PDA

View Full Version : First Round Predictions!!!

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) - I dont think New Hampshire even belonged in the field, and I think UNI will prove that. UNI rolls, 31-14

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) - Another CAA team that backed into the playoffs, losing their last two games. I believe they right the ship in time to slip by DSU, 28-21

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) - No love for the OVC. SIU should roll their in-state brethren, 38-17.

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) - UMass gets the auto/auto in the first round, with the "AQ" from the all-powerful Patriot League, fresh off a loss to that powerhouse Bucknell team. UMass (despite all their flaws) should win easily, 30-10.

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) - McNeese says they're not overlooking EWU. It won't matter. EWU has been gelling ever since they got screwed @ Wa/Griz. It won't happen here---EWU wins in another BSC "upset", 38-31.

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - In my mind, the toughest game to pick. ASU has suffered injuries that make them beatable in my mind. I really thought JMU was done after back to back losses to Richmond and Delaware. I think they may be done now. If this game were @ JMU I might think differently, but ASU has started another streak at the Rock, and I think the streak continues....ASU wins, 30-20.

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) - Montana hasn't seen the triple option since Erk was alive (really, I don't know if that's true, but it sounds dramatic)...Wofford comes from a conference where they apparently don't play defense (don't know if that's true either, but it sounds inflamatory!)...They'll see a defense here. Just like Furman last year, the State of Montana will NOT be kind to the SoCon. Montana opens up even MORE of their playbook and wins, 34-24.

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) - Again, no love for the OVC. Outside of the Patriot League, probably the weakest conference with an autobid, in my opinion. Richmond scares the HELL out of me....and I think EKU is sent back to Kentucky with their tails between their legs....Richmond scores a LOT of points---this one will be no different....Richmond wins it, 38-17.

So, I've got second round pairings as follows:

Delaware @ the Fabulous UNI Dome
UMass @ Southern Illinois
EWU @ The Rock
Richmond @ Wa/Griz

Discuss. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) - I dont think New Hampshire even belonged in the field, and I think UNI will prove that. UNI rolls, 31-14

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) - Another CAA team that backed into the playoffs, losing their last two games. I believe they right the ship in time to slip by DSU, 28-21

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) - No love for the OVC. SIU should roll their in-state brethren, 38-17.

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) - UMass gets the auto/auto in the first round, with the "AQ" from the all-powerful Patriot League, fresh off a loss to that powerhouse Bucknell team. UMass (despite all their flaws) should win easily, 30-10.

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) - McNeese says they're not overlooking EWU. It won't matter. EWU has been gelling ever since they got screwed @ Wa/Griz. It won't happen here---EWU wins in another BSC "upset", 38-31.

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - In my mind, the toughest game to pick. ASU has suffered injuries that make them beatable in my mind. I really thought JMU was done after back to back losses to Richmond and Delaware. I think they may be done now. If this game were @ JMU I might think differently, but ASU has started another streak at the Rock, and I think the streak continues....ASU wins, 30-20.

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) - Montana hasn't seen the triple option since Erk was alive (really, I don't know if that's true, but it sounds dramatic)...Wofford comes from a conference where they apparently don't play defense (don't know if that's true either, but it sounds inflamatory!)...They'll see a defense here. Just like Furman last year, the State of Montana will NOT be kind to the SoCon. Montana opens up even MORE of their playbook and wins, 34-24.

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) - Again, no love for the OVC. Outside of the Patriot League, probably the weakest conference with an autobid, in my opinion. Richmond scares the HELL out of me....and I think EKU is sent back to Kentucky with their tails between their legs....Richmond scores a LOT of points---this one will be no different....Richmond wins it, 38-17.

EWU @ The Rock
Richmond @ Wa/Griz

Rates right up there with your guarenteed #2 seed prediction for the Griz xcoffeex

Prominentwon
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Discussxcoffeex

Can we discuss the Big Sky homerism that's been running rampant through this board and eGriz?

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Can we discuss the Big Sky homerism that's been running rampant through this board and eGriz?

