PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington @ Appalachian St

Pages : [1] 2

EdubAlum
November 24th, 2007, 09:45 PM
win or lose, the possibility of this game has excited me all season. What are everyone's thoughts?

appstate38
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM
You guys need to get an early flight. That is a long trip. Don't want any jet lag for you.

SouthernEagle02
November 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Wish it were the GS Eagles, but go in there to KBS and take care of business. Light up that secondary like ya'll did tonight with McNeese tonight and a "W" could very well happen. (Yeah, I know App is a SoCon team but I really don't want them to win a third one in three years) Should be an excellent ball game.

Appguy
November 24th, 2007, 09:52 PM
im confident, as long as they don't run some form of the option!

EdubAlum
November 24th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I can't wait to tailgate with ya'll

appsfan
November 24th, 2007, 09:56 PM
You guys sound scary good. I listened to the 4th quarter on the McNeese State's webcast and it sounded like you beat them into submission. I think we had our wake up call today and your blowout win should sound an alarm for us to bring our A game Saturday.

Mountaineer
November 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I think the Eagles have an excellent chance of coming into KBS and walking away with a win next Saturday. xbawlingx xnodx

We've got a week to find a defense though, so anything's possible. xthumbsupx

appman111
November 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Does EWU run a lot? Do they have a mobile QB?

MSU_77
November 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM
A word of advice to App State: Don't give the kid time to throw!!

What is he, a sophomore?

APPsolute Champion
November 24th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Yes and No.

APPsolute Champion
November 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Does EWU run a lot? Do they have a mobile QB?

Yes and No, not as mobile as some ASU has played.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
A word of advice to App State: Don't give the kid time to throw!!

What is he, a sophomore?

Yep. :D

Two more years of domination. Most of our WRs are sophmores, and Dale Morris our RB is a junior. If we don't get our 1st NC this year, we better get it in the next two years.

thmst30
November 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM

Two more years of domination. Most of our WRs are sophmores, and Dale Morris our RB is a junior. If we don't get our 1st NC this year, we better get it in the next two years.
Damn, I'd say.

ab4app
November 24th, 2007, 10:32 PM
man, yall put it on those cowboysxbowx , congratsxbowx, I am really looking forward to next weeks game. I think your team presents another huge challenge for my Apps. I hate that yall have to travel so far this week and next. I really wish I could make it to the game, theres no place like boone in the fall for football, but I am stuck in Baltimore. Any who, good luck to yall, looking forward to a good thread this week and a great gamexnodx Go APPSxnodx

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 10:35 PM
i hope ewu throws a lot bc we can stop a passing game but anyone can run all over us...

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
would love to meet any ewu fans that are actually able to make the trip... hope to see some of you over here... not as many as jmu though...

MSU_77
November 24th, 2007, 10:38 PM
i hope ewu throws a lot bc we can stop a passing game but anyone can run all over us...

Be careful what you wish for. McNeese could have made the same statement before tonight. We've been better on pass defense than run defense, but this kid just shredded our secondary.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 24th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Why do App. fans keep beating themselves up about their defense? You guys played in the best offensive conference in the FCS and today you played a good offense (most of the teams on JMU's schedule didn't hold them to less than 27).

APPride
November 24th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Why do App. fans keep beating themselves up about their defense? You guys played in the best offensive conference in the FCS and today you played a good offense (most of the teams on JMU's schedule didn't hold them to less than 27).

I know, right? focus on finding another way to win...I'd say 4 sure the D stepped up twice today when they had to! (27 points allowed ain't THAT bad) (when you score 28)...

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2007, 10:45 PM
This should be an entertaining game.

I'm guessing this will be a lower scoring game than most people think. The Eagles are more of a passing team & the Mountaineers defend the pass well, at least statistically. However (correct me if I'm wrong, Eagle fans), EWU runs the 4-2-5 defense & that should be effective at slowing a spread option attack. Northern Arizona ran a spread-option this year (with a little more passing than Appalachian), & Eastern throttled them, though NAU's lack of defense had something to do with that.

App St. will probably win because of the home field, but it should be close.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM
This should be an entertaining game.

I'm guessing this will be a lower scoring game than most people think. The Eagles are more of a passing team & the Mountaineers defend the pass well, at least statistically. However (correct me if I'm wrong, Eagle fans), EWU runs the 4-2-5 defense & that should be effective at slowing a spread option attack. Northern Arizona ran a spread-option this year (with a little more passing than Appalachian), & Eastern throttled them, though NAU's lack of defense had something to do with that.

App St. will probably win because of the home field, but it should be close.

After tonight's game in "The Hole" home-field advantage means jack to our players. The only thing that matters is how they play!

UNI Pike
November 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
FYI - it is gone now, but for a while the ncaasports.com site had McNeese State advancing in the offical bracket. I had to reload the page, and then lost it.

Conspiracy....? xchinscratchx

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 11:20 PM
This should be a really good game between two good programs.

Appalachian State, congrats on your win versus James Madison, and Eastern Washington, congrats on beating McNeese State.

B&G
November 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM
I think EWU is on fire right now but the teams they have beaten during that streak are not comparable with ASU. They throttled McNeese but there were many who questioned just how good the Cowboys were anyway. There's some serious mojo at KBS that affects other teams. The JMU game was proof of that. It will be a brawl but if you are expecting to roll over App like you did to McNeese, then you will be sorely disappointed. One aspect of ASU's game that gets overlooked is the OL play. They have been top notch. This game will probably come down to turnovers and special teams. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes in those two aspects will win the game.

Griz40
November 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I think EWU is on fire right now but the teams they have beaten during that streak are not comparable with ASU. They throttled McNeese but there were many who questioned just how good the Cowboys were anyway. There's some serious mojo at KBS that affects other teams. The JMU game was proof of that. It will be a brawl but if you are expecting to roll over App like you did to McNeese, then you will be sorely disappointed. One aspect of ASU's game that gets overlooked is the OL play. They have been top notch. This game will probably come down to turnovers and special teams. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes in those two aspects will win the game.

Oh dude...don't worry...McNeese had a weak SOS and to top it off EWU is from the big fluff. The fact that they lost to Montana was a fluke.....and EWU should count themselves lucky to have to play you guys after the showing you put on today. You will roll on them....it is as good as done.

ASU
November 24th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Wish it were the GS Eagles, but go in there to KBS and take care of business. Light up that secondary like ya'll did tonight with McNeese tonight and a "W" could very well happen. (Yeah, I know App is a SoCon team but I really don't want them to win a third one in three years) Should be an excellent ball game.

Guess I wasted all those times I have pulled for GSU.....and felt really bad that they didn't get in the playoffs. Great way to support your conference.xnonox

BigApp
November 24th, 2007, 11:39 PM
If we don't get our 1st NC this year, we better get it in the next two years.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

and what happens if you don't get it in the next 2 years? xeyebrowx

BigApp
November 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM

I'm with you on this one FpF...

feb18blacksunday
November 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Our defense played its heart out today. Lucky to win. Another long pass play at the end that needs to be prevented.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I can't wait to tailgate with ya'll

I cant wait to have you!! my glorious plan for home games is working out wonderfullyxnodx :D

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM

ha that sounds a lot like a quarterback we have...i dont know maybe youve heard of him.....xcoffeex

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
After tonight's game in "The Hole" home-field advantage means jack to our players. The only thing that matters is how they play!

never been to the rock i take it?xoopsx
ha it might not matter, but it has been known to matter in past...guess we'll have to see...im just glad i get to go to possibly, and i said possibly 2 more games at home

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Our defense played its heart out today. Lucky to win. Another long pass play at the end that needs to be prevented.
Unfortunatly for us that is what EWU is bringing in spades. But we do have a fairly good pass rush. We'll soon find out play ball.xthumbsupx

feb18blacksunday
November 25th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Elon threw it around on us too. We overcame that too. I'm so excited that I can't wait till Saturday.

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 12:20 AM
never been to the rock i take it?xoopsx
ha it might not matter, but it has been known to matter in past...guess we'll have to see...im just glad i get to go to possibly, and i said possibly 2 more games at home

Well............no they haven't. I think they got a good idea of a large hostile crowd when they play in Missoula on a regular basis. You can throw your argument out the window there on that one.
In all honesty this could be a good game if EWU's defense shows up.

B&G
November 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
All of the little intangible things that sportscasters like to talk about are in ASU's favor. EWU is travelling cross country for the 2nd week in a row. ASU has the edge in playoff experience. ASU is winning ugly right now but Ohio State won a Nat'l Championship a few years ago by winning ugly. Yadda yadda yadda. I know this App team has lost a couple of games but both of them were close. I know ASU doesn't lose their cool in close games but snce EWU rolled McNeese, I really don't know how they would perform if it is a nailbiter.

Hopefully Kevin Richardson is healthy next week. That would increase our odds.

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 01:03 AM
All of the little intangible things that sportscasters like to talk about are in ASU's favor. EWU is travelling cross country for the 2nd week in a row. ASU has the edge in playoff experience. ASU is winning ugly right now but Ohio State won a Nat'l Championship a few years ago by winning ugly. Yadda yadda yadda. I know this App team has lost a couple of games but both of them were close. I know ASU doesn't lose their cool in close games but snce EWU rolled McNeese, I really don't know how they would perform if it is a nailbiter.

Hopefully Kevin Richardson is healthy next week. That would increase our odds.
I am looking forward to this being a better game than the bob@#$$ies put up against you last year. EWU will give you a fight. Regardless, I think you guys are the team to beat. I think todays game proved that in my mind (although I was surprised it was as close as it was).
This is not a knock against your post but the BSC is weak....you have nothing to worry about. xsmiley_wix

B&G
November 25th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I am looking forward to this being a better game than the bob@#$$ies put up against you last year. EWU will give you a fight. Regardless, I think you guys are the team to beat. I think todays game proved that in my mind (although I was surprised it was as close as it was).
This is not a knock against your post but the BSC is weak....you have nothing to worry about. xsmiley_wix

Fortunately the coaching staff and the close call against JMU means that App's players aren't going to buy into EWU being weak. I can't speak on the Eagles being more competitive than the Bobcats but hopefully they'll have more class than the Bobcats exhibited.

