PDA

View Full Version : GAME THREAD: Delaware Blue Hens at UNI Panthers

Pages : [1] 2 3

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
CAA goes 4-1 and the Gateway goes 2-0 in round one. What's in store for the next CAA/Gateway match up?

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
CAA goes 4-1 and the Gateway goes 2-0 in round one. What's in store for the next CAA/Gateway match up?

CAA was 3-2, beating DSU, EKU, and Fordham. Losing to ASU and UNI.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM
CAA was 3-2, beating DSU, EKU, and Fordham. Losing to ASU and UNI.My bad, thanks for the correction. I was going off another post I read. I should have checked first.

Any thoughts on UD vs UNI?

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM
My bad, thanks for the correction. I was going off another post I read. I should have checked first.

yea.. I'd rather be playing in Newark... :p

Mountain Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:22 PM

Are you going to try and truck snow into the Dome?

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Ain't that a bitch xrulesx

GannonFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Flacco without wind, Cuff on the fast plastic. Should be another shootout - UD's going to score a lot, UNI should as well. Will certainly be a fun one!!!

Houndawg
November 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM
My bad, thanks for the correction. I was going off another post I read. I should have checked first.

Smash mouth time. Milk the clock with that big O line. I think you have another gear up from this game and will need it.

Eagle22
November 24th, 2007, 10:29 PM
What's the word on UD's center that got hurt ? Was that the Hens' starter ?

Chi Panther
November 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Smash mouth time. Milk the clock with that big O line. I think you have another gear up from this game and will need it.

Can't have 2 missed FGs and give up a Kick Off for a TD....xsmhx

GannonFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM

He's expected to play next Saturday - ended up not being anywhere as serious as they first thought (and they almost brought out the cart when it first happened). He is the starter, although there is a back-up 5th year senior at center who could fill in if needed.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Can't have 2 missed FGs and give up a Kick Off for a TD....xsmhxAbsolutely! I really thought UNI would play better on special teams than they did tonight. They better shore up the FG unit and quick.

Herdman
November 24th, 2007, 10:33 PM
UNI goes for 575yards of total offense tonight.

Ud1Hens
November 24th, 2007, 11:07 PM

He tweaked a nerve so the initial reaction was really bad. However he seemed fine after the game (ice and crutches for precaution). UD coaches have said they expect Kheon to be availbale on Saturday. If he can't go then we have a guy with 5th year experience behind him.

The game: Should be an awesome one. I don't think it is as easy as saying, UNI beat UNH, UNH beat UD therefore UNI will win easily. Delaware was on the road and was a different team in week 6, just like UNI will be different in Round 2 than Round 1. Flacco will finally not be throwing against 20-30 MPH wins for the first time in a month or more. The dome will be loud, fortunately Delaware signals the play and any audible from the sideline, so there won't be an issue with that. Perhaps a false start here and there but you'd expect that on the road. UD can be streaky, scoring 5,6,7,8+ straight possessions on offense. Their defense is suspect but fortunately their two good D-Ends will both be healthy and play. It is just a matter of making the plays...UNI did not play its best football against UNH, you are 13-0 for a reason. I am looking forward to making the trip out to the DOME.

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Couldn't ask for a better game in the UNI Dome for next Saturday.

Congratulations to both of you guys for beating New Hampshire and Delaware State Friday and Saturday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM

HENS STARTER....ALL CAA FIRST TEAM CENTER!

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Are you going to try and truck snow into the Dome?

Oh my god, I could see the veins on Hartzell's head pop out if he came to work to find snow in the Dome! (don't get any funny ideas...)

Barnstormer
November 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Why do all of our home games (against teams that are NOT winless) have to go down to the fricken wire. It's driving me nuts. :-)

Ronin
November 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM
CAA was 3-2, beating DSU, EKU, and Fordham. Losing to ASU and UNI.

For the CAA the easy ones are over. The test will be next week.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Why do all of our home games (against teams that are NOT winless) have to go down to the fricken wire. It's driving me nuts. :-)

Because we are the Cardiac Cats! ;) xthumbsupx

Herdman
November 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
They just want to make sure your ticker is working. Just think of it as a really, really good cardiovascular workout. xthumbsupx

UNI Pike
November 25th, 2007, 02:38 AM
By the way, here is a video of someone detailing UNI's run to the championship. Surprised that he is a UNI supporter...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDwODbl3muE

If only I could scream like that!

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Absolutely! I really thought UNI would play better on special teams than they did tonight. They better shore up the FG unit and quick.

The misses were on 48 and 52 yard kicks.
Yes, it's nice to make those, but they're by no means automatic.

The kickoff coverage team concerns me more than the FG unit.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Blue Hens is an okay mascot for the womens sports teams at UD.
But shouldn't the mens teams be called the Blue Coc.....
er, nevermind. guess that wouldn't fly xcoolx

Henwatcher
November 25th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Can't have 2 missed FGs and give up a Kick Off for a TD....xsmhx

I hear ya, Chi, but I wouldn't worry about anyone on UD returning a kickoff or a punt for a TD. It just ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Good luck and enjoy the game. Should be a lot of offense unless the UD team that played against Villanova shows up.

Sam Adams
November 25th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Or if the UD team that got smacked by UNH shows up....

ChickenMan
November 25th, 2007, 08:01 AM
For the CAA the easy ones are over. The test will be next week.

And the 'road' literally gets much tougher for the CAA as ALL three of their teams will be playing on the road.

henfan
November 25th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Sam, too bad you missed the second half of that game when the Hens did some smacking of their own. UNH held on to win by 5. If the "second half" Hens show up in Cedar Falls, we'll be fine.

Good luck to your team with the Salukis. See you in Newark in two weeks.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Man, those UNI radio guys are some bigtime homers

blukeys
November 25th, 2007, 08:39 AM

The New Hampshire guys were great.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Super Joe Flacco unleashed in a sterile weather element free dome, I dont know if that's good or bad - he unleashed some lasers on Friday on a windy day in Newark, sometimes he is a little high on his throws, Love, Duncan, and Michaud better be ready for some high heat

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Super Joe Flacco unleashed in a sterile weather element free dome, I dont know if that's good or bad - he unleashed some lasers on Friday on a windy day in Newark, sometimes he is a little high on his throws,

Should be a great game. One thing I noticed on Friday is that even when Flacco is on target, sometimes he throws it "right through" his recievers. They can't hang on. Wonder if he understands he doesn't have to throw it as hard as possible every time.

Jaxhen
November 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to congatulate UNI on a thrilling win and UNH for a heck of a game in a very hostile environment. Hopefully, Delaware will bring its "A" game and give UNI a good battle.

Jaxhen
November 25th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Should be a great game. One thing I noticed on Friday is that even when Flacco is on target, sometimes he throws it "right through" his recievers. They can't hang on. Wonder if he understands he doesn't have to throw it as hard as possible every time.

You're right. Sometimes, his rockets practically knock down the receivers. He did do a good job in the Navy game though taking a little off his throws when he had to. He definitely has one of the strongest arms that I've ever seen on any level.

ASUPATCH
November 25th, 2007, 09:33 AM
You're right. Sometimes, his rockets practically knock down the receivers. He did do a good job in the Navy game though taking a little off his throws when he had to. He definitely has one of the strongest arms that I've ever seen on any level.

The only stronger arm I have seen on the college level was Michigan's back up Mallett. You would barely see it in air it got to the receivers so quick in warm ups. While talking to alums and fans before THE GAME they told me he made the receivers go through 3 pairs of gloves during spring and summer ball.

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Sam, too bad you missed the second half of that game when the Hens did some smacking of their own. UNH held on to win by 5. If the "second half" Hens show up in Cedar Falls, we'll be fine.

Ha! Suppose you were the same guy telling UNH you'd see them in Newark next week. Meanwhile, UNI is preparing for their next CAA victim.

ChickenMan
November 25th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Ha! Suppose you were the same guy telling UNH you'd see them in Newark next week. Meanwhile, UNI is preparing for their next CAA victim.

You might think that UNI had destroyed UNH by a score of 37-7 ;) .. rather than escaped them by skin of their teeth...

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Jesusxrolleyesx Oh yes, I'm sure the UD announcers are "Fair and Balanced" Rima and Peterson call a great game.

Pantherpower
November 25th, 2007, 10:16 AM
You might think that UNI had destroyed UNH by a score of 37-7 ;) .. rather than eascaped them by skin of their teeth...

Santos was worth the price of admission. One of the best opposing QB's I've ever had the pleasure to watch in the UNI-Dome. Eric Meyer was another from EWU as was Tracey Ham from Georgia Southern.

