PDA

View Full Version : AGSers That will be in Missoula 11/23/07-FREE BEER!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The first thread I've ever started and I have to offer you free beer to get you to read it. I will be having a party for all the AGS community that can show up in Missoula on Friday night before the Wofford game. The party will be sponsored by Red's Bar and will be held at the back bar in said establishment. There will be plenty of beer provided for the party by Red's and will include some local favorites like Moose Drool, and possibly a couple of others as all details are not worked out yet. If you will be able to attend please reply to this thread so we can get somewhat of a head count as well as how many you will be showing up with. Create your own ticket for free beers by simply printing my user mane and your user name on a piece of paper and bring it to Red's on Friday night. The shindig starts at 8 PM MST. Below is a link to Google maps for directions if you need them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=reds+bar&near=Missoula,+MT&fb=1&cid=46871788,-113996061,4982400547153108878&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
UNI please take note:D

trouthunter
November 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
The first thread I've ever started and I have to offer you free beer to get you to read it. I will be having a party for all the AGS community that can show up in Missoula on Friday night before the Wofford game. The party will be sponsored by Red's Bar and will be held at the back bar in said establishment. There will be plenty of beer provided for the party by Red's and will include some local favorites like Moose Drool, and possibly a couple of others as all details are not worked out yet. If you will be able to attend please reply to this thread so we can get somewhat of a head count as well as how many you will be showing up with. Create your own ticket for free beers by simply printing my user mane and your user name on a piece of paper and bring it to Red's on Friday night. The shindig starts at 8 PM MST. Below is a link to Google maps for directions if you need them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=reds+bar&near=Missoula,+MT&fb=1&cid=46871788,-113996061,4982400547153108878&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

What a great idea Ursus--an excellent way to extend GRIZ hospitality! Too bad I will be stuck in Billings. I would encourage all of the Wofford faithful attend.

DuckDuckGriz
November 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
spelunker - any way you can tally my opportunity cost of not going to Missoula this weekend?

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Petrie Dish
November 19th, 2007, 05:03 PM

You're buying us free beer in Cedar Falls? That's awful nice of you.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 05:05 PM
You don't check the born on date do you?xwhistlex

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Screw the Hens, I'm coming to Missouly

DuckDuckGriz
November 19th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Screw the Hens, I'm coming to Missouly

That quote just might be my new signature

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM

Count SeattleGriz as one of the AGS'ers to be at Reds.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM
This is for Wofford, Griz, & ANY other fans that will be in Missoula. I thought I saw a post in another thread from a UC Davis fan that said some from there school would be here as well. If you are on AGS and have a user name you are welcome to come.

mlbowl
November 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Man....I wish I could be there!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Count SeattleGriz as one of the AGS'ers to be at Reds.

SeattleGriz, You are #1 on the list! There will be a door prize for you.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
spelunker - any way you can tally my opportunity cost of not going to Missoula this weekend?

I think it's something like $3-3.50/bottle. You'd be losing money if it were at 1/2 that from what I understand!

Tod
November 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Wish I could be there Ursus. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

I'm stuck out of town for the entire playoffs (except the NC, which I already have tickets for xnodx xnodx xnodx ).

Go Griz!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

MTGrizzFan
November 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I won't be getting there untill saturday morning or I would be there. Very nice of you.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I came up with this idea and talked to my friend that owns Red's Bar. I can not take undo credit for the honorable Mike Helean of Red's Bar. Any thanks for this party should be directed at him upon your attendance.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Make him THE door prize! :D

I will try and make it, it will depend on what my kids are up to, but I will give it a shot.

IaaScribe
November 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I miss drinking in Missoula. I lost a lot of brain cells at Stockman's, and watch Pat Kennedy get hammered the night before a game there too. Sigh.

griz37
November 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM

What if your screenname is Mr. C? :p

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Alright! Now I just need to beat the other 20 AGS'ers who are going to walk in the door and say, "Hi I'm SeattleGriz!"

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Yes - All four of you making the trip are welcome to attend. :D

Tod
November 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM

Won't he be in Boone? :p

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM

If he were to show up we would kill him with kindness. We would make him the Master of Ceremonies and make sure he was never without a beer in his palm!

dungeonjoe
November 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM
My wife says you buy airline ticket for me to get there, I'll buy your beer!xlolx xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 08:19 PM
My wife says you buy airline ticket for me to get there, I'll buy your beer!xlolx xrotatehx

dj, if your wife new me she would not have made that statement. Luckily we have a good tailgate and I get a lot of the drinking in during the game so this would curtail the spending slightly.

smegriz
November 19th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I will try to make it, just because I am finally going to be able to make it to my 1st home game this year, and I want to make it as much fun as possible...

grizband
November 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Count me in Ursus! Can't wait to meet some other AGSers and any Wofford fans who travel to Missoula. xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Count me in Ursus! Can't wait to meet some other AGSers and any Wofford fans who travel to Missoula. xnodx

Suuuuhhhwweeetttt! Let's get this party rollin'!

proasu89
November 19th, 2007, 09:20 PM

You didn't go the Love Offering route on Sunday?xeyebrowx
Might have been worth a shot. Missions trip to Missoulaxeyebrowx
Just sayin....