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Fortunately the coaching staff and the close call against JMU means that App's players aren't going to buy into EWU being weak. I can't speak on the Eagles being more competitive than the Bobcats but hopefully they'll have more class than the Bobcats exhibited.
Well, that goes without saying that you will get a better class opponent. When it comes to class, MSU is the bottom of the Big Sky. (as much as they try to tell you they aren't, you guys experienced it firsthand last year and know what I mean) Everyone out east may not have a lot of respect for the Big Sky as a conference but in the playoffs...we come to play. Good luck next week.

appstate1998
November 25th, 2007, 04:24 AM
I am hoping to make it up the Mountain for this one. Hadn't missed a home game since 97 til this year :( ...by the way...the only complaint I had about our defense, (and this is watching it on tv, not in person), was that instead of tackling...a lot of times the guys were grabbing for the ball and trying to rip it out.

Not saying its bad to try to strip it, but there was one play in the fourth the JMU guy kept rushing for about 10 extra yards with two app guys on him. One of those guys only had his hands around the JMU players hands.

Good luck to EWU and App. Tailgating can be a blast if any EWU fans make it out. Not sure if they are allowing it this year, but my favorite place to tailgate and usually the friendliest fans has always been on top of the Parking Deck on rivers street. Good food, good beer and good fun.

EdubAlum
November 25th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I am hoping to make it up the Mountain for this one. Hadn't missed a home game since 97 til this year :( ...by the way...the only complaint I had about our defense, (and this is watching it on tv, not in person), was that instead of tackling...a lot of times the guys were grabbing for the ball and trying to rip it out.

Not saying its bad to try to strip it, but there was one play in the fourth the JMU guy kept rushing for about 10 extra yards with two app guys on him. One of those guys only had his hands around the JMU players hands.

Good luck to EWU and App. Tailgating can be a blast if any EWU fans make it out. Not sure if they are allowing it this year, but my favorite place to tailgate and usually the friendliest fans has always been on top of the Parking Deck on rivers street. Good food, good beer and good fun.

count me in!

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2007, 06:19 AM

GREAT QUESTION! I have been asking myself the same thing. And the answer must be that we have been SSOOOOOOOOOO spoiled in the past with GREAT defenses that routinely hold teams to under 100 yds. per game, that when we don't, we think our D stinks.

The fact is that the spread offenses run by almost all SoCon teams is a challenge for even a great D. Further, to quote Lou Holtz, ASU knows how to win.

And, let me point out that in the end, ASU's finally won the game vs. JMU with that forced fumble on the 9 yd. line. I think the ASU Defense deserves a lot more credit than many posters are dishing out.

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Oh dude...don't worry...McNeese had a weak SOS and to top it off EWU is from the big fluff. The fact that they lost to Montana was a fluke.....and EWU should count themselves lucky to have to play you guys after the showing you put on today. You will roll on them....it is as good as done.

Oh, stop it. I have not heard one poster say anything about EWU's SOS, nor any derogatory comments about the big fluffy sky conference. However, now that you mention it, it does appear a team's SOS is important. 'Ya think?

For my part, EWU has a LONG way to travel. I hope the game time is in the mid-to-late afternoon on Saturday. Better tailgating. Good luck to EWU and all their fans.

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 06:50 AM
This is the playoffs... We're down to the last eight. At this point, it doesn't matter who you are or what conference you came from - we're all good. I for one am looking forward to a great game! xnodx xnodx

EWU - Welcome to the Rock!!! xthumbsupx

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 07:15 AM
GREAT QUESTION! I have been asking myself the same thing. And the answer must be that we have been SSOOOOOOOOOO spoiled in the past with GREAT defenses that routinely hold teams to under 100 yds. per game, that when we don't, we think our D stinks.

The fact is that the spread offenses run by almost all SoCon teams is a challenge for even a great D. Further, to quote Lou Holtz, ASU knows how to win.

And, let me point out that in the end, ASU's finally won the game vs. JMU with that forced fumble on the 9 yd. line. I think the ASU Defense deserves a lot more credit than many posters are dishing out.

Maybe some of it has to do with fundamentals than with the final stats... Like tackling v/s going for the ball. Our run defense could be a significantly better if we had 50% less missed tackles... Every game this season, the missed tackles were in the double digits - even the coaching staff has highlighted this is an area that perplexes them (especially at the line). It has been easy for us (fans) to 'excuse' it away with a young D-line, but many of these have been by the D-backs as well. Even during the bye week, the coaches spet time on fundamentals/tackling to refresh everyone's mindset as it was considered such a 'weakness'...

I agree with you 100% - In no way do I believe our D stinks. It can't - not standing as one of the last eight. Given our O compesates for a lot, but they definitely stepped up huge when they needed to against an incredible JMU team yesterday. I just hope they continue to improve going into next week at The Rock and keep working on wrapping up! xthumbsupx EWU can play!!

asu70
November 25th, 2007, 07:44 AM

I don't think that most App fans that saw the NAU game have been talking down the Big Sky. That was a good game and got a little out of hand at the end. EWU will be a great challenge for our team......we better bring our A game or pack our gear for the year!

boonegoon
November 25th, 2007, 07:44 AM
<quote>Maybe some of it has to do with fundamentals than with the final stats... Like tackling v/s going for the ball. Our run defense could be a significantly better if we had 50% less missed tackles... Every game this season, the missed tackles were in the double digits - even the coaching staff has highlighted this is an area that perplexes them (especially at the line). It has been easy for us (fans) to 'excuse' it away with a young D-line, but many of these have been by the D-backs as well. Even during the bye week, the coaches spet time on fundamentals/tackling to refresh everyone's mindset as it was considered such a 'weakness'<quote>

Poor tackling was huge yesterday. Even the great Corey Lynch, who had the back in the backfield didn't wrap up and JMU got another first down. I'm just glad our O is quick scoring.

back2back
November 25th, 2007, 07:52 AM

S_E,

You beat a team from the Southland, not the the SOCON. See you in Boone at the ROCK!

rjg129
November 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
The missed tackles yesterday played a big part in the game. Fewer missed tackles on all three levels of the defense and the game would have been quite different. JMU held onto the ball for 40min and had over 400 yards of total offense. I dont remember JMU going 3 and out at all during the game.

But im looking forward to being back at The Rock this coming saturday. Hopefully, some of the EWU fans will come cross-country to experience some of our Southern Hospitality

Appstnole21
November 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Does anybody know when they are going to announce game time?

Appaholic
November 25th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Guess I wasted all those times I have pulled for GSU.....and felt really bad that they didn't get in the playoffs. Great way to support your conference.xnonox

You expect more from a GSU fan??? xsmhx

Tod
November 25th, 2007, 08:49 AM
This is the playoffs... We're down to the last eight. At this point, it doesn't matter who you are or what conference you came from - we're all good. I for one welcome our Eagle overlords! xnodx xnodx

EWU - Welcome to the Rock!!! xthumbsupx

Fixed it for ya! ;)

ab4app
November 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM
EWU is gonna present a huge challenge for our team. You can through all of the little things out of the window like traveling and sos and all that crap, obviously traveling doesnt bother this team at all. I have not read anything about their qb but to me he sounds like scott riddle from elon. He gave us enough trouble, along with those kick returns that game was way closer than anyone wanted it to be and given a few different bounces of the ball it could have been totally different. With all that being said, I think the apps produce the same kind of problems for ewu. This should be a brawl, looking forward to this game fo sho. Safe travels to all of yall EWU fans making the trek, Wish I could come tailgate with yall but I am stuck at work this weekend. GO APPSxnodx

By the way, what a great game yall played against those cowboysxbowx
SCARY GOODxeekx

ncguitarplyr
November 25th, 2007, 09:34 AM
How about an injury report...what are the key injuries on both sides of the ball

TheKDL
November 25th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Why not? Are you mad b/c you won it back to back three times and never could get the third? You know I gotta talk smack to ya man your GA Southern, nothing against you for that either!xpeacex

EdubAlum
November 25th, 2007, 10:12 AM
anyone have any ideas when tickets will be available? I'M COMING TO NORTH CAROLINA!

mtnman
November 25th, 2007, 10:16 AM
i had to go to the office and do some work saturday morning,at 5;30am there was some people out tailgating on rivers st.now those people are real app fans oh and the temp was about 18.

TheKDL
November 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
anyone have any ideas when tickets will be available? I'M COMING TO NORTH CAROLINA!

Usually sometime sunday night or monday morning.

I'm trying to look online but the site is down. xoopsx

EdubAlum
November 25th, 2007, 10:27 AM
what's the story with lodging...i currently have a room at the best western, is that an okay place to crash? another place i should try? anyone know where the visiting teams usually stay?

TheKDL
November 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
what's the story with lodging...i currently have a room at the best western, is that an okay place to crash? another place i should try? anyone know where the visiting teams usually stay?

yeah you should be ok at the Best Western, if i'm not mistaken its pretty close to campus.. not walking distance but like half a mile or so. I sent you a private message too.

If your brave you can try to get a room at the Broyhill Inn and Conference Center, its a campus run hotel with pretty good service from what I hear.

http://www.broyhillinn.com/

gvilleapp
November 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I think we are spoiled after watching the dominant defenses of the '05 and '06 teams. We really miss the pass rush that we got from our outstanding DE's Hunter and Murrell and the strong steady play of our defensive tackles to clog up the opponents run game.
Also, you have a great point that the SoCon offenses are just flat out better this year and it was not logical for us to think we could dominate like we did the last two years.

mtoliver
November 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Yeah... the DL was banged up but hung in there, and for the record Touchstone(starting CB) never got on the field... #3 was tearing us up yesterday and we had a second stringer covering him... we need to do some HEALING this week.. if we can get Touchstone back for Sat, our pass D should be good to go.

I've heard a lot about EWU having exceptional OL and DE's. We had a tough time pressuring the QB from JMU... and i've got a feeling EWU's QB is gonna have to hit the ground a few times for us to be in really good position in this game... gonna be a tough one @KBS, but at least it IS @KBS

Applete
November 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM
<quote>Maybe some of it has to do with fundamentals than with the final stats... Like tackling v/s going for the ball. Our run defense could be a significantly better if we had 50% less missed tackles... Every game this season, the missed tackles were in the double digits - even the coaching staff has highlighted this is an area that perplexes them (especially at the line). It has been easy for us (fans) to 'excuse' it away with a young D-line, but many of these have been by the D-backs as well. Even during the bye week, the coaches spet time on fundamentals/tackling to refresh everyone's mindset as it was considered such a 'weakness'<quote>

Poor tackling was huge yesterday. Even the great Corey Lynch, who had the back in the backfield didn't wrap up and JMU got another first down. I'm just glad our O is quick scoring.