At the end of the day, however, it was Sanders and crew who came out on top. He and Ricky tried to one up the other all night and I'm glad we had the ball last.

Frankly, the game was about as close as UNH could've hoped for it to have been with the mistakes UNI made, particularly on special teams. I'm not going to comment on the officiating as I'm of the opinion that if you're good enough, you play above it.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Riiiiiiiiight, and Delaware's announcers aren't?

Gary and Scott bring a tremendous energy to the game for those who are unfortunate enough not to be there. They PUT YOU AT THE GAME just by their calling, which is amazing. Plus Gary is one of the nicest guys to work with. (I used to run the board for the UNI Network for two years until I got sick of never going to games--I quit at a GREAT time!!)

Sam Adams
November 25th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Of course everybody has homer announcers, but geeze those UNI guys seem a bit over the top - great job in squeaking by UNH in the final seconds. It must have been exciting to watch live.

NovaHater
November 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Of course everybody has homer announcers, but geeze those UNI guys seem a bit over the top - great job in squeaking by UNH in the final seconds. It must have been exciting to watch live.

I agree with that, at the end of the 1st Qtr I got rid of the UNI broadcast and switched over to the UNH announcers, they never showed the bias that those UNI announcers did. Little bit of New England accent made it even better xpeacex

Reed Rothchild
November 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
No blizzard and no Shawn Johnson (sp???). That guy was a freak!

speechpanther
November 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Week by week, my friend.

89Hen
November 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
No blizzard and no Shawn Johnson (sp???). That guy was a freak!
Very different circumstances, true. However, there was no blizzard during the game and the field was completely clear. Also, while the Hens don't have a replacement for Johnson, we didn't have anything close to Flacco and Cuff in 2003.

Should be a fun game. Still trying to figure out how to get to Cedar Falls. xrotatehx

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Looking forward to seeing him play in person. I had seen you guys a little on the CN8 webcast this year, but the ESPN game was the first good view.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Very different circumstances, true. However, there was no blizzard during the game and the field was completely clear. Also, while the Hens don't have a replacement for Johnson, we didn't have anything close to Flacco and Cuff in 2003.

Should be a fun game. Still trying to figure out how to get to Cedar Falls. xrotatehx

The Cap'n said you told him you'd be here if we ever played. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. xthumbsupx

WildcatFan
November 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Should be a fun game. Still trying to figure out how to get to Cedar Falls. xrotatehx[/QUOTE] Check all the airports near Cedar Falls & if you find the price too high, consider flying into Chicago and driving 4.5 hours - we did that and the price difference on the tickets was almost $800. That could have been because it was Thanksgiving though.

Chi Panther
November 25th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hopefully the Hens have a 6 hour lay-over the morning the game.....similar to 2003.....xrotatehx

WildcatFan
November 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hopefully the Hens have a 6 hour lay-over the morning the game.....similar to 2003.....xrotatehx

Why - do you feel that is the only way you will win?

Chi Panther
November 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM

No, but did happen to UNI in 2003.....

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Psh! No, it would give me a hearty chuckle.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 12:11 PM

It was THRILING to watch live. And jeez, sorry our announcers have passion for our team. xrolleyesx I know we all love Gary and Scott. They have often been called the best play-by-play callers for football in the state--beating Iowa and Iowa State's guys.

Yep...

RadMann
November 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Congrats to UNI. The closeness of the game shows the strength of the CAA this year. Appy and UNI got pushed to the limit on their games with the 4th and 5th teams out of the CAA in the playoffs, but like good teams they found a way to win..

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I love listening to Gary Rima and Scotty P, but Gary could make a 2 yard run sound like he scored a touchdown. I admit they are homers big time, but I love listening to them mainly because I am such a homer.

bcrawf
November 25th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Gary has said over and over that he broadcasts the game for UNI fans and if an opposing fan or outsider is offended by him being a homer and bringing excitement then they just need to deal with it and move on with their lives...

Did you hear? Chuck Norris and Gary Rima walked into a bar and the bar immediately exploded because one building simply can not contain that much awesome...

Barnstormer
November 25th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'll take homer announcers over a low key, boring announcer any day.

I did hear the last play of the game replayed on the radio.. Yeah, he did go crazy on that call.

pantherfan
November 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Should be a fun game. Still trying to figure out how to get to Cedar Falls. xrotatehx Check all the airports near Cedar Falls & if you find the price too high, consider flying into Chicago and driving 4.5 hours - we did that and the price difference on the tickets was almost $800. That could have been because it was Thanksgiving though.[/QUOTE]

Flying into Minneapolis if price is similar to Chicago would be advisable. MUCH easier drive and only 3.5 hours give or take. xreadx

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 01:11 PM

That's part of the fun of radio broadcasts, if you ask me.
TV announcers in general are supposed to stay somewhat non-biased (except for locally produced coverage, I suppose). But radio has a tendancy to have more of a local focus, and thus the announcers can get excited and have fun.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Gary has said over and over that he broadcasts the game for UNI fans and if an opposing fan or outsider is offended by him being a homer and bringing excitement then they just need to deal with it and move on with their lives...

Did you hear? Chuck Norris and Gary Rima walked into a bar and the bar immediately exploded because one building simply can not contain that much awesome...

I just laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

mainejeff
November 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM
FINALLY!!!......we get to see Delaware play another top FCS non-conference team on the road! I'm going to enjoy this one........xnodx xnodx xnodx

BlueHen86
November 25th, 2007, 01:19 PM
FINALLY!!!......we get to see Delaware play another top FCS non-conference team on the road! I'm going to enjoy this one........xnodx xnodx xnodx

Why? Isn't Maine playing.

Oh wait, they're not.xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Jesusxrolleyesx Oh yes, I'm sure the UD announcers are "Fair and Balanced" Rima and Peterson call a great game.

They bring alot of energy to the broadcast for sure

Actually, the UD announcers leave much to be desired in my opinion

but UNI announcers homerism just jumps out of the speakers at you

Mn_Moose
November 25th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Listening to KXEL 1540 daily I have never heard an advertisement for a New Hampshire business. So, chalk another homerisim up to the almighty buck.

blukeys
November 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
They bring alot of energy to the broadcast for sure

Actually, the UD announcers leave much to be desired in my opinion

but UNI announcers homerism just jumps out of the speakers at you

After listening to the UNH broadcast, I would trade UNH straight up for K&K and an announcer to be named later.xnodx xnodx xnodx

In 9 years these two looneys have yet to learn anything about football. Of course there is one money quote from these idiots every week and Mike Korey's on Friday was priceless before the DSU game.

"This game is already bigger than any Villanova game" xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Yeah, right Korey go back to basketball. Oh you are crap at that as well.

89Hen
November 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM
The Cap'n said you told him you'd be here if we ever played. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. xthumbsupx
Believe me, I'm trying to work it out. The question is, will the Cap'n be there?

89Hen
November 25th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Believe me, I'm trying to work it out. The question is, will the Cap'n be there?
OK, how far from Minny? xeyebrowx I can get there from here for $128! xeekx

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2007, 03:50 PM
It is like 3.5 hours from Minneapolis and not a bad drive at all!

89Hen
November 25th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Argh. For some reason I thought we were the late game. Flight doesn't get into Minny until 11am. That won't work. I can't take Friday off. :(

devilhen
November 25th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Seen a number of your posts now & have frankly been waiting to see if I just caught you on a bad day. You post with much negativity towards Delaware. You should be more concerned with getting your own house in order. For the record, I was definitely not impressed with your play against Fordham, not to mention the game against Rhode Island (you both played in the same conditions). Definitely have an overinflated view of your team. Lucky scheduling got you where you are - no Richmond, UD or JMU on your schedule. One semi-tough away game.

I hope you can get by Southern Illinois, & that the Hens win against UNI, so that the UD can take you out after that & we won't have to hear about what has or hasn't impressed you.

BlueHen86
November 25th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Seen a number of your posts now & have frankly been waiting to see if I just caught you on a bad day. You post with much negativity towards Delaware. You should be more concerned with getting your own house in order. For the record, I was definitely not impressed with your play against Fordham, not to mention the game against Rhode Island (you both played in the same conditions). Definitely have an overinflated view of your team. Lucky scheduling got you where you are - no Richmond, UD or JMU on your schedule. One semi-tough away game.

I hope you can get by Southern Illinois, & that the Hens win against UNI, so that the UD can take you out after that & we won't have to hear about what has or hasn't impressed you.

devilhen - Ignore Sam Adams, it's always a good decision.;)

igo4uni
November 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
OK, how far from Minny? xeyebrowx I can get there from here for $128! xeekx

Easy drive, 4 lane all the way, 3.5 hours......Minneapolis airport is across the road from the Mall of America........so you can do some Christmas shopping!!

igo4uni
November 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
just curious...........how much are flights into Waterloo??

