PDA

View Full Version : Coaches All-SoCon Teams Announced

smallcollegefbfan
November 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=21895&SPID=1781&DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1322496

gsugt1
November 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Coaches All-Southern Conference Team

Offensive Player of the Year: Jayson Foster, GSU

Defensive Player of the Year: Corey Lynch, ASU

Freshman of the Year: Scott Riddle, Elon

Jacobs Blocking Trophy Recipient: Kerry Brown, ASU

Coach of the Year: Mike Ayers, WOF and Pete Lembo, Elon

Offense - First Team

QB- Jayson Foster, GSU

RB- Kevin Richardson, ASU

RB- Kevious Johnson, WOF

OL- Kerry Brown, ASU

OL- Joel Bell, FUR

OL- Scott Suttle, ASU

OL- Chris McDowell, CIT

OL- Russell Orr, GSU

TE- Larry Hedden, FUR

WR- Terrell Hudgins, Elon

WR- Eddie Cohen, WCU

Defense - First Team

DL- Wallace Artis, FUR

DL- Larry Beard, GSU

DL- Gary Tharrington, ASU

DL- Trevar Broughton, CIT

LB- Seth Goldwire, WOF

LB- Andrew Rowell, CIT

LB- Corey Weaver, Elon

DB- Corey Lynch, ASU

DB- Chris Camacho, UTC

DB- Josh Lawson, CIT

DB- Jerome Touchstone, ASU

How bout that Citdog :D

BULLDOG8180
November 19th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Tory Cooper and Andre Roberts were screwed.

smallcollegefbfan
November 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Tory Cooper and Andre Roberts were screwed.

I think Roberts should have been on the 2nd team for sure and Cooper has a good argument too. A little surprised that Riddle didn't get 2nd team behind Foster.

eaglewraith
November 19th, 2007, 03:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK ON IT CITDOG

FOSTER WON'T MAKE FIRST TEAM QB...HAHAHAHAHAHA YEA SURE

BULLDOG8180
November 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I think Roberts should have been on the 2nd team for sure and Cooper has a good argument too. A little surprised that Riddle didn't get 2nd team behind Foster.

I could live without Cooper making it, but Roberts is definitely a SCREW job.

I also thought Riddle would be 2nd team.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK ON IT CITDOG

xnodx xlolx

Coulson and Citdog are crying together in the corner xoopsx

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM
i have only cried once. when we folded the bloodstained Cross of St. Andrew in 1865.

No Duran Lawson, Tory Cooper, Andre Roberts?

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

it's just wrong.

mrklean
November 19th, 2007, 04:34 PM
i have only cried once. when we folded the bloodstained Cross of St. Andrew in 1865.

it's just wrong.

LOLxlolx

eaglewraith
November 19th, 2007, 04:46 PM

it's just wrong.

If Lawson hadn't gotten injured he might have made the list. Really bad break though.

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK ON IT CITDOG

Hey, don't leave citdog alone there, throw UNHWildCat in with him. Great pairing! In case you don't know why I say this see the GSU - Colorado State thread.

GaSouthern
November 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
"Freshman of the Year: Scott Riddle, Elon"

I REALLY dont wanna see any more of him, Elon has a bright future ahead!

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hey, don't leave citdog alone there, throw UNHWildCat in with him. Great pairing! In case you don't know why I say this see the GSU - Colorado State thread.

i got an idea....

why don't you freaking brace AGS KNOB?

why don't you see the thread about my schmeckle.

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2007, 05:18 PM
i got an idea....

why don't you freaking brace AGS KNOB?

why don't you see the thread about my schmeckle.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww did the little anklebiter get his little his feelings hurt? bless his heart!

As I said, see the GSU vs. Colorado State thread xlolx xlolx xlolx

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww did the little anklebiter get his little his feelings hurt? bless his heart!

As I said, see the GSU vs. Colorado State thread xlolx xlolx xlolx

anklebiter? i think you have me confused with a Woffy person.

onemoretime
November 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM
wheres the love for hatch, i thought for sure he would be coach of the year

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM
wheres the love for hatch, i thought for sure he would be coach of the year

for what? having the same record as a Military School while being able to recruit anyone?

phillyAPP
November 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM

GET'em CitDog --- but i think 5 players is pretty good showing.

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
GET'em CitDog --- but i think 5 players is pretty good showing.

not complaining about the #. just the fact that no Cadet Cooper, no Cadet Roberts, no Cadet Lawson. look at their #'s and you will see why i have a legimate gripe.

gophoenix
November 19th, 2007, 05:55 PM
This has got to be the first year where there have been balanced all conference teams. Not one team really dominated.

To be honest, I thought Lembo, Hatcher and Higgins would have been joint coach of the year too.

Eaglesrus
November 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM

True, my apologies to all you Wofford folks!