That's no surprise, Corey is a good player, but rarely wraps anybody up. Not dissing, just stating what I've seen the past four years.

ASUG8
November 25th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I stayed there at the WCU game - it's new, and pretty nice.

ASUdrummer
November 25th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I listened to a good bit of the McNeese St/EWU game and it sounds like EWU passing game is about the best in the FCS or McNeese St proved that their undefeated season against a not-so-hot schedule was a little misleading talent-wise. Either way, I'm insanely excited about this game and our team needs to assume that they're just that good. I feel okay with Corey Lynch leading our secondary and EWU passing more than rushing. We have a much better chance against the passing game (I understand you're great at that EWU) as long as our offense improves from it's worst game of the season. SO, congrats EWU and welcome to the ROCK! xthumbsupx

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Richardson does not play. He didn't look good AT ALL when he came out and he was on crutches at the end of the game.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Be careful what you wish for. McNeese could have made the same statement before tonight. We've been better on pass defense than run defense, but this kid just shredded our secondary.

I heard you guys had a lot of injuries in the secondary?

KiddBrewer
November 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Well............no they haven't. I think they got a good idea of a large hostile crowd when they play in Missoula on a regular basis. You can throw your argument out the window there on that one.
In all honesty this could be a good game if EWU's defense shows up.

and they lost at washington griz....xreadx

KiddBrewer
November 25th, 2007, 11:56 AM
i hope everybody at app treats the EWU fans that make the trip with great respect....anybody that is willing to fly cross country for their team deserves a lot of respect.

TheKDL
November 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I heard you guys had a lot of injuries in the secondary?

Touchstone was suited up but didn't play, i guess just to be cautious. Gilbert filled in great for him.
Woazeah apparently had/has a shoulder injury and was playing hurt.

We have depth, Leonard Love a nickel DB (had an INT in the Michigan game) who could see more playing time next week against a pass offense.

buckp
November 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Should be a great game! Good luck to both teams....xbowx

TheKDL
November 25th, 2007, 12:27 PM
i hope everybody at app treats the EWU fans that make the trip with great respect....anybody that is willing to fly cross country for their team deserves a lot of respect.

Just so you know I'm offering to get a guest ticket for an EWU alum if he cant get one there and then bring him to tailgate. Thats a LONG trip and we have a beautiful campus and great people and fans. Plus its nice to show a little sportsmanship and southern hospitality sometimes. I mean win or lose we want all the EWU fans who made the trip cross country to go back and say they had a great experience.xbeerchugx

Peems
November 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Were you able to attend the McNeese game?

Punchykky
November 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Appalachian State will win this game. Experience is the best teacher in this game.

DuckDuckGriz
November 25th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I say Eastern shocks the people in Boone. They have a full head of steam right now and the blowout over McNeese only adds to it.

appfan2008
November 25th, 2007, 01:14 PM
when will the game time be announced???

appfan2008
November 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Look forward to seeing some ewu fans down here in boone... let me know if you need help getting a ticket or info for around town

Screamin_Eagle174
November 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM
and they lost at washington griz....xreadx

Yep, you got it right, we lost at Wa-Griz. But not before putting up 565 yards of O and "committing" 12 penalties for 129 yards (thank you Big Sky Refs!) and beating ourselves. We didn't commit those penalties against McNeese and the score showed it. I think everybody (including all Griz fans) knows that we outplayed them in Missoula. Too bad the final score didn't show it.

As for Appy, your pass D better be as good as you guys say it is, because Eastern is the hottest team in the nation right now (6 out of the last 7, only loss to currently 23 ranked BYU), and Nichols shreds secondaries. Add in his ability to scramble and pick up the 1st down himself or hand it off to Seahawk RB Maurice Morris' brother (who had 4 TDs and 130yds last night), and you're in for all you can handle. I can't wait to see this one turns out! xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 25th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Oh, and everything you've heard about our O-line... it's true. All-Americans and 5 seniors... they're a big part of why we won last night... Nichols had all day to pick apart McNope.

I appreciate your hospitality... if I only had the money for a plane ticket I'd be out there in a heartbeat! Goodluck to both teams... but better luck to my EAGS!!!

CowboyUp
November 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Congrats to EWU for the game they played. They certainly stuck it to the our Cowboys. There was just absolutely no excuses, they just stomped them in the ground. I hope you guys kick the crap out of Appy and go on to win the national championship, that way this loss won't look so bad in hindsight!!!

dgreco
November 25th, 2007, 01:42 PM
i think a lot of traveling for two straight weeks might be tough on them. App St. gets the win.

buckp
November 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Were you able to attend the McNeese game?

Oh yes, I saw it all....xbawlingx

B&G
November 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Yep, you got it right, we lost at Wa-Griz. But not before putting up 565 yards of O and "committing" 12 penalties for 129 yards (thank you Big Sky Refs!) and beating ourselves. We didn't commit those penalties against McNeese and the score showed it. I think everybody (including all Griz fans) knows that we outplayed them in Missoula. Too bad the final score didn't show it.

As for Appy, your pass D better be as good as you guys say it is, because Eastern is the hottest team in the nation right now (6 out of the last 7, only loss to currently 23 ranked BYU), and Nichols shreds secondaries. Add in his ability to scramble and pick up the 1st down himself or hand it off to Seahawk RB Maurice Morris' brother (who had 4 TDs and 130yds last night), and you're in for all you can handle. I can't wait to see this one turns out! xthumbsupx

ASU has won 7 of their last 8. I guess they must be pretty hot too.

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Fixed it for ya! ;)

xoopsx What was I thinking?

We bow at the almighty wisdom of the great Griz... xbowx xbowx xbowx

already123
November 25th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I think its official...McNeese cant handle the BSC.

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I live in South Florida, so yesterday was the first time I had seen the defense play this year, 2 things concern me with this unit, 1st, miss tackles, secound the lack of agression, James Madison moved us off the line all day, no one could shed their blockers, and I saw very few hard hits that stop James Madison runners in thier tracks. I believe this unit has alot of heart, playing thru all the injuries this year, but the charactor of this unit seems to be one of giving way to more determined and aggressive offenses, and taking a "bend but don't break attitude".

appstate1998
November 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I moved from Boone a while back, but if you guys come into town from EWU and want some great food, hit up Parthenon Cafe. Tell Nick(the owner) Steven sent you. Tell him to put a Steven's Pita on me. Its right across from our Basketball/Convocation center.

EdubAlum
November 25th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I moved from Boone a while back, but if you guys come into town from EWU and want some great food, hit up Parthenon Cafe. Tell Nick(the owner) Steven sent you. Tell him to put a Steven's Pita on me. Its right across from our Basketball/Convocation center.

airplane tickets/game tickets purchased. I can't wait to see how it's done at app state!

AppStateold299
November 25th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I hope all the EWU fans have a great time in Boone. It is a great atmosphere that few can better in the country. Great food and even greater sites. If we are throwing out suggestions for food I would recommend Portafino on Rivers St. If you are going for a landmark of Boone then stop by and have a bite at Murphy's and stay to drink a few and play shuffle board. Make sure you tell Bear and Kelly they are great.

Appstate29
November 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
While we are throwing out suggestions for food, maybe a quick pre-game meal at Black Cat on depot st. right next to campus and downtown Boone. Serves the best (and most unique) burrito combinations I have ever seen. My personal favorite is The Don't Be a Jerk (Jerk chicken, pineapple, jicama root, black beans, and rice with Hot salsa). For dinner, its expensive but pssghettis on 321 in blowing rock is DELICIOUS (italian)

blueballs
November 25th, 2007, 04:41 PM
The best way to attack ASU is to run right at them. The teams who have had success against them this year (Michigan, Wofford, GSU, JMU) did just that. They are a better defensive team against the pass.

IMO this is a tough deal for EWU. They've got to fly across 3 time zones and play in one of the most hostile places in the division against a very good opponent with speed to burn at altitude. If they win they'll have earned it...

HaveFunKc
November 25th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think its official...McNeese cant handle the BSC.

Kerplunk! I felt that one all the way down to my toes!!! xeekx

kalm
November 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The best way to attack ASU is to run right at them. The teams who have had success against them this year (Michigan, Wofford, GSU, JMU) did just that. They are a better defensive team against the pass.

IMO this is a tough deal for EWU. They've got to fly across 3 time zones and play in one of the most hostile places in the division against a very good opponent with speed to burn at altitude. If they win they'll have earned it...

I agree that this will be tough, but I don't think the altitude should be a problem. Woodward Stadium is about 2700 feet, and we scored 52 in NAU's Walkup Sky Dome which is around 6000 feet.

I also think that we have very good team speed - especially at DE and WR, so I don't see a huge advantage there.

Obzerver
November 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
EWU's QB is infact slow and robotic with recievers so lucky it looks as if they made a pack with the devil. MSU gave us those passing yards and the rushing yards came from the sloppy turf. Our defense plays dumb and got away with holding their recievers and chop blocking the whole night. When behind EWU gives up and lacks the courage to play the entire game. EWU has played that way all year and to be quite honest this team is a bit premature as they won't be really good until next year according to those involved.
So, in conclusion, this team has to travel a long way from Home, they don't use their Brains, they lack Heart and the Courage to play fairly so pay-no-nevermind to that team behind the curtain...

asufan87
November 25th, 2007, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=mtoliver;763991]Yeah... the DL was banged up but hung in there, and for the record Touchstone(starting CB) never got on the field... /QUOTE]

Touchstone played briefly. He missed a one on one tackle on JMU's first score and never saw the field again.

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2007, 05:45 PM
EWU's QB is infact slow and robotic with recievers so lucky it looks as if they made a pack with the devil. MSU gave us those passing yards and the rushing yards came from the sloppy turf. Our defense plays dumb and got away with holding their recievers and chop blocking the whole night. When behind EWU gives up and lacks the courage to play the entire game. EWU has played that way all year and to be quite honest this team is a bit premature as they won't be really good until next year according to those involved.
So, in conclusion, this team has to travel a long way from Home, they don't use their Brains, they lack Heart and the Courage to play fairly so pay-no-nevermind to that team behind the curtain...