TCisMYhero
November 25th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Under 3 hrs. if you don't drive like an old Blue Hen

devilhen
November 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM
thanks Bluehen86 - probably a good idea. Had to blow off some steam...

mainejeff
November 25th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Why?

You'll know why come next Saturday.

Purple For Life
November 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Easy drive, 4 lane all the way, 3.5 hours......Minneapolis airport is across the road from the Mall of America........so you can do some Christmas shopping!!

It's a piece of cake...35 from Minneapolis to 218 takes you right into Cedar Falls/Waterloo. Waterloo Airport is big $$$$$. Cedar Rapids is cheaper, and about an hour away. Just a drive up 380.

Hey, stop in Owatona and pick me up some A&W Root Beer! ;)

Herdman
November 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Man, those UNI radio guys are some bigtime homersYeah, probably because they cover the games for UNI fans.

00bluehen
November 25th, 2007, 09:31 PM
You'll know why come next Saturday.

It's really as simple as this...Jiff's team went out to UNI in the 2001 second round and got blasted 56-28. Another Cosgrove coaching gem.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, probably because they cover the games for UNI fans.

And if you accuse Rima of being a homer,
he'd prolly thank ya :p xthumbsupx

UDChE89
November 25th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not going to be able to head to the game, but if anyone needs help booking tickets PM me. I travel often enough to know how to get the cheapest... though at this last minute it's going to be tough

DeW
November 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM
If you're looking for travel information or other game information, visit http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

- DeW

bluehenbillk
November 26th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Looking forward to a great game on Saturday, hope a local TV station picks it up.

crunifan
November 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Should be a great game. Hopefully it's not as heart pounding as the New Hampshire game. Not sure I can take another one of those, haha.

ChickenMan
November 26th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Maybe you missed it.. but UD has already played and beat a pretty good opponent on the road.. a FBS bowl bound Navy team in Annapolis... xrolleyesx

Rob Iola
November 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Should be a great game. Hopefully it's not as heart pounding as the New Hampshire game. Not sure I can take another one of those, haha.

You're kidding right? EVERY game Delaware plays (except for DII games like West Chester and DSU) has basketball scores, where the last team scoring wins. Load up on the heart meds now...

SunCoastBlueHen
November 26th, 2007, 08:00 AM
You're kidding right? EVERY game Delaware plays (except for DII games like West Chester and DSU) has basketball scores, where the last team scoring wins. Load up on the heart meds now...

Yep. This game is likely to be a fourty something to fourty something game. xnodx

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 AM
just curious...........how much are flights into Waterloo??
Can't get there from here. Takes over 7 hours with transfers and costs $430. xeyebrowx

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Seen a number of your posts now & have frankly been waiting to see if I just caught you on a bad day. You post with much negativity towards Delaware. You should be more concerned with getting your own house in order.
xnodx Sam is one of the umAss fans with a serious case of Henvy.

GannonFan
November 26th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Should be a great one - I don't think either defense is going to shine this week. Haven't seen Flacco and Cuff play in perfect conditions in some time, what with the cold and blustery winds of the past month. I'm assuming the weather should be fine inside the dome??? :p

Mountain Panther
November 26th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm assuming the weather should be fine inside the dome??? :p

Not if a coach's assistant "accidentally" bumps the thermostat in the Dome and the temp is a humid 95 degrees at kickoff. xthumbsupx

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, stopping the run is what we do best. I can't wait to see what we can or can't do against Cuff.

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Not if a coach's assistant "accidentally" bumps the thermostat in the Dome and the temp is a humid 95 degrees at kickoff. xthumbsupx

If it gets to 95° in the Dome, I don't care if they kick me out--I'm takin' my shirt off. xeekx

Since it's a comfy 72°, that won't happen. xsmiley_wix

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, stopping the run is what we do best. I can't wait to see what we can or can't do against Cuff.

Would not surprise me a bit to see us pass to set up the run. We've done it before, and Flacco can make it work. As stout as your D has been against the run, I'd be a little surprised to see us tee it up and keep coming straight at you from the whistle. If our OC thinks he can beat you consistently at the LOS, he'll do it, but I think that's pretty unlikely. Over the season, we've just been under 50-50 in run-pass (504-400) but that's misleading, as we went totally to the run pretty early in games that we had well in hand.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I think most Hen fans are 50-50 on this game - The New Hampshire result gives us hope
We know that if we bring our A game, we feel that we can take a shootout
(remember Navy)
if not, we know our season will be over, our D has dissapointed us this year and yes injuries have played a role, but having said that, we know they do have some playmakers (#4, #11, #9, and we need #99 to show up big time) this group is very capable of making big plays, and they will need too if we think were going to win
Flacco and Cuff - they give us alot of hope, you'll be hard pressed to down both of them
Dropped balls - yes, weve had too many - Flacco doesnt care about breaking receviers fingers,
will be very interesting to see Flacco in the Barndome - I jsut hope he's under control and keeps the ball down (he's a very calm, cool and collected type though)
prediction Delaware 49 - UNI 45

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know what day Delaware plans on traveling - I say why not leave Wednesday or Thursday

Put hells Bells on the Barndome PA system to simulate the noise we will be faced with and get a few practices in prior to Saturday
surprised this game was not the late game

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM
if we bring our A game, we feel that we can take a shootout (remember Navy) if not, we know our season will be over
xnodx EVERYONE needs their A game from here out. xnodx

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know what day Delaware plans on traveling - I say why not leave Wednesday or Thursday

I heard they leave Thursday at 5.

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Put hells Bells on the Barndome PA system to simulate the noise we will be faced with

Oh, you. xeyebrowx Why don't you ask your Wildcat friends that were there how loud the Dome is? Putting Hells Bells on the PA system isn't even close. xrulesx

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I just noticed that I think that UNI is allowing the fewest points per game (15.0) for them since 1992 (14.4). So while so many of us are focusing on the two offenses, perhaps it could be the D that wins this one. xeyebrowx

GannonFan
November 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Oh, you. xeyebrowx Why don't you ask your Wildcat friends that were there how loud the Dome is? Putting Hells Bells on the PA system isn't even close. xrulesx

Noise is just that, noise. Doesn't make the blocking or throwing the ball any harder. UNH had one false start in the game last weekend (incidentally the same number as UNI) - UNI won that game because they made more plays than UNH - they didn't win because it was loud.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM

but it might make us feel at home,

ok, how loud is it? nothing that some earplugs cant fix;)

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
I just noticed that I think that UNI is allowing the fewest points per game (15.0) for them since 1992 (14.4). So while so many of us are focusing on the two offenses, perhaps it could be the D that wins this one. xeyebrowx

Is the UNI defense better than Navy?

ah, yes sir

has the UNI Defense been faced with anything that resembles a 2HM?

ah, No sir

2HM = Two headed Monster (Flacco/Cuff)

Khan4Cats
November 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
xnodx EVERYONE needs their A game from here out. xnodx

That is the absolute truth.

I know Delaware fans may not believe it, but that was not UNI's A game by any means Saturday. I'm hoping it was a wake-up call for the team and the coaching staff.
My biggest concerns with this game are not so much the Blue Hens, as good as they are, it is with the Panthers themselves. There are some areas that need to be addressed internally before worrying about the visitors or there will be no 14th game.

#1) Kick coverage: We cannot have a breakdown on kick-off coverage and let a team score easily after we take a lead with a big drive like we did Saturday. It's not the first kick return for a TD against us, it needs to be the last. We have to find a way to make offenses drive the field on us, more chances for the D to make a play.

#2) Confidence in our field goal kicker: Both for him and for the team. He missed a pair of long ones Saturday (though one was questionable as to if it was good) made a short one. Coaches passed up two opportunities to kick FG's in the 4th quarter from intermediate length. Need to have the confidence the kid (RS Fr) can make 'em like he has during the season and let him add to the lead there.

#3) Play-calling: While I would have gone for the points in the situations in #2, I also worry that we get a little too tentative in our playcalling scheme when we have a lead. Keep attacking. Our playcalling when we were first and goal in the third was weak (two gut runs and then limited route pass play). Roll Sanders out, let him and his receivers make a connection.

#4) Punting: With two easy games and a shootout as our last three games, we haven't had to punt but a few times recently. (once Saturday, for 33 yards) This aspect needs to be sharp for when we need it.

Delaware is going to bring a talented football team with plenty of weapons to throw at us Saturday. UNI needs to make sure things are in order to be ready to take them on. Can't give them anything or they may finish the job that UNH was unable to.

