PDA

View Full Version : Missoula getting heavy snow!

griz37
November 19th, 2007, 10:55 AM
It started snowing during the selection show yesterday & hasn't stopped since. So far we have about a foot. Should make for an even more interesting game on Saturday.

http://www.missoulian.com/weather/

appstate38
November 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM
xlolx I guess Wofford should stay in Spartanburg....xlolx

griz37
November 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM
xlolx I guess Wofford should stay in Spartanburg....xlolx

Not saying that at all, teams have won in bad weather in Missoula. I am just happy we are actually going to have some playoff weather.

McNeese_beat
November 19th, 2007, 10:57 AM
It started snowing during the selection show yesterday & hasn't stopped since. So far we have about a foot. Should make for an even more interesting game on Saturday.

Ha! It would be worthy to note if Missoula was NOT getting heavy snow this time of year. I think we were all assuming that there would be plenty of white stuff on the ground....xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Brrrrr! Makes me glad that (a) it isn't snowing in Iowa yet and (b) weather is never a factor in the UNI-Dome. ;)

Appaholic
November 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM

I'm so frigging jealous.......have seen Missoula in the late summer/early fall, but would love to see the snow.......xhypedx

andy7171
November 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ha! It would be worthy to note if Missoula was NOT getting heavy snow this time of year. I think we were all assuming that there would be plenty of white stuff on the ground....xthumbsupx

I agree. When ISN'T it snowing in Montana? xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 10:56 PM

Yeah, you can have it! It's likely you'll never catch me in Montana past September or before June.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 19th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Must say that's one thing I DO NOT miss is driving in snow and ice

strike00
November 19th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Woult make it a fum game to watch.

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 11:01 PM
wonder what a sloppy field (well, as sloppy as sprint turf can get...) does to the option... xconfusedx

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I agree. When ISN'T it snowing in Montana? xlolx xlolx

When this is happening. xsmhx

http://www.foxnews.com/images/303241/0_61_080507_wildfires_montana.jpg

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2007, 11:06 PM
When this is happening. xsmhx

http://www.foxnews.com/images/303241/0_61_080507_wildfires_montana.jpg

Hey. Cut that out. :( Unless you note that this is a picture near Bozetown. ;)

peauxrouge
November 19th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I love the snow here. I really wish we would get a good cold snap this winter. Might clear some highways of the Californians.

Bronco
November 19th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Weather won't be a problem...but my driveway was this morning.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Areas of freezing fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 30s.

Grizaholic17
November 20th, 2007, 12:29 AM

The past couple of years, it hasn't had a good snowfall until mid-December xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

JALMOND
November 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM

Not what I wanted to hear. Family driving out from Billings/Helena to Portland for Thanksgiving tomorrow.:( xsmhx

mvemjsunpx
November 20th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I'm curious as to how many Wofford fans on this board have even been in the presence of snow or been at a Wofford football game in snow.

This isn't meant as football smack or any other kind of smack, I'm legitimately curious. I know S.C. isn't exactly Florida, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much snow, either.

Houndawg
November 20th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I love the snow here. I really wish we would get a good cold snap this winter. Might clear some highways of the Californians.

Where I lived in California we'd get 8 FEET of snow in a weekend. Once got a couple on inches on my birthday, July 1. Montana. xrolleyesx

placidlakegriz
November 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM
has the fog closed down the airport? Hope not. Dont what Wollford to have to get bused in from Helena or Spokane,

APPride
November 20th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Woult make it a fum game to watch.

your fingers are cold just thinking about it, huh?

AZGrizFan
November 20th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Where I lived in California we'd get 8 FEET of snow in a weekend. Once got a couple on inches on my birthday, July 1. Montana. xrolleyesx

I dont' think it's THOSE Californians he's talkin' about.... xsmhx

Umass74
November 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Snowing here in New Hampshire this morning. :)

bamamountaineer1013
November 20th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I'm curious as to how many Wofford fans on this board have even been in the presence of snow or been at a Wofford football game in snow.