I'll add one more characteristic to the above. EWU fans seem to think ASU fans ain't got any brains. EWU did not get to the 2nd round by being 2nd rate. They played one heck of a game against McNeese St. Long before the game was over, they convinced the ENTIRE McNeese team that EWU was going to win. And so they did.

Regardless of how well App's D plays, or its O plays, or its special teams, the whole team believe they can win the game. In other words, ASU will play the whole game. McNeese seemed to give up above mid-way through the 3rd qtr. EWU could very well win, but it won't be for lack of effort from the ASU team.

I hate the Noon starting time. Maybe we'll tailgate anyway and just grill some eggs or something about 9:15!!! xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

Appdad
November 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM

ASU doesn't care how you react to playing in Boone.
The playing field is the same as many in the nation.
No screaming fans are on the field.
There is no intimidation factor.
Everything is fair and square.
The atmosphere in Boone makes OUR players play better.
ASU plays great in Boone.Win or lose both teams will give their all for their selves, their families and their schools and both groups of fans will be proud of both teams.

We wish EWU and their fans safe travels! For those that cannot make the game and are watching on TV we hope their children don't make fun of mom and dad yelling at the TV like mine used to do!

proasu89
November 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Gameday forecast looks good right now. 48 and partly cloudy.

http://booneweather.com/Forecast/ASU

AppIAA
November 25th, 2007, 06:30 PM
right now being the key words..

With boone, it could be 75 and in 30 minutes its a blizzard

FCS Go!
November 25th, 2007, 06:35 PM
I agree that this will be tough, but I don't think the altitude should be a problem. Woodward Stadium is about 2700 feet, and we scored 52 in NAU's Walkup Sky Dome which is around 6000 feet.

I also think that we have very good team speed - especially at DE and WR, so I don't see a huge advantage there.

Missoula and Boone are about the same elevation (3000 ft).

Go Eagles!

Appdad
November 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
watch out for the livermush

GrizNation93
November 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Wel, at least you know they don't have any chance being from the overrated Big Sky and all.

back2back
November 25th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Game time set for 12 noon per goasu.com. On ESPN Game Plan. See you at the Rock! Good talking to you today welcometotherock. By the way ASU fans WTTR will be missing the game this week to go deer hunting in Ohio.

KiddBrewer
November 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
what yall think about all the AGS posting app fans gettin together sometime before the game if theres time?

KiddBrewer
November 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
and EWU ones too for that matter

Laserlips
November 25th, 2007, 07:10 PM

ASU:

Ok, here's a GSU fan that offers a little more support to the SOCON representatives..

One.. I have all the respect in the world for APP State. I selfishly DO NOT want them to win a 3rd (in a row) National Championship simply because GSU has never done that.. Sorry. Now, I'm NOT selfish enough that I won't be pulling for you should Wofford fall. I want Wofford to win it all for the SOCON and because they are no threat regarding the 3 National Championships in a row thing..

So, I'm pulling hard for the SOCON representative to win the National Championship, but my first choice, for strictly selfish reasons is Wofford.. Then App State as a 2nd choice.over any body from any other conference. xthumbsupx

But now, think about it... I'll bet you if it were GSU going after a 7th National Championship vs another SOCON representative going for a first or second National Championship I'd be willing to bet you the App State fans would be in the same boat as to who they wanted to win it all..:D

Agreed?

Glad you guys won Saturday!

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

ASUMountaineer
November 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
ASU:

Ok, here's a GSU fan that offers a little more support to the SOCON representatives..

One.. I have all the respect in the world for APP State. I selfishly DO NOT want them to win a 3rd (in a row) National Championship simply because GSU has never done that.. Sorry. Now, I'm NOT selfish enough that I won't be pulling for you should Wofford fall. I want Wofford to win it all for the SOCON and because they are no threat regarding the 3 National Championships in a row thing..

So, I'm pulling hard for the SOCON representative to win the National Championship, but my first choice, for strictly selfish reasons is Wofford.. Then App State as a 2nd choice.over any body from any other conference. xthumbsupx

But now, think about it... I'll bet you if it were GSU going after a 7th National Championship vs another SOCON representative going for a first or second National Championship I'd be willing to bet you the App State fans would be in the same boat as to who they wanted to win it all..:D

Agreed?

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

You got it, I'd be the same way. Especially since we beat you guys like every third year. xsmhx

appsfan
November 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Game time set for 12 noon per goasu.com. On ESPN Game Plan. See you at the Rock! Good talking to you today welcometotherock. By the way ASU fans WTTR will be missing the game this week to go deer hunting in Ohio.

I hate that 12 noon EST (9am PST) kickoff. That means I'm up before the crack of dawn to make it to Boone by 9am since I have a 2 hour drive. I'll be in Duncan if any of you would like to stop by. xprost2x

feb18blacksunday
November 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
what yall think about all the AGS posting app fans gettin together sometime before the game if theres time?

Where when? pm me.

APPSTER
November 25th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Wel, at least you know they don't have any chance being from the overrated Big Sky and all.

Your Ft. Lewis playing, undefeated 3-seed team loses at Wa-Griz in the first round and you're questioning why anyone thought the Big Sky was overrated? You people are amazing.

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2007, 07:36 PM
ASU:

Agreed?

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

Thanks for that left-handed compliment. Actually, I completely understand. Go, Apps!

74AppState
November 25th, 2007, 08:54 PM
regards GASOU support for ASU--I understand why Ga Sou might not want an ASU 3-peat. But at the ASU/JMU game the scoreboard showed highlights of the 6? GSU National Championships----it is TRUELY TRUELY AMAZING! Gave me chill bumps. I wonder if they showed that in Missoula?

Appdad
November 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I must admit that I have cheered for GSU every time they have been in the playoffs since the program re-started.
I have in the past cheered for Furman many times in the playoffs
I cheered for WCU during the Waters era

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Just so you know I'm offering to get a guest ticket for an EWU alum if he cant get one there and then bring him to tailgate. Thats a LONG trip and we have a beautiful campus and great people and fans. Plus its nice to show a little sportsmanship and southern hospitality sometimes. I mean win or lose we want all the EWU fans who made the trip cross country to go back and say they had a great experience.xbeerchugx
Ok now this is the first post that I have seen that makes me believe in southern hospitality on this site. Montana has shown northern hospitality (not a term like southern hospitality but ask anyone who has been to Missoula as a visiting foe if I am not correct) as long as I can remember but I am glad to see the trend coming from Boone in this thread. Keep it up App! I might start liking y'all after this!

Griz40
November 25th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Oh, stop it. I have not heard one poster say anything about EWU's SOS, nor any derogatory comments about the big fluffy sky conference. However, now that you mention it, it does appear a team's SOS is important. 'Ya think?

For my part, EWU has a LONG way to travel. I hope the game time is in the mid-to-late afternoon on Saturday. Better tailgating. Good luck to EWU and all their fans.
I didn't say anything about EWU's sos either. The derogatory comments about the Big Sky are well known however. I think that Montana lost to the classiest school in the FCS this year. Funny that we never heard how classy they were from Boone.
Take some good natured ribbing and shut up. You need to take that lawfirm title and figure out how to find a sense of humor.

AgentPaul001
November 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM
EWU looks like a solid team on a roll and I'm pumped up for the game this weekend. After the last minute win against James Madison, I'm thankful just to still be in the playoffs and get a chance to see another game at the Rock before the semester is over.

Students are back from Thanksgiving and I'm surre the locals will be pumped up for another playoff game. Weather looks like it'll be pretty nice at 50 and clear. The tailgating this year has been incredible hopefully we can keep it up.

Hope all the EWU fans that come down have a good time. I made a trip to Wichita St. last season for the Mens Basketball season and traveling halfway across the country is a tough endeavor, but the entire country will be quite the journey.

Two great home basketball games this week and a football playoff game all in six days, my fanhood is going to explode.

Peems
November 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Your Ft. Lewis playing, undefeated 3-seed team loses at Wa-Griz in the first round and you're questioning why anyone thought the Big Sky was overrated? You people are amazing.

This thread is about EWU and App. so I apologize for going off topic, but our weak schedule had nothing to do with our loss. The Big Sky champ lost to the Socon Champ by one...

P.S. the Big Sky is not overrated(hell I don't think anyone actually "rates" us):D;)

B&G
November 26th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Then it only makes sense for the Big Sky #2 to lose to the SoCon Co-Champ by one or more.

Peems
November 26th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Then it only makes sense for the Big Sky #2 to lose to the SoCon Co-Champ by one or more.

It makes sense for the Big Sky #2 to avenge the loss, and beat the Socon #2 by three:D

Screamin_Eagle174
November 26th, 2007, 03:30 AM
It makes sense for the Big Sky #2 to avenge the loss, and beat the Socon #2 by three:D

I am outright offended Peems! Only THREE!!!?xeekx xeekx
We were going to shoot for at least 10, but if you only want three... xwhistlex

xthumbsupx

Keeper
November 26th, 2007, 04:25 AM
If EWU wins this game, I would be shocked if it gets any attention
on the local Seattle TV news. I doubt if any are aware of the playoffs.
Even the Spokane stations have given it little attention. Maybe
more since the Apple Cup is done now. The local coverage is
horrible. Most stations the sports guy gets 3 or 4 mins to cram the
scores or highlights in at the end of the cast. Eagles would have to
go all the way to 'Nooga to get any props. xsmhx xnonono2x xmadx

GO EAGLES

Appaholic
November 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I hate that 12 noon EST (9am PST) kickoff. That means I'm up before the crack of dawn to make it to Boone by 9am since I have a 2 hour drive. I'll be in Duncan if any of you would like to stop by. xprost2x

Noon sucks.....so EWU fans that couldn't make the trip have to get up at 8am to watch a live viewing of the game? How stupid.....

And don't even get me started about cutting into my drinking / tailgating time......got to get up at 5:30am to make it to Raley for any respectable tailgating time......5:30am...I mean, WTF?...is this Citadel with drinks? xnonono2x xconfusedx xnonono2x

Laserlips
November 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
You got it, I'd be the same way. Especially since we beat you guys like every third year. xsmhx

Indeed you do... Seems like we never win in Boone...

But we surely did THIS year! :D

It's also satisfying to sit back and watch two teams GSU beat this season, (and you know who you are ;) )in the playoffs..