TCisMYhero
November 26th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've been to Death Valley, Neyland, Kinnick, Jack Trice, among many other smaller stadiums, and I've never ever heard a place as loud as the dome was following that last catch. The fact that it's a metal roof, relatively small confines, and the fans right on top of the field (maybe 8 feet seperating the fans and the sideline) combine to make it extremely deafening. The "U-N-I" chant during the P.A.T. was pure gold, with every person in the place in unison, and that was the loudest I've ever heard that chant as well. The fans did a great job all game of being loud on 3rd and 4th downs, and most defensive series' 1st and 2nd downs as well.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Khan4Cats;766124]That is the absolute truth.

#1) Kick coverage: We cannot have a breakdown on kick-off coverage and let a team score easily after we take a lead with a big drive like we did Saturday. It's not the first kick return for a TD against us, it needs to be the last. We have to find a way to make offenses drive the field on us, more chances for the D to make a play.

Sorry to say, but Delaware has no big return threats on Kickoffs right now

Punt returner is more capable but no big returns this year that I remember - I am waiting for Aaron Love to bring one back to the house, he is due

Khan4Cats
November 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM
has the UNI Defense been faced with anything that resembles a 2HM?

ah, No sir

2HM = Two headed Monster (Flacco/Cuff)

Actually, yes we have. Southern Illinois doesn't have single back like Cuff (who does?) but they have a group of quality backs and a very good QB in Hill. (who, by the way has 4 INT's on the year, 3 came courtesy of UNI).

Hill got 400 yards, but their backs did nothing.

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
My biggest concerns with this game are not so much the Blue Hens, as good as they are, it is with the Panthers themselves.
That's OK, as long as IF the Hens win you don't say it was because Panthers actually lost the game. Nobody likes it when fans don't credit the other team, especially in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I just noticed that I think that UNI is allowing the fewest points per game (15.0) for them since 1992 (14.4). So while so many of us are focusing on the two offenses, perhaps it could be the D that wins this one.

UNI plays the run *extremely* well, but aren't one of the strongest teams we'll see against the pass.

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Kahn #102 is dead on.

Here is our punting the last 3 games. (To the best of my memory...)

Only 3 punts in last 3 games.

1 Punt against Indiana State blocked, returned to the 3 yard line.

1 Punt against SUU, bad snap punter recovered at like the 5 yard line.

1 Punt against UNH.. 33 yards.

UNH also started every drive around their 40 yard line, so Santos only had 60 yards to go each time.

Now if we only have to punt once next week.. I'll still take it. ;)

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry to say, but Delaware has no big return threats on Kickoffs right now

Punt returner is more capable but no big returns this year that I remember - I am waiting for Aaron Love to bring one back to the house, he is due

Eddie Conti, call your office! UD has just discovered that you have one more year of eligibility!!:D :p :D

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 01:41 PM
BTW, I know it was discussed a couple of years ago here, but is it the "U-N-I" dome or the "you knee" dome? I've always said the latter, but I think you guys may say the former? xeyebrowx :)

andy7171
November 26th, 2007, 01:45 PM
BTW, I know it was discussed a couple of years ago here, but is it the "U-N-I" dome or the "you knee" dome? I've always said the latter, but I think you guys may say the former? xeyebrowx :)

younee-dome

I remember.

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 01:46 PM
younee-dome

I remember.
Hey. You gonna wear blue and gold THIS week? xeyebrowx :p

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
The noise in the You-Knee-DOME....was handled well by Santos as he is a QB with lots of experience. Flacco should bring great composure as well. But anyone who thinks they can replicate it....especially when you don't have time outs...and you can't get the play in.....its humorous......

Advice: Don't let the play clock get below 5-10 seconds....need to be ready to snap the ball early in the play clock.....

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 02:08 PM
The noise in the You-Knee-DOME....was handled well by Santos as he is a QB with lots of experience. Flacco should bring great composure as well. But anyone who thinks they can replicate it....especially when you don't have time outs...and you can't get the play in.....its humorous......

Advice: Don't let the play clock get below 5-10 seconds....need to be ready to snap the ball early in the play clock.....

Actually, our plays come in thru a set of wildly gyrating and gesticulating backups on the sideline. If it's noisy, everybody looks.

They get the plays in, but it's still humorous.

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I have a question, Hen fans... Do you see your blowout win last week as an advantage, disadvantage, or neither in getting ready for this week?

Let me explain more.. for example, before the UNH game, we had two straight "easy" weeks against winless teams. Obviously it didn't hurt the offense.. and heck, Santos is such a stud it's hard to say if it had an effect on the D either...

Would you have wanted a tougher first round game to get ready, or does it not matter?

UDBlueLotFan
November 26th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Blowout. UD had just finished a killer schedule at Navy, JMU, UR, and at Nova. We needed a break mentally and physically. DSU let us rest our guys 2nd half after going up 44. Perfect timing.

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Blowout. UD had just finished a killer schedule at Navy, JMU, UR, and at Nova. We needed a break mentally and physically. DSU let us rest our guys 2nd half after going up 44. Perfect timing.

Couldn't agree more. Playing Friday helped, too, extra day of healing/rest for the nicked up and particularly with the extra day the coaches get with film.

JayJ79
November 26th, 2007, 02:29 PM
If it gets to 95° in the Dome, I don't care if they kick me out--I'm takin' my shirt off. xeekx

Since it's a comfy 72°, that won't happen. xsmiley_wix

I dunno, I think I saw igo4uni in the dome sabotaging the thermostat after he read your post :p

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I have a question, Hen fans... Do you see your blowout win last week as an advantage, disadvantage, or neither in getting ready for this week?
Advantage IMO. Much needed win after two losses and several reallllly tough games. I'd rather be going into UNI with some confidence. There's no chance however that the Hens will be over confident. xthumbsupx

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Holy crap.. that is a killer 4 game schedule. Had I known that before I wouldn't have even asked the question. :)

JayJ79
November 26th, 2007, 02:36 PM

alas, Santos & co. went and ruined our average. It was 13.18 going into the game, second only to Ohio State in all of D1.

Ah well, 14.4 isn't TOO bad.

panther2317
November 26th, 2007, 02:39 PM
If UNI feels that they can run on the Hens, I look for a game like WIU where UNI tries to dominate time of possession and keep Flacco on the bench watching UNI grind out first downs. I think Western Illinois only had 3 snaps in the 3rd quarter of that game.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
If UNI feels that they can run on the Hens, I look for a game like WIU where UNI tries to dominate time of possession and keep Flacco on the bench watching UNI grind out first downs. I think Western Illinois only had 3 snaps in the 3rd quarter of that game.

That's what I thought they'd try to do against UNH's weak D.xconfusedx

Oldhen
November 26th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Holy crap.. that is a killer 4 game schedule. Had I known that before I wouldn't have even asked the question. :)

These are those occasions when folks fail to recognize that quality FCS football is played across the whole USofA, not just in your own backyard.

panther2317
November 26th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Kind of like when UNI played @ South Dakota State, @ Iowa State, @ Illinois State and home vs. Southern Illinois in a 4-game stretch earlier this year.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Actually, yes we have. Southern Illinois doesn't have single back like Cuff (who does?) but they have a group of quality backs and a very good QB in Hill. (who, by the way has 4 INT's on the year, 3 came courtesy of UNI).

Hill got 400 yards, but their backs did nothing.

Yep, it was a great game plan. Still I don't hang the loss on our O; I think the biggest factors were no turnovers to our 4 and no penalty flags on UNI until a ways into the 4th quarter. Otherwise we played well enough to win and I don't think you can do it again, dome or not.:) I'm thinking that if you can't play ball a control a la WIU game, you'd better come up with a better pass rush real fast. xbeerchugx Here's to a rematch.

Barnstormer
November 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Kind of like when UNI played @ South Dakota State, @ Iowa State, @ Illinois State and home vs. Southern Illinois in a 4-game stretch earlier this year.

@Drake was between ISU and ISU. Turned out that was a blowout, but at the time they were undefeated and had an upset win at Ill. State, who at the time was rated highly.. But yeah, all those road games at the start of the year made me nervous.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Almost; your bye week was before the SIU game, iirc.

unigriff
November 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Almost; your bye week was before the SIU game, iirc.

and sanders still played injured!

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 03:04 PM
and sanders still played injured!

