PDA

View Full Version : JMU Faked Field Goal on Sportscenter Top 10

JMU_Fan_2007
November 25th, 2007, 08:29 AM
JMU's faked field goal was just shown as the number 3 play of the day. Go Dukes! To bad they couldn't win the game... A play from UMASS vs. Fordham was also on the list.

ESPN has done a good job covering FCS this weekend.

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I don't suppose it is on the net somewhere it is?

thmst30
November 25th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Nice! But UNI's game winning TD with 7 seconds to go was a bigger deal than both those plays. Glad to see the FCS getting top 10 recognition, but at least put the biggest play of the day in there.

back2back
November 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Any footage (You Tube) of the streaker getting smashed to the turf of Kidd Brewer by the guy who helps Charlie Cobb? Isn't he the Justice that played LB at UNC (I think he wore #53) and his brother plays center at Wake. By the way that was the best tackle ASU had until the last 5 minutes of the game.

furman94
November 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
What!? Didnt hear about this!

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Screw you guys for that play. Just kidding, I could not believe it when I saw it. Something about purple and gold teams pulling off those trick plays (see LSU). Luckily, the place kicker met the upright. Whew!

feb18blacksunday
November 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Any footage (You Tube) of the streaker getting smashed to the turf of Kidd Brewer by the guy who helps Charlie Cobb? Isn't he the Justice that played LB at UNC (I think he wore #53) and his brother plays center at Wake. By the way that was the best tackle ASU had until the last 5 minutes of the game.

Yeah that was him. Great hit. I thought he was goin up in the stands to toss out a few of the drunks too. Students need to ease up on the alcohol.

KiddBrewer
November 25th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah that was him. Great hit. I thought he was goin up in the stands to toss out a few of the drunks too. Students need to ease up on the alcohol.

ha i was standing right there at them when he was talkin to people in the crowd, couldnt really hear what was said exactly, but i think somebody was talking junk sayin they would tackle him harder or somethin

GGASU
November 26th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I love this play.....but why is it legal in college football?

The holder of a field goal is the only player allowed to touch the ball with his knee down. If the play is a obvious fake field goal then he really shouldn't be considered a holder, but a normal player.

I know I am being picky, but I questioned that the first time I saw it with LSU.

Still Great Play and well executed.

asu7
November 26th, 2007, 09:14 AM
ya our south endzone still bit them in the butt tho lol ... see the pat attempt :) ... I love that endzone ... probably a little more than our purple friends from gville tho :)

mtoliver
November 26th, 2007, 09:21 AM

Agreed... one of my friends was right beside the guy before he went over... my friend said he was screwed from the start as the univ. police were already on cell phones coordinating the tackle... They warned him, but of course that couldn't stop a drunk at a noon game in Boone.

Apparently he made one or two guys miss and got all the way past midfield through the band and to the track at the east stands before being de-cleated by security.

i'm not a big fan of the streakers... but at least this took off at half time instead of mid-game. xcoffeex

gvilleapp
November 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
I love this play.....but why is it legal in college football?

The holder of a field goal is the only player allowed to touch the ball with his knee down. If the play is a obvious fake field goal then he really shouldn't be considered a holder, but a normal player.

I know I am being picky, but I questioned that the first time I saw it with LSU.

Still Great Play and well executed.

FYI, the rule in high school football is different and the holder has to raise up of his knee before pitching the ball, otherwise he is considered down and the play is over.