PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales

placidlakegriz
November 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
How are ticket sales going for your playoff games?

We are hoping to set another record in Missoula:

according to this morning's Missoulian:
Quote:
"As of 5 p.m. Tuesday over 14,000 tckets had been sold, UM athletic director Jim O'Day said. At this pace the Griz could equal the attendance for last year's first-round game against McNeese State, which was 20,077."

Good job, Griz fans

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM
I have no idea here in boone but... i know i have bought my tickets and my guess would be that they would be on a record pace for a first round game but i am sure we wont get more than 20k... more than likely around 15-16k

GGASU
November 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
We are at a better pace then last year. (16200 first round last year)

Season Ticket holders that didn't purchase their tickets were released today.

As of 10 am we had about 500 seats left, plus 300+ grass tickets already sold. Depending on students we should break last years first round attendance.

placidlakegriz
November 21st, 2007, 09:46 AM
We are at a better pace then last year. (16200 first round last year)

Season Ticket holders that didn't purchase their tickets were released today.

As of 10 am we had about 500 seats left, plus 300+ grass tickets already sold. Depending on students we should break last years first round attendance.

GREAT JOB!!!

biggie
November 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
There probably won't be many students as usual, and 1/2 of them will leave at half anyway. We always sit at the far end of the student section and it empties out no matter the score. The cold may drive more out at half.

But its good to hear they are selling seats at that good of a pace. 18k+ could be possible.

Stubbins
November 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
going to get mine right now!!

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 10:07 AM
I dont know why some students leave early but my fiancee and i have never left early and we are seniors and coming back early for the game and we will be there the whole time regardless of the score and the weather... should be a great game and i cant wait

bluehenbillk
November 21st, 2007, 10:50 AM
UD-DSU has mixed things leaking out: Put it whis way, on the low end there are 13,000 tickets sold so far & with more UD STH's purchasing it's 19,000 on the high end. In the end there will be between 20,000 and a full house of 22K at the game.

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 10:59 AM
that is so great to hear from ud... should be fun to watch on friday

DuckDuckGriz
November 21st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Full house for ESPN at UD! xprayx

AAadict
November 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM
Hen's season tix holders have until 6pm tonight (Wed.) to purchase tix. I have my 6 in hand. After 6pm the tix not purchased go on sale to the general public (Ticketron). It is expected that 20k + will be in attendance. UD sent more tix to Del State (2k and growing) than any previous visiting team. Not bad since Del State did not draw 2k for their last home game on 11/17 vs. Howard.

Grizaholic17
November 21st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Keep me updated on the Griz sales! I would really like to see 20,000+ again!

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM
UNI is essentially sold-out. They sell tickets at the box offices, as well as a handful of retailers around the area, and only the 'retailer' tickets are left (and only a small number at that).

16,400 is "sold out" though the attendance record is just over 17,000.

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM
i dont think the students that come back to the game at app will leave early. if they are willing to come back during their break, then they probably are the ones that dont leave.

mcveyrl
November 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Maybe some of the ASU fans can help me out, but I bought my tickets this afternoon. We are in Section 8 (of the stands, not housing) and if I remember we were in Section 7 last year (closest to the end zone). Does that mean that they have not sold any in Section 7?

KiddBrewer
November 21st, 2007, 07:24 PM
Maybe some of the ASU fans can help me out, but I bought my tickets this afternoon. We are in Section 8 (of the stands, not housing) and if I remember we were in Section 7 last year (closest to the end zone). Does that mean that they have not sold any in Section 7?

theres a way that you can go on the website you bought the tickets from and look at the exact tickets that are sold or otherwise....i was looking at that the other day, and for some reason section 7 was already sold.........my guess is that some of those are possibly going to your band?

Syntax Error
November 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
UD sent more tix to Del State (2k and growing) than any previous visiting team. Not bad since Del State did not draw 2k for their last home game on 11/17 vs. Howard.That was weird since they were averaging about 4500 before that.

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 07:48 PM
That was weird since they were averaging about 4500 before that.

Bad weather?

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
AH'VE HEARD.....OTHERAH MEAC SCHOOLS.....LIKE MORGAN STATE/HAMPTON....WHIFF IN STRIKIN' DISTANCE.....O' DUH TUB...WANT TICKETS....TA SHOW SUPPORT...FO' DELAWARE STATE...........CAIN'T SUBSTANTIATE.....NEEDLESS TA SAY DUH RUMOR MILL/GRAPEVINE......IS ELECTRIC.......IN DUH FIRST STATE....DIS WEEK!

SunCoastBlueHen
November 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
AH'VE HEARD.....OTHERAH MEAC SCHOOLS.....LIKE MORGAN STATE/HAMPTON....WHIFF IN STRIKIN' DISTANCE.....O' DUH TUB...WANT TICKETS....TA SHOW SUPPORT...FO' DELAWARE STATE...........CAIN'T SUBSTANTIATE.....NEEDLESS TA SAY DUH RUMOR MILL/GRAPEVINE......IS ELECTRIC.......IN DUH FIRST STATE....DIS WEEK!

Wow! If that is true, this game is generating even more wide spread interest than I thought it would. I hope to see an electric crowd on the tube at the Tub Friday afternoon. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
I dont know why some students leave early but my fiancee and i have never left early and we are seniors and coming back early for the game and we will be there the whole time regardless of the score and the weather... should be a great game and i cant wait

Glad to hear. I graduated in 2003 and while there I never missed a game and never left early. Since graduating, the only games I missed at KB were when I lived in Michigan for law school. Good to see dedication. xthumbsupx

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 21st, 2007, 08:39 PM

I purchased my tickets on Monday and I'm in the same section.

appsfan
November 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM
I checked ticket availability and there seems to be scattered tickets available in most sections. In one section there might be 20 to 30 available, another section 40 or 50, the next 15 to 20 , etc.

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 09:19 PM
UD-DSU has mixed things leaking out: Put it whis way, on the low end there are 13,000 tickets sold so far & with more UD STH's purchasing it's 19,000 on the high end. In the end there will be between 20,000 and a full house of 22K at the game.
Nope. See my post on the UD-DSU thread. You could buy tix right now on the 20's. You could actually even buy BOX SEATS! Something that you normally have to wait until you're 60 to get. Most likely 16,000 on Friday.

McTailGator
November 21st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Ticket sales are slow at McNeese.

All the season ticket holders have bought theirs (about 7,000) and they just opened it up today to non-season ticket holders. Closed on T-Giving, and reopens on Friday.

McNeese fans or notorious about waiting until the last minute and just walking up all at once.

Rain is in the forecast, so I will be supprised if we have more than 11,000, which is what we had last week when it rained. And the students are gone.

McNeese_beat
November 21st, 2007, 10:07 PM
Ticket sales are slow at McNeese.

All the season ticket holders have bought theirs (about 7,000) and they just opened it up today to non-season ticket holders. Closed on T-Giving, and reopens on Friday.

McNeese fans or notorious about waiting until the last minute and just walking up all at once.

Rain is in the forecast, so I will be supprised if we have more than 11,000, which is what we had last week when it rained. And the students are gone.

When I checked this afternoon, the count was up over 8,000 total.

I'm guessing they'll drew 11-14k with the weather. I'm just hoping that the rain that's supposed to come gets delayed until late at night.

McTailGator
November 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
When I checked this afternoon, the count was up over 8,000 total.

I'm guessing they'll drew 11-14k with the weather. I'm just hoping that the rain that's supposed to come gets delayed until late at night.

Kool, they sold about 1000 today to non season ticket holders than.

I talked to Scott P earlier today. So I guess they got busy after school let out and people got off work. It's not helping they don't sale over the phone.

McNeese_beat
November 21st, 2007, 10:18 PM
Kool, they sold about 1000 today to non season ticket holders than.

I talked to Scott P earlier today. So I guess they got busy after school let out and people got off work. It's not helping they don't sale over the phone.

I talked to Scott a little after 5...I was going to call later but we had a real early holiday deadline...and that's exactly what he said. Things picked up in the late afternoon. They still had 30-40 minutes before closing, so they may have gotten to 8,500.

thmst30
November 21st, 2007, 11:54 PM
When I bought my App. St. tickets, there was only one section available. Now theres 5? Why are more tickets becoming available instead of being bought.

GGASU
November 22nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
When I bought my App. St. tickets, there was only one section available. Now theres 5? Why are more tickets becoming available instead of being bought.

Season Ticket holders that didn't purchase tickets for this weekend were released today. I bought tickets before they were released like you did.