Played his ass off, too.xthumbsupx Dude is a stud.

panther2317
November 26th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Almost; your bye week was before the SIU game, iirc.I never said it was 4 straight weeks...I said 4 straight games. I may have missed the Drake game...sorry about that Dawg fans...but then I'd say 5 straight games as Drake was undefeated with a win over Illinois State at that time.

turfdoc
November 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I noticed on Friday that the UD QB actually was using a cadence (snap count) from the shotgun instead of the tradition foot raise. By the way that takes a talented center with big hands.

Is that just something that is done at home?

I couldn't imagine trying to hear a snap count on the road, much less in a dome, much less in a small dome with a metal roof?

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Played his ass off, too.xthumbsupx Dude is a stud.

You damn right!

I'd like to see any other team in all of FCS go on the road for four straight weeks and have an undefeated season. Huh? Huh? Yeah, I thought I didn't hear anything.

UNI Pike
November 26th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Played his ass off, too.Szymborska's Dude is a stud.

Not bad for a walk-on.

Curious, does DE have anyone with a similar story. I know that there are a number of transfers from FBS schools, but any walk-ons making an impact?

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Curious, does DE have anyone with a similar story. I know that there are a number of transfers from FBS schools, but any walk-ons making an impact?
Not a walk-on, but Omar Cuff was a DB converted to RB his first year. xeyebrowx

UDChE89
November 26th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Erik Johnson, brother of our 2003 star Shawn Johnson, is a former walk-on. So is our punter.

GannonFan
November 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Not bad for a walk-on.

Both the kicker and the punter are former walk-ons for Delaware, as is Delaware's starting center. The center, Hendricks, and the kicker, Striefsky, just made first team all-CAA this year. Could be more, those are just the ones I know off the top of my head.

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
So is our punter.
And PK. xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
November 26th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Because I am living through UD's season as the comeback kid from bad times (much like GSU) i'll say UD upsets with a late score 14 point win.

Go HENS!

(sorry cap'n)

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hmm...makes me think of the "Walk on from Waukon".

Rep points for a non-UNI fan that can tell me who it is!

UNI Pike
November 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
BTW - any converted soccer player does not count for the walk-on question. Soccer players should all be put to death with an overdose of orange slices and Sunny D.xthumbsupx

93BlueHen
November 26th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Well, couldn't have told you last week, but since I've been on your site researching since Friday...

"Once known as the "walk on from Waukon" when he wore a Panther football uniform, head coach Mark Farley has taken the UNI Panther football team to new heights."

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM

it wont work, our defense will give up a big play before you have to grind out anything

Mn_Moose
November 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM

First you'd need to explain what Waukon is. And rep points to anyone who can recall who first coined the phrase.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Omar Cuff, 38 carries against Del St

the ESPN announcer remarked that Cuff needed to be on the bench for the second half as the game was out of reach

I guess KC did not agree

he also had like 40 something carries against Richmond (5OT)

Mountain Panther
November 26th, 2007, 06:22 PM
First you'd need to explain what Waukon is. And rep points to anyone who can recall who first coined the phrase.

Waukon is a town in Iowa.

Stan Sheriff?

Purple For Life
November 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Waukon is a town in Iowa.

Stan Sheriff?

Man, these questions are getting to the caliber of the questions Gary asks for trivia on OPR!

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Nancy Justice?

Denny Remmert?

Bowlsby?

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Nancy Justice?

Denny Remmert?

Bowlsby?

Good Luck to the Panthers xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 08:09 PM
No, but did happen to UNI in 2003.....

East coast bias in the air traffic controllers union.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 08:10 PM

What do you mean...they came to Durham this year.

o25bigmac
November 26th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Nothern Iowa 49 Delaware 45

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 26th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Is this game going to on TV?

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Deleware 35 UNI 24

Logic = Deleware aint afraid of these games. They've been in em many o times. UNI can handle a great quarterback OR a great running back, but not both. Hen's D is one of the best, if not the best they've faced this year. Hen's are peaking now.

PM me if you're interested in a non monetary wager.xnodx

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Deleware 35 UNI 24

Logic = Deleware aint afraid of these games. They've been in em many o times. UNI can handle a great quarterback OR a great running back, but not both. Hen's D is one of the best, if not the best they've faced this year. Hen's are peaking now.

PM me if you're interested in a non monetary wager.xnodx

UNI has been in these games too, and has faced at least two defenses that were at least the equal of UD. That said, if you knock them off it's another home game for us if we upset UMass.

RadMann
November 26th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Hate to pick against UD, but this will be tough at UNI. I think it is UNI 33 UD 27.

WildcatFan
November 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Don't think Delaware will have a problem with the noise - they use crazy hand signals to call in the plays. Also - not sure how many of you have been to a game in Delaware. The noise level at Delaware bothered me more than in the Dome.

igo4uni
November 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
East coast bias in the air traffic controllers union.

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

:D :D :D :D

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
UNI has been in these games too, and has faced at least two defenses that were at least the equal of UD. That said, if you knock them off it's another home game for us if we upset UMass.

You guys will beat UMASS.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Don't think Delaware will have a problem with the noise - they use crazy hand signals to call in the plays. Also - not sure how many of you have been to a game in Delaware. The noise level at Delaware bothered me more than in the Dome.

wildcat, they had a few show up in Newark in 2003, they dont want to talk about it though

there thinking payback

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 08:36 PM

The students are back from break. It will be much louder. Trust me.

Houndawg
November 26th, 2007, 08:37 PM
You guys will beat UMASS.

I think so, but I'm a homer. CAA teams are tough.

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I think so, but I'm a homer. CAA teams are tough.

SIU is the best or second best team in the nation. UMASS will crumble after halftime. What concerns me is how the F you guys didn't demolish Eastern Ill.? Did you take your starters out or sumpin? Didn't see the game.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 08:42 PM
SIU is the best or second best team in the nation. UMASS will crumble after halftime. What concerns me is how the F you guys didn't demolish Eastern Ill.? Did you take your starters out or sumpin? Didn't see the game.

heard the same type of hype for the Gateway back in 03

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 08:46 PM
heard the same type of hype for the Gateway back in 03

Read my previous post where I picked the hens to beat UNI. No smack and much rspec for the CAA. Southern is a very tough team in my opinion.

If the game was played whereever the hell Umass plays, I might lean towards umass, maybe.

nmatsen
November 26th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Why is it that all of the hen fans have an inferiority complex? Seriously, I mean no smack but there is not one person on your website from UNI talking smack and there are a half dozen people from Del. over on Panther Nation that are the biggest loud mouth idiots I have ever seen. Even on here the number of posts about 2003 are all over the place. Live in the now man. We are 12-0, not 9-3 like in 03. You guys were better in 03, I can deal with it, move on!!!! You might be better in 07, we will find out on Saturday. The thing I don't get is that people refuse to even think that Del. might lose this weekend. Maybe, just maybe UNI might be better than Del. this year.

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Why is it that all of the hen fans have an inferiority complex? Seriously, I mean no smack but there is not one person on your website from UNI talking smack and there are a half dozen people from Del. over on Panther Nation that are the biggest loud mouth idiots I have ever seen. Even on here the number of posts about 2003 are all over the place. Live in the now man. We are 12-0, not 9-3 like in 03. You guys were better in 03, I can deal with it, move on!!!! You might be better in 07, we will find out on Saturday. The thing I don't get is that people refuse to even think that Del. might lose this weekend. Maybe, just maybe UNI might be better than Del. this year.

UNI is in some serious trouble Nick. As I said, they can handle a either a great QB or a great RB, but not both. Deleware played in a god awfully tough conference this year and the Gateway was weak and overrated cep fo UNI and SIU.

I just don't have a good feeling bout this one. And I'm always right.xnodx

Maroon&White
November 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I see UD winning with a score around 41-38. I would rather see UNI win, not because I have anything against UD (honest I don't), but I would rather go visit UNI (never been there) if UMass also won. Should be one of the great games saturday.

89Hen
November 26th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Why is it that all of the hen fans have an inferiority complex?... Even on here the number of posts about 2003 are all over the place. Live in the now man.
xconfusedx xsmhx I think you're confused.

Mountain Panther
November 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
And I'm always right.xnodx

Didn't you pick Montana to win the NC this year? And last year?

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Didn't you pick Montana to win the NC this year? And last year?

Yes, and the year before that - please visit those posts and you see why I picked them. A preemptive, you are welcome.

Black Magic.

Blue Hen Nation
November 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
UNI is in some serious trouble Nick. As I said, they can handle a either a great QB or a great RB, but not both. Deleware played in a god awfully tough conference this year and the Gateway was weak and overrated cep fo UNI and SIU.

Psy war ops....you tricky little UNI monkey. xbowx

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Read my previous post where I picked the hens to beat UNI. No smack and much rspec for the CAA. Southern is a very tough team in my opinion.

If the game was played whereever the hell Umass plays, I might lean towards umass, maybe.

I read your post,

I thought it was weird you were trumping S. Ill and pickin Delaware to win at the Barndome

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM

the idiots you are referring to is really just one guy with several usernames,
he goes by HG2007 and Bangorhen on gohens.net

if you read thru the post I think you will see the most Delaware fans are cautiously optimistic about our chances, We know it's not going to be like 2003 again

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Psy war ops....you tricky little UNI monkey. xbowx

Nope, I'm a realist. I possess the ability to set aside my emotions and see things as they are. I'm sure you agree with my logic. If UNI blew out UNH, I might be singing a different tune. Deleware is just like UNH, cept UD has a better quarterback, running back and defense.

Word.

Math.

crunifan
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Deleware is just like UNH, cept UD has a better quarterback, running back and defense.

I would agree with that except for the quarterback. I think because Santos doesn't have as good as company around him, yet still manages to carry the team show exactly how good of a quarterback he is.

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I would agree with that except for the quarterback. I think because Santos doesn't have as good as company around him, yet still manages to carry the team show exactly how good of a quarterback he is.

You'll be watching Flacco on Sundays. Santos will be holding PAT's for the Barcelona Dragons in NFL Europe, if it still exists.

RadMann
November 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
To be honest, the UD fans are visiting the UNI board because you're an opponent who actually has a message board with traffic! The CAA has a lot of really good football teams, but darn it is rare when UD meets another program with a similar sized fan base and decent message board. Please, take the post volume as a compliment!

Jaxhen
November 26th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Wow, I can't believe you guys are talking about UD's defense in a positive light. Our defense is definitely our achilles heel. UD will most likely have to play its best game of the year to win this one.

crunifan
November 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Wow, I can't believe you guys are talking about UD's defense in a positive light. Our defense is definitely our achilles heel. UD will most likely have to play its best game of the year to win this one.

Well, UNI's pass defense is definitely are biggest weakness. New Hampshire made that ever so apparent.

But, UNI has a great run defense that has stopped some great running backs (Scott Phaydavong and Herb Donaldson).

It will be a great game on Saturday. Both teams have the talent to win, it is just who comes in more prepared.

Blue Hen Nation
November 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Nope, I'm a realist. I possess the ability to set aside my emotions and see things as they are. I'm sure you agree with my logic. If UNI blew out UNH, I might be singing a different tune. Deleware is just like UNH, cept UD has a better quarterback, running back and defense.

Word.

Math.

I know, just having a little fun big dawg. With that said, I think this will be a game decided by a FG or TD. xnodx

Blue Hen Nation
November 26th, 2007, 10:24 PM
You'll be watching Flacco on Sundays. Santos will be holding PAT's for the Barcelona Dragons in NFL Europe, if it still exists.

Beautiful! xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx xthumbsupx xlolx xrotatehx

D1B
November 26th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I know, just having a little fun big dawg. With that said, I think this will be a game decided by a FG or TD. xnodx

You better hope not. UNI has a habit of winning those games. ;)

Herdman
November 27th, 2007, 10:10 PM
If Flacco and santos are shoe in's for the NFL, where does that mean Sanders?

pitpen
November 27th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Nothing.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 27th, 2007, 10:33 PM

Worst sandbag post I ever read. xlolx

..and spell Delaware right, dammit. xmadx :p

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Santos will be holding PAT's for the Barcelona Dragons in NFL Europe, if it still exists.

Sadly, no...NFL Europa folded earlier this year. xbawlingx

UDBlueLotFan
November 28th, 2007, 07:01 AM

American idol, or if that doesn't work out, North Hollywood is looking for a few good boys xeekx

Purple For Life
November 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
American idol, or if that doesn't work out, North Hollywood is looking for a few good boys xeekx

Are you posting those pics from your Photobucket account?? You sure seem to keep coming up with CA pics rather quickly...xchinscratchx

UDChE89
November 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM

Actually, I think you mean WEST Hollywood...

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Probably so, but it is easier to rise up and play over your head on Defense for a game than it is on Offense, I think. I also think that "the Streak" is not a positive for UNI right now as far as being a distraction, subconcious or otherwise.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM

Three TD victory margin isn't good enough?xconfusedx Why didn't UMass demolish Fordham? Why didn't UNI demolish UNH? It seems that lots of good teams struggle in the first round of the playoffs against teams they "should" hammer.

One of the funny things I've noticed about our D is that it looked like Eastern was having some success running the ball during the game, but afterwards it turns out that they only had 60 yds. rushing and 175 yds. total offense. That's happened in other games too, only WIU's Donaldson and SUU's QB have run for 100 yds. on us. Donaldson had 137, but only had 29 in the whole second half and ONE yard in the 4th qtr.

DeW
November 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM
If you're traveling from any distance away, or flying into Des Moines or Minneapolis, make sure you check the forecast. Right now (always subject to change in Iowa), they're calling for an 80% chance of snow on Saturday.

TV Availability has been released...

The game will be televised on ESPN Gameplan and on various local television stations.

For those individuals not in a market showing the game, contact your satellite or cable provider and inquire about the pay-per-view option ($21.95).

LOCAL TV CLEARANCES
Mediacom Connections (Des Moines, Iowa) - LIVE
Cedar Falls Utilities (Cedar Falls, Iowa) - LIVE
NW Iowa Telephone (Sioux City, Iowa) - LIVE
Iowa Network Servies (Des Moines, Iowa) - LIVE
Time Warner Rochester (Rochester, N.Y.) - LIVE
WHYY-TV (Philadelphia, Pa.) - LIVE
Cox Sports TV (Metairie, La.) - Tape Delayed
MASN (Baltimore, Mary.) - Tape Delayed

More information on the game is available at http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

Longhorn
November 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM

HENS STARTER....ALL CAA FIRST TEAM CENTER!

Not in 2007. Scott Lemn was the CAA 1st team center. :) Actually, the CAA all-leagues teams don't pick by position...so technically both Lemn and Henricks were selected first team, and both played C. Go figure.

bluehenbillk
November 29th, 2007, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;763516]

Not in 2007. Scott Lemn was the CAA 1st team center.

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=1322562

Longhorn, when they teach you how to read, you'll see the CAA doesn't list them by center, guard & tackle, but just labelled OL. Hendricks, our starting center & Mike Byrne, our starting OT were 1st-team CAA performers this year.

2009, haha.

LacesOut
November 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I wonder what the over/under would be on the number of punts in this game.

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;763516]

Not in 2007. Scott Lemn was the CAA 1st team center.

Shouldn't you be in a corner somewhere lamenting that your prediction of UD being in the toilet as a program for years to come failed to come true in the very first year after you made that statement????

As for Kheon Hendricks, he is a center and he is a 1st team all-CAA player. The CAA, on their selections, does not designate specific positions on the offensive line, they are all just "OL", so technically, both you and Mr. Chicken are right. Scott Lemn is a CAA 1st team center, and Kheon Hendricks is a CAA 1st team center as well. Since they are both juniors and will be back next year, maybe they can settle who's really the best center then.

Longhorn
November 29th, 2007, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Longhorn;771432]

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48484&SPID=4660&DB_OEM_ID=8500&ATCLID=1322562

Longhorn, when they teach you how to read, you'll see the CAA doesn't list them by center, guard & tackle, but just labelled OL. Hendricks, our starting center & Mike Byrne, our starting OT were 1st-team CAA performers this year.

2009, haha.

My post said just that, or is reading comprehension something they don't teach at UD? xsmiley_wix Helps to read an entire post before responding Blue buddy.

Good luck against UNI this week, the Hens will have to play a darn near perfect game to win.

Longhorn
November 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Longhorn;771432]

Shouldn't you be in a corner somewhere lamenting that your prediction of UD being in the toilet as a program for years to come failed to come true in the very first year after you made that statement????

As for Kheon Hendricks, he is a center and he is a 1st team all-CAA player. The CAA, on their selections, does not designate specific positions on the offensive line, they are all just "OL", so technically, both you and Mr. Chicken are right. Scott Lemn is a CAA 1st team center, and Kheon Hendricks is a CAA 1st team center as well. Since they are both juniors and will be back next year, maybe they can settle who's really the best center then.

Still feeling touchy about livin' on borrowed time I see. Good luck representing the CAA.

bluehenbillk
November 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=bluehenbillk;771467]

My post said just that, or is reading comprehension something they don't teach at UD? xsmiley_wix Helps to read an entire post before responding Blue buddy.

I'm glad you learned how to use the EDIT button. xthumbsupx

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I wonder what the over/under would be on the number of punts in this game.

