PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Wofford, Eastern Washington

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks Wofford, Eastern Washington,

For the 3rd year in a row, App will have home field advantage all the way to the championship!!! Side note, Eastern Washington must be setting some kind of record for travel for the playoffs, even if they get by us, they will travel to the east coast for a third consective week, the ultimate road warriors!!!!!!!!!!

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:11 PM

For the 3rd year in a row, App will have home field advantage all the way to the championship!!! Side note, Eastern Washington must be setting some kind of record for travel for the playoffs, even if they get by us, they will travel to the east coast for a third consective week, the ultimate road warriors!!!!!!!!!!

Is Louisiana now considered "East coast"?

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM

Well it's a coast, and it's east of y'all...:D

BigApp
November 24th, 2007, 10:21 PM

a few more Category 5 hurricanes it will be!

Death Dealer
November 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM

Whoa there cowboy! If the two teams that played today show up when/if Appy and Wofford play, it won't matter where the game is played. The Terriers are on a mission, and I think playing in Missoula is a pretty good warmup for KB. xnodx

APPride
November 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Whoa there cowboy! If the two teams that played today show up when/if Appy and Wofford play, it won't matter where the game is played. The Terriers are on a mission, and I think playing in Missoula is a pretty good warmup for KB. xnodx

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx (but we're on a mission also)

GannonFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM
The way Appy's been playing defense, hey, there may not be a game for the Mountaineers after Eastern Washington. This isn't last year's Appy St team.

GrizRchattybound
November 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Thank the Committee as well.

;)

Good job to the terriers.

I expected EWU to dismantle McTeam.

RE/MAXGriz
November 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM
App St fans be careful what you wish for, EWU is much different than the Montana State team you faced last year. And you just eked out a win against JMU.

I'll say it early, EWU 38, App 27.

GannonFan
November 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Besides EWU, even if Appy gets through them then they have to face one of two very, very good running teams - a Wofford team that physically beat up Appy in one of their two losses earlier this year or a Richmond team that's a better team than the JMU team Appy St was fortunate to beat today. They may get the home games, but even today showed that homefield advantage doesn't necessarily overcome the opponent. Besides, homefield advantage means less and less as the playoffs continue - there'll be 8 great teams playing this weekend, and 4 even better teams the weekend after that - no more softies out there for anyone.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 24th, 2007, 11:22 PM
dam, if you believe these guys app should forfeit the game and save the eagles the trouble of traveling to Boone.

feb18blacksunday
November 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM
No softies in this field of 8 imho. Good teams figure out ways to win and there are 8 good teams left.

APPST '93
November 24th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Besides EWU, even if Appy gets through them then they have to face one of two very, very good running teams - a Wofford team that physically beat up Appy in one of their two losses earlier this year or a Richmond team that's a better team than the JMU team Appy St was fortunate to beat today. They may get the home games, but even today showed that homefield advantage doesn't necessarily overcome the opponent. Besides, homefield advantage means less and less as the playoffs continue - there'll be 8 great teams playing this weekend, and 4 even better teams the weekend after that - no more softies out there for anyone.

I hate it when people talk about ASU and don't have a clue. Armanti was coming back from an injury in the Wofford game and only lasted about a half. He made some early plays that hurt us because he was rusty.

Didn't you beat JMU by one? xconfusedx

Playoff note:
The last three years we are 7 for 7 at home in the playoffs. Ask any of our opponents if it mattered!

GannonFan
November 24th, 2007, 11:58 PM
I hate it when people talk about ASU and don't have a clue. Armanti was coming back from an injury in the Wofford game and only lasted about a half. He made some early plays that hurt us because he was rusty.

Didn't you beat JMU by one? xconfusedx

Playoff note:
The last three years we are 7 for 7 at home in the playoffs. Ask any of our opponents if it mattered!

I'm plenty familiar with the Wofford/Appy game earlier in the year. Does Armanti play defense now?

No, we beat JMU by 3.

And no, the homefield wasn't the difference in the past 7 playoff games - the fact that Appy was flat out better than the opponents in those last 7 games was. After the first round, the pretenders are gone - everyone left is a legit team. Homefield matters less and less as the playoffs move on.

APPST '93
November 25th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I'm plenty familiar with the Wofford/Appy game earlier in the year. Does Armanti play defense now?

No, we beat JMU by 3.

And no, the homefield wasn't the difference in the past 7 playoff games - the fact that Appy was flat out better than the opponents in those last 7 games was. After the first round, the pretenders are gone - everyone left is a legit team. Homefield matters less and less as the playoffs move on.

Armanti couldn't get the offense started! We were down by 4 with a little over a minute left. Elder didn't get it done.

You mentioned UR, sorry. I was comparing us to UR.

You don't think homefield mattered yesterday?

back2back
November 25th, 2007, 07:07 AM
App St fans be careful what you wish for, EWU is much different than the Montana State team you faced last year. And you just eked out a win against JMU.

I'll say it early, EWU 38, App 27.

No way ASU gets held below 30 again. It is the time of the year where you survive and advance. You were not at our game, but we played poorly on defense on 3rd down. If we can get off the field we can move on. You found out today about SOCON football and the next time you see a football will be at spring practicexbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx !

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Thank the Committee as well.

Great job by Wofford and EWU for showing the wisdom of the selection committee!!! Absolutely awesome!!!!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx