PDA

View Full Version : The South salutes Wofford thread!!

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
This is the thread for the southerners to salute Wofford as they take the fight to the Montana Griz. Post pictures, talk about Jerry Richardson, talk up how great Montana is (Griz fans xthumbsupx ).

GO WOFFORD!!!! I even changed my avatar.

phillyAPP
November 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
This is the thread for the southerners to salute Wofford as they take the fight to the Montana Griz. Post pictures, talk about Jerry Richardson, talk up how great Montana is (Griz fans xthumbsupx ).

GO WOFFORD!!!! I even changed my avatar.

Go WOFFORD --- Snow is a good thing ----Beat Da Grizzxthumbsupx

gsugt1
November 22nd, 2007, 09:04 AM
Go Wofford !!

bobbythekidd
November 22nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
I say go Wofford.

A side note: I am also taking bets for the over/under on when this ends up on the smack board.xlolx

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah I was debating where to stick this........if it gets smack laden it will be there fast although.

ASU
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Give 'em heck Wofford !! Montana is good, but you can be better on any given Saturday. Your coach is inovative and your line is solid.....it would only be a small upset if you win there. Make some history !
Besides.....we want to see you in Boone later on in the playoffs.
Show the Griz what the SoCon is like this year.....xbeerchugx

GreatAppSt
November 22nd, 2007, 09:48 AM
I thought Terrierists were not allowed to fly in the US per Homeland Security. Go WoCo on them UM UM UM Griz.

YesAppCan
November 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Go Wofford... Beat the Grizzly

catamount man
November 22nd, 2007, 10:50 AM
Go Terriers!!!

(I still think UM wins);) :D

ASUMountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Go WoCo. Represent the South. It's not as nice as the NC flag, but here goes.

AppGirl
November 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
GO WOFFORD!!!

spdram
November 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
The Spiders say Go Wofford, kick some Grizzly butt! See ya'll in Richmond the followning week!

GaSouthern
November 22nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
GOOOOOOO WOFFIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gophoenix
November 22nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Good luck Wofford, go at it full force and run it down some grizzly neck!!!!

GaSouthern
November 22nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
changed my avatar!

KiddBrewer
November 22nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
bring it back home to spartanburg woffy....i know you got it in youxthumbsupx

GoAgs72
November 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM
I've lived my whole life in California but for this game I'm going to be a temporary Southerner. I do like Wofford coming out of nowhere (from a Pacific Coast perspective - I don't even know where Wofford is or anything about the campus) and from a tough conference. I do like the underdog status of Wofford coming into a large, unfriendly stadium in a marginal climate situation. I don't like the fact that Montana does not like to play teams from the GWFC away from their own stadium. I do like the tough schedule Wofford played including a number of playoff teams and past FCS champions. Good luck! Next year I am hoping for both UC Davis and Cal Poly to be in the mix as underdog playoff-bound teams.

terrierbob
November 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
I've lived my whole life in California but for this game I'm going to be a temporary Southerner. I do like Wofford coming out of nowhere (from a Pacific Coast perspective - I don't even know where Wofford is or anything about the campus) and from a tough conference. I do like the underdog status of Wofford coming into a large, unfriendly stadium in a marginal climate situation. I don't like the fact that Montana does not like to play teams from the GWFC away from their own stadium. I do like the tough schedule Wofford played including a number of playoff teams and past FCS champions. Good luck! Next year I am hoping for both UC Davis and Cal Poly to be in the mix as underdog playoff-bound teams.

Thanks for the support. Take a look:

www.wofford.edu

ERASU2113
November 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Go Terriers!

millwoga1
November 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
T-Dogs!

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Have a safe flight Terriers. :)

GoAgs72
November 22nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Very nice virtual tour of the campus on the web site. I also learned how to pronounce "Wofford" correctly. I'm used to a big campus like UC Davis - over 30,000 students and largest UC campus in land area (4000+ acres). How many students at Wofford? I'm assuming class size is relatively small. Undergraduate classes at UC Davis often have 400-500 students. You get the smaller class size in upper division and graduate classes.

GreatAppSt
November 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Very nice virtual tour of the campus on the web site. I also learned how to pronounce "Wofford" correctly. I'm used to a big campus like UC Davis - over 30,000 students and largest UC campus in land area (4000+ acres). How many students at Wofford? I'm assuming class size is relatively small. Undergraduate classes at UC Davis often have 400-500 students. You get the smaller class size in upper division and graduate classes.

For Wofford to have a graduating class of 400 would be huge. I belive enrollment is close to 1200 give or take.:)

WyomingGrizFan
November 22nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
talk about Jerry Richardson

I was wondering, being that I'am an old Baltimore Colts fan from way, way back in the good o' days. Is that 'the' same Jerry Richardson that was a WR for the Colts back in the, say, early sixties...or thereabouts?...as I recall. Mighty fine receiver he was as I recall; along with Raymond Berry catching passes from Johnny U. at the time.

If so,...Best regards from an o' Colts (pre-1984) fan. hope all is well. Still, though,.....GO GRIZ!!!!!!

Appdad
November 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
GO WOFFORD!!!!!!!!

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM
Ok, you got me...changed my avatar too...SoCon solidarity. xthumbsupx

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, you got me...changed my avatar too...SoCon solidarity. xthumbsupx
Yeah baby!!

Mountaineer#96
November 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
I was wondering, being that I'am an old Baltimore Colts fan from way, way back in the good o' days. Is that 'the' same Jerry Richardson that was a WR for the Colts back in the, say, early sixties...or thereabouts?...as I recall. Mighty fine receiver he was as I recall; along with Raymond Berry catching passes from Johnny U. at the time.

If so,...Best regards from an o' Colts (pre-1984) fan. hope all is well. Still, though,.....GO GRIZ!!!!!!

Yeah buddy, that would be the same guy. He is the owner of the Carolina Panthers as well.

Here is his bio : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Richardson

appmountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
come on terriers!

SuperEagle
November 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Good luck Wofford. The SOCON is fighting for some respect so I hope you guys can pull the upset and get us some. Go Wofford and ASU.

WyomingGrizFan
November 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Damn. Hate to be going up against you guys, but that's how it goes, I guess. You'll be one mighty fine team to beat, that's for sure. It'll be an honour.

Thanks for the link cited, 'Mountaineer#96.' Except I like watching and hearing a lot better, especially over such a fine character of a man as a Mr. Jerry Richardson.

http://www.knowitall.org/legacy/laureates/Jerry%20Richardson.html

...at least on the 'video sement.' My reading these days tends to get somewhat befuddled for some reason. Oh well. Leaves me speechless. I still think that the Colts made a very bad mistake for not kicking in a mere extra $ 250.00. I mean, really.

DuckDuckGriz
November 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM
GO WOFFORDwomen's basketball!!!!!!

citdog
November 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Go Terriers!

The South Carolina Corps of Cadets are with you! The Whole South is with you!

xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
November 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Me an citdog agree, watch out devil, it's gonna get COLD
;)