PDA

View Full Version : First Round Weather

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Update here if things change.

Right now it's looking like a great first round for weather (except @ McNeese)...

Friday
Newark, DE - Mostly Sunny high 46°

Saturday
Amherst, MA - Mostly Sunny high 42°
Boone, NC - Partly Cloudy high 43°
Carbondale, IL - Sunny high 47°
Lake Charles, LA - T-Showers high 62°
Missoula, MT - Partly Cloudy high 36°
Richmond, VA - Partly Cloudy high 53°

Cedar Falls, IA - calm, bright and 70° all day and night

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hey MONTANA FANS...is there any way you can take and post pics of the Wofford players getting off the plane/bus and see all that snow you are getting...that will be a "We're not in South Carolina anymore" moment if I ever saw one.

TCisMYhero
November 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM
71*. An integral part of Bobby J's team introduction. Welcome to the Dome!

Ronbo
November 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM
13 inches so far today and still snowing. Temps this week highs 32-34. 36 high on Saturday but at noon kickoff time it will be 28. I've seen that every year, it's 10 degrees colder at kickoff than the high of the day which doesn't occur till about 4:30-5:00.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
71*. An integral part of Bobby J's team introduction. Welcome to the Dome!

Doesn't he say 72 degrees???

Not that I'm really concerned over a degree, or am I??

I really don't know............I'll be quiet now.

biggie
November 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Never trust weather.com (or other national sites) for Boone weather.

From Booneweather.com
Boone -
Saturday - Increasing clouds; Chilly; Chance of rain or a wintry mix at night; High in the upper 30s; Low in the upper 20s

Barnstormer
November 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
For the SIU game all the peeps in the dome made it a tad warmer then 72. :-)

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Booneweather.com
Says:

Might could be nice, but iffin it aint, might could rain too.

xsmiley_wix

SunCoastBlueHen
November 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Says:

xsmiley_wix

That's straight out of the Farmer's Almanac! :p

biggie
November 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Says:

xsmiley_wix
I forgot sum yall city folk might needs ya a translator.

pantherbacker
November 19th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Doesn't he say 72 degrees???

Not that I'm really concerned over a degree, or am I??

I really don't know............I'll be quiet now.

I'm pretty sure it's 72 degrees, no wind, no rain.

GSU 25+yrFan
November 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Mike Dika said “football should be played outside and on grass”.

I agree but it should be played in south Georgia where it's 70ish not freezing like Montana and the northeast.xoopsx
I remember one year going to APP playing in freezing rain, 28 degrees and frozen field. A very big disadvantage for a southern school like Wofford going to Montana this year but at least Montana's field is heated.
I'll just be sitting home this weekend whistling Dixie and crying in my grits.xwhistlex

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 72 degrees, no wind, no rain.

You are correct sir...I've been to four games this year and that's what Bob says every time before kickoff!

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
You are correct sir...I've been to four games this year and that's what Bob says every time before kickoff!
Honest question. Do you think that hurts you if you have to travel to a cold weather destination? I just remember how cold your players looked in Newark in 2003.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Honest question. Do you think that hurts you if you have to travel to a cold weather destination? I just remember how cold your players looked in Newark in 2003.

Well, if we did expect a cold weather game, we are fortunate enough to have Wartburg College up the road in Waverly, and they've let us have some outside practices there to get used to the conditions. Farley's got us covered! xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
WOOOHOOOO SNOW!!!!

http://mont.images.worldnow.com/images/7380808_BG2.jpg

http://mont.images.worldnow.com/images/7380808_BG1.jpg

http://mont.images.worldnow.com/images/7380808_BG4.jpg

Video on the snow!
javascript:playVideo('1942333', 'Snow%20wallops%20western%20Montana%20knocking%20o ut%20power%20to%20thousands', 'v', 'Station%207', '88800', 'Station%207', '', '');

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, if we did expect a cold weather game, we are fortunate enough to have Wartburg College up the road in Waverly, and they've let us have some outside practices there to get used to the conditions. Farley's got us covered! xthumbsupx
Not sure a couple practices in cold weather is the same thing.

It could just be conincidence, but since 1990 in the playoffs...