My loyalty is to GSU, always... Then any SOCON team, (home of the worse referees in the civilized world, and parts of Iraq). So if my GSU Eagles can't play I'm a SOCON team homer.

The sad truth is it would have done our GSU Eagles no good to have made the playoff's.. Our team was so weakened by injuries, and players who were thrown off the team for not "doing right" that we had little chance of winning it all anyway. Our 4 (5th?) string running back, who was recruited to be a wide receiver (Teal) wound up having to play both ways against Colorado State because we were so thin at all positions.. Of course with Jayson at the helm we always had a chance to beat anybody on any given day.....

I'll tell ya tho, I would have loved to see Jayson Foster play another game or two just to "see Jayson Foster play another game or two".. xthumbsupx

This GSU fan is tremendously pleased with Chris Hatcher's first year as our Coach.. Coach Hatcher has brought back the excitement back to GSU football, and I predict good things for our team in the future.

I hope a SOCON team wins it all in Chattanooga. I hope that winning team is Wofford, but if Wofford can't do it, I hope your guys do!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

McNeese72
November 26th, 2007, 08:13 AM
All I'll say about this game is that App. St's defense better strap it on and be ready to play because EWU is going to bring some offense.

They completely shattered our "bend but don't break" defense.

Everybody looks at their passing game but they ran the ball pretty well, too.

It's going to be a very interesting game.

The App. St. fans better not be putting a W in the win column just yet.

Doc

mtoliver
November 26th, 2007, 08:39 AM
All I'll say about this game is that App. St's defense better strap it on and be ready to play because EWU is going to bring some offense.

Doc

Seems to me that you guys were giving up to many yards between the 20's to teams that couldn't capitalize on the opportunities anyway. All it took was a team that could consistently finish drives strong.

I think App's D plays par for the course and gives up 28 or 31 on Sat., maybe even 34 or 35... and App scores 38. Call our d what you want but when faced w/ big opportunities they make big plays. (See failed 4th down conversion w/ 2min to play, and forced fumble on our 9 w/ 25 secs left against JMU.) Oh, and blocked kick with :05 sec. left @ Michigan.

We've got a sound pass D as long as Touchstone is back among the starters this week. Whether or not "the passing game becomes an extension of the run"... it's still a passing game and i feel better about that than a really athletic option QB making reads off of our banged up DL. Bring it on Eagles... should be a dogfight and I can't wait!!!! I love me some playoffs... xbowx xcoachx

PS- if any eagle fans need a hotel and/or a place to drink a brew on friday night, I work at the Country Inn and Suites in Boone and we still have availability (828)264-4100. Pm me if interested.. I will also be at the tailgate.. and welcome all who make the trip to come by..

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 08:41 AM

Doc

that is all good and well but the ewu defense better "strap it on" also because we bring a pretty potent offense ourselves

APPride
November 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM

Doc

I'd like to think the App fans know better than that...it's the playoffs!

rb45070
November 26th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Just bought my tickets to the game and Im expecting one heck of a game. But I would also like to invite any EWU fans to come tailgate with us. We are more than likely going to be in Greenwood or possibly Rivers street if I wake up early enough. There will be some brews for all and some good ol fashioned Bojangles. Feel free to send me a pm and I look forward to meeting any fans that make the trek.

GO APPS

mlbowl
November 26th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Not saying EWU will win (I hope they do)...but if you guys were impressed with NAU...get ready to be amazed by the Eags' high flying Offensexnodx

mlbowl
November 26th, 2007, 09:52 AM
that is all good and well but the ewu defense better "strap it on" also because we bring a pretty potent offense ourselves

Agreed

AppMan
November 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM

You have to understand many of our fans think we should score every time we get the ball while holding the opposing team to under 100 yards offense. Totally nuts!

asu7
November 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM
You have to understand many of our fans think we should score every time we get the ball while holding the opposing team to under 100 yards offense. Totally nuts!

Totally agree ... if we do not make the opposing team go 3 and out every time then we suck

I guess sucky teams find ways to win and advance in the playoffs xlolx

APPSTER
November 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Noon sucks.....so EWU fans that couldn't make the trip have to get up at 8am to watch a live viewing of the game? How stupid.....

And don't even get me started about cutting into my drinking / tailgating time......got to get up at 5:30am to make it to Raley for any respectable tailgating time......5:30am...I mean, WTF?...is this Citadel with drinks? xnonono2x xconfusedx xnonono2x

As bad as a noon kickoff is for ASU fans, it really stinks for the EWU fans that have to fly cross country. They will not get to see/experience a traditional ASU tailgate party. It's hard enough cracking beers open at 9:00 am, but it'll really be 6 am for the Eagle fans. It's the playoffs....ya do what ya gotta do..................

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 11:59 AM
At least this week should be back up to the 26-27k that KBS is used to this season.

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM
At least this week should be back up to the 26-27k that KBS is used to this season.

i wouldnt be so sure there er... if you look back over the history of asu playoffs including last year the numbers dont go back to normal at any point during the playoffs... last year the second round game was around 15k i would be surprised if asu has more than 20...

asu3peat
November 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
App's defense frustrates our fans because we are use to having a stingier more veteran defense on the field. Yes we are finding ways to win but when you continue giving up large chunks of yardage, the points will eventually catch up. I feel one of the problems with our defense (besides the young d-line) is our offense. The offense tends to strike quick and is not a ball control offense (except for the last drive against Umass in '06). We tend to lose T.O.P. which most view as a meaningless statistic, except when it results in our d-fense being on the field for 40 mins (JMU) compared to 20 mins (ASU) for our offense. We can't expect our D to step up when they are out of gas.

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Well I mean it'll be bigger than last week for sure. Didn't mean to go at high on the guess. Probably more likely 20-21k at best. Dependng on the opponent brings more people out. The average ASU fan hasn't heard much of EWU. More students will be there than last week, and probably the same number of people up last week will be there again.

asu7
November 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM
i wouldnt be so sure there er... if you look back over the history of asu playoffs including last year the numbers dont go back to normal at any point during the playoffs... last year the second round game was around 15k i would be surprised if asu has more than 20...

I agree appfan ...

I say we see somewhere between 18-20 ... Those would be great numbers for a playoff game ...

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Well I mean it'll be bigger than last week for sure. Didn't mean to go at high on the guess. Probably more likely 20-21k at best. Dependng on the opponent brings more people out. The average ASU fan hasn't heard much of EWU. More students will be there than last week, and probably the same number of people up last week will be there again.

I will agree with that... and we have to remember there were probably a thousand jmu fans there last week and there certainly wont be that many this week from ewu... so that will cut down on the number... more students being back should make that a mute point though

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM
I agree appfan ...

I say we see somewhere between 18-20 ... Those would be great numbers for a playoff game ...

I think 20k would be record setting for us at a playoff game but i would have to check that... i will give me a minute...

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 12:13 PM
ok just checked cuz i am sitting here in the student union computer lab with nothing better to do...

the asu playoff home attendance record is 18,040 which was last years semifinal win over youngstown st...

biggie
November 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I'd say there will be over 20K for this game. Too much hype this year and over the JMU game for it not to be a good crowd this week. We would have had 18k this past week if the students had been around. Although I know the noon time hurts, cause I'm sure there are people who refuse to go because of a lack of tailgating time (yes we have a far share of drunks).

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM
ok just checked cuz i am sitting here in the student union computer lab with nothing better to do...

the asu playoff home attendance record is 18,040 which was last years semifinal win over youngstown st...

Yea I was looking at the #'s from last year. Knew it was set then. Still hard to believe a playoff game hasn't brought more than 20k yet.

Safe to say, if we were to win, and Woffy did the same. The record would be reset.

Possibly if Richmond wins too. They could bring in #'s similar to JMU

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
As bad as a noon kickoff is for ASU fans, it really stinks for the EWU fans that have to fly cross country. They will not get to see/experience a traditional ASU tailgate party. It's hard enough cracking beers open at 9:00 am, but it'll really be 6 am for the Eagle fans. It's the playoffs....ya do what ya gotta do..................

c'mon man, talk smack about my football team all you want, but I'm an Eagle baby, don't question our drinking abilities:) i will have no problem drinking a Pabst fortay izzle at 6:00AM PST. I'll be out there tearin' it up with all of you app fans. What is the ghetto beer of choice out there anyway?

Appstate29
November 26th, 2007, 12:25 PM
c'mon man, talk smack about my football team all you want, but I'm an Eagle baby, don't question our drinking abilities:) i will have no problem drinking a Pabst fortay izzle at 6:00AM PST. I'll be out there tearin' it up with all of you app fans. What is the ghetto beer of choice out there anyway?

We have every cheap beer you can imagine, but i'm a sucker for Busch Light.

biggie
November 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
PBR is a personal favorite among many, but never seen a 40 of it. Many other options as well, for the most part we are not picky when it comes to beer. Just find a good tailgate with a mason jar for the true Boone experience.

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Yea I was looking at the #'s from last year. Knew it was set then. Still hard to believe a playoff game hasn't brought more than 20k yet.

Safe to say, if we were to win, and Woffy did the same. The record would be reset.

Possibly if Richmond wins too. They could bring in #'s similar to JMU

it sure would be nice if the same support that goes out to the rock week after week would come and support the team when they need it the most in the playoffs...

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2007, 12:30 PM
We have every cheap beer you can imagine, but i'm a sucker for Busch Light.

Busch Light? my favorite also! perhaps we should get a briefcase (30 pack) and go beer for beer;)

Appstate29
November 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Busch Light? my favorite also! perhaps we should get a briefcase (30 pack) and go beer for beer;)

Where are you tailgating saturday?? I'll find you and we'll have a beer or twelve!

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Wow, you may never want to leave Boone xlolx xlolx

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Where are you tailgating saturday?? I'll find you and we'll have a beer or twelve!

have no plans as of now, I gotta hook up with TheKDL also. I'll send you a PM and get some contact info;)

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 12:39 PM
it sure would be nice if the same support that goes out to the rock week after week would come and support the team when they need it the most in the playoffs...

I know, some people just can't handle to cold xcoolx

You'd think people would want to be there to see if ASU can become the first team to win three straight.

Even with the poor numbers, I would make a guess the National Championship brings more people. Granted '05 it was split down the middle. In '06 however, the place was packed and ASU fans had control of a majority of Finley Stadium.

