PDA

View Full Version : Del St/UD tickets going fast

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2007, 01:46 PM
UD has suspended ticket sales as of this afternoon.. looks like it may be a sell-out.

Ticket sales at the Univeristy of Delaware are on hold for Friday's football game with Delaware State University.

And the 1,990 tickets available for sale at DSU in Dover were sold out in the first hour this morning.

Fans lined up outside the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark were told by officials just after 1 p.m. that ticket sales were being suspended until 6 p.m. Wednesday. And when they resume, they will only be available through Ticketmaster, the crowd was told.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS07/71119027

putter
November 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
That is great news CM! Having a packed house at the Tub will look great on ESPN! I just hope the jokers that broadcast the game talk about the game and not about the "outside the lines" backdrop the whole time...

SeattleGriz
November 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
That is great news CM! Having a packed house at the Tub will look great on ESPN! I just hope the jokers that broadcast the game talk about the game and not about the "outside the lines" backdrop the whole time...

I just hope they can stick to FCS and not bring up their usual FBS blather.

HensRock
November 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow!!!
Great news.
Frankly, I'm shocked.

This probably means a LOT of DSU fans.

OhioHen
November 20th, 2007, 07:20 AM
UD has suspended ticket sales as of this afternoon.. looks like it may be a sell-out.

Ticket sales at the Univeristy of Delaware are on hold for Friday's football game with Delaware State University.

And the 1,990 tickets available for sale at DSU in Dover were sold out in the first hour this morning.

Fans lined up outside the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark were told by officials just after 1 p.m. that ticket sales were being suspended until 6 p.m. Wednesday. And when they resume, they will only be available through Ticketmaster, the crowd was told.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS07/71119027

I bought my tickets from Ticketmaster within minutes of them going on sale and had a choice between row P in Section G (West side all the way at the end) or Row LL in Section I (East side about the 20 yard line, 38 rows up). Most (or all) of the non-season ticket seats have obviously been sold. Wednesday is the deadline for season ticket holders to purchase "their" seats. When the snowbirds who have already left for Florida don't purchase those seats (mostly West side between the 35s), there will be more available to the public.

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Just bought my regular seats in the NEZ. Couldn't wait for tomorrow.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM
"That Pitt transfer sure does look good today..."

Get used to this crap.

GannonFan
November 20th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Get used to this crap.

Eh, doesn't really matter to us - he's wearing a UD uniform and it's not like the team is dotted with transfers. Let outsiders think whatever they want, I'll take the handful of transfers we have along with the vast majority of homegrown players anytime.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Get used to this crap.

I sure as heck hope we hear that! :p

Rob Iola
November 20th, 2007, 12:00 PM
My dad was all breathless yesterday about standing in line to get tix - I told him to cool his jets until Wednesday for the STH's tix. Thankfully he couldn't get there in time to get the Row II "seats"...

pksundevil
November 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
My dad was all breathless yesterday about standing in line to get tix - I told him to cool his jets until Wednesday for the STH's tix. Thankfully he couldn't get there in time to get the Row II "seats"...

If GoHens.net is to be believed now, it appears they've stopped selling extras to STH's. So there may not be many left.

Rob Iola
November 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM
If GoHens.net is to be believed now, it appears they've stopped selling extras to STH's. So there may not be many left.

Hmm, could be a problem then (though I guess that means we'll be in the SEZ student seats). 'Cause if I can't get to the game I'm stuck taking the womenfolk to the zoo that is the Brandywine River Museum on Black Friday...

BlueHen03
November 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Definite truth to the rumor that UD season ticket holders can NOT buy extra tickets today. I tried twice (stubborn German in me) and was told the same thing twice, anyone who is not buying their regular season tickets can try to get tickets Wednesday after 6PM when they release any unsold tickets.

Tribe4SF
November 20th, 2007, 01:31 PM
This is great news! When's the last time UD sold out a first round game? Even with the in-state matchup, I didn't think this would happen the day after Thanksgiving.

Congrats to the Hens and DSU...and GO HENS!!!

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Get used to this crap.

"That Guy Kareem Jones sure put up some good numbers at Syracuse, he looks to do the same for the Delaware State Hornets..."xnonono2x

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM
This is great news! When's the last time UD sold out a first round game?

Even with the in-state matchup, I didn't think this would happen the day after Thanksgiving

I'd say never.

And I didn't think it would generate this much interest either.

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Wow!!!
Great news.
Frankly, I'm shocked.

This probably means a LOT of DSU fans.

our 2,000 fans will get pummled by the stampede

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I'd say never.

And I didn't think it would generate this much interest either.

with two in-state teams, no matter how popular, it was almost inevitable

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 01:47 PM
with two in-state teams, no matter how popular, it was almost inevitable

Well it'll be nice to see the Tub almost filled to capacity for a 1st round game, which is usually the poorest attended playoff game.

A wee bit off topic, but why did you guys wear the black uni's last for last Saturdays game? And for this weeks game, what are you wearing - White jerseys/white pants? White jerseys/black pants?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2007, 01:51 PM
From the "infamous" ESPN UD-DSU thread:

Here's the thing though. Granted, the press has been very critical of UD up until this point. But consider this:

* If UD and DSU win this weekend, like other posters said, the UD-DSU matchup has to be basically set in stone.
* If they win, you can pencil the game in for Friday afternoon at the Tub.
* If they win, you can virtually guarantee a sellout of this game at the Tub.

Also: could there be a better endorsement of why there should be a playoff system? You get to see dream matchups that for whatever reason have never happened. The publicity wouldn't only be about Delaware, it would be a national story about the matchup AND the playoffs. It's all wrapped up together.

IF it happens, it would be a transcendental game with a national appeal, with a LOT of benefits for UD. A sellout in round one would by no means been guaranteed with another opponent.

Nice being right for a change. xthumbsupx

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Well it'll be nice to see the Tub almost filled to capacity for a 1st round game, which is usually the poorest attended playoff game.

A wee bit off topic, but why did you guys wear the black uni's last for last Saturdays game? And for this weeks game, what are you wearing - White jerseys/white pants? White jerseys/black pants?

DSU has four uniform choices. They don't really mix and match that much, but with four uniform choices... who needs too??

DSU has 1.)The Home all Red, 2.)The Away White, 3.)The Away Off White/Cream, and 4.)The Alternate Blacks... and if I were DSU, I'd go Black on the Hens... a statement color of sortsxsmiley_wix .

I'll post the pics soon enough.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
DSU has four uniform choices. They don't really mix and match that much, but with four uniform choices... who needs too??

DSU has 1.)The Home all Red, 2.)The Away White, 3.)The Away Off White/Cream, and 4.)The Alternate Blacks... and if I were DSU, I'd go Black on the Hens... a statement color of sortsxsmiley_wix .

Nice, thanks! And yes, please post some pics if possible.

My apologies to the threadstarter, as I'm not trying to hijack the thread!!

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 02:03 PM

on the road we wear crimson on cream, at home we wear carolina blue on crimson. the black jerseys were given to us to wear at last years homecoming by D. McCants (formerly of the Redskins/Eagles) as a token of his class reunion. we sported them for that game and for this years homecoming. dont really know why we wore them for the last game of the season, i'm not in on those kind of decisions (or any decision at all for that matter). we will be wearing crimson on cream for the UD game though. wish we could wear black but we wont be home and to my knowledge the hens will have on their traditional blue.

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 02:06 PM

I remember playing you guys back in the early 90's. You had some sweet uniforms. Particularly the pants striping. It was like dashed. xthumbsupx So cool especially compared to our retarded gold/gold uniforms. We looked like friggin bananas.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Nice, thanks! And yes, please post some pics if possible.

My apologies to the threadstarter, as I'm not trying to hijack the thread!!

DSU Home Red
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics8/400/FG/FGMGSLCXJLOUJLR.20070902035250.jpg

DSU Away White
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics/400/BB/BBHTDVTXUKYNUHW.20070909171853.jpg

DSU Away Off White/ Cream/ "Retro-ish"
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics19/400/GX/GXGOGPSGOFRUTFA.20070929212656.jpg
http://www.bluedeathvalley.com/photogallery/Kevin%20Dorsey%202007%20Del%20State%20photos/slides/IMG_0639.JPG

DSU Alternate Black
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics12/400/EO/EOUBIZQGMTEOXZY.20071117225919.jpg

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I remember playing you guys back in the early 90's. You had some sweet uniforms. Particularly the pants striping. It was like dashed. xthumbsupx So cool especially compared to our retarded gold/gold uniforms. We looked like friggin bananas.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

I'm a Howard Bison in support of our fellow Mid- Eastern Athletic Conference school, Delaware State. They are the best our conference has produced this season, and the represent all of us.

But I'm a Bison.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Those are sweet. I'm not a fan of dark shirt/dark pants combos for any team - I hate our CCSU blue on blue. The 1 color look on football uniforms is ugly.

I think Red tops on White pants for home and vice versa for away would be great for DSU! BTW - Good luck this week!

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM

I'm a Howard Bison in support of our fellow Mid- Eastern Athletic Conference school, Delaware State. They are the best our conference has produced this season, and they represent all of us.

