PDA

View Full Version : GSU's Jayson Foster named SoCon Offensive Player of the Year

GSU 25+yrFan
November 20th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Georgia Southern senior quarterback Jayson Foster was named the league’s Offensive Player of the Year. After spending the 2006 season as a wide receiver, the native of Canton, Ga. was moved back to quarterback.

Up next for Jayson after hopefully wining the Payton Award...http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOfVreEXJM4

• Georgia Southern senior quarterback/wide receiver/returnman Jayson Foster is unlikely to remain under center following this season, but he will play professionally in an all-purpose capacity. Three weeks ago against Wofford, he rushed for 279 yards on 28 carries, including touchdowns of 72 and 82 yards. At 5-9, 168 pounds, he is not your normal pocket passer. Foster has rare agility, vision and burst in the open field that is on par with any starting skill position player on USC, Florida or LSU.

John Murphy is Yahoo! Sports' NFL personnel and college prospect evaluator. Murphy's seventh annual NFL Draft Bible package for the upcoming 2008 NFL Draft coverage is now available. Learn more at www.nfldraftbible.blogspot.com.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 08:36 AM
While I would make Armanti Edwards my first pick in the SoCon "draft" - Foster very much deserved this award - he was the most exciting, most dangerous opponent I saw all year - It was truly a shame he was not given the opportunity to perform his magic during his junior season - Maybe the NCAA should add to it's Medical Redshirt a provision to cover a Medically Ill Coach Redshirt - But as an APP fan I'm glad he is moving on ---

AshevilleApp
November 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Congrats to Foster.....glad he has moved on.