This isn't meant as football smack or any other kind of smack, I'm legitimately curious. I know S.C. isn't exactly Florida, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't get much snow, either.

Not a Wofford fan but grew up in Spartanburg, and no it doesn't snow often (maybe like once every couple of years). The most bad weather they get there is pretty bad ice storms but thats about it.

And Wofford never has home games that late in the year anyway... just thought I'd smack a little.

Ronbo
November 20th, 2007, 08:13 AM

I went to Heavenly Valley (Tahoe) skiing one weekend. We were eating a nice dinner Friday night at the Lodge we staying at looking out the window and it was snowing these huge flakes. It was beautiful. Woke up the next morning and the cars were buried in the parking lot so deep it just looked like a bunch of big snow bumps.xlolx We spent two hours Sat. morning digging out.xmadx

Griz0383
November 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM
The snow is so beautifull but for there to be snow it has to be cold! It was 23 degrees driving into work and I have been here an hour and my feet are still frozen

Griz0383
November 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
This will be the year we get a lot of snow and the ski hills will rejoice and being into snow boarding, blew my knee out 3 weeks ago coaching girl's basketball! i love to snow board with my daughter it has sucked since snow has been so thin for years. I am so pathetic!

igo4uni
November 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
I am so pathetic!

It's ok............all will be fine!!!

placidlakegriz
November 20th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Missoula news stated airport was closed for part of yesterday due to fog.
For those outside of Montana, Missoula sits in a valley surrounded by mountains. It is very common to get an inversion and have the airport closed down for part of the day.

Houndawg
November 20th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Missoula news stated airport was closed for part of yesterday due to fog.
For those outside of Montana, Missoula sits in a valley surrounded by mountains. It is very common to get an inversion and have the airport closed down for part of the day.

Saw Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen there in 1974.

fencer24
November 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Saw Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen there in 1974.

Aber Day? That was a really good time before the fun police took over.

ezgriz51
November 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Forecast for the next week is "cool" and sunny. The only potential issue the Terriers may face is the fact the airport sits in a fog bowl and is closed - frequently - in these wether patterns. There very well could be a bus ride in your future. This is normally after several aborted attempts to dive bomb through the fog. Always fun.....

RAMS83
November 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Missoula getting heavy snow

Theres going to be 8 inches in Virginia tonight.. lol

GSU 25+yrFan
November 20th, 2007, 02:45 PM
This is where the committee puts a southern school at a disadvantage, sending us to play in weather we hardly ever see this time of year or never. It's currently 76 today at GSU & Wofford.xcoolx
Let cold weather schools play each other and warm weather play then meet in TN.xnodx

srgrizizen
November 20th, 2007, 02:59 PM

I think Griz 37 is just trying to get in your heads. In all probability, the field on Saturday will be completely clear and dry and the temperature at kickoff about 23 degrees. It is very unlikely to affect the outcome of the game, but if Wofford thinks it might, good!

Monarch History
November 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Just sitting and reading this stuff in 70 degree weather has made me cold. I'm going to look for my long johns and snow shovel so I can be prepared.xlolx

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I'm just looking forward to seeing all the Wofford players wearing long sleeves and face masks. Welcome to Montana, boys! :)

putter
November 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
The snow won't be a factor because the field will be cleared. It would have been more of a factor if Wa/Griz still had grass. I remember GSU coming to Missoula and could not even run because they were slipping on the frozen turf. Now that Montana has sprint turf there will be no problems for Wofford.

DOME
November 20th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm sure CF will be pretty cold on saturday as well...weather.com says a high of 42* so by 6:30 should be lower 30's....

Just have to wonder where I'll put my coat after tailgating!

GSU 25+yrFan
November 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The snow won't be a factor because the field will be cleared. It would have been more of a factor if Wa/Griz still had grass. I remember GSU coming to Missoula and could not even run because they were slipping on the frozen turf. Now that Montana has sprint turf there will be no problems for Wofford.

I thought that Wa/Griz is now heated under the turf, is this true?