But I'm a Howard Bison Alum 100%.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Best is the "Retro-ish" Cream.

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm a Howard Bison in support of our fellow Mid- Eastern Athletic Conference school, Delaware State. They are the best our conference has produced this season, and they represent all of us.

But I'm a Howard Bison Alum 100%.

Well in that case, I haven't forgotten 1993. xmadx

:D

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Best is the "Retro-ish" Cream.

funny, we were supposed to be getting the inverse of regulation home, crimson on carolina blue. but instead they got these. i hope they still get the others in a season or two though, the prototype looked amazing.

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Well in that case, I haven't forgotten 1993. xmadx

:D

xlolx You all have gotten us back since then with some close wins, but come on back down to DC Towson, we'd love to give the CAA an L against the MEAC since Morgan State can't seem to do itxthumbsupx

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
funny, we were supposed to be getting the inverse of regulation home, crimson on carolina blue. but instead they got these. i hope they still get the others in a season or two though, the prototype looked amazing.

That Columbia Blue is a special color. I was wondering if we would see them soon.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the pics.

I like the second pic, those uni's. The non-cream white ones.

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
if I were DSU, I'd go Black on the Hens... a statement color of sortsxsmiley_wix
xeyebrowx Can't wear black when the Hens wear blue.

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 02:32 PM
That Columbia Blue is a special color. I was wondering if we would see them soon.

yea it's columbia blue not carolina blue, i apologize. and yeah i hope so too

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
on the road we wear crimson on cream, at home we wear carolina blue on crimson. the black jerseys were given to us to wear at last years homecoming by D. McCants (formerly of the Redskins/Eagles) as a token of his class reunion. we sported them for that game and for this years homecoming. dont really know why we wore them for the last game of the season, i'm not in on those kind of decisions (or any decision at all for that matter). we will be wearing crimson on cream for the UD game though wish we could wear black but we wont be home and to my knowledge the hens will have on their traditional blue.

Thanks for the info. And I'm not digging those black uni's you guys have, they just don't look good. LOL

So for Friday you're wearing the old school retro cream uni's? Or the all white ones, from the second pic that was posted?

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info. And I'm not digging those black uni's you guys have, they just don't look good. LOL

So for Friday you're wearing the old school retro cream uni's? Or the all white ones, from the second pic that was posted?

most likely it will be the retro's. i dont know who makes the final decision though.

BlueHenBoy
November 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
When the snowbirds who have already left for Florida don't purchase those seats (mostly West side between the 35s)

People that sit between the 35's take great offence to that. Hopefully we can hold up too our reputation on national TV. If they did a white out or a yellow out that would be amazing.

GaSouthern
November 20th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I got that jive on TiVo! Looking forward to a fun game to watch. Good Luck Hens!

BlueHenBoy
November 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Anyone that doesn't get tickets should do what they do at European soccer matches when they don't allow any fans in. They stand outside the stadium about 20,000, depending on the size of the club, and cheer. And there cheering is a hell of a lot better than ours.

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
yellow out
Something I've been preaching in vain for years. They keep trying to get people to wear blue, but blue does not work. Especially when the fans can't decide on a blue. Some wear navy, some wear royal, some true blue. We need to go to gold. xnodx

Which team fans stand out, the blue Irish fans or the yellow/red USC fans?

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Notre-Dame-Stadium-Print-C12038740.jpeg

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I just don't get the facination with this "color out" trend thing. I put in the same category of "the wave" trend in the 80's. Just a goofy gimmic that people, for some reason, think looks "cool".

FightinBluHen51
November 20th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I just don't get the facination with this "color out" trend thing. I put in the same category of "the wave" trend in the 80's. Just a goofy gimmic that people, for some reason, think looks "cool".
Marketing my friend...marketing.

Why buy one shirt when you can make the fans buy 2!

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Marketing my friend...marketing.

Why buy one shirt when you can make the fans buy 2!

Well, I guess I don't fall victim to marketing gimmics. I don't care what you're selling, or what everyone else is wearing, I'm gonna have on my old, somewhat beat up "blue" Bluehen shirt if I'm at the game. :p

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I'll be wearing my faded old blue-gold horizontally-striped sweater and a Harvard cap!:D xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
November 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
AH'LL BE SPORTIN'...MAH PECKERHEAD CAP......MAH DARK BLUE JACKET....WHIFF DUH CURRENT BLUE...SWEATS......UH YELLOWAH HOODIE....UNDERAH DUH JACKET.........SOCKS DAT SAY...."BLUEHENS"......BLACK LEATHERAH GLOVES...........PINT O' BLUEBERRY BRANDY.........TWO COORS LIGHTS..WELL HIDDEN IN MAH PANTS POCKETS.....DOUGH DUH LADIES ...MAY GET EXCITED......AN' DUH SIGN DAT STATES..........."WELCOME TA DUH HENHOUSE"........:p...BRAWK!

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Not IMO. It creates excitement all week leading up to the game. It makes your fans look much better on TV. It shows the team you are 100% behind them (in addition to making noise). It also keeps people wanting to come back to the festive atmosphere. I know several people that have been to Happy Valley when they do their white out, some were PSU alums, some were not, ALL were blown away by it. But that's just my xtwocentsx. xpeacex

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Looking forward to watching this game before getting on the road to App State. Should be a great game.

Go Hens.

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Anyone that doesn't get tickets should do what they do at European soccer matches when they don't allow any fans in. They stand outside the stadium about 20,000, depending on the size of the club, and cheer. And there cheering is a hell of a lot better than ours.

wouldnt they miss the game?

BlueHen86
November 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
wouldnt they miss the game?

Maybe that is why they are cheering. They don't have to watch a soccer game.:D

SunCoastBlueHen
November 21st, 2007, 06:47 AM
Not IMO. It creates excitement all week leading up to the game. It makes your fans look much better on TV. It shows the team you are 100% behind them (in addition to making noise). It also keeps people wanting to come back to the festive atmosphere. I know several people that have been to Happy Valley when they do their white out, some were PSU alums, some were not, ALL were blown away by it. But that's just my xtwocentsx. xpeacex

20,000 people will look good on TV no matter what color shirt they are wearing.

If I recall correctly, people were "blown away" by how cool the wave looked once upon a time also. xrolleyesx

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM
20,000 people will look good on TV no matter what color shirt they are wearing.

If I recall correctly, people were "blown away" by how cool the wave looked once upon a time also. xrolleyesx
The fact remains that the school is trying to get people to wear a color. I just think they've picked the wrong one. xpeacex

"SHOW YOUR BLUE HEN SPIRIT - WEAR DELAWARE ROYAL BLUE TO THE GAME!"
- UD Football website

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 07:48 AM
From the News Journal today...

There have been 13,000 tickets sold for Friday's Delaware-Delaware State football game, UD officials said Tuesday. Approximately 6,000 tickets for season-ticket holders are still being held for purchase. Those that are not claimed by season-ticket holders will be released for sale to the general public after 6 p.m. today. They may be purchased through Ticketmaster at (302) 984-2000 or www.ticketmaster.com and will be on sale at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carpenter Center box office.

There are 2,600 tickets still available for UD students.

Delaware Stadium seats 22,000. Record attendance for a playoff game is 16,390.

R.A.
November 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
xeyebrowx Can't wear black when the Hens wear blue.

Lol. yeah I suppose they can't xlolx

LacesOut
November 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM
I would never ever wear gold or blue to a UD game. You people are sheep!! LOL

I'm wearing my black North Face jacket, hat, and gloves. It's going to be cold!!!!!!!

appfan2008
November 21st, 2007, 09:53 AM
glad to hear that you have sold that many tickets... i cant wait to watch that game on friday should be awesome to see... i hope asu can sell that many...

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 09:13 PM
Folks, I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I just went onto Ticketmaster and could get four seats BETTER than what I had last time the Hens were in the playoffs in 2004. This won't be close to sell-out. xsmhx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 21st, 2007, 09:18 PM
Folks, I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I just went onto Ticketmaster and could get four seats BETTER than what I had last time the Hens were in the playoffs in 2004. This won't be close to sell-out. xsmhx

Does that mean many left over yellow t-shirts? xnonono2x

Damn, that's a shame. :p

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Does that mean many left over yellow t-shirts? xnonono2x

Damn, that's a shame. :p
xnonox Had they called for a yellow out they would be sold out by now. xmadx :p xsmiley_wix

AAadict
November 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wait 'til Friday morning. UD traditionaly cuts season tix sales at 6pm the Wed. Before Sat. playoff games. This year it burned them because ESPN moved the game to Fri. Good to be on TV but tough for tix sales at this point. I expect long lines on Fri. morning and 20k+. Parties tonight, turkey tomorrow, Hen's Friday. Good times for football in Delaware.

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 09:30 PM
I expect long lines on Fri. morning
I'll be one of those. Even though I purchased my regular season tix, I will have to wait in the Will Call line to pick up (I'm 100 miles to the Tub).

ChickenMan
November 22nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
18,300 ticets sold as of Wednesday night

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fb07-dsutickets.html

R.A.
November 22nd, 2007, 07:08 AM
So much for not being a sellout...