AppIAA
November 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
a lot of students usually use the football games/tailgating as an excuse to drink and could care less about the game but since its free during the regular season, they go. Now they have to pay $5 (i know its a lot), they wont got

TheKDL
November 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
have no plans as of now, I gotta hook up with TheKDL also. I'll send you a PM and get some contact info;)

Well..we dont have 30 packs here but we do have cases (24), it will be fun showing you how we tailgate. We have a pretty big one too, its just across from Walker Hall on the grass beside Raley Lot and we have the really really tall flag pole for those who wanna come by. Bunch of alums and a few undergrad like myself. Anyone who wants to swing by the more the better!

I have alot of respect for the EWU fans making trip esp. EdubAlum, he's been excited about it since the match up was made. I'll be at tailgate at around 8ish, gotta get breakfast at Boone Bagelry first, gotta have my Hearty Breakfast (2eggs, ham, sausage, home fries and bagel) w/ coffee and sweet tea then I'm ready for a 12er!

xhypedx

EdubAlum
November 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well..we dont have 30 packs here but we do have cases (24), it will be fun showing you how we tailgate. We have a pretty big one too, its just across from Walker Hall on the grass beside Raley Lot and we have the really really tall flag pole for those who wanna come by. Bunch of alums and a few undergrad like myself. Anyone who wants to swing by the more the better!

I have alot of respect for the EWU fans making trip esp. EdubAlum, he's been excited about it since the match up was made. I'll be at tailgate at around 8ish, gotta get breakfast at Boone Bagelry first, gotta have my Hearty Breakfast (2eggs, ham, sausage, home fries and bagel) w/ coffee and sweet tea then I'm ready for a 12er!

xhypedx

so i can bring my EWU flag and have it raised proudly for everyone to enjoy? :)

Apps03
November 26th, 2007, 02:01 PM

xhypedx

My home game ritual is the same. Pull into Raley at 7:30 (we have a group of about 15 that always sets up on the brick wall towards the front of the lot), walk up to Boone Bagelry for Overstuffed Bagelicious and grits. Walk back to tailgate by 8 and mix drink #1. The only game I haven't done this for is the GSU game and we see where that got us. I'll accept some responsibility for that game (I'll have to share some with Jayson Foster though).

rb45070
November 26th, 2007, 02:06 PM
My home game ritual is the same. Pull into Raley at 7:30 (we have a group of about 15 that always sets up on the brick wall towards the front of the lot), walk up to Boone Bagelry for Overstuffed Bagelicious and grits. Walk back to tailgate by 8 and mix drink #1. The only game I haven't done this for is the GSU game and we see where that got us. I'll accept some responsibility for that game (I'll have to share some with Jayson Foster though).

Is Raley still yosef and students in the playoffs?

biggie
November 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Boone Bagelry for Overstuffed Bagelicious and grits.
Highly recommended, best breakfast item in the state. I also go with side of homefries(but I'm fat).

Kiss My Apps
November 26th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Wow, same here. Good tip for the Raley lot... get the parking guy an overstuffed bagelicious and he'll hold the spots around yours while you're eating.

Apps03
November 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, same here. Good tip for the Raley lot... get the parking guy an overstuffed bagelicious and he'll hold the spots around yours while you're eating.

He'll be the happiest (and maybe fattest man in Boone).

Apps03
November 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Is Raley still yosef and students in the playoffs?

It is still Yosef only lot, except for the student lottey winners of course.

AshevilleApp
November 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Highly recommended, best breakfast item in the state. I also go with side of homefries(but I'm fat).

Couple that with the fact that its downright cheap (at least when I was there) and you've got a winner!!!!

TheKDL
November 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM

You can bring a stick and duct tape it to that if you want... there is a place in the corner behind the trees we might be able to find a spot for it.xlolx

AppIAA
November 26th, 2007, 03:46 PM
It is still Yosef only lot, except for the student lottey winners of course.

The first game it was first come, first server for the students.. just had to show a student id

dont know if thats how its going to be this week though

ASUdrummer
November 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
a lot of students usually use the football games/tailgating as an excuse to drink and could care less about the game but since its free during the regular season, they go. Now they have to pay $5 (i know its a lot), they wont got

I think you'll be very surprised at the true support of the students. I kinda take offense in the lack of faith because to me the student section is pretty much the best it's ever been at App; Playoffs or not. But I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday. Go Apps!

phillyAPP
November 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM

Thats a GREAT idea. How many EWU Flags will come? You may have to bring 10 or more to make it look like many of you made the trip.

I personally pledge to put your flag up. I am in Raley Parking lot. You can tell us because we have a traditional MOUNTAINEER flag pole. ITS TALL AND MADE OF WOOD. Only one on the mountain. I will make sure we have two poles.

ERASU2113
November 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I think you'll be very surprised at the true support of the students. I kinda take offense in the lack of faith because to me the student section is pretty much the best it's ever been at App; Playoffs or not. But I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday. Go Apps!

IMO student support has increased drastically over the past 4 years that I've been in school. The student section is almost always full, think of just last week. By kickoff you couldn't find a seat there. Granted it'll not be as big of a demand as it was during the regular season. But ASU is a football school, and students love their football.

APPride
November 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM

AMEN...as an 20 yr alum , I gotta say the current (last few years) students are showing tremendous support and actually staying in the games until 00:00. It's nice to see that. xthumbsupx

(1st App game I ever saw was win at Wake Forest in 1983 - on a hugely long field goal)

asknoquarter21
November 26th, 2007, 06:02 PM
i am a student i i must say i have been suprised by how few drunks compared to the last few years in the student section

ASU88
November 26th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I dare say that the fools that get hammered and act like jerks would likely act in a similar manner sober. It's not JUST the alcohol ... that just enhances their foolishness.

I'm 42 and I STILL love to come up the mountain, tailgate at Raley, have some drinks (if not driving I might have quite a few) and cheer on the Apps. But I get much more enjoyment out of fraternizing with opposing fans than challenging or heckling them.

Just got my tix for Saturday! Will be dragging the kids AND my father up there.

Polar Bear
November 26th, 2007, 06:48 PM
App fans the EWU QB is the real deal. If he plays as well as he has lately look out. Wouldn't bet against 2 time champs at home though.

appsfan
November 26th, 2007, 08:03 PM

Edub, once cooler weather gets here, I partake in another southern football tradition, drinking bourbon. My preference is Jim Bean and it goes good with any tailgate food. It also has the added advantage of not running you to the bathroom as much as beer. For these "early" games my wife has shifted to drinking screwdrivers as her breakfast drink. I am sure you will find yourself welcome and I look forward to you tearin' it up with us.xthumbsupx

RobsPics
November 26th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I like Appy but Edub is from the Big Sky so gotta root for them in this instance ;) Go EDUB!

http://www.robspics.com/postimages/ewu.jpg

KiddBrewer
November 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM

better bring it on the plane, you wont find any 30 packs around here.

KiddBrewer
November 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM

i think you missed this one by a mile, imo

proasu89
November 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM

xhypedx

xlolx Good thing you're near the porta-johnsxeekx

SouthernEagle02
November 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Ok guess I need to explain myself since I stirred the pot. Like Laserlips said I want EWU to win for selfish reasons. The thought of App having half as many titles as GS does and still having Edwards for another year or two giving App a chance of running the tables, bothers me. Now then, I support the SoCon but I'd rather it be the two SoCon teams playing in a SoCon stadium for the title not in the quarters in Spartanburg or Boone. Me cheering for App now would be like a Tennessee fan cheering for Bama in a bowl game. I know deep down if the roles were reversed, most App fans would want to see GS get beat. However, I want App to win so that we'll be the only Eagle team to win at "The Rock." Do I expect EWU to rollover? No. Do I expect App to play like last week? No. What I do expect is a low scoring, dirt throwing, trash talking, 60 minutes of pure h*ll. By far the best game on Saturday. I'm going to take the PC way out and wish both team good luck.:D

AppIAA
November 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM
i think you missed this one by a mile, imo

Yes the student section is still good.. no doubts about that and sorry if i made anyone think i didnt think they were. However, being a student myself, I am saddened at how many people i heard this weekend say there were not going to the game because it was too early of a start time and no time to drink.. plus it cost money

in one of my classes today, there was an "argument" about the reason why we had to pay for the playoff games. The uninformed students were saying a main reason they chose App is the fact they get free admission to sporting events. The professor and I were the only ones who realized the NCAA makes ASU make the students pay.

The previous statements of the students not wanting to come because they cant drink and/or have to pay is not saying thats how ALL students are.. just a lot of them

HiHiYikas
November 26th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Thats a GREAT idea. How many EWU Flags will come? You may have to bring 10 or more to make it look like many of you made the trip.

I personally pledge to put your flag up. I am in Raley Parking lot. You can tell us because we have a traditional MOUNTAINEER flag pole. ITS TALL AND MADE OF WOOD. Only one on the mountain. I will make sure we have two poles.
I saw that thing on saturday morning. My brother and I had a conversation about how that thing travels. We concluded that you must stash it someplace near the parking lot.

Were we right?

BTW, even with Raley going first-come-first-serve, my parents got a spot there an hour and a half from game time. I'm pretty sure that's not a regular occurrence. Of course, my brother and I were among the first ones in at 8:00-ish.

james_lawfirm
November 26th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Ok guess I need to explain myself since I stirred the pot. Like Laserlips said I want EWU to win for selfish reasons. The thought of App having half as many titles as GS does and still having Edwards for another year or two giving App a chance of running the tables, bothers me. Now then, I support the SoCon but I'd rather it be the two SoCon teams playing in a SoCon stadium for the title not in the quarters in Spartanburg or Boone. Me cheering for App now would be like a Tennessee fan cheering for Bama in a bowl game. I know deep down if the roles were reversed, most App fans would want to see GS get beat. However, I want App to win so that we'll be the only Eagle team to win at "The Rock." Do I expect EWU to rollover? No. Do I expect App to play like last week? No. What I do expect is a low scoring, dirt throwing, trash talking, 60 minutes of pure h*ll. By far the best game on Saturday. I'm going to take the PC way out and wish both team good luck.:D

For the record, this App fan cheers for GaSo against any OOC rivals. In my opinion, so do most App fans. I cordially and respectfully invite my GaSo brethren to reciprocate.

Furthermore, the ASU/EWU game may involve lots of stuff, but it will not include dirt throwing. There's no dirt - it's field turf only - maybe them little rubber pellets. OK, so we'll have little rubber pellet throwing.

