wins the Big Sky this year? Any predictions? Will we have a co-champ?

Paul

You might even have a menage a trois! :D

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
So...

1. Montana
2. Montana State
3. NAU/Eastern Washington?

Paul

JALMOND
September 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM
My guess (and this is only a guess right now)

1. Montana State---great showing against Okla St followed by an awesome performance against SFA. They must be considered the leader right now.

2. Idaho State---good showing in Lexington against a Kentucky team that looked impressive against Top 25 Louisville. I've got to give them second right now.

3. Portland State---OK call me a homer but a good performance against Oregon State and a win on the road against Davis. I'd give them the edge over Montana.

4. Montana---Similar to what PSU has done, good showing against the Ducks and a blowout to DII. I gave the edge to PSU due to a win over 1-AA on the road vs. a win over DII at home.

5. N Arizona---Good showing against Arizona, another Pac-10 team.

6. E Washington---Eagles looked average over San Jose St, a team that I would say is on the border between Division 1 and 1-AA. SJSU reverted back to form this weekend, causing me to bring the Eagles down.

7. Weber---So-so against Fresno and a strong win against a lesser known opponent.

8. Sac St---Sorry, Hornets, but looking terrible.

I might be overrating Kentucky and underrating SJSU but it seemed Idaho State played better against the Wildcats than EWU did against the Spartans. Most people (myself included) were looking for EWU to pull the "upset", whereas most people (again, myself included) didn't think ISU could stay with Kentucky. I also have PSU, NAU and Montana really close. The deciding factor for me was where the Pac-10 opponents have finished and a guesstimation on my part as to where they would finish this year. All in all, I don't think anyone could argue with Sac St in eighth, but the other seven, I'd say flip a coin.

SeattleGriz
September 11th, 2005, 09:13 PM
The Big Sky will be determined when EWU comes to Missoula. Winner takes all.

Lumberjacks76
September 11th, 2005, 10:43 PM
NAU gets Eastern Washington and Montana in Flagstaff. That could make the Big Sky Conference very interesting! :D

Paul

IaaScribe
September 11th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Not really, Paul, since Montana will put its usual 59-14 woodshed job on the Jacks at the dome. Learn it.

Lumberjacks76
September 12th, 2005, 12:26 AM
NAU is due to break that string any day now. The Griz can't defeat us every year.

Paul

CatFan22
September 12th, 2005, 12:58 AM
1. Montana State

2. Eastern Washington

3. Montana

4. Northern Arizona

5. Portland State

6. Idaho State

7. Weber State

8. Sacramento State

Tailbone
September 12th, 2005, 01:18 AM
NAU is due to break that string any day now. The Griz can't defeat us every year.

Paul

That's what the Bobcats said for 16 years.

CatFan22
September 12th, 2005, 01:32 AM
That's what the Bobcats said for 16 years.

And it happened didn't it.

FlyBoy8
September 12th, 2005, 01:37 AM
A little too early for these kinds of predictions since quite a few teams have yet to play a conference game. In a number of cases, teams have yet to play a I-AA opponent.

Give it one more week, then let the predictions/rankings come out in full force!

89Hen
September 12th, 2005, 08:34 AM
2. Idaho State---good showing in Lexington against a Kentucky team that looked impressive against Top 25 Louisville. I've got to give them second right now.
:eek: :confused: