PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Southern Illinois vs. Massachusetts

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM
What are your thoughts on what should be a pretty good football game?

Also, great job by SIU beating Eastern Illinois, and for UMass beating Fordham.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
This will probably be lower scoring than most expect. The offense for these teams get the pub, but both play pretty good D. SIU wins and special teams make the difference.

UMass922
November 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I can't remember the last time UMass played a Gateway team. Possibly never, or at least not in the playoffs. Seems like most of our playoff games in the last ten years have come against the SoCon and the Patriot League. UNH-UNI provided a tremendous CAA-Gateway game tonight, and we get two more on this side of the bracket next week. Should be good.

I agree that the scoring in this game might be modest. I could see something like 21-17, one way or the other.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM
This is the first ever meeting between UM ass and SIU.

siugrad99
November 25th, 2007, 12:31 AM
UMass is tough, hopefully coach Kill has the team ready to play from the opening kick off. We cannot afford to spot UMass 10-14 points. Going to be fun to watch.

Reed Rothchild
November 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Coach Kill hasn't fared well against teams he has never seen before. Hopefully they can figure it out and continue to make the Gateway proud!

EmeryZach
November 25th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Should be an interesting one. Don't really know too much about SIU, but if you guys have a good passing offense and a good passing defense then you could definitely win this one. UMass should be ready though.

umassfan
November 25th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Should be an interesting one. Don't really know too much about SIU, but if you guys have a good passing offense and a good passing defense then you could definitely win this one. UMass should be ready though.

I just watched the game and our pass D did not play that bad. We didnt get normal pressure on the QB. I expect that to change next week though.

EmeryZach
November 25th, 2007, 01:40 AM
I'll be honest, I only heard the game on the radio, It just sounded like Fordham was having an easy time with the short crossing routes, which has been a problem all year. As you know though umassfan, I am mr. negitive so I might be underestimating our guys. xpeacex

Col Hogan
November 25th, 2007, 02:50 AM
I'll be honest, I only heard the game on the radio, It just sounded like Fordham was having an easy time with the short crossing routes, which has been a problem all year. As you know though umassfan, I am mr. negitive so I might be underestimating our guys. xpeacex

I watched the game and your observation is correct...the short crossing route wa there all day for Fordham...and they took it...

Nothing deep worked...so I think Coach Brown has his working points for this weeks practice....

If the O Line along with Coen, Lawrence, Moore and Rancher play like they did yesterday...Hang on to your hats, folks...

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Fordham put up 35 so I'm looking for a high-scoring game that could be a real thriller. UMass won at Montana last year and that isn't easy to do, so I don't see the home field being much of a difference. SIU has a bad habit of spotting teams two scores which has to stop right now. My wife did her undergrad at Amherst and my in-laws are from the Boston area so I'll be getting the snake-eye all week. One thing: SIU has been behind in the 4th quarter before and they play until the final gun. I think that never being behind is what did McNeese in. Don't know if UMasss has to come from behind on a good team this year. Anybody?

Umass74
November 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
The O-line played great. Coen was not sacked once and was rarely touched.

We actually equaled an all-time record in total offense (and then lost it in the last minutes by Coen taking a knee). xthumbsupx

Patriot League teams are pesky and usually make a game of it no matter where they play. Masella is an excellent coach and he's going to give the rest of the Patriot League a hard time.

R.A.
November 25th, 2007, 09:13 AM
UMass, 21 plus... I'm still not confident in Southern Ill. They played one playoff team in the regular season, and lost.

They played an overrated E. Illinois team in the first round, and a Hampton team comparable in ability with E. Illinois... a 6-5 Hampton team I might add.

And we saw the last CAA team in, blow their game versus the Gateway champ by 3 points.

I saw UMass play yesterday, and I also saw Southern Illinois play versus Youngstown St. and E. Illinois.

I have felt like Southern Illi has just been skating through the season without having played strong comp.

I felt the same way about Del State, McNesse, and Montana... skating... I think the bubble gets bursted in a big way versus UMass.

Sam Adams
November 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
UMass has come from behind, won nail biters and is playoff tested. SIU looks to be a very good football team that puts plenty of points up on the board. Should be a fun game to watch.

siugrad99
November 25th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Yep R.A. you've got the scouting report correct on SIU... Beating teams like a solid Western Illinois, Youngstown State and FCS Northern Illinois (regardless of their record they are FCS and have many more advantages than a FBS team) losing to Northern Iowa on the road at homecoming by 6 and then traveling to what your conference calls a "powerhouse" Hampton the last weekend of the season and beating up on them (yes scoring nearly 3 TD's more then they've given up all season is beating them up), but we just "skated" through the season. I would say a team such as Delaware State "skated" and look where they are. You don't win games in the playoffs by skating through the regular season.

siugrad99
November 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Just a side note, but if the MEAC didn't have an autobid New Hampshire would have taken your spot even with your cupcake record. Delware State fans have no business telling other teams they "skated" when they playin in the pathetic MEAC.

Col Hogan
November 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I'd love to hear some details on SIU, as I only know what I've read here on AGS...

Regarding UMass...the offense has matured to the point that they are scoring almost every time they touch the ball...

The O Line is one of the best, protecting QB Liam Coen for the passing game and opening holes for Matt Lawrence and the running game...

Rancher and Moore are Coen's two main targets...both are tall and fast...

The Defense has played spotty...sometimes at a very high level, and sometimes they make you scratch your head in wonderment (not good wonderment...)

Jason Hatchell is the heart of the D...and always seems to be in or near each play when he's on the field...

Fordham could not throw the ball long because the secondary played a tight game...but they had success with crossing patterns 5 - 10 yards out...

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 11:58 AM
UMass, 21 plus... I'm still not confident in Southern Ill. They played one playoff team in the regular season, and lost.

They played an overrated E. Illinois team in the first round, and a Hampton team comparable in ability with E. Illinois... a 6-5 Hampton team I might add.

And we saw the last CAA team in, blow their game versus the Gateway champ by 3 points.

I saw UMass play yesterday, and I also saw Southern Illinois play versus Youngstown St. and E. Illinois.

I have felt like Southern Illi has just been skating through the season without having played strong comp.

I felt the same way about Del State, McNesse, and Montana... skating... I think the bubble gets bursted in a big way versus UMass.

The last CAA team in didn't blow their game. The Gateway champ played sloppy and loose and still won. But you're right, EIU is about like Hampton without the smack. YSU was #10 when we beat them and WIU was #19. Either team would have done much better than DSU, EIU, or EKU did yesterday.

UMass by 21+? Step away from the bong.......

EmeryZach
November 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I really know nothing about SIU. Maybe the SIU fans can answer some questions. What kind of offense do you have, mostly pass or mostly run? Also, what kind of defense do you guys play, lots of blitzing or more of a safe defense? And what do you see as the biggest weakness of your team?

Also, have any of you UMass fans heard anything about injuries from the game against Fordham? I know some guys got banged up during the game.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I really know nothing about SIU. Maybe the SIU fans can answer some questions. What kind of offense do you have, mostly pass or mostly run? Also, what kind of defense do you guys play, lots of blitzing or more of a safe defense? And what do you see as the biggest weakness of your team?

Also, have any of you UMass fans heard anything about injuries from the game against Fordham? I know some guys got banged up during the game.

Well, the O is pretty balanced avg. over 200 yds. running and passing. I think we were more run first earlier in the year than now. We have 4 regular RBs and Hill hasn't thrown to fewer than five receivers in a game this year, some times nine players will have a reception. On D we haven't played with our starting secondary since week 2 and to me seems the area we are thinnest. We run a TCU style 3-3-5 with what we call outside safeties. Not huge but very quick. One of those D's that doesn't really jump out at you during the game but when you check the stats you notice that they held, in this case EIU, to 179 yds. total offense. They seem to do a very good job of adjusting for the 2nd half. I think coaches won't be happy with the KO coverage yesterday, though generally we're good on special teams. No one kicks or punts to Craig Turner.

FCS Preview
November 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
GAMETIME HAS BEEN SET.

The UMass at Southern Illinois NCAA Quarterfinal FCS Football game will take place at 3:30 p.m. ET in Carbondale, Illinois. It will be shown on ESPN Gameplan. It will also be available on other various channels across the nation. Those channels will be released later this week.

Col Hogan
November 25th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Great news.....

blukeys
November 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Has SIU beaten anyone in the playoffs besides an OVC team?

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM

Nope. The game will just be a formality, UMass should be the overwhelming favorite. Hell, they should have been seeded but probably had to trade it for the 5th CAA team.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Offense

Our QB has been effective. He has a strong accurate arm connecting on over 74% of his passes, 25 for TDs. The offense generally takes what the defense gives us. As houndawg said, we are fairly balanced for the season averaging over two hundred yards per game via both the pass and run. Those numbers for any given game may be skewed towards one facet more depending where the weaker spot is on the opponent's D.

Defense

Our D is smaller and quicker this year than in years' past. This has led to more INTs. It seems to be a more opportunistic D.

Special Teams

Punter Scott Ravanesi is averaging 43.5 yards/punt. Kick returner Craig Turner is averaging 26.3 yards/return. Out FG kicker is a freshman that started the year off slow, but has improved as the season has went along. Our high scoring offense has given him what might be two years of experience in other places. He's kicked 57 extra points and is 14/17 on FG attempts.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
GAMETIME HAS BEEN SET.

That would be 2:30 CT.
Since there is a lighted Christmas parade downtown at 6:00, you might want to plan your escape route after the game accordingly. Illinois Avenue north of the stadium will be tied up with the parade. Then there is the matter of the basketball game with Indiana later that night. I'm glad I'm not in charge of traffic control in Carbondale Saturday.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Not since 1983.
xmadx

Saluki_man
November 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
That would be 2:30 CT.
Since there is a lighted Christmas parade downtown at 6:00, you might want to plan your escape route after the game accordingly. Illinois Avenue north of the stadium will be tied up with the parade. Then there is the matter of the basketball game with Indiana later that night. I'm glad I'm not in charge of traffic control in Carbondale Saturday.

And on that note some advice to UMass fans that are comming to Carbondale, you may have to get a hotel room in Marion, IL (about 10 miles east of Carbondale). Hotel rooms have been going very quickly, with so much going on in Carbondale that day.

Col Hogan
November 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Is St. Louis the best airport to fly into? I checked Mid-America and can't get there...

Saluki_man
November 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Is St. Louis the best airport to fly into? I checked Mid-America and can't get there...

Carbondale is about a 2 hour drive from St. Louis. So this would be your best option. Other options may be a 4 hour drive from Indy and a 6 hour drive from Chicago.

Houndawg
November 25th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Carbondale is about a 2 hour drive from St. Louis. So this would be your best option. Other options may be a 4 hour drive from Indy and a 6 hour drive from Chicago.

Nashville or Memphis about 3.5 hrs.

Ronin
November 25th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Will be interesting to see how the two match-up. SIU is no push over. I've never seen UMass play. Round two is where things start to heat up.

R.A.
November 25th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yep R.A. you've got the scouting report correct on SIU... Beating teams like a solid Western Illinois, Youngstown State and FCS Northern Illinois (regardless of their record they are FCS and have many more advantages than a FBS team) losing to Northern Iowa on the road at homecoming by 6 and then traveling to what your conference calls a "powerhouse" Hampton the last weekend of the season and beating up on them (yes scoring nearly 3 TD's more then they've given up all season is beating them up), but we just "skated" through the season. I would say a team such as Delaware State "skated" and look where they are. You don't win games in the playoffs by skating through the regular season.

xlolx xlolx

I personally don't look at FBS teams like I used too... especially the none BCS conference ones... and even the Big Ten for that matter.

Beating NIU isn't amazing.

And I'm just calling it how I see it.

If you read my original post, I do beleive I also said that Del State Skated through.

I'm not turning this into a MEAC versus SIU thing. I'm just giving my take on SIU's season.

I don't think they've played a tough enough schedule, I think SIU has been skating, and I think UMASS is going to lay it on 21plus.

Don't like my opinion, tough... go take some points away from my poster rating or somethingxlolx

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 06:28 AM
xlolx xlolx

I personally don't look at FBS teams like I used too... especially the none BCS conference ones... and even the Big Ten for that matter.

If you read my original post, I do beleive I also said that Del State Skated through.

I'm not turning this into a MEAC versus SIU thing. I'm just giving my take on SIU's season.

I don't think they've played a tough enough schedule, I think SIU has been skating, and I think UMASS is going to lay it on 21plus.

Don't like my opinion, tough... go take some points away from my poster rating or somethingxlolx

I hope you're not trying to make this a MEAC vs. SIU thing, back when we scheduled Hampton they were supposed to be tough. Not our fault that wasn't true. I'd be happy to take those 21+ pts. and SIU though.

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Coach Kill hasn't fared well against teams he has never seen before. Hopefully they can figure it out and continue to make the Gateway proud!

Oh, you just want a rematch! xrolleyesx

Actually, so do I!

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 07:32 AM

Where do you get THAT from? xconfusedx

EmeryZach
November 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM
The game will be on NESN at 3:15 on Saturday. Sweet!!

Zoo
November 27th, 2007, 10:42 PM
The game will be on NESN at 3:15 on Saturday. Sweet!!

Will DirecTV be carrrying the game, nationwide, or will it be blacked out?

EmeryZach
November 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I don't know. Is that what usually happens? All I know is that I'll get to watch it at my apartment in Amherst, so that is a good thing.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2007, 09:35 AM
xlolx xlolx

Every team in the Gateway except Indiana State has been ranked at some point in the season. You don't "skate" through that.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 09:54 AM
xlolx xlolx

xlolx Let's see, UMass got their conference AQ on a coin flip without playing Richmond, UD, or JMU and you think SIU is skating?

If they're skating, they ain't skating alone, bubba.xlolx

KAUMASS
November 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Some of recent posts are borderline smack guys. RA, we appreciate your support. I hope UMass does lay it on, to predict by 21 is a bit bold.

Both teams played well during the season, and UMass had the tougher schedule. This is no slight to SIU. If you look at the final GPI rankings of their opponents, there is no arguing. With that said, the start of the playoffs marks a new season.

As of right now, SIU beat #37 GPI Eastern Illinois. UMass beat #43 GPI Fordham. Fordham was pesky, but UMass controlled the game. It looks like SIU controlled the game from the score, but the stats indicated that E. Illinois was pesky as well.

So with that said, this is going to be a good game and anything can happen with two good teams going at it.

Here are some interesting stats. (Usually I can predict a future game pretty close based upon stats, but with last weeks games, the stats are all over the matrix.

The Umass offense averaged 368 yards per game during the season. (Scoring average was 30ppg.) They had 648 against Fordham. Whoa!

The UMass defense, allowed 287 yards per game during the season.(Scoring defense average 17ppg)
Fordham had 406 total yards, 281 through the air, 125 on the ground with no deep balls. Ton of short delay routes. Ouch!

SIU offense averaged 457 yards per game during the season.(Scoring average 40ppg) They had 330 yards against E. Illinois. Uh-oh.!

SIU defense allowed 330 yards per game during the season.(Scoring average 17ppg) They allowed 436 against E. Illiniois. Ouch!

My forecast for this game is that UMass will get a big chunk of yardage running the ball. E. Illinois ran for 312 yards and SIU gave up 138 yards average per game against the run during the season. E. Illinois averaged 202 yards rushing this season. I see no reason UMass will not run for a bunch of yards.

SIU is going to hurt us with delay routes. (Villanova & Fordham). SIU had a hard time running against E. Illinois, and I don't think there going to fare any better running against UMass. So, they will have to go to the air, and we have been vulnerable all year on 3rd down to those delay routes.

Weather does not look like a factor right now with a forecast of 42 degrees and partly cloudy.

Key to this game is who's defense plays better. Can UMass stop SIU passing and can SIU stop UMass's run game. Our passing game is successful due to our running game. Can't wait to find out..Enjoy the game and good luck to both teams.

EmeryZach
November 28th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think SIU skated at all. They are a good team, and UMass will have to play mistake free to win.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Some of recent posts are borderline smack guys. RA, we appreciate your support. I hope UMass does lay it on, to predict by 21 is a bit bold.

Both teams played well during the season, and UMass had the tougher schedule. This is no slight to SIU. If you look at the final GPI rankings of their opponents, there is no arguing. With that said, the start of the playoffs marks a new season.

As of right now, SIU beat #37 GPI Eastern Illinois. UMass beat #43 GPI Fordham. Fordham was pesky, but UMass controlled the game. It looks like SIU controlled the game from the score, but the stats indicated that E. Illinois was pesky as well.

So with that said, this is going to be a good game and anything can happen with two good teams going at it.

Here are some interesting stats. (Usually I can predict a future game pretty close based upon stats, but with last weeks games, the stats are all over the matrix.

The Umass offense averaged 368 yards per game during the season. (Scoring average was 30ppg.) They had 648 against Fordham. Whoa!

The UMass defense, allowed 287 yards per game during the season.(Scoring defense average 17ppg)
Fordham had 406 total yards, 281 through the air, 125 on the ground with no deep balls. Ton of short delay routes. Ouch!

SIU offense averaged 457 yards per game during the season.(Scoring average 40ppg) They had 330 yards against E. Illinois. Uh-oh.!

SIU defense allowed 330 yards per game during the season.(Scoring average 17ppg) They allowed 436 against E. Illiniois. Ouch!

My forecast for this game is that UMass will get a big chunk of yardage running the ball. E. Illinois ran for 312 yards and SIU gave up 138 yards average per game against the run during the season. E. Illinois averaged 202 yards rushing this season. I see no reason UMass will not run for a bunch of yards.

SIU is going to hurt us with delay routes. (Villanova & Fordham). SIU had a hard time running against E. Illinois, and I don't think there going to fare any better running against UMass. So, they will have to go to the air, and we have been vulnerable all year on 3rd down to those delay routes.

Weather does not look like a factor right now with a forecast of 42 degrees and partly cloudy.

Key to this game is who's defense plays better. Can UMass stop SIU passing and can SIU stop UMass's run game. Our passing game is successful due to our running game. Can't wait to find out..Enjoy the game and good luck to both teams.

Might want to recheck your stats, bro. EIU had 177 yards total offense, including 60 yards on the ground. And SIU had 402 yards total O with 169 coming on the ground. Where'd you come up with those bogus numbers?

KAUMASS
November 28th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Snafu.....Thanks. One of my more embarassing moments on AGS...That changes everything.

I cut and pasted all the stats from all the games to a separate sheet and they got mixed up. Those states were from the ASU-JMU game. No wonder the stats didn't make sense. I'm glad I spent an hour on that...Can't believe JMU lost..

E. Illinois was shut down totally. This will be a better game than I thought. They only thing that will change from my previous post is that UMass may have a tough time trying to run. If UMass can't run, that will probably hurt our passing game, as we rely on the run to set up the passing game. Defense will be the key to this game.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Snafu.....Thanks. One of my more embarassing moments on AGS...That changes everything.

I cut and pasted all the stats from all the games to a separate sheet and they got mixed up. Those states were from the ASU-JMU game. No wonder the stats didn't make sense. I'm glad I spent an hour on that...Can't believe JMU lost..

E. Illinois was shut down totally. This will be a better game than I thought. They only thing that will change from my previous post is that UMass may have a tough time trying to run. If UMass can't run, that will probably hurt our passing game, as we rely on the run to set up the passing game. Defense will be the key to this game.

It happens. For SIU, the secondary is where they've been thinnest due to injuries. The starters haven't all played together since week 2. I agree that the better D wins this week. Could be 17-14 or 34-31 though.

KAUMASS
November 28th, 2007, 02:36 PM
It happens. For SIU, the secondary is where they've been thinnest due to injuries. The starters haven't all played together since week 2. I agree that the better D wins this week. Could be 17-14 or 34-31 though.

I agree.

BTY, are there lights at McAndrew or are they being brought in by ESPN?
I read somewhere today that there weren't any lights there. OT could come into play. Daylight would be an issue especially with a cloudy forecast.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I agree.

BTY, are there lights at McAndrew or are they being brought in by ESPN?
I read somewhere today that there weren't any lights there. OT could come into play. Daylight would be an issue especially with a cloudy forecast.

We've had lights for 3-4 seasons now. We're playing in the afternoon because the evening will be taken by the Light Parade and an 8:00 basketball game with Indiana. SIU is primarily a basketball school.

KAUMASS
November 28th, 2007, 03:02 PM
We've had lights for 3-4 seasons now. We're playing in the afternoon because the evening will be taken by the Light Parade and an 8:00 basketball game with Indiana. SIU is primarily a basketball school.

Funny, the A.D. at Northern Iowa thinks you don't have lights..

DON'T BLAME HARTZELL: Saturday's 1 p.m. game time was determined by ESPN, not UNI, athletic director Rick Hartzell noted.

"I was on the phone with them yesterday for a couple of hours trying to get them to change their minds," he said. "I explained to them why it's important to us to play at night in the Midwest and with the first day of deer season and all sorts of other things.

"They weren't buying. They put Southern Illinois at 2:30 in a stadium with no lights, so whatever."

Hartzell did get the gametime he wanted for the semifinals, should the Panthers take care of Delaware. That game will be played at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7.

"They guaranteed me that yesterday, mainly I think because they were tired of hearing me complain about this week's game," he remarked.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 03:28 PM

DON'T BLAME HARTZELL: Saturday's 1 p.m. game time was determined by ESPN, not UNI, athletic director Rick Hartzell noted.

"I was on the phone with them yesterday for a couple of hours trying to get them to change their minds," he said. "I explained to them why it's important to us to play at night in the Midwest and with the first day of deer season and all sorts of other things.

"They weren't buying. They put Southern Illinois at 2:30 in a stadium with no lights, so whatever."

Hartzell did get the gametime he wanted for the semifinals, should the Panthers take care of Delaware. That game will be played at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7.

"They guaranteed me that yesterday, mainly I think because they were tired of hearing me complain about this week's game," he remarked.

I drove by them this morning and they were still there.

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I am for the team with Southern in their name.xrulesx

Col Hogan
November 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Good news for UMass......:p :p

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Good news for UMass......:p :p

i could never root for a team from that vile place

Col Hogan
November 28th, 2007, 04:48 PM
And we're OK with that.....xrolleyesx

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM
And we're OK with that.....xrolleyesx

xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xthumbsupx xpeacex

blueballs
November 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM

That comment is recognized and entered into the permanent record by all GSU folks... we appreciate your support.xlolx

citdog
November 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM
That comment is recognized and entered into the permanent record by all GSU folks... we appreciate your support.xlolx

except for any team named eaglets.

nice idea for a movie about GSU.

A Ditch Runs Through Itxlolx

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Then you'll be happy to know that most of Kentucky is north of Carbondale, IL.;)

Minuteman87
November 28th, 2007, 07:44 PM

That's OK. We won the big one. xcoffeex
Enjoy your days in Loserville

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM

We have lights at SIU. They were installed a few years ago by volunteers from the local chapter of the I.B.E.W. Our home opener this year was a night game. SIU did request an afternoon game this weekend because of the previously scheduled basketball game Saturday night with Indiana. We have several fans who like to be able to see both games.

skinny_uncle
November 28th, 2007, 09:33 PM
How strong is Coen's arm? The weather forecast I heard earlier called for 20 MPH crosswinds around gametime. With a chance of rain, it could be a rotten day for passers and kickers.

Maroon&White
November 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
How strong is Coen's arm? The weather forecast I heard earlier called for 20 MPH crosswinds around gametime. With a chance of rain, it could be a rotten day for passers and kickers.

They've seen poorer conditions this year.
xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

UMass looks to run first and foremost, then if they see they can have success passing deep, they'll throw short. URI, please take Morris.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I didn't know we were allowed to discuss the URI game.
xeyebrowx

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Don't let the Fordam score fool you. The UMass defense took the week off. This is a solid FBS team disguised as a FCS playoff team (ask BC). Speed an power everywhere and as long as Coen is ok, SIU is up against it.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2007, 08:29 PM
UMass fans may want a copy of the detour route to escape after the game. There is a lighted Christmas parade around 6:00.
detour routes (http://siusalukis.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/silu/genrel/auto_pdf/LightsParadeParking)

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
This Umass team will go in to Carbondale and demoralize you. that is what they do. They are more like an ACC team than a CAA team and you will see on Saturday, but best of luck to SIU. I have always been a Saluki fan.

Maroon&White
November 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
I didn't know we were allowed to discuss the URI game.
xeyebrowx

Nobody did xeyebrowx

Col Hogan
November 30th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Don't let the Fordam score fool you. The UMass defense took the week off. This is a solid FBS team disguised as a FCS playoff team (ask BC). Speed an power everywhere and as long as Coen is ok, SIU is up against it.

This Umass team will go in to Carbondale and demoralize you. that is what they do. They are more like an ACC team than a CAA team and you will see on Saturday, but best of luck to SIU. I have always been a Saluki fan.

Is there a point you would like to make...you seem to be dancing aroound something here.....xchinscratchx

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 07:28 AM

I keep hearing from CAA folk that Fordham/UMass was an aberration but UNH/UNI was a testament to how strong the CAA is. xrolleyesx

I think SIU has a chance to pull off the upset.

EmeryZach
November 30th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I'll be honest. I think the weather is going to kill us. Coen can't pass in bad weather, especially bad wind. Just looked at the weather report and it makes me scared. I am a known pessimist though, so everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM
So the game starts at 2pm central time. I hear SIU doesn't have lights at their stadium. Is there a chance it will be getting kinda dark at the end of the game? Just curious. I may have gotten bad information about the lights in Carbondale.

DrG
November 30th, 2007, 10:24 AM
There had better be some kind of lights there, as sunset in Carbondale is 4:38 p.m. CST.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 10:32 AM
ESPN brought lights to UMass last year for the UNH game.
If ESPN is doing this game the same could be done.

Old Cage
November 30th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Zach - When we win the national championship will you come on the next day and moan about how we will lose next year's opener?

PS to Saluki fans: The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming at you. Do not underestimate.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 10:34 AM
So the game starts at 2pm central time. I hear SIU doesn't have lights at their stadium. Is there a chance it will be getting kinda dark at the end of the game? Just curious. I may have gotten bad information about the lights in Carbondale.

You hear wrong. They have lights.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Zach - When we win the national championship will you come on the next day and moan about how we will lose next year's opener?

PS to Saluki fans: The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming at you. Do not underestimate.

All the underestimating I hear isn't from Saluki fans. I still think we have a good shot at the upset.

RAMS83
November 30th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Henny

UMass is a terrific team. However dont knock Fordham. We have a solid QB and some athletic rceivers. UMass D didnt take the week off, Fordham has a talented O and it showed.

btw Fordham scored 35 points on UMass (on the road) and BC only scored 24 (at home).. FU's O is no joke..

DrG
November 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
All the underestimating I hear isn't from Saluki fans. I still think we have a good shot at the upset.
What upset? If you go by the Sagarins, SIU is a 5-pt. favorite.

Old Cage
November 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
BetUS.com sportsbook:

SIU a 1 1/2 point favorite
Northern Iowa by 6 1/2
Wofford by 2 1/2
Appy by 5 1/2

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM

Against the CAA champion? Sagarin is off his meds.

umassfan
November 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM
UMass may get All A10 first team(last season) TE Brad Listorti back for this game. He hasnt played all season with a back injury, but has praticed for the first time this week. He would be a huge add to the offense.

EmeryZach
November 30th, 2007, 03:18 PM

No, I'll probably be in my car still driving back from Chattanooga again. So maybe two days after the game I'll be on here moaning about that. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx xpeacex xlolx

KAUMASS
November 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM
UMass may get All A10 first team(last season) TE Brad Listorti back for this game. He hasnt played all season with a back injury, but has praticed for the first time this week. He would be a huge add to the offense.

Pilot to bombadier.....

I hope Brad gets a few plays in. He is a terrific player, but by no means in game shape contact wise. Our TE's, especially Jorgensen, have done a terrific job all year without Brad. Brad runs a low 4.5 40 and can stretch a defense as most linebackers cannot cover him and at 6'4" 250 most db's don't want any part of him. SIU has no scouting on him either!! It probably will be a decision after warm-ups on how he feels.

UMass922
November 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM

Houndawg is being sarcastic, Doc.

Houndawg
November 30th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Houndawg is being sarcastic, Doc.

No. I think he's off his meds. The game is a toss up and will be decided who guesses better on the blitzes.

Henny
November 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Is there a point you would like to make...you seem to be dancing aroound something here.....xchinscratchx

What does Don Brown do? He wins. no hidden agenda. If you go to Chestnut Hill and take BC to the wire along with all the other things UMASS has accomplished lately you get respect.

Col Hogan
November 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
What does Don Brown do? He wins. no hidden agenda. If you go to Chestnut Hill and take BC to the wire along with all the other things UMASS has accomplished lately you get respect.
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
November 30th, 2007, 07:56 PM
SIU has lights, no problem. Their home opener this year started a 6:00 p.m.

Col Hogan
November 30th, 2007, 08:33 PM
SIU has lights, no problem. Their home opener this year started a 6:00 p.m.

Darn..UMass brought their glow-in-the-dark unis...

Zoo
November 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
The Sagarin Ratings have SIU a 5 point favorite?

Either way, this should be one heck of a ball game.

skinny_uncle
November 30th, 2007, 09:20 PM
The Sagarin Ratings have SIU a 5 point favorite?

Either way, this should be one heck of a ball game.
The Salukis are 28-4 at home over the last five years. Why would they not expect to win?

umassfan
November 30th, 2007, 10:33 PM
The Salukis are 28-4 at home over the last five years. Why would they not expect to win?

We heard that before... like last year when we played at montana

skinny_uncle
November 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
We heard that before... like last year when we played at montana

Welcome to the Mac!
I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

EmeryZach
November 30th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Should be a good one. Can't wait.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the Mac!
I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

Mac Pac Wac... it dont matter.;)

Sam Adams
December 1st, 2007, 06:13 AM

Agreed. The Salukis are heavy favorites to walk all over these pretenders from the CAA xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 08:23 AM
it's time for the mutts to play a real football team, today is reality time.

This from a team that didn't play UD, Richmond, or JMU?

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM

We save the best for last.....either UD or Richmond in the finals vs UMass:p :D

KAUMASS
December 1st, 2007, 09:10 AM

It's the rotation dawg...We missed out on UD, Richmond and JMU.
Next year we miss out on Villanova, who has just about everyone back and will probably will vie for the CAA crown next year. We can't do anything about it except possibly meet up in the playoffs. We aren't ducking anyone, it's the way it works, wrong or right. Without getting into a smack arguement on the day of the game, does the team or coach of SIU have anything to say about playing Quincy this year? Can you help that 4 of your wins came over teams with rankings over 60th (80,84,112,61) in the GPI and a NAIA team?
Our worst team in the rankings we played was URI, which was 50th in the GPI...and guess what, we lost to them in a hurricane. We lost, end of story. I actually think it helped our season, because we have been sharper in every game since. And yes, we were sharp against Fordham. (defense was a little off, but not a lack of effort, Fordham had a great gameplan) They (Fordham)are a better team than most people think.

I am not saying that SIU isn't deserving of their ranking, and I think SIU is an awesome team. It will be one whale of a game. Care to display school avatars for the winner for as long the winner is in the playoffs?

Kymermosst
December 1st, 2007, 09:24 AM
We save the best for last.....either UD or Richmond in the finals vs UMass:p :D

Check your bracket DJ, we get UD in the semis. ;)

I just wish people would stop using that argument to try to prove that UMass will lose. Just because we haven't played everyone in the division doesn't mean we're going to lose.

Do I wish we played them? Of course. I love the UMass/UD games and think it's silly that we have to have CAA Co-Champs. But it is what it is and we go with it.

UNI never played McNeese, who was chosen by the committee as the No. 2 seed. Because of scheduling beyond their control, UNI won't play McNeese. Does that mean UNI will lose to UD? No.

It means that these teams get into a 4-week playoff where they have to show consistent success and figure out how to win 4 weeks in a row, and whoever figures that one out, whether it's taking advantage of opponent mistakes, running the ball down someone's throat, or creating a wall so the opponent can never score, it's what you have to do.

I'm so glad kickoff is in less than 5 hours. Let's Go UMass!

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 09:40 AM
It's the rotation dawg...We missed out on UD, Richmond and JMU.
Next year we miss out on Villanova, who has just about everyone back and will probably will vie for the CAA crown next year. We can't do anything about it except possibly meet up in the playoffs. We aren't ducking anyone, it's the way it works, wrong or right. Without getting into a smack arguement on the day of the game, does the team or coach of SIU have anything to say about playing Quincy this year? Can you help that 4 of your wins came over teams with rankings over 60th (80,84,112,61) in the GPI and a NAIA team?
Our worst team in the rankings we played was URI, which was 50th in the GPI...and guess what, we lost to them in a hurricane. We lost, end of story. I actually think it helped our season, because we have been sharper in every game since. And yes, we were sharp against Fordham. (defense was a little off, but not a lack of effort, Fordham had a great gameplan) They (Fordham)are a better team than most people think.

I am not saying that SIU isn't deserving of their ranking, and I think SIU is an awesome team. It will be one whale of a game. Care to display school avatars for the winner for as long the winner is in the playoffs?

I've already said that the winner will be he who guesses right against the blitz most. Check the context of my earlier response, just answering some smack. IMO, if you don't play everyone in your conference your conference is too big. I'd take you up on the avatars but I can't get my machine to even display mine. Too old for this computer ****, I guess. Are you going to the game? Let's quaff a brew or six.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM

Yea its funny how we didnt play those teams and still had a top 5 SOS.

KAUMASS
December 1st, 2007, 09:51 AM
I've already said that the winner will be he who guesses right against the blitz most. Check the context of my earlier response, just answering some smack. IMO, if you don't play everyone in your conference your conference is too big. I'd take you up on the avatars but I can't get my machine to even display mine. Too old for this computer ****, I guess. Are you going to the game? Let's quaff a brew or six.

Right on with the blitz statement..I'll be home with a brew watching on T.V. Good luck to SIU either way.

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 09:59 AM
Check your bracket DJ, we get UD in the semis. ;)

Let's Go UMass!

D'uh.......You're right.....:o

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 10:13 AM
Right on with the blitz statement..I'll be home with a brew watching on T.V. Good luck to SIU either way.

Good luck to you guys too.

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:14 AM
Citdog conflicted......

root for a team from the great tyrants State even though they have Southern in the name?

or for the university from a State who i despise?

S.I. are fellow K-9's so i have to say.............

Go Dogs! Beat the Yankees!xnodx xthumbsupx xrulesx

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 10:20 AM
Citdog conflicted......

root for a team from the great tyrants State even though they have Southern in the name?