Neither do I expect this contest to be low scoring. It's about time for Apps offense to light up the scoreboard. Might as well be this Saturday.

Mountaineer
November 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'll cheer for anyone in the SoCon...............except Furman..never Furman. xsmiley_wix :p

SouthernEagle02
November 26th, 2007, 09:38 PM
For the record, this App fan cheers for GaSo against any OOC rivals. In my opinion, so do most App fans. I cordially and respectfully invite my GaSo brethren to reciprocate.

Furthermore, the ASU/EWU game may involve lots of stuff, but it will not include dirt throwing. There's no dirt - it's field turf only - maybe them little rubber pellets. OK, so we'll have little rubber pellet throwing.

Neither do I expect this contest to be low scoring. It's about time for Apps offense to light up the scoreboard. Might as well be this Saturday.
Yeah forgot about that turf. I'll go along with pellet throwing. Light up the board?? Ya'll been putting up 30+ points in every game...how can you light it up anymore?

TokyoGriz
November 26th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Anyone know if this game can be viewed online?

Overseas and dont have satellite.

Lets see EWU beat App by 10 points! xthumbsupx xrotatehx

EWU 45 App 35 xthumbsupx

appfan2008
November 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM
As a senior at app i think the students have been improving every year... this year imparticular was awesome with thousands of us including myself lining up hours and hours before hand to get in to the stadium 2 hours before the game even starts... also in regards to last week i thought the students did very well... it was by far the best the students have ever done on a first round thanksgiving weekend... granted i was very worried when 30 minutes to go before the game started more than half the student section was empty but i would assume many students left that morning from their piedmont homes and arrived just in time for the game and when the kickoff occured the student section was completely packed which was awesome to see...

TheKDL
November 26th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I'll cheer for anyone in the SoCon...............except Furman..never Furman. xsmiley_wix :p

AGREED xthumbsupx

APPride
November 27th, 2007, 05:29 AM

not so here...I have nothing but respect for GSU football...ya'll get it done, definately not pretenders...

appfan2008
November 27th, 2007, 07:31 AM
not so here...I have nothing but respect for GSU football...ya'll get it done, definately not pretenders...

i know i will always root for our socon brothers in the playoffs unless playing app

Mountaineer#96
November 27th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I find a good deal of the students now days just want to drink, I am an alum and I drink too. So I say who cares, as long as they stay the whole time and cheer for our team like crazy.

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM

EWU 45 App 35 xthumbsupx

pretty sure the ESPN gameplan can be viewed online...

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 08:32 AM

EWU 45 App 35 xthumbsupx

Go here.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index?week=14

APPride
November 27th, 2007, 08:53 AM

Edub, man by the time you get here I hope you will be treated like a celebrity! I think it's great you are making the trip...I am curious about one thing though. When you tell your friends/co-workers/fellow fans that you are going to Boone, NC, to watch your team play Appalachian State University, what is thier initial reaction?

Do they say "oh, thats that team that:

1.) is the two time defending national champion of Division 1 football ?"
2.) opened a can of Michigan whoop-*ss ?"
3.) yankees now pronounce App-a-LATCH-ian ?"
4.) none of the above as they look @ you in disbelief as they ask you "WHERE are you going ???"

I will be looking for your flag! xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 27th, 2007, 08:56 AM
EWU by 7, sez me!;)

bamamountaineer1013
November 27th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Is the game on ESPN 360... cause thats free

asu7
November 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM
EDUB ... welcome to THE ROCK!

I hope you enjoy your stay here in the high country. Glad to see that you are making the trip ...

I will be on the lookout for ya!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay.xrotatehx

biggie
November 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Just noticed, sorry if it was already posted and I missed it.

MASN (DirecTV channel 626, also on others but not cable I don't think) will have:
-ASU/EWU game at Noon
-UMass/SIU game at 3:30

Also will air the other 2 games on delay:
-Delaware at Northern Iowa - Sunday, Dec. 2 10:00pm
-Richmond at Wofford - Monday, Dec. 3 8:00am

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I get MASN down here in SC. Unless you live in their Mid-Atlantic coverage area this game should be blacked out. I am expecting to have to purchase the daily ESPN Gameplan package. I have DirecTV and sometimes they do make mistakes and air games that should be blacked out.

AlphaSigMD
November 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I get MASN down here in SC. Unless you live in their Mid-Atlantic coverage area this game should be blacked out. I am expecting to have to purchase the daily ESPN Gameplan package. I have DirecTV and sometimes they do make mistakes and air games that should be blacked out.

What does this mean? I live in NJ, so I'm hoping to catch this on direct TV. You think its going to be blacked out here?

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
EDUB ... welcome to THE ROCK!

I hope you enjoy your stay here in the high country. Glad to see that you are making the trip ...

I will be on the lookout for ya!

Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay.xrotatehx

I'll be the one wearing the stuff that says EWU all over it;)

The Moody1
November 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM
What does this mean? I live in NJ, so I'm hoping to catch this on direct TV. You think its going to be blacked out here?

Do you get MASN as one of your regional sports networks, or do you only get it if you have Sports Pak? If it only through Sports Pak the game should be blacked out. You will definitely be able to get the game via DirecTv but probably only by puchasing the $21.95 weekly option. That way you will get all four games live.

Update: I just received an e-mail response from MASN and they told me the game will not be blacked out anywhere. This is great news but I don't see how ESPN Gameplan will make any $.

http://masnsports.com/masn-contact-center.html

Screamin_Eagle174
November 27th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Edub, man by the time you get here I hope you will be treated like a celebrity! I think it's great you are making the trip...I am curious about one thing though. When you tell your friends/co-workers/fellow fans that you are going to Boone, NC, to watch your team play Appalachian State University, what is thier initial reaction?

Do they say "oh, thats that team that:

1.) is the two time defending national champion of Division 1 football ?"
2.) opened a can of Michigan whoop-*ss ?"
3.) yankees now pronounce App-a-LATCH-ian ?"
4.) none of the above as they look @ you in disbelief as they ask you "WHERE are you going ???"

I will be looking for your flag! xthumbsupx

Man I wish I had the cash to fly out there to the Boonies... xlolx xlolx xlolx
I would drink you all under the tailgate! xthumbsupx
Unfortunately I have to work up at the University Saturday morn (I work for the student programming board), but I'm thinking I'll find one of the tech/sound guys and have them put the local radio station that carries the game on the speaker system in the auditorium I'm working in! If not, hopefully I can find a walkman or something!

PS: You forgot option 5.) What the hell is Appalachian State?

appstate38
November 27th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Screamin_Eagle,

Man, love that pic in your sig!!! I don't think (hope) that you will get that kind of hit on Armanti.xnonox

asu7
November 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I'll be the one wearing the stuff that says EWU all over it;)

Shouldn't be too hard to find then ;)xnodx

diznanl
November 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Screamin_Eagle,

Man, love that pic in your sig!!! I don't think (hope) that you will get that kind of hit on Armanti.xnonox

Yeah, his sig is sick... it's my brother putting the hit on him, by the way. :D Don't underestimate the Eagles D... xsmiley_wix

ERASU2113
November 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
So, I just became scared of EWU.....

One name: Matt Nichols

LacesOut
November 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
C'mon EWU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appaholic
November 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Hey EdubAlum:

Glad to hear you coming....that's awesome.....BTW, if you happen to see someone doing this at the tailgate, come introduce yourself to Appaholic (I'm the one on the left).....or if you see someone fall on the metal pipe in the South endzone, come help me up......

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hey EdubAlum:

Glad to hear you coming....that's awesome.....BTW, if you happen to see someone doing this at the tailgate, come introduce yourself to Appaholic (I'm the one on the left).....or if you see someone fall on the metal pipe in the South endzone, come help me up......

Dang...without spilling it all over you tooxthumbsupx I'm usually good for the 1st 6 before I'm wearing it. I'll be up there my fellow shotgunnin app brother...hope to come by for one of those...or maybe 6 or so:D I'm usually up in Greenwood; that drive from Charleston is a b!tch so I don't get up for many games, but I was there Saturday and had to come back this weekend.xrotatehx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 27th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Some interesting stats...

The Eagles are averaging 470.2 yards of offense per game (fourth in FCS), including 304.8 passing (fifth) and 165.4 rushing (53rd).

The Mountaineers are right behind Eastern in total offense nationally, averaging 468.6 yards to rank fifth. Appalachian State is fifth in FCS in rushing offense (267.5) and third in scoring (41.6).

Mountaineers rank 24th in FCS in pass efficiency defense (111.3) with 14 interceptions.

Eastern is 19th in rushing defense in FCS, allowing an average of 130.4 yards per game.

xcoffeex

Looks like the 5th best rushing offense against the 19th rushing D, and likewise the 5th best passing offense vs. the 24th best pass D. Should be a good old fashioned slugfest!

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Some interesting stats...

The Eagles are averaging 470.2 yards of offense per game (fourth in FCS), including 304.8 passing (fifth) and 165.4 rushing (53rd).

The Mountaineers are right behind Eastern in total offense nationally, averaging 468.6 yards to rank fifth. Appalachian State is fifth in FCS in rushing offense (267.5) and third in scoring (41.6).

Mountaineers rank 24th in FCS in pass efficiency defense (111.3) with 14 interceptions.

Eastern is 19th in rushing defense in FCS, allowing an average of 130.4 yards per game.

xcoffeex

Looks like the 5th best rushing offense against the 19th rushing D, and likewise the 5th best passing offense vs. the 24th best pass D. Should be a good old fashioned slugfest!

I agree, but when looking at JMU (who plays in a run happy league) they only averaged allowing just over 100 yards/game rushing. ASU rushed for over 200 yards...........in only 19 minutesxsmiley_wix .

Screamin_Eagle174
November 27th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I agree, but when looking at JMU (who plays in a run happy league) they only averaged allowing just over 100 yards/game rushing. ASU rushed for over 200 yards...........in only 19 minutesxsmiley_wix .

Doesn't matter if they play in a run happy league if they can't stop the run... was their run D ranked?