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM

well done! you maybe, maybe will grow into a good poster one of these days!xthumbsupx

mrklean
November 19th, 2007, 06:04 PM
If GSU would have won the SOCOn, he would have gotten coach of the year. Hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 06:14 PM
If GSU would have won the SOCOn, he would have gotten coach of the year. Hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA

if we would have won the conference Higgins would be the Robinson Award Winner.

if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle!

Baldy
November 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
well done! you maybe, maybe will grow into a good poster one of these days!xthumbsupx
Well, you're 6,000+ posts in and we are still waiting for you to grow into a good poster. xlolx

READ IT ONE MORE TIME CITDOG:

Jayson Foster 1st team all-Southern Conference Quarterback. AND Southern Conference Player of the Year. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Guess that makes him the BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Watching you stick your foot in your mouth never gets old even though you do it all the time. xlolx

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Well, you're 6,000+ posts in and we are still waiting for you to grow into a good poster. xlolx

READ IT ONE MORE TIME CITDOG:

Jayson Foster 1st team all-Southern Conference Quarterback. AND Southern Conference Player of the Year. xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Guess that makes him the BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

Watching you stick your foot in your mouth never gets old even though you do it all the time. xlolx

a qb is one who can throw the ball. i don't agree with his selection. OlFu was right in his assesment of you Baldy. you are an ass.

T-Dogg
November 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by citdog

No apologies needed, Eaglesrus! But seriously guys, that is a pretty impressive list! I am sure there are some other players out there that should/could have been on that list. But hey, I think the SoCon is tops, and seeing a list like that just adds to it.

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Baldy
November 19th, 2007, 06:30 PM
a qb is one who can throw the ball. i don't agree with his selection. OlFu was right in his assesment of you Baldy. you are an ass.

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

How does that shoe leather taste? xlolx

citdog
November 19th, 2007, 06:32 PM
xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

How does that shoe leather taste? xlolx

not the first time Baldy has showed his ass here! it tastes pretty good Baldy! i'll buy you one in crapsville you dirty sob!

gsugt1
November 20th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I understand Lembo but not sure about Ayers ?

SuperEagle
November 20th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I think Lembo deserved the award. I didn't expect Elon to be near as good as they were.
And congrats to Jayson Foster and the rest of the selections

terrierbob
November 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Coaches All-Southern Conference Team

Offensive Player of the Year: Jayson Foster, GSU

Defensive Player of the Year: Corey Lynch, ASU

Freshman of the Year: Scott Riddle, Elon

Jacobs Blocking Trophy Recipient: Kerry Brown, ASU

Coach of the Year: Mike Ayers, WOF and Pete Lembo, Elon

Offense - First Team

QB- Jayson Foster, GSU

RB- Kevin Richardson, ASU

RB- Kevious Johnson, WOFOL- Kerry Brown, ASU

OL- Joel Bell, FUR

OL- Scott Suttle, ASU

OL- Chris McDowell, CIT

OL- Russell Orr, GSU

TE- Larry Hedden, FUR

WR- Terrell Hudgins, Elon

WR- Eddie Cohen, WCU

Defense - First Team

DL- Wallace Artis, FUR

DL- Larry Beard, GSU

DL- Gary Tharrington, ASU

DL- Trevar Broughton, CIT

LB- Seth Goldwire, WOF

LB- Andrew Rowell, CIT

LB- Corey Weaver, Elon

DB- Corey Lynch, ASU

DB- Chris Camacho, UTC

DB- Josh Lawson, CIT

DB- Jerome Touchstone, ASU

How bout that Citdog :D

Think that would make a nice backfield?

terrierbob
November 20th, 2007, 08:13 AM
I understand Lembo but not sure about Ayers ?

Confidentially, I had that thought, too. But we'll take it. Hatcher was great this year after the abortion of a season VanDumber foisted on the 'boro.

gsugt1
November 20th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Looking at the stats Tory Cooper got screwed IMO. He had 19 td's .. 2nd to Foster only and didn't make 1st or 2nd team. He should have made it over Felton.

WVAPPmountaineer
November 20th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Coach of the Year should have been Lembo - hands-down - Ayers always has a solid program and he returned a strong senior class and did well - BUT Elon came from the bottom, on no ones radar and were only a couple of plays from being the SoCon champs - No disrespect for Ayers, nor Coach Moore here ---

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Coach of the Year should have been Lembo - hands-down - Ayers always has a solid program and he returned a strong senior class and did well - BUT Elon came from the bottom, on no ones radar and were only a couple of plays from being the SoCon champs - No disrespect for Ayers, nor Coach Moore here ---

what you say is true about Elon, it is also true about The Citadel. Only one thing though.......

The Citadel is a Military College! With the same record as Elon, and defeated Elon!

