PDA

View Full Version : Athlon Top 25 FCS For 2023

SU DOG
May 23rd, 2023, 12:58 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2023

FUBeAR
May 23rd, 2023, 01:35 PM
Which did more to get Bill & Mary up to that #4 ranking…

A) losing by nearly half a hundred in the Playoffs to a semi-finalist that then lost by 3 scores?

OR

B) losing to Elon, who Furman completely boat-raced in the Playoffs?

POD Knows
May 23rd, 2023, 01:40 PM
What did more to get Bill & Mary up to that #4 ranking…

A) losing by nearly half a hundred in the Playoffs to a semi-finalist that then lost by 3 scores?

OR

Well, shoegate reared its ugly head in that playoff game so you can throw that out or something.

nodak651
May 23rd, 2023, 01:54 PM
MVFC should have 5 or 6 in the top 25 this year. UNI and Youngstown or someone else should be in. CAA has 5 teams in because they play some of the softest OOC schedules in the country. FCS pollsters are a joke.

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2023, 02:02 PM
MVFC should have 5 or 6 in the top 25 this year. UNI and Youngstown or someone else should be in. CAA has 5 teams in because they play some of the softest OOC schedules in the country. FCS pollsters are a joke.

Yeah, we have a P5 and a Socon on our schedule so we are really sandbagging. Hope you guys can get by Drake in your opener.

OhioHen
May 23rd, 2023, 02:09 PM
Which did more to get Bill & Mary up to that #4 ranking…

OR

Someone from the CAA has to be severely overhyped in the preseason. May as well be the married couple.

nodak651
May 23rd, 2023, 02:14 PM
CAA OOC Competition (https://masseyratings.com/inter?s=384031&sub=11246)
MVFC OOC Competition (https://masseyratings.com/inter?s=384031&sub=85697)

no comparison.

FUBeAR
May 23rd, 2023, 02:18 PM
Yeah, we have a P5 and a Socon on our schedule so we are really sandbagging. Hope you guys can get by Drake in your opener.
You’re counting Wofford at Home as a tough game against a SoCon Team?

The LittleYappers haven’t beaten a SoCon Team with a winning record in almost 4 years.

Sure, they beat Elon during that drought, but everybody beats Elon…oh, wait…

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2023, 04:03 PM
You’re counting Wofford at Home as a tough game against a SoCon Team?

The LittleYappers haven’t beaten a SoCon Team with a winning record in almost 4 years.

Sure, they beat Elon during that drought, but everybody beats Elon…oh, wait…

We're talking about scheduling. When we scheduled the game who knew they would be down. We have your Paladins coming up soon in future years as well.

caribbeanhen
May 24th, 2023, 06:50 AM
Someone from the CAA has to be severely overhyped in the preseason. May as well be the married couple.

New Hampshire wins The overhyped CAA team on this poll

I would put
4. Holy Cross
5. Furman
6. William & Mary

SEMO? Hess is good but I’ll believe SEMO is when they actually do something good

UNHWildcat18
May 24th, 2023, 02:21 PM
New Hampshire wins The overhyped CAA team on this poll

I would put
4. Holy Cross
5. Furman
6. William & Mary

SEMO? Hess is good but I’ll believe SEMO is when they actually do something good

Once again you make statements against UNH with no real argument. We were a really young team last year, return everyone and gain a piece or two. Have a favorable schedule, winnable FBS game. Went 7-1 last year in conference. Everyone is overhyped when you have teams like SDSU running the show.

ncspiderfan
May 24th, 2023, 02:51 PM
Spiders at #21 might still be proper, but there are errors in the posted report.

Tyler King the Stony Brook transfer LB is not on the roster. I really can not figure out if he ever got enrolled. That hurt the two deep at that position.

Jasiah Williams was indeed a really good WR last year and in fact the #1 returning, injured in spring. Last report might make it back for later part of schedule in the fall.
Spiders are fairly deep at WR, so while it will hurt, they still got some depth, but last years top three are gone with Herres and Henley graduating and now the injury.

DL two deep with players who have all started at some point and/or saw four games last year and are now RSF, probably the deepest positions group on the team. If LB group proves solid, run game against Spiders will be non-existent again I suspect, excepting possibly W&M, who is only team that established a run game last year.
DB two deep is pretty solid as well. I think this group has two grads playing their fifth year who were starters already.

Last I saw there are only 4 RBs on the roster right now including a Freshman. The other three have been in program for a while, One that split time last year with Dykes who graduated and two that played but were simply behind the others and waiting their turn to move up.
OL got beat up in spring ball, but should be fine by fall and plenty of game time in the whole group and just picked up a JMU transfer. TE position has two returning that were injured most of last year, so fine there if they stay healthy.
QB is position that Spiders will have to see how things develop, after Udinski, 80% of his game would likely be fine.

As always the problem with most private schools is roster count. Last I saw Spiders had about 77 counting the incoming freshman, but they seldom have 85 or more anyway.

caribbeanhen
May 24th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Once again you make statements against UNH with no real argument. We were a really young team last year, return everyone and gain a piece or two. Have a favorable schedule, winnable FBS game. Went 7-1 last year in conference. Everyone is overhyped when you have teams like SDSU running the show.

Not against New Hampshire at all, just not sold on on the Wildcats after the drubbing NC Central gave you last year and look where they’re ranked…. and you ignore my “statements” about how good Dylan Laube was from 2 years ago

looking forward to seeing UNH show up in Newark on 9-23 ….. game of the year!

battistadonati
May 26th, 2023, 05:22 AM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2023- (https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2023)here (https://betpokies.co.nz/no-deposit-bonus)

Strange that Florida A&M is not on the list. Their 9-2, 7-1 SWAC have great promise, it will be nice to follow them

crusader11
May 26th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Strange that Florida A&M is not on the list. Their 9-2, 7-1 SWAC have great promise, it will be nice to follow them

Nothing strange about it.

caribbeanhen
May 26th, 2023, 07:26 AM
Nothing strange about it.

Was he being. sarcastic? I don’t know but these media pollsters will include Florida A&M in these polls if they have a pulse so by them not being in the poll might be strange indeed…