Griz0383
November 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Griz0383 is a go! Maybe we could get Mike to record the UD VS DSU game and show it as the AGSers get a bit twisted! any thoughts?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Griz0383 is a go! Maybe we could get Mike to record the UD VS DSU game and show it as the AGSers get a bit twisted! any thoughts?

Great idea, I'm on way down there now so will do a little recon.

ErksEagles
November 19th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Yall get a picture while your there

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Yall get a picture while your there

My brother calls me "shutterbug" because I usually have my camera in my pocket. Of course after he is done making fun of me, he always wants copies of my "stupid pictures".

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM
My brother calls me "shutterbug" because I usually have my camera in my pocket. Of course after he is done making fun of me, he always wants copies of my "stupid pictures".

Well then I guess we have the pictures thing taken care of.

Grizzaholic
November 20th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I will stop by for a beer or two.

fencer24
November 20th, 2007, 03:30 PM
How can I miss on free beer? Oh, that's right, I'm married.

spelunker64
November 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM

Opportunity cost goes out the window when free beer is involved, heck all economics do I guess. xprost2x

El Griz
November 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeer. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gooooooooooooood. Hope it is not all Micro though.

proasu89
November 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeer. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gooooooooooooood. Hope it is not all Micro though.

Picky....Picky....Picky....:D

I live by the motto...If it's free, It's for mexlolx

Wish I had a picture of someone looking a gift horse in the mouth:p

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Yes there will be Bud Light as well as Trout Slayer, and some Moose Drool for those that want to try out some local Micro brew stuff. Does this mean you will be showing up?

Grizo406
November 20th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I don't want to get every one's hopes up, but if I can get out of a babysitting commitment, I'll be there.

If you don't see me there, catch me at the game, and I'll sign what ever ya' got, for free...pictures will be a little extra!

griz37
November 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I don't want to get every one's hopes up, but if I can get out of a babysitting commitment, I'll be there.

If you don't see me there, catch me at the game, and I'll sign what ever ya' got, for free...pictures will be a little extra!

I had heard Bronco was old but I didn't know he needed a babysitter. :p

UMTbuds
November 20th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Ursus, my roomies and friends are out of town til Saturday. I would love to get a head start on this weekend! I know I don't have many posts, but I read AGS daily. Thanks for the great idea!

Bronco
November 20th, 2007, 05:41 PM
I had heard Bronco was old but I didn't know he needed a babysitter. :p

Grizzo is my care giver at the old Griz home. Nobody wipes azz like that young whipper snapper Grizzo...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Grizzo is my care giver at the old Griz home. Nobody wipes azz like that young whipper snapper Grizzo...

I'm glad to hear that Grizo takes his job so seriously. Grizo could just load you up in the bus and bring you to the party and solve both problems at once. Grizo please start bronco out with a fresh depends before the party though. Bring an extra one for me just in case.....

Also to UMTbuds, look forward to seeing you there.

Grizo406
November 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Grizzo is my care giver at the old Griz home. Nobody wipes, kicks, and gets azz like that young whipper snapper Grizzo...

Had to do a little fixin' for my old, feeble friend!xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cleets
November 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM

Hey..!!
Just got me thinking about The Rattle Snake area..

I used to know a guy named Dr. Ray Johnston (he passed away) and his wife Joan and their two girls Brooke (of Brookies cookies fame) who I hung out with way back in like 1983 and the Dark haired daughter is now married to the coach at BYU...

Do you know if Joan still lives back there on that little ranch..?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Hey..!!

I used to know a guy named Dr. Ray Johnston (he passed away) and his wife Joan and their two girls Brooke (of Brookies cookies fame) who I hung out with way back in like 1983 and the Dark haired daughter is now married to the coach at BYU...

Gotta love those cookies, but I think that business got sold from what I heard.

nevadagriz
November 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Ursus were you one of the griz fans playing dice in the Holiday in at pokey a few weeks back? I thought one of them said he worked or owned reds??
How ever I could have been drunk and miss understood!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Ursus were you one of the griz fans playing dice in the Holiday in at pokey a few weeks back? I thought one of them said he worked or owned reds??

No that was probably Mike, he doesn't mind a good game of 4,5,6 or pair and a point. Was he follicly challenged? If so I'm pretty sure it was Mike.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Are there any Wofford that will be coming up for the game?

fencer24
November 21st, 2007, 12:17 PM
*Bump*

This is too important to drift to the 4th page.

Grizzle G
November 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM

That was us playing dice, Curley's is the bar.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Probably won't be able to check this thread till I get back on Friday so keep posting if your coming. And someone bump this for me once in a while so those that may not have seen it will get a chance to see it.

Grizaholic17
November 21st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Probably won't be able to check this thread till I get back on Friday so keep posting if your coming. And someone bump this for me once in a while so those that may not have seen it will get a chance to see it.

Wish I could make it...but I will be preoccupied with my family. Hope there is a good turnout. I mean FREE BEER PEOPLE!

Griz40
November 21st, 2007, 06:43 PM
I graduated in '93 so I am pretty sure that I have my answer but I have to ask......does the crazy old (old at that time) guy still stand out on those four corners incoherently trying to get people to change their religion? Does anyone else remember him??

SeattleGriz
November 21st, 2007, 07:14 PM
I graduated in '93 so I am pretty sure that I have my answer but I have to ask......does the crazy old (old at that time) guy still stand out on those four corners incoherently trying to get people to change their religion? Does anyone else remember him??

I do, and if you actually stopped by to talk with him, he carried on a great conversation. A lot of what he was doing was to just draw interest.

The guy I really enjoyed was the cross dresser that usually had a Barbie doll in his hand. He even used to go by a chicks name.

Edit - Her/his name was Sandra.

Poker Alan
November 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM

Is that the same dude that stood outside of Luke's and would dress up in different outfits (Abe Lincoln, etc)??

colgate13
November 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Awesome idea. How I wish I was in Missoula this weekend!

I was actually there a month ago and had a blast. I spent some time at the Kettlehouse Brewery and went out to some places later in the night. Montana can be a fun place!

Drink one for me boys!

TokyoGriz
November 21st, 2007, 08:05 PM

Your thinking about old RED.

He passed away about 2-3 years ago I think. Forget what his real name was but we all called him Red.

Guess he lost it after watching his wife and kid get run over. Then he started preaching on the street corners after the bars closed at 2 am, and sometimes during the days in downtown missoula.

nevadagriz
November 21st, 2007, 09:32 PM
Ah yes grizzle g i remember now. Nice to meet ya.
wish I could make it to reds for the festivities, however will someone please drink my free beer for me??

mavman

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2007, 09:35 PM
AH'M NOT GIVIN' UP DELAWARE/DELAWARE STATE...FO' UH GLASS O' DROOL......NOW IFIN' DERE GONNAH BE GREEN BOTTLES........WELL......

Griz40
November 22nd, 2007, 12:33 AM

Your thinking about old RED.

He passed away about 2-3 years ago I think. Forget what his real name was but we all called him Red.

Guess he lost it after watching his wife and kid get run over. Then he started preaching on the street corners after the bars closed at 2 am, and sometimes during the days in downtown missoula.

That is the guy! Seattle...you remember him too! He stuck to those four corners for some reason. Whenever I was downtown I was a bit too inebriated to know he had a nickname. We just went from bar to bar. What I do know is that at the time I was going to school, he was as much a part of downtown as was Red's. The places we went to were Maxwell's ( I am sure has changed names numerous times) Bodega (not sure if it is still the same name or not), Red's and then Stocks! Liquor up front...poker in the rear! Of course brains and eggs at the Ox later.
This has nothing to do with football but I have to admit talking about free beer at Red's makes me wish i was there this weekend!!!!!!!

SeattleGriz
November 22nd, 2007, 01:44 AM
That is the guy! Seattle...you remember him too! He stuck to those four corners for some reason. Whenever I was downtown I was a bit too inebriated to know he had a nickname. We just went from bar to bar. What I do know is that at the time I was going to school, he was as much a part of downtown as was Red's. The places we went to were Maxwell's ( I am sure has changed names numerous times) Bodega (not sure if it is still the same name or not), Red's and then Stocks! Liquor up front...poker in the rear! Of course brains and eggs at the Ox later.
This has nothing to do with football but I have to admit talking about free beer at Red's makes me wish i was there this weekend!!!!!!!

Heres a photo of the grill at the OX. Taken at about 3 in the morning the night of the Montana/UMass game. We called a taxi and had to wait until 4:15 before he arrived. It was a long fun night.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/DSC02643WEB.jpg

KNUTS
November 22nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
I wish I could make it, but stupid work! Man why did I have to graduate!? Tell Vonny and the rest of the guys hi. Go Griz!
Oh and I'll buy the first round of free beers.

GrizNation93
November 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'll be there. I love beer. :) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

appmountaineer
November 22nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not gonna lie...i'm jealous of this party. Hope there is a good turnout.

Griz0383
November 22nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
appmountaineer, we will have a replay of the AGSers party when ASU comes to Missoula in your honor! Can ya wait 2 weeks?

UMTbuds
November 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Ursus, if you get this before you head up there, what would it take for me to get my girlfriend in the party?

Peems
November 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Hey..!!

Dr. Ray Johnston lengthened my achilles tendons about 12 years ago, he was a wonderful man

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Ursus, if you get this before you head up there, what would it take for me to get my girlfriend in the party?

It's just a regular bar so all she needs to have is an ID to get in to the bar.