Discuss whatever you want. This is a message board. xthumbsupx

JTCowboy
November 18th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Rates right up there with your guarenteed #2 seed prediction for the Griz xcoffeex

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM

Please provide proof of that. I do not recall. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

Gil Dobie
Had to pick the favorites, so people don't call me jealous. xoopsx

UNI over UNH in a close one
Delaware comes from behind to win
SIU over EIU
Mass over Fordham
McNeese St over EWU
ASU over JMU
Montana over Wofford
Richmond over EKU

appfan2008
i believe the second round matchups will look like they should...
deleware @ UNI
UMASS @ SIU
ASU @ McNeese
EKU @ Montana

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Please provide proof of that. I do not recall. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

You picked Montana as a #2 seed, instead of #1 ;)

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:40 PM
i believe the second round matchups will look like they should...
deleware @ UNI
UMASS @ SIU
ASU @ McNeese
EKU @ Montana

So, you really think EKU goes into Richmond and beats them on their home turf? xeekx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Delaware @ UNI I have to agree here. UNH has a potent offense, but I'm not sure their defense is up to the task. The O-Line injuries don't help either. Delaware seems like they'll move on pretty easy, but I could be wrong. I've only seen Delaware State once. I'll take either team as neither one of them has ever been in the Dome.

I think both of these teams move on pretty easy. Not much point in going on about why I think they'll win.

App State @ McNeese State
I have a feeling that App State pulls out a win at home. It could be JMU moving on, but I think the homefield advantage is the difference. McNeese State may get a scare from Eastern Washington, but I think they can pull it out.

Richmond @ Montana
I think the home teams win out in the first round. Richmond/EKU seems like it could be a pick 'em game in the vein of App St/JMU.

WrenFGun
App. State over JMU (I feel as though JMU is too one dimensional on offense, and I think that will allow APP to focus on shutting Landers down and making him throw)
McNeese State over EWU (I listened to some of the EWU/Weber State game, and I wasn't that impressed with EWU, or the BSC in general. McNeese wins)
Richmond over EKU (There is upset alert here, as I don't like Ward that much, but I think Richmond will find a way with Hightower)
Montana over Wofford (No one knows what Montana is made of, but it's VERY difficult to win in Montana)

Umass over Fordham (romp city, also)
SIU over EIU (romp city)
DSU over Delaware (Delaware is not playing good football, and I really think DSU is primed to win this one)
UNH over UNI (I'm a homer. Santos starts the magical ride here)

MSU_77
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) - No upset here - UNI 35-17

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) - Delaware scores in bunches; has no defense, but wins 48-35

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) - SIU should achieve their season average 42-20

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) - U Mass 28-7

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) - Cowboys defense bends but does not break and they roll 45-21

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - JMU does what it has failed to do consistently and wins a close one on the road 28-24

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) - Woffords running game will give the Griz problems but Montana will figure it out in the second half 24-20

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) - Richmond has won big games all year and this is no exception 31-17

PantherRob82
Discuss whatever you want. This is a message board. xthumbsupx

exactly.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
UNI
Delaware
EIU
UMASS
McU
JMU
Woff
EKU

griz8791
November 18th, 2007, 08:56 PM

Oh absolutely. AGS is definitely the first stop for "Big Sky homerism."

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Allow me to be a SoCon homer...

UNI over UNH by 14 ... not because I think UNH is overrated or anything, just that I think UNI is that good and they are hungry.

Wofford over Montana by 3 ... I'd pick Wofford by 10 but it's in Missoula. The Griz have not faced an offense that good for the entire season. What AZgrizfan does not realize is that it is not that the SoCon does not play defense...it's that the SoCon offenses are that good.

Delaware over Delaware State by 13 ... I think DSU will play hard and won't choke Hampton Style, but it won't be enough.

UMass over Fordham by 20 ... Sorry, but Mass' is too powerful to let them keep the game close

McNeese State over Eastern Washington by 13 ... McNeese plays in a weaker conference than EWU, but come on, these guys won't give up a game to EWU. McNeese State is PAST due for a NC and they are going to be fired up.

ASU over JMU by 7 ... ASU will have their hands full with a team that will want to avenge last year's loss.

Southern Illinois over Eastern Illinois by 14 ... SIU is that good.

and my upset pick...

Eastern Kentucky over Richmond by 1

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
UNI
Delaware
EIU
UMASS
McU
JMU
Woff
EKU

You know, I could live with the Wofford over Montana pick, but to pick BOTH OVC schools shows blatant homerism. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xeyebrowx xpeacex

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
You know, I could live with the Wofford over Montana pick, but to pick BOTH OVC schools shows blatant homerism. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xeyebrowx xpeacex

haha, that IS pretty rediculous.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
UNI
Delaware
EIU
UMASS
McU
JMU
Woff
EKU

Nothing wrong with having a dream, I guess.
xeyebrowx

youwouldno
November 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0)
Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3)

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1)
Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2)

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0)
JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2)

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0)
EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2)

There will be a couple upsets but I like Wofford's chances the most of the underdogs. They use unusual schemes on offense and defense and Wofford has played a much, much, much tougher schedule.