Thanks, dog, I know how much that must have hurt to say that. But I'm sure you also know that the great tyrant was a Kentucky (fine union state;) ) transplant and Carbondale is at the same latitude as Richmond, VA., if that helps at all. Me, I'm a left coast transplant and when I moved here I was big time surprised at how "southern" the vibe is here. Three-time world champion BBQ within 10 miles of my place and they aren't close to the best BBQ locally.

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks, dog, I know how much that must have hurt to say that. But I'm sure you also know that the great tyrant was a Kentucky (fine union state;) ) transplant and Carbondale is at the same latitude as Richmond, VA., if that helps at all. Me, I'm a left coast transplant and when I moved here I was big time surprised at how "southern" the vibe is here. Three-time world champion BBQ within 10 miles of my place and they aren't close to the best BBQ locally.

President Davis was also from Kentucky!xthumbsupx

the only BBQ is SC Pee Dee BBQ!

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Citdog conflicted......

citdog...I know that was very painful for you to do.....

I'll send over a nurse to comfort you in this time of pain.....

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 10:29 AM
President Davis was also from Kentucky!xthumbsupx

the only BBQ is SC Pee Dee BBQ!

I hope you'ns are civilized enough to at least use a vinegar based sauce and not that baby-**** yellow stuff with mustard in it.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM

Damn! That's a big rectal thermometer.

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 10:46 AM
Damn! That's a big rectal thermometer.

Nothin' but the best for our favorite son of the CSA!!!!

By the way...Good Luck SIU!!!!

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:47 AM
I hope you'ns are civilized enough to at least use a vinegar based sauce and not that baby-**** yellow stuff with mustard in it.

MUSTARD BASED SAUCE IS FOR REAL MEN WHO HAVE A PAIR!

citdog
December 1st, 2007, 10:48 AM

i am feeling GREAT ALL OF A SUDDEN! KEEP THAT NURSE AWAY FROM ME!

Houndawg
December 1st, 2007, 11:02 AM
MUSTARD BASED SAUCE IS FOR REAL MEN WHO HAVE A PAIR!

It's only good for spoiling BBQ. Vinegar based sauce is the schwing.

No way that dog-****-on-rye-straw compares with Egypt style BBQ. That's like comparing Ugly Betty and Carmen Electra.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
hey i know last week there was a link to watch the SIU game, is there one for this week?

just a student on a semester's leave tryin to watch his dawgs in action

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM
I can't believe I'm about to sit down in front of my TV and CHEER for UMass.:p

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM
Here we go!

R.A.
December 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm watching this one as well.

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 02:20 PM
STRAP'EM UP!!!

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Wow, that was bad. SIU 7 UMass 0

Col Hogan
December 1st, 2007, 02:24 PM
Over played...got stung...

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
Missed tackle by UMass, and an easy TD for SIU. Horrible start.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM
awesome SIU start :)

i cant believe im missing today in c-dale. between this and the SIU-Indiana bball game....doesnt get better

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:30 PM
That SIU QB throws wth the wrong hand

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM
Ok, UMass needs to calm down and get their heads in the game.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:32 PM
and to think hill originally was supposed to play basketball for SIU

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Come on...

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:34 PM
wow umass....dont be dumb

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
I'm really glad UMass decided not to come out and play today. It's awesome.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
That was the right play call to deal with that blitz

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
Time to take the heads out of our asses and play football...

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
SIU 13 UMass 0, blkd extra point

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:45 PM
Nice to see the UMass offense starting to get it going...

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
#72 (Ducasse) is terrible. I swear he has 3 penalties every game.

UNHFan99
December 1st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Watching the game on NESN. Good luck to Umass and the remaining CAA schools.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
Vladimir always holds, he is lazy, just lazy

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:47 PM
UMass need 7 here

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Way to kill a drive...

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM
Koepplin FG, SIU 13 UMass 3

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:49 PM
13-3, 46 yard FG by Koepplin

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Vladimir (#72) just cost us a TD. He does it every single game, he is fat and lazy and holds every play. Watch him, he'll hold someone every play.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
UMass needs a three and out.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM
oh well. UMass defense doesn't want to play today. SIU is playing awesome on Offense

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
wow SIU is really able to run the ball

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM
This is horrendous.

minuteman65
Vladimir (#72) just cost us a TD. He does it every single game, he is fat and lazy and holds every play. Watch him, he'll hold someone every play.

Don't forget false starts.

EmeryZach
SIU 20 UMass 3. Wow, this is a disaster for UMass.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 02:58 PM
to this point you cant script a better start for SIU and you cant script a worse start for UMASS

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, what is going on?

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well, lets see here, UMass can either give up or fight back. We'll see what happens.

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
Now or never. TD time.

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:01 PM
There it is. RASHEED!

20-9, PAT coming.

EmeryZach
TD UMass, thats a start
SIU 20 - UMass 10

pather
there it is. great play call

yorkcountyUNHfan
OK UMass lets go!

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:02 PM
This one's gonna be high scoring.

I love Rasheed Rancher. He's nasty.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
whoever steps up most on defense/gets a big TO. at this point anyways

minuteman65
We NEED a big defensive stop. We're not gonna win this game if we can't figure out that offense.

EmeryZach
Ok, Defense needs to step up here and do something.

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Pick that, Courtney!

Big 3rd down...

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
HOW do you give all that up on a simple run?

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:05 PM
our running game hasnt looked this good since arkee was our tailback

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:06 PM
20-10 after one. what a start for the offenses

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ok , I know I am always negitive, but seriously if UMass doesn't figure out how to stop SIU then this game is going to be a blow out.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
HUGE stop

yorkcountyUNHfan
Come on Coach Brown...work your magicxbowx

minuteman65
Thanks, Nick Hill. We could use a bunch more passes like that...

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Let's get 3 or 7 on this drive... preferably 7...

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:12 PM
ok now im nervous.

