PDA

View Full Version : UNI-Delaware get together in Cedar Falls

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Who's in? This week we had one UNH fan get together on Friday night. Can Delaware get two?

Let me know who's coming and who's in. If we can get a good crowd I'll get us a room somewhere to meet up.

Ud1Hens
November 25th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Who's in? This week we had one UNH fan get together on Friday night. Can Delaware get two?

Let me know who's coming and who's in. If we can get a good crowd I'll get us a room somewhere to meet up.

3 or 4 UD students are flying in on Friday afternoon and staying in Waterloo. We are pretty diehard fans and haven't missed a game all year...getting to Iowa was a tad more expensive though. We'd appreciate meeting some quality fans from UNI. I'll PM you when I get the details finalized.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Sounds good. We may already triple the UNH Friday turnout. Met some great UNH fans at tailgating on Saturday. Caught a few of them after the game. Great sports. I'm sure it was tough to want to talk after going down, but they were still up for it. Hard to have much candor with the playoffs being one loss and you're done.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
No one else yet? :) C'mon it's already 1pm EST. You should have your plane tickets bought. :D

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM
bump...:)

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry Rob, can't fly out Friday because of family obligations and the Saturday flights get there too late. :(

pantherclaw
November 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
To anyone out there in Deleware who's thinking about coming, i would suggest flying inot Cedar rapids instead of Waterloo, primarily b/c Cedar Rapids has more than one airline. plus more flight times. though you'd have to get a car.

I'd be game for a meet-up.

UNIFanSince1983
November 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Let me know if you guys are getting together and where at on Friday. I will be more than happy to meet up as well.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I will post updates. Last count was 3 UD fans who sound pretty confident that they will make it out, and whatever UNI fans have posted here.

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Might want to post the invite over at the UD board...

http://www.gohens.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

igo4uni
November 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sorry Rob, can't fly out Friday because of family obligations and the Saturday flights get there too late. :(

So you aren't coming??

This answers my question from another thread............I must read more before I post I guess!!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx :D :D :D

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2007, 07:40 PM
anyone else yet? Haven't seen many UD fans that are coming to the game.

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2007, 08:18 AM
So no one at all now? Haven't head from any UD fans since Monday.

LacesOut
November 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I'll be there!!!!!

j/k j/k

If I'm going anywhere in November, it would be Mexico or the Cayman Islands. Nothing against Iowa. haha

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Charter flight and bus has been cancelled xnonono2x UD Fans..BEWARE..this meeting could be a classic setup for a hazing xsmiley_wix Remember what happened to Otter in Animal House when he got a welcoming invite :D xlolx

89Hen
November 30th, 2007, 09:04 AM
So no one at all now? Haven't head from any UD fans since Monday.
It appears that UNI fans think all UD fans are a$$holes anyway. xcoolx :p

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 09:17 AM
It appears that UNI fans think all UD fans are a$$holes anyway. xcoolx :p

89, we'll never win anyone over. UD is/will always be associated as Phili fans xoopsx xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Sounds good. We may already triple the UNH Friday turnout. Met some great UNH fans at tailgating on Saturday. Caught a few of them after the game. Great sports. I'm sure it was tough to want to talk after going down, but they were still up for it. Hard to have much candor with the playoffs being one loss and you're done.

For the record, we had 11 UNH fans (three AGSers) at our tailgate counting two who might have arrived after you left Rob. I think there might have been 60 Wildcat fans outside the official travelling party. Not bad for the short notice, long trip and holiday weekend. UD travels better than UNH so we'll see how many make the trek.

I had planned to contact you after the game, but so many people stopped me to talk that I barely got out of the Dome before the team boarded the bus. I had some great discussions, some with plenty of candor. Then we went back out to the parking lot then back to the hotel and drowned our sorrows for a while. Kind of got wrapped up in helping each other get over the tough loss.

Again, great to meet you Rob as well as JayJ79! Thanks for your part in making the trip to Iowa enjoyable.

GannonFan
November 30th, 2007, 11:42 AM
UD didn't return any of the 500 tickets to UNI so I'm sure someone has to be going.

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 12:47 PM
UD didn't return any of the 500 tickets to UNI so I'm sure someone has to be going.

The Blue-hairs will be there in force I'm sure xnodx

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
For the record, we had 11 UNH fans (three AGSers) at our tailgate counting two who might have arrived after you left Rob. I think there might have been 60 Wildcat fans outside the official travelling party. Not bad for the short notice, long trip and holiday weekend. UD travels better than UNH so we'll see how many make the trek.

I was saying triple the Friday night attendance. Although those stats are now UNH 1 - UD 0. :o

Oh well I'll go enjoy my night. Hope all the Blue Hen fans have safe travels.

HensRock
November 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Just got in. Too tired from driving 15.5 hours

Mountain Panther
November 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I'll be there!!!!!

j/k j/k

If I'm going anywhere in November, it would be Mexico or the Cayman Islands. Nothing against Iowa. haha

Your Avatar will be there???????

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2007, 09:28 AM
Just got in. Too tired from driving 15.5 hours

xlolx xlolx *****, the Cap'n, and I have no sympathy for that.

1,380 mi – about 21 hours 54 mins

That's Rochester,MN to Portsmouth,NH. I had to drive up to Rochester, which adds another 2 hours on to it. ***** jumped on in Chicago.

We left Rochester at 1pm on Thursday, drove straight through, and got to Portsmouth about 7pm. We then proceeded to get dinner and hit the bars with everyone else. It's the playoffs, you have to live a little. xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 1st, 2007, 09:57 AM
I was saying triple the Friday night attendance. Although those stats are now UNH 1 - UD 0. :o

Oh well I'll go enjoy my night. Hope all the Blue Hen fans have safe travels.

Ooops, we get a little sensitive when anyone questions the support UNH gets. xoopsx :p

FWIW, YorkCounty, 05 and myself would be out there tailgating in the snow this afternoon. I'm expecting the same from our CAA brethren out in Cedar Falls today!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM
Ooops, we get a little sensitive when anyone questions the support UNH gets. xoopsx :p

FWIW, YorkCounty, 05 and myself would be out there tailgating in the snow this afternoon. I'm expecting the same from our CAA brethren out in Cedar Falls today!! :p xrotatehx xlolx xlolx

I'm going to stand in my driveway and drink beer for the next 3 hours just to prove you right!xthumbsupx It's 24, windy with just a bit of snow right now. COME ON UD FANS STEP UP!

Ronin
December 1st, 2007, 11:52 AM
Weather has canceled fan participation for me. Damn and I have two tickets going to waste.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM
xlolx xlolx *****, the Cap'n, and I have no sympathy for that.

1,380 mi – about 21 hours 54 mins

That's Rochester,MN to Portsmouth,NH. I had to drive up to Rochester, which adds another 2 hours on to it. ***** jumped on in Chicago.

We left Rochester at 1pm on Thursday, drove straight through, and got to Portsmouth about 7pm. We then proceeded to get dinner and hit the bars with everyone else. It's the playoffs, you have to live a little. xthumbsupx

Did the same thing in the other direction last weekend. 20 hours Maine to Iowa. No bad weather though (Other then Erie PA)