Appaholic
November 27th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Dang...without spilling it all over you tooxthumbsupx I'm usually good for the 1st 6 before I'm wearing it. I'll be up there my fellow shotgunnin app brother...hope to come by for one of those...or maybe 6 or so:D I'm usually up in Greenwood; that drive from Charleston is a b!tch so I don't get up for many games, but I was there Saturday and had to come back this weekend.xrotatehx

We'll be at Raley in front of the brick wall near the circle....one of our friends got a parking permit, so we congregate over there....come on down, I'll shotgun one with you....xthumbsupx

biggie
November 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Doesn't matter if they play in a run happy league if they can't stop the run... was their run D ranked?
JMU 23rd Run Defense at 126.6 yds per game.

From what I'm looking at EWU is 28th not 19th.

ASUdrummer
November 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I just want to say that EWU has all of my repsect already...This has been one of the best posting topics ever. No smack, just good ol' stats and welcoming to the ones that are comin' to Boone. I love it...Kudos to both teams fans!

EdubAlum
November 27th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hey EdubAlum:

i find kegstands to be much more efficient, but i'm guessing they don't let bring kegs.

biggie
November 27th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Just going to mention something that may be overlooked. IF (that's a big if) ASU decides to throw the ball, it could hurt EWU.

ASU avg little over 200 passing yards per game.
EWU gives up over 240 passing yards per game.

But not sure why we have not explored down the flield more often recently, very few people can keep up with Dexter or cover some of the other WRs. Who knows.

biggie
November 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
i find kegstands to be much more efficient, but i'm guessing they don't let bring kegs.
Kegs definately would be a tough thing to get by with and pretty useless for the hour or 2 of tailgating availble for these 12 kickoffs.

The cops tolerate the public drinking, they've told me to do a better job of hiding a 24oz can of pbr before, but a keg would be pushing it.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
This is a little off-topic, but where do you go to get the school-unique banners in your sig?

appfan2008
November 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Just going to mention something that may be overlooked. IF (that's a big if) ASU decides to throw the ball, it could hurt EWU.

ASU avg little over 200 passing yards per game.
EWU gives up over 240 passing yards per game.

But not sure why we have not explored down the flield more often recently, very few people can keep up with Dexter or cover some of the other WRs. Who knows.

decideding to throw the ball and actually throwing it are 2 different things at app this year... i would say half of the throwing plays in the last couple of weeks have been turned into armanti scrambles...

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
This is a little off-topic, but where do you go to get the school-unique banners in your sig?

www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18244&highlight=user+bars

I didn't go through all the pages, but if you don't see EWU, then PM Mountaineer...I'm sure he'll make one for ya.

HiHiYikas
November 27th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Do you EWU fans think your guys would mind wearing SOMETHING purple on Saturday? A helmet, an armband, pants, shoelaces, ANYTHING.

ASUMountaineer
November 27th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Kegs definately would be a tough thing to get by with and pretty useless for the hour or 2 of tailgating availble for these 12 kickoffs.

The cops tolerate the public drinking, they've told me to do a better job of hiding a 24oz can of pbr before, but a keg would be pushing it.

Depends on where you park and how good you are at drinking it. Maybe they don't mess with us in Justice, but we've done it. We just don't advertise it and keep it in the back of the Jeep. Works pretty well. xbeerchugx

APPride
November 27th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Depends on where you park and how good you are at drinking it. Maybe they don't mess with us in Justice, but we've done it. We just don't advertise it and keep it in the back of the Jeep. Works pretty well. xbeerchugx

you just did, you "real man of genius, keg in the bag of the jeep guy" ! ... is it bud light? xthumbsupx

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM
one of the reasons we can't get the ball to Jackson in the middle is that teams are using a defensive scheme ( I believe it is 5 defensive backs) that makes it difficult to pass the ball in the middle of the field. The only passing options are short passes to the side lines. The advatages of this is we can get 5 to 7 yards anytime we want it. The disadvantage is that it forces us to be patient, and move the ball down the field slowly. something we are not comfortable doing.

kalm
November 27th, 2007, 09:04 PM
I just want to say that EWU has all of my repsect already...This has been one of the best posting topics ever. No smack, just good ol' stats and welcoming to the ones that are comin' to Boone. I love it...Kudos to both teams fans!

xthumbsupx I wish I could be there to tip a couple with some Appy fans.

ASUPATCH
November 28th, 2007, 09:25 AM

As far as ghetto beer goes I am kinda partial to Southpaw Light. But it probably be whiskey and ginger for me.

boonegoon
November 28th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Hey EWU fans, you should bring some Olympia! My personal college beer of choice. Haven't seen any in a while.

T-Dog
November 28th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Yep. It's 100x times better than the last time we played a Big Sky team (on both accounts)

Oh the memories...xrolleyesx

Hope that EWU brings their A-Game and the Apps win it. As much respect I have for EWU and their fans I REALLY want another shot at Wofford in Boone. However we got a buzzsaw to go through before anymore talk of that.

Black Saturday
November 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
one of the reasons we can't get the ball to Jackson in the middle is that teams are using a defensive scheme ( I believe it is 5 defensive backs) that makes it difficult to pass the ball in the middle of the field. The only passing options are short passes to the side lines. The advatages of this is we can get 5 to 7 yards anytime we want it. The disadvantage is that it forces us to be patient, and move the ball down the field slowly. something we are not comfortable doing.

Patience? I get impatient if we don't score in less than 3 minutes. Actually, I think most of our scores are in 2 min or less. Just think of what the score may have been with JMU had we had the ball a little longer. JMU had the right plan by playing keep away.

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Ok boys, I will be there on Saturday. Our CO isn't making us perform duty on Sat. as I thought. I'm bringing a few guys down with me as well. I told them they get to see two teams play for a REAL Championship and they were on board (I might have thrown in there lots of drunk girls). xthumbsupx xthumbsupx SEE YA AT THE ROCK!!!

appfan2008
November 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Ok boys, I will be there on Saturday. Our CO isn't making us perform duty on Sat. as I thought. I'm bringing a few guys down with me as well. I told them they get to see two teams play for a REAL Championship and they were on board (I might have thrown in there lots of drunk girls). xthumbsupx xthumbsupx SEE YA AT THE ROCK!!!

glad to hear you and your buds can make it... i hope we get as many there as we can

asu7
November 28th, 2007, 10:00 AM

Glad you can go and bring some people ... the more we bring the better ;)

kalm
November 28th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Hey EWU fans, you should bring some Olympia! My personal college beer of choice. Haven't seen any in a while.

That's getting tough to find even around here, but I think Eagles Pub in Cheney still carries it in the can.

As for gas station, beer I prefer a Brass Monkey - Natty and orange juice. xthumbsupx

rjg129
November 28th, 2007, 10:15 AM
im looking forward to this game...

anyone knows if EWU bringing their band?

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2007, 10:21 AM

Highly doubt it.......playoffs = short notice, and it is a long expensive trip.

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM

I miss the 11oz stubbies. last time i went to the east coast i brought some Oly back for a displaced Seattlite. You have me seriously considering bringing some more...

http://diversioncansafes.com/otherimages/exp/52009s.jpg

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2007, 10:23 AM

from what i heard, cheerleaders yes, band no

APPride
November 28th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Patience? I get impatient if we don't score in less than 3 minutes. Actually, I think most of our scores are in 2 min or less. Just think of what the score may have been with JMU had we had the ball a little longer. JMU had the right plan by playing keep away.

xnodx xnodx xnodx boy, we ARE spoiled, aren't we? :D :D xrotatehx

biggie
November 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Anyone heard ticket sales numbers? Last I heard early yesterday there were tons left. I'd really like to hope/see 20K+.

boonegoon
November 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I miss the 11oz stubbies. last time i went to the east coast i brought some Oly back for a displaced Seattlite. You have me seriously considering bringing some more...

http://diversioncansafes.com/otherimages/exp/52009s.jpg

Oh , I have fond memories of the stubbies. I imagine there are still several cases (empty, of course) at the man cave I used to live in in Breckenridge, CO.

biggie
November 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM
^What Boone really needs is a brewery back in town. For those of us who were there when Cottonwood was downtown it was the best beer ever. Still Cottonwood flavors are pretty good at the Carolina Blonde brewery though not quite the same.

boonegoon
November 28th, 2007, 10:47 AM
^What Boone really needs is a brewery back in town. For those of us who were there when Cottonwood was downtown it was the best beer ever. Still is pretty good at the Carolina Blonde brewery though not quite the same.

I've been saying this for years. When the old Farmers Hardware went out of business, I pictured one going in there.

Appaholic
November 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM

No....local authorities are funny that way......and I agree, keg stands are much more efficient....xthumbsupx

bamamountaineer1013
November 28th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Do you EWU fans think your guys would mind wearing SOMETHING purple on Saturday? A helmet, an armband, pants, shoelaces, ANYTHING.

biggie
November 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I've been saying this for years. When the old Farmers Hardware went out of business, I pictured one going in there.
Wished something cool would have taken over Rafters as well, its sad that so many good places have closed up there over the years.

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I hear attendance figures in the ball park of 18,000 to 23,000, that is from the athletic administration. 18,000 looks like more of reality though.

bamamountaineer1013
November 28th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I hear attendance figures in the ball park of 18,000 to 23,000, that is from the athletic administration. 18,000 looks like more of reality though.

Let's hope it leans to the 23k side. That would be amazing for a playoff game there.

asu7
November 28th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Wished something cool would have taken over Rafters as well, its sad that so many good places have closed up there over the years.

I really miss deloree's .. man their wings were awesome ... especially the bourbon (sp)

Mondays was .25 wing night and 1.00 drafts
Tuesday was .20 wing night and 2.00 imports >> my favorite night

HiHiYikas
November 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I really miss Savannah Joe's/Rafters, not to mention the Carribean Cafe. There are places that seem to hang on year after year, and I can't understand why. Then there are places that are great and don't last.

I don't get it.

Mountaineer#96
November 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM
I really miss Savannah Joe's/Rafters, not to mention the Carribean Cafe. There are places that seem to hang on year after year, and I can't understand why. Then there are places that are great and don't last.

I don't get it.

Boone is really wierd like that..... I remember Spooners .25 cent wings....of course now it is Flipside, which isn't a bad joint for beers.

EdubAlum
November 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM
where can the best pizza in Boone be found? (please don't say pizza hut or dominos)

mountaintop
November 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
where can the best pizza in Boone be found? (please don't say pizza hut or dominos)

I'd say Mellow Mushroom, make sure to get some garlic pretzels too.