Panthers_Blue
November 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hey the "OVC Curse" has to end sometime

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Hey the "OVC Curse" has to end sometime

OK
EKU can beat Richmond, then.
xsmiley_wix

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 09:09 PM
UNH @ UNI - We know what will happen.
UNH 14 UNI 38

DSU @ UD - I have a gutsy feeling about DSU. I think they're very good. Watch out Delaware.
DSU 31 UD 21

EIU @ SIU - The Salukis (if that's how you spell it) are one of the best teams in the playoffs. I think they have a shot at going all the way. With that said:
EIU 21 SIU 35

Fordham @ UMass - UMass won one of the toughest conferences. With a coin toss or not, they won it. I'll take UMass in a close one.
Fordham 21 UMass 27

EWU @ The Hole - It may not be an easy game, but we got home field for a reason. The reason is simply: we're good. The playoffs determine who's better. Still, I like the team that will sway and clap twice the most. I also like the team that will tighten up in the red zone. The score will not show how close the game will really be because they will march all the way down the field and kick a field goal or cough up the ball like the rest of the teams we played. It will be a very nerve-racking game no matter what the score is.
EWU 17 McNeese 27

JMU @ Appy - All that think JMU will pull of the upset say "I". . .
JMU 17 App. St. 28

Wofford @ Montana - What a close game to call, but if Wofford still had to share the SoCon title with App. St. after they beat them and if Montana proves that they can take any team, Montana will win. I think they will along with McNeese because we have chips on our shoulders. They say we aren't good because we play bad teams. We'll see. Montana and my 'boys will show ya'll. It will still be close.
Wofford 24 Montana 31

EKU @ Richmond - Close, but not close enough. This is Richmond be careful.
EKU 17 Richmond 28

Games most likely for upset other than DSU @ UD:
Fordham @ UMass
Wofford @ Montana (It won't happen, but I have to have an upset pick.)
EWU @ McNeese (We're very good, but anything can happen. It all depends on our defense.)

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2)

There will be a couple upsets but I like Wofford's chances the most of the underdogs. They use unusual schemes on offense and defense and Wofford has played a much, much, much tougher schedule.

Yeah, those games against Georgtown (KY), Gardner-Webb, Chattanooga, Western Carolina and Charleston Southern would scare the hell out of me too. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2)

UNI by 10- Santos keeps his boys in there as long as he can
UD by 21-Really????
SIU-Where is Lucious Pucci when you need him?
UMASS- by 14
EWU-Shocks Mcneese by 3
ASU- HOMER
Wofford- HOMER (Woff by 3)
Richmond- CAA gets 3 first round wins, which proves the committee was pretty dead on giving them five bids (although the SoCo should have gotten 3)

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, those games against Georgtown (KY), Gardner-Webb, Chattanooga, Western Carolina and Charleston Southern would scare the hell out of me too. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrolleyesx

Western Carolina would finish a good third in the Big Fluff xsmiley_wix

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
[COLOR="Navy"]

EIU @ SIU - The Salukies (if that's how you spell it) are one of the best teams in the playoffs. I think they have a shot at going all the way. With that said:
EIU 21 SIU 35

Drop the e
S-A-L-U-K-I-S

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Western Carolina would finish a good third in the Big Fluff xsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Post of the day.

UNC goes 4-1 against those 5 schools! xnodx xnodx xnodx

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
App. State over JMU (I feel as though JMU is too one dimensional on offense, and I think that will allow APP to focus on shutting Landers down and making him throw)
McNeese State over EWU (I listened to some of the EWU/Weber State game, and I wasn't that impressed with EWU, or the BSC in general. McNeese wins)
Richmond over EKU (There is upset alert here, as I don't like Ward that much, but I think Richmond will find a way with Hightower)
Montana over Wofford (No one knows what Montana is made of, but it's VERY difficult to win in Montana)

Umass over Fordham (romp city, also)
SIU over EIU (romp city)
DSU over Delaware (Delaware is not playing good football, and I really think DSU is primed to win this one)
UNH over UNI (I'm a homer. Santos starts the magical ride here) They became One dimensional with Baker and Caussin out.....but they