1990 - UNI lost at Boise State
1991 - won at home, lost at Marshall
1992 - went 2-1 all at home
1993 - lost at Boston U
1994 - lost at Montana
1995 - won at Murray, lost at Marshall
1996 - won two at home, lost at Marshall
2001 - won at WIU, at home, lost at Montana
2001 - won at home, lost at Delaware
2005 - won at home, at UNH, at TxSt lost in Nooga

That's 8-1 at home and 4-8 on the road (with two of the road wins being fairly mild climates). This isn't inteded to be smack. I'm seriously wondering if playing in a dome hurts you when you have to travel. For all I know those are normal home and away percentages for playoffs. I'd have to do a lot more number crunching to see if that's the case. xpeacex

GOKATS
November 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Mike Dika said “football should be played outside and on grass”.

I agree but it should be played in south Georgia where it's 70ish not freezing like Montana and the northeast.xoopsx
I remember one year going to APP playing in freezing rain, 28 degrees and frozen field. A very big disadvantage for a southern school like Wofford going to Montana this year but at least Montana's field is heated.
I'll just be sitting home this weekend whistling Dixie and crying in my grits.xwhistlex

I don't think so...........

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM

1993 - lost at Boston U
1994 - lost at Montana

That's 8-1 at home and 4-8 on the road (with two of the road wins being fairly mild climates). This isn't inteded to be smack. I'm seriously wondering if playing in a dome hurts you when you have to travel. For all I know those are normal home and away percentages for playoffs. I'd have to do a lot more number crunching to see if that's the case. xpeacex

Does that make them the St. Louis Rams of the FCS? xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Does that make them the St. Louis Rams of the FCS? xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx
Were they notorious for that? I just know that most people are uncomfortable outside (intended xsmiley_wix ) of their normal environment. I'm sure playing IN the dome for outside teams is just as strange.

Ronbo
November 19th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Missoula weather has been downgraded. Local weather which is usually much more accurate than weather channel says cold all week.

Tue high 32 low 23
Wed high 27 low 15
Thur high 29 low 14
Fri high 29 low 14
Sat high 32 low 17

dgreco
November 19th, 2007, 07:14 PM
weather.gov is the most reliable weather prediction.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM

1993 - lost at Boston U
1994 - lost at Montana

Good post, hen. I really don't know what the answer is. I do know that all teams have a big advantage when they play at home in the playoffs......maybe even more so for UNI and Montana.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 08:15 PM
What about 2003???

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Sigh........nevermind...........lol!!! I just remembered.

kfkolonel
November 19th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Hey MONTANA FANS...is there any way you can take and post pics of the Wofford players getting off the plane/bus and see all that snow you are getting...that will be a "We're not in South Carolina anymore" moment if I ever saw one.It might be cold in Missoula Saturday, but the field won't be muddy. My EKU Colonels played there in '95 before the artificial turf was installed. There was no cover on the "grass" field and it had rained the previous two days. The Grizzlies' kickoff landed on our 2 yard line and stopped in the mud. We never recovered. (Of course the fact that our players had never played before such a loud crowd and the fact that Montana was the better team might have had something to do with our defeat.)

santosballnewhampshire
November 19th, 2007, 08:25 PM
i love the fact not having to worry about that on saturday

JayJ79
November 19th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Game weather will be "perfect" (says so in the official box scores for UNI home games. haha) in Cedar Falls.

Might be a tad chilly for the tailgating though. Not terrible, but chilly.

proasu89
November 19th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hey MONTANA FANS...is there any way you can take and post pics of the Wofford players getting off the plane/bus and see all that snow you are getting...that will be a "We're not in South Carolina anymore" moment if I ever saw one.

Kinda like Furman last yearxeyebrowx

proasu89
November 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Rays's weather is the most reliable forecast on the mountain

http://booneweather.com/Forecast/ASU

Sadly, Ray can't give a gametime forecast, because we don't have a freakin game time.

bcrawf
November 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
The Dome is definitely not a bad thing in December...

I think you're right Jay... Looks like I am going to have to breat out the winter gear for the first time this year. I just hope it isn't so damn windy this week...xnodx

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
The Dome is definitely not a bad thing in December...

Yes, in the cold and wind and rain and sleet.......I love the Fabulous UNI-Dome. When it's 80 degrees and sunny in September, I wish we had a retractable roof!!

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 08:52 PM
i love the fact not having to worry about that on saturday

I hear ya!!

Ronbo
November 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Latest on Missoula weather this week.

National Weather Service for Sat. is saying high 31 low 13.

Here is the local forecast.

http://mont.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/kpax5day_thumb.jpg

saint0917
November 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Latest Amherst weather update for Saturday.

Weekend: Dry but cool. Saturday will be mostly sunny and breezy.

http://wwlp.images.worldnow.com/images/incoming/wx/5day.JPG