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:13 PM
DAMN IT

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:14 PM
Why is Scott Woodward punting?

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Because Brown was pissed that Arnold didn't kick the ball fast enough and it kept getting blocked.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
Why is Scott Woodward punting?

Because Arnold sucks and didnt travel for that reason.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
That was horrible play calling by the way. Coaching staff is not doing a good job today.

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Because Brown was pissed that Arnold didn't kick the ball fast enough and it kept getting blocked.

Because Arnold sucks and didnt travel for that reason.

That's as good a reason as any, I guess.

So judging from the game so far, why did the defense travel with the team?

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:17 PM
That was horrible play calling by the way. Coaching staff is not doing a good job today.
Can pleople please give alittle more detail... im at work with no info here

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2007, 03:18 PM

Thanks. Same here. Like I said in the ASU thread, you guys are my play by play.

EmeryZach
Is it just me or does it look like UMass doesn't even care right now?

minuteman65

Pass to the flats on 3rd down to Lawrence - would've had the 1st if Coen hadn't overthrown him.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
Pass to the flats on 3rd down to Lawrence - would've had the 1st if Coen hadn't overthrown him.

thankyou

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hill just took a SHOT. Nice job Charles.

3rd and 17.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM

20-10 SIU, 12:30 left in the half, 3rd and 17 for SIU

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Never mind.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM
20-10 SIU, 12:30 left in the half, 3rd and 17 for SIU

how was woodys punt?

pather
another personal foul....

EmeryZach
Personal Foul on SIU, 4th and 32

umassfan
Never mind.

xconfusedx xconfusedx

minuteman65
how was woodys punt?

30ish yards, I think?

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
NICE HEADS UP PLAY by J.J. Moore. That was almost a disaster, but Moore blocks the gunner to let the ball roll into the end zone.

84-yard punt!

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:22 PM
punt almost downed at the 1, but touchback. UMass ball at the 20.

umassfan
December 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
NICE HEADS UP PLAY by J.J. Moore. That was almost a disaster, but Moore blocks the gunner to let the ball roll into the end zone.

84-yard punt!

Why such a long punt? is there wind?

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
that was a huge break for umass on the PF. i thought offsetting

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Why such a long punt? is there wind?

Wind at back + Long, long roll = 84-yard punt.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
Michael Omar big catch to the 50.

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
i dont have a good feeling about this anymore

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:27 PM
Another Omar catch. 3rd and 2 at the 42

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
Caught by JJ Moore first down

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
i dont have a good feeling about this anymore

My (Colts fan) friend kept saying this during the Colts-Pats game when they were up 10... hopefully this turns out the same way!

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Coen tried a bomb from the 35, incomplete to Rancher. 2nd and ten

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Big run for Lawrence. 3rd and one

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
I take it Tony Nelson's hurt?

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Lawrence dive. First down

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Omar catch to the 14. First and ten

pather
:( ill give props to whoever wins this game. both teams are good enough for semi finals. but obviously i gotta rep my dawgs. and after watching a HS title game when the team was down 28-7 and won 42-35 on a miracle ending i wont be content until the final horn blows

minuteman65
Nice little flip pass by Coen to #15 for around 15 yards and a first down.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM
false start UMass, first and 15

minuteman65
Hey, whaddya know?! Falst start by the one and only...

EmeryZach
Omar another catch to the 12. Omar shaken up on the play

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Time out UMass, didn't get the play in fast enough, that is their second.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Catch EJ Barthel, 3rd and 4

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Need a TD...

pather
UMASS cant throw an incompletion....

EmeryZach
Almost intercepted in the end zone. FG coming

pather
you guys just got wicked lucky

minuteman65
20-13 on a Koepplin FG.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
FG good, SIU 20 - UMass 13

minuteman65
you guys just got wicked lucky

I'll say.

Bad Liam! xnonox

EmeryZach
We need to put it in the endzone.

pather
if umass keeps it one score at half....they are in excellent position given they get the ball to start the 2nd

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
I'll say.

Bad Liam! xnonox

whoever wins this must beat UNI. i cant stand that school

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
Judging by what I've seen from SIU, if they didn't beat UNI, then UNI must be gooooooooooooooood.

pather
ill never live this down if SIU loses. my best friend goes to UMASS, makes it even worse

EmeryZach
Big return for SIU to the 45

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
SIU didnt play well, hill was awful early on. still came 4 yards short of a win

minuteman65
Poor special teams play, SIU gets it at the 43ish.

EmeryZach
SIU runs for 2, 2nd and 8.

pather
turner needs 1 yard on punt returns to break gateway punt return record

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:40 PM
stopped him on third and 1

minuteman65
Nice stop by Collier, 4th and 1.

EmeryZach
punting, watch the fake

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:41 PM
GO FOR IT

EmeryZach
touchback, UMass gets the ball on the 20

appfan2008
what is the attendance like at siu?

minuteman65
Touchback, UMass gets it again at the 20.

Let's finish the drive this time! Tie it up boys!

pather
we need momentum....go for that. worst that happens is they can tie it....

yorkcountyUNHfan
UMass need to go get points

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
Barthel gain of 5. 2nd and 5

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
Rancher drops the ball, 3rd and 5.

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Big rush by SIU and bad pass incomplete. 4th down

pather
December 1st, 2007, 03:43 PM
huge stop

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:44 PM
Bad punt, run back to UMass 44. could have been a running into kicker penalty that wasnt called

pather
congrats craig turner

most punt return yards in gateway history

EmeryZach
Big tackle for UMass -5 yards. 2nd and 15

minuteman65
December 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hanson and Miles in on a big stop. 2nd and 14.

minuteman65
How can you leave the receiver that open?

EmeryZach
Wide open receiever, Pass to the 30. SIU first down. Bad defense again

EmeryZach
December 1st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Run to the UMass 24

minuteman65
Anything less than a TD would be great for UMass right now.

pather
umass had done a much better job against the run up till that right there