PDA

View Full Version : Indiana St - What Happened?

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Saw this on the NAIA web site, "Second-ranked St. Francis (Ind.) shocked NCAA DI Indiana State 42-10 in Terre Haute"...

What the heck happened in this game?

ISUMatt
September 11th, 2005, 08:30 AM
St Francis ran all over the Trees, who were down the entire game, never led!!! Hang your head Tree fans, it doesnt get much lower than this!!!

bkrownd
September 11th, 2005, 11:02 AM
St. Francis lost the championship game by a whisker last year.

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2005, 11:19 AM
It probably doesn't help the Ind. St. fans to know they are the only Gateway team to lose yesterday.

Hansel
September 11th, 2005, 11:46 AM
It probably doesn't help the Ind. St. fans to know they are the only Gateway team to lose yesterday.
I think they were the only Gateway team to lose to an OVC opponent last week too...

purduecrum
September 11th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Saw this on the NAIA web site, "Second-ranked St. Francis (Ind.) shocked NCAA DI Indiana State 42-10 in Terre Haute"...

What the heck happened in this game?

The Temple of I-AA?

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/sports/12618757.htm

3,100 fans? There are high school football teams in Indiana (a basketball state) that draw more than that!! I guess I never fully realized the truly sad state of ISU football.

TexasTerror
September 11th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Ouch! Doesn't seem like a happy coach...

The loss left first-year Indiana State coach Lou West clearly frustrated. The Sycamores, who have three winning seasons in the last 20 years, trailed just 14-10 at halftime after Andre Forte’s 3-yard touchdown run with 4:02 left.

“The biggest thing is I’m disappointed in that last quarter and a half,” West said. “Players just threw it in, threw in the towel. The biggest problem we have right now is guys that don’t want to face adversity. The blocked punt, the interception (late in the third quarter), I think it just threw them in a tailspin. I didn’t think we coached as well as we should have. I’ll take the blame for that.”

JohnStOnge
September 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM
St. Francis lost the championship game by a whisker last year.

I was wondering about that. I think a I-AA fan thinking any I-AA vs. NAIA matchup has to be a cakewalk for the I-AA is similar to a I-A fan thinking about every I-A vs. I-AA game that way.

I just looked at their web site and they were 13-0 before losing the national championship game 15-13. They just completely blew most of the people they played out...outscoring their opponents 555 to 147 over their 14 games. It wasn't your average NAIA team.

This was their first game of 2005 and it seems to indicate other NAIAs are going to have some problems dealing with them again.