PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on a hard fought game and season JMU...

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I figured we would be playing you guys before the brackets were announced. I was nervous going into the game because of your offense. You guys kicked our butts up and down the field. Lady Luck just wanted to root for the Mountaineers.

It's a shame you guys lost this early in the playoffs. This would have created so much more buzz if it was later on.

Regardless of who won today, it was one of the best, if not the best, game I've seen in person. Congrats once again on a good season and a hard fought game.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 03:41 PM
yalls crowd is the ***** no joke, great intensity and true fans. best game ive ever seen, ever in person or probably otherwise....if yall woulda won i woulda been a duke fan the rest of the way through. cant wait to face yall again next year, we got us one more rival and i love it. congrats on a great season, and please wish us luck, if we see another running back/qb tandem like yalls were in trouble.

appfan2008
November 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
great game jmu and your fans were loud even though we outnumbered them of course

blackfordpu
November 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
How did this one transpire, game winning drive/FG?

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 05:04 PM
JMU fumbled the ball....10 yards from the endzone on third down. We were up 28-27...they should have kicked it. That was the last play

Zoo
November 24th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but I did see that sweet fake by JMU to score that TD.

Great effort Dukes, and great job Appalachian State.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AppGirl
November 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Great game Dukes! xhurrayx I was consoling my sons throughout. It's gotta be a heart-breaker for you guys.xoopsx Look forward to playing you again next year.xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM
xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx xnodx xbowx

TheKDL
November 24th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I will be making the trip next year to see this game at JMU. When we played them last year it was a good game and even better this year. Next year should be even better.

I hate JMU lost like that, those hurt the worst. JMU if you make it to the playoffs next year I will be pulling for you guys, you had this game won and when we pulled it out I was on my way to shake some of your hands because you played such a great game and were very professional about it.

Hats off!

Saint3333
November 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I couldn't agree more with this thread.

1. JMU is a great team, Landers is amazing and the FCS better watch out for this team who doesn't lose that many players next year.
2. Mickey is a great coach, yes one bad decision, but he brought in an excellent gameplan.
3. JMU brought the best playoff fan support I've ever seen in Boone. Classy fans (a couple of good natured smackers here and there), I look forward to the return trip next year.

I really hope that we can continue this series!

BarefootApp
November 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Great job, JMU...can't beat a playoff system (right, Terriers?)....no wonder the NCAA does not recognize a national champion at the "highest level" (BCS).....go apps AND go socon

Dukie95
November 24th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I certainly appreciate the kind words, guys...this is really painful.

Please don't take this personally, but hearing "you guys are great, it's a shame you had to go out so early..." is getting a bit old for us.

It's the same thing we got last year after losing a heartbreaker to YSU in the first round.

xbawlingx xbawlingx

It's just really, really difficult.

Right now, there's nothing left to do but root on the CAA and the Montaineers. It would be nice to have you guys come to Harrisonburg as the defending champs, plus, JMU would remain one of the last two teams to win the NC. :)

Sir William
November 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
What a great game. But I'm not surprised by the way the game ended. As I was watching on TV with a friend, I said to him, "Look out for that Mountain Magic." Sure enough, JMU fumbles and App recovers. xnodx

Tough way for a fine team like JMU to lose. But those of us at Furman have seen that ol' Mountain Magic too many times, as certain victory was snatched away with less than a few seconds to play. xbawlingx

I know exactly how the Dukes feel right now. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Congrats, App...and rep the SoCon well in the next round! xthumbsupx

GoldandBlack
November 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Congrats, App State, and my condolences to JMU.

After having 3 nervous breakdowns during our game with Montana, I can sympathize- either team could have won, and it came down to an unpredictable finish for both games.

Four excellent teams that probably should have met later in the pairings, at least in my opinion.xtwocentsx

HaveFunKc
November 24th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Right now, there's nothing left to do but root on the CAA and the Montaineers. It would be nice to have you guys come to Harrisonburg as the defending champs, plus, JMU would remain one of the last two teams to win the NC. :)

Believe me - we wouldn't want it any other way! xthumbsupx

Great game at the Rock today!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
What a game........tough game for either team to lose.

This was my first trip to The Rock......a pleasant experience and the BBQ sandwiches were great!

It's going to take some time for this one to heal.....I just can't get over the 4th and 2 call and then not just running the clock down and kick the FG.

Good luck in the next round.

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
If both games were in the semifinals.....wow how crazy would it have been then? ;)

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM
What a game........tough game for either team to lose.

This was my first trip to The Rock......a pleasant experience and the BBQ sandwiches were great!

It's going to take some time for this one to heal.....I just can't get over the 4th and 2 call and then not just running the clock down and kick the FG.

Good luck in the next round.

I never agreed with the 4th and 2 but Mathews said because you guys were killing us on the ground all game, plus 4-4 on 4th down he was confident in going for it.

The fumble, I still don't know what he was thinking in calling that. Kick the FG, kick off game over.

Great game, amazing turn of events, glad it's over now. Don't know if I could have taken any more of it.