0.5?

Ronin
November 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
That is the absolute truth.

I know Delaware fans may not believe it, but that was not UNI's A game by any means Saturday. I'm hoping it was a wake-up call for the team and the coaching staff.
My biggest concerns with this game are not so much the Blue Hens, as good as they are, it is with the Panthers themselves. There are some areas that need to be addressed internally before worrying about the visitors or there will be no 14th game.

#2) Confidence in our field goal kicker: Both for him and for the team. He missed a pair of long ones Saturday (though one was questionable as to if it was good) made a short one. Coaches passed up two opportunities to kick FG's in the 4th quarter from intermediate length. Need to have the confidence the kid (RS Fr) can make 'em like he has during the season and let him add to the lead there.

#3) Play-calling: While I would have gone for the points in the situations in #2, I also worry that we get a little too tentative in our playcalling scheme when we have a lead. Keep attacking. Our playcalling when we were first and goal in the third was weak (two gut runs and then limited route pass play). Roll Sanders out, let him and his receivers make a connection.

#4) Punting: With two easy games and a shootout as our last three games, we haven't had to punt but a few times recently. (once Saturday, for 33 yards) This aspect needs to be sharp for when we need it.

Delaware is going to bring a talented football team with plenty of weapons to throw at us Saturday. UNI needs to make sure things are in order to be ready to take them on. Can't give them anything or they may finish the job that UNH was unable to.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've noticed #3 has haunted us for several years and is true on both sides of the ball (O and D).

devilhen
November 29th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Obviously, I'm a Delaware fan, but I honestly think Delaware will win this game. Delaware's D is starting to click some & is a bit healthier than it has been since the Navy game.

The offense can be phenomenal. Flacco without wind is going to be hard to stop. Assuming our freshman lineman can fill in reasonably well for our starter (ligament tear last week), we should be able put up some points. Hopefully our center will not have any lingering effects from his injury last week, providing for a reasonable running game as well.

UNI will get points, no doubt - but I don't think they will get enough to keep up.

To me the deciding factor is how well our O-line can play against UNI's D-line.

Should be a great one.

Blue Hen Nation
November 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM
If you're traveling from any distance away, or flying into Des Moines or Minneapolis, make sure you check the forecast. Right now (always subject to change in Iowa), they're calling for an 80% chance of snow on Saturday.

TV Availability has been released...

The game will be televised on ESPN Gameplan and on various local television stations.

For those individuals not in a market showing the game, contact your satellite or cable provider and inquire about the pay-per-view option ($21.95).

LOCAL TV CLEARANCES
Mediacom Connections (Des Moines, Iowa) - LIVE
Cedar Falls Utilities (Cedar Falls, Iowa) - LIVE
NW Iowa Telephone (Sioux City, Iowa) - LIVE
Iowa Network Servies (Des Moines, Iowa) - LIVE
Time Warner Rochester (Rochester, N.Y.) - LIVE
WHYY-TV (Philadelphia, Pa.) - LIVE
Cox Sports TV (Metairie, La.) - Tape Delayed
MASN (Baltimore, Mary.) - Tape Delayed

More information on the game is available at http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

Thank God you play in a dome.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=Longhorn;771432]

Nick Couturier of UNH is also a Center.
I suppose if your going to put 2 QB on the 1st team you need more than one center.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Obviously, I'm a Delaware fan, but I honestly think Delaware will win this game. Delaware's D is starting to click some & is a bit healthier than it has been since the Navy game.

The offense can be phenomenal. Flacco without wind is going to be hard to stop. Assuming our freshman lineman can fill in reasonably well for our starter (ligament tear last week), we should be able put up some points. Hopefully our center will not have any lingering effects from his injury last week, providing for a reasonable running game as well.

UNI will get points, no doubt - but I don't think they will get enough to keep up.

To me the deciding factor is how well our O-line can play against UNI's D-line.

Should be a great one.

UNI doesn't seem to try to apply preasure with it's D line. They send a middle backer on occasion, but the D seem to be more read and react.

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 02:27 PM
UNI doesn't seem to try to apply preasure with it's D line. They send a middle backer on occasion, but the D seem to be more read and react.

It will be interesting to see if they change that philosophy against Delaware. I could see them not blitzing Santos because of the threat of him running, but to let Flacco sit back there in the pocket and throw lasers around the field has to be a recipe for disaster. If they don't pressure Flacco, they have to hope their own offense will be prolific just to outscore UD.

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM

If UNI wants to win they'd better watch Villanova game tape (blitz Blitz BLITZ) instead of Navy game tape ("didja get the number of the bus that just ran over me?")

GannonFan
November 29th, 2007, 03:11 PM
If UNI wants to win they'd better watch Villanova game tape (blitz Blitz BLITZ) instead of Navy game tape ("didja get the number of the bus that just ran over me?")

Navy did blitz, a lot actually. But there's a subtle difference between simply blitzing and getting to the QB with the blitz. Navy, alas, couldn't get to the QB nearly enough.

BlueHenBoy
November 29th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Flacco without wind is going to be hard to stop.

Is that what they were attributing his over thrown passes too? It looked like he was over adjusting for the wind and the ball would go over, (when he was throwing into the wind).

BlueHenBoy
November 29th, 2007, 03:28 PM
It will be interesting to see if they change that philosophy against Delaware. I could see them not blitzing Santos because of the threat of him running, but to let Flacco sit back there in the pocket and throw lasers around the field has to be a recipe for disaster. If they don't pressure Flacco, they have to hope their own offense will be prolific just to outscore UD.

Flacco will take on the blitz, bring it. I swear he is Hoodini, he buys so much time for himself back in the pocket, at least twice during the DSU game he had a DSU guy on his ankles and would deliver a perfect throw. Just wait, you'll see.

FightinBluHen51
November 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Throwing the football into the wind (or even with the wind) has to be one of the hardest things to do in sports next to hitting a 100 mph fast ball.

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Throwing the football into the wind (or even with the wind) has to be one of the hardest things to do in sports next to catching a 100 mph fast ball thrown in said wind.
Fixed it for you...

DeW
November 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
This announcement just went out....

Saturday playoff game sold out
Saturday's Football Championship Series quarter-final game against The University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens is sold out. There were no returned tickets from the University of Delaware.

It's been a long week here, trying to get tickets. It's understandable, however, when we had more than 15,000 calls in the first few hours of Monday morning to the ticket office. That's a demand that rarely comes up, and would tax most systems to the limit.

Game and travel info at http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 05:42 PM
This announcement just went out....

Saturday playoff game sold out
Saturday's Football Championship Series quarter-final game against The University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens is sold out. There were no returned tickets from the University of Delaware.

It's been a long week here, trying to get tickets. It's understandable, however, when we had more than 15,000 calls in the first few hours of Monday morning to the ticket office. That's a demand that rarely comes up, and would tax most systems to the limit.

Game and travel info at http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

Refreshing to see such great fan support for the last game of the season!

Purple For Life
November 29th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Refreshing to see such great fan support for the last game of the season!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I just fell on the floor laughing. Last game, indeed.

89Hen
November 29th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I just fell on the floor laughing. Last game, indeed.
It is for somebody. UNI sold all their tickets. UD sold all of theirs. xpeacex

Purple For Life
November 29th, 2007, 07:39 PM
It is for somebody. UNI sold all their tickets. UD sold all of theirs. xpeacex

It's gonna be jammed in the Dome once again! Oh, you chickens are in for a surprise...!

Ud1Hens
November 29th, 2007, 07:49 PM
It's gonna be jammed in the Dome once again! Oh, you chickens are in for a surprise...!

So they'll be playing in front of 5-6,000 less fans they play in front of every week and 19,000 less fans than they played in front of at Navy...Where's the surprise? I understand it is going to be loud inside but you are acting like they have never played in front of a lot of people before.

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
The good part is, I want the UNI fans to scream as loud as they want the entire game. The UD offense has it covered. When Joe starts completing passes left and right please continue to yell and scream. i'ts all in good fun.

Purple For Life
November 29th, 2007, 08:04 PM
You have no idea. No. Idea. It is louder that you can imagine or simulate it.

Ud1Hens
November 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM

Ok I have no idea...No. Idea.

89Hen
November 29th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I guess you've never lost a game there. xcoffeex

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM
All 16K scream all game. Again it has no bearing on Joe or anyone on the offense. we signal plays in and the count is on a cadance. UD could play a perfect offense at the loudest concert you could possibly hear.

Go for it. The offense will actually be laughing.

UNIFanSince1983
November 29th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Ok Navy gives up 40 points to everyone. So you guys scoring alot on them is not terribly surprising.