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Looking at the stats Tory Cooper got screwed IMO. He had 19 td's .. 2nd to Foster only and didn't make 1st or 2nd team. He should have made it over Felton.

Nice to hear from an Eagle from Savannah!

ElonPride
November 20th, 2007, 08:47 AM
what you say is true about Elon, it is also true about The Citadel. Only one thing though.......

The Citadel is a Military College! With the same record as Elon, and defeated Elon!

The thing is, El Cid was supposed to do something this year. Elon was predicted to finish DEAD last in the conference, and went down to the wire to win the conference championship. I think wins over GSU and Wofford solidified the COY award for Lembo.

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 08:50 AM
The thing is, El Cid was supposed to do something this year. Elon was predicted to finish DEAD last in the conference, and went down to the wire to win the conference championship. I think wins over GSU and Wofford solidified the COY award for Lembo.

ok pride! you try and recruit here and tell me if any civilian college coach should win coy when he has the same record as a school that requires you to be not only a student-athlete, but a Cadet-Student-Athlete.

Kill'em
November 20th, 2007, 08:59 AM
What makes Lembo stand out was not that Elon was better than expected, I thought they would be good. It was that they had a senior QB returning who was really good but got kicked off the team and Elon had to rely on a freshman, who lit up the SoCon.

AshevilleApp
November 20th, 2007, 09:45 AM
No way Dexter Jackson should have made second team.

BULLDOG8180
November 20th, 2007, 10:44 AM
No way Dexter Jackson should have made second team.

Definitely agree with you there. Andre Roberts should be in his slot, no ifs, ands or buts.

Not only did Andre outperform him in receiving, catches and yards, also outperformed him in punt returns.

Don't get me wrong, Dexter is a great player, but Andre had a great year, and Dexter did not.

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 10:49 AM

So military schools need a "hand up".....what, are you for affirmative action now? If so, then you agree with the courts ruling allowing women into El Cid?

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 10:57 AM
So military schools need a "hand up".....what, are you for affirmative action now? If so, then you agree with the courts ruling allowing women into El Cid?

appaholic, go fall off a mountain! when you have the same record and lost to The Citadel and you can recruit anyone you want how can you have done a better job?

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM
appaholic, go fall off a mountain! when you have the same record and lost to The Citadel and you can recruit anyone you want how can you have done a better job?

Just fokking with you.........but agree with Lawson being left off....what the hell did he do?

Saint3333
November 20th, 2007, 11:37 AM

You guys can recruit whoever you want, the student athletes just don't want to go there. It is a disadvantage for VMI as well as the academies.

Don't blame Elon for the structure of your academic institution. Elon lost there QB from last year, picked 8th in the conference and finished 4-3 with wins over Wofford and GSU.

I like Lembo with Hatcher a close second for coach of the year, great job this yearxthumbsupx.

gophoenix
November 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM

The Citadel is a Military College! With the same record as Elon, and defeated Elon![/SIZE]

A military college has nothing to do with it. You recruit your types of kids. We recruit our types of kids. Every school has their constraints and that is what you play with.

Because, as your kids are cadets, shouldn't the be tougher than the rest of us soft, civilian types?

Or are you saying, because you're a military school you should be given some sort of benefit of the doubt? After all, how could you be expected to play with the level of the rest of us?

I am not getting the point you're making outside of Elon and The Citadel being 7-4.

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 01:08 PM
A military college has nothing to do with it. You recruit your types of kids. We recruit our types of kids. Every school has their constraints and that is what you play with.

Because, as your kids are cadets, shouldn't the be tougher than the rest of us soft, civilian types?

Or are you saying, because you're a military school you should be given some sort of benefit of the doubt? After all, how could you be expected to play with the level of the rest of us?

I am not getting the point you're making outside of Elon and The Citadel being 7-4.

the point is that, minus Charl South and the Grill Masters, every team we played was and is bigger. faster, stronger, and dumber than we are.

gophoenix
November 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
the point is that, minus Charl South and the Grill Masters, every team we played was and is bigger. faster, stronger, and dumber than we are.

I am not sure where you get the dumber part of it.

Or really the bigger and faster part either. There were some positions you were bigger and faster than us in. There were some even and some vice versa.

Come on now.

Appaholic
November 20th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I am not sure where you get the dumber part of it.

Or really the bigger and faster part either. There were some positions you were bigger and faster than us in. There were some even and some vice versa.

Come on now.

He can't answer that without admitting that his school and powder-puff football team are sissies......hell, their fearless leader, Cadet Lawson, quit on his men week of App St game....coincidence...I think not.....xrulesx

citdog
November 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
He can't answer that without admitting that his school and powder-puff football team are sissies......hell, their fearless leader, Cadet Lawson, quit on his men week of App St game....coincidence...I think not.....xrulesx

John, when I see you, that's three across the back with the rubber hose.xrulesx