I really don't think you guys are giving UNI's defense enough credit. I know we haven't played your caliber of offense this year except for New Hampshire, but do not underestimate the number 3 scoring defense in the nation.

As for the dome, I have no doubt it won't affect you guys as much as some of these people are saying. It is loud, but there is louder.

skinny_uncle
November 29th, 2007, 08:32 PM
All 16K scream all game. Again it has no bearing on Joe or anyone on the offense. we signal plays in and the count is on a cadance. UD could play a perfect offense at the loudest concert you could possibly hear.

Go for it. The offense will actually be laughing.
Just don't try any audibles.
xeekx

Ud1Hens
November 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Just don't try any audibles.
xeekx

And when they do, the stand, turn towards the sidelines and see what the new signals are.

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM
KC has it covered, he has had the UNH coaching staff on speed dial all week.

BTW we call audibles on almost every play, but again it will be signaled in.

the sound will be great though. Crank it up !!! FCS are the best!!!

BlueHenBoy
November 29th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Ok Navy gives up 40 points to everyone. So you guys scoring alot on them is not terribly surprising.

I really don't think you guys are giving UNI's defense enough credit. I know we haven't played your caliber of offense this year except for New Hampshire, but do not underestimate the number 3 scoring defense in the nation.

As for the dome, I have no doubt it won't affect you guys as much as some of these people are saying. It is loud, but there is louder.

He's not saying that UNI isn't good, he's saying that all 15,000 or so of you UNI fans aren't going to be able to phase Joe Flacc and the mighty Delaware offense. There nothing like the sound of 15,000 stunned people, sitting in silence.xeekx :( That is assuming that at least 15,000 UNI fans will stay around for the 4th quarter. xthumbsupx

Only joking.............................. but seriously.

93BlueHen
November 29th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Ok Navy gives up 40 points to everyone.
Except for four of the teams they played this year.xnonono2x

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 08:50 PM

Statistically (yards and points allowed) Del State had one of the top defenses in the nation too...

bcrawf
November 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM
There is exactly ONE team that I have ever seen that hasn't been affected by the noise and that is SIU, and a great reason for that is because they play here every other year.

UD will be affected, it may not stick out, but a blown timeout here, a false start there and a blown route here... UD won't make huge mistakes, but the little ones will add up...

bcrawf
November 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Statistically (yards and points allowed) Del State had one of the top defenses in the nation too...

Delaware State plays in the MEAC...xcoffeex

Henny
November 29th, 2007, 09:11 PM
can't wait for all the yelling and screaming. Lets see if it make a difference.
The teams are equal but with UD's offense in a dome is like a dream come true.

Can't wait

Rob Iola
November 29th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Delaware State plays in the MEAC...xcoffeex

Yeah - kinda like the Gateway only with black players...

bcrawf
November 29th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ahh, then the race card comes out. Nothing like you UD fans...

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ahh, then the race card comes out. Nothing like you UD fans...
what...the mere mention of black players gets you the race cardxnonox xnonox xnonox

bcrawf
November 29th, 2007, 09:52 PM
It was implied that the Gateway has no black players, that's just ignorant...

UNIFanSince1983
November 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
It is really no use even trying to talk smart sensible football with the Delaware fans since they are so biased towards their own team they can't even think that another team in the nation could be nearly as good as them.

That makes sense your team is very good, but you just don't talk with any sort of ration or sense when you try and talk football. With the way you guys are talking it sounds like you think Delaware would walk all over LSU.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM
It was implied that the Gateway has no black players, that's just ignorant...

no, I think what he said was the Gateway is not that good, kind of like he MEAC

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah - kinda like the Gateway only with black players...

There aren't black players in the Gateway?

pitpen
November 29th, 2007, 10:54 PM
no, I think what he said was the Gateway is not that good, kind of like he MEAC

Don't talk sense to fools.

Rob Iola
November 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
OK, I'll get serious - all last week we heard about the vaunted DSU defense and their PPG and YPG numbers. This week we're hearing the same thing about the vaunted UNI defense. So I'm trying to figure out the difference, and all I get is that the Gateway conference is somehow better than the MEAC - I'll buy that, but by how much and in what quantifiable way? After UNI gave up barely 10 ppg UNH comes in and hangs 35 on them - so what statistic are we supposed to respect?

Look, the only thing that's stopped UD's offense this year other than UD's offense (1st half at UNH, 5th OT against Richmond) was Nova's mob defense with no down linemen (coupled with a severe case of the dropsies). If Farley's willing to try that you might be able to confuse UD's linemen, but now that they've seen it they'll be ready for it.

Let's stipulate that the noise level in your dome is so high that Flacco can't be heard - either audibles or snap count. UD goes on hand signals and cadence, signaled in from the sideline. You'll see the typical no huddle spread offense, with most plays signalled in after the initial set. Basic run/pass decision signalled in based on LB/FS placement, with Flacco looking to his TE if he's being covered by an LB or safety. Cuff will get his yards if you go 6 in the box, Flacco will disect you if you go 7 or 8 in the box, and you'll see a variety of screens if you go blitz crazy. It's a machine that in game after game has strung together multiple scoring drives (8 in a row at Navy). Basically your only hope on D is for early turnovers or UD coming out flat - but the intensity of your crowd will actually work against you in that regard.

devilhen
November 30th, 2007, 07:51 AM

Navy gave up 40 or more in regulation 5 times. However, we didn't score 40, we scored about 50% more than that - 59 in regulation. Rutgers scored 41, Wake Forest scored 44, Notre Dame scored 28 in regulation. If you played Navy's schedule your defense wouldn't look so good either. xpeacex

89 Panther
November 30th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Never before have I witnessed such rude and obnoxious fans than the Delaware fans have been so far this week. Until this week my least favorite fans were Montana fans, but Delaware fans take the cake and by a large margin have taken the lead.

I rarely post on any board. Ussually I read and am amused and occasionally educated from the back and forth threads. Having read the threads on AGS and Panther Nation I am amazed at the lack of class UD fans have shown. Both teams are good and either may win depending on the day. Last week and during the year I always look forward to meeting fans of the opposing teams. This week is the exception. UD fans will be treated well by UNI and midwestern fans because that is our nature, but in the rare case you are not you have only yourselves to blame for the poor treatment. UNH fans were polite, well spoken and educated football fans and were treated as such. UD fans appear to be much different. Never have I wanted the UNI football team to beat another as I do this week. My hope is some of the posts from the threads make it to the players locker to serve as inspiration.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I don't think UD will see much blitzing on Saturday.

Teams that had success against UNH's O this season did it with the blitz, sending 6. Usually a corner and a backer or another combination to apply preasure.

I know the UNI coaches had to see this on film but still chose not to blitz.

That tells me that a) they don't blitz much in general (perhaps a UNI fan whos seen them all season can conferm this) or b) they felt they could apply enough preassure with the down linemen.

If they felt going in they didn't have to blitz I think they'd have started to if it was their nature as the game went on.

Blue Hen Nation
November 30th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Never before have I witnessed such rude and obnoxious fans than the Delaware fans have been so far this week. Until this week my least favorite fans were Montana fans, but Delaware fans take the cake and by a large margin have taken the lead.

I rarely post on any board. Ussually I read and am amused and occasionally educated from the back and forth threads. Having read the threads on AGS and Panther Nation I am amazed at the lack of class UD fans have shown. Both teams are good and either may win depending on the day. Last week and during the year I always look forward to meeting fans of the opposing teams. This week is the exception. UD fans will be treated well by UNI and midwestern fans because that is our nature, but in the rare case you are not you have only yourselves to blame for the poor treatment. UNH fans were polite, well spoken and educated football fans and were treated as such. UD fans appear to be much different. Never have I wanted the UNI football team to beat another as I do this week. My hope is some of the posts from the threads make it to the players locker to serve as inspiration.

Buck up little camper.

UDBlueLotFan
November 30th, 2007, 08:45 AM
[QUOTE=89 Panther;772818]Never before have I witnessed such rude and obnoxious fans than the Delaware fans have been so far this week. Until this week my least favorite fans were Montana fans, but Delaware fans take the cake and by a large margin have taken the lead.

I rarely post on any board. Ussually I read and am amused and occasionally educated from the back and forth threads. Having read the threads on AGS and Panther Nation I am amazed at the lack of class UD fans have shown. Both teams are good and either may win depending on the day.

Well, no ***** sherlockxeyebrowx You've been hanging in South Bend too long and those soft-Irish fans are starting to muddy your brain xsmhx If you can't take smack talk, don't read it. You're taking this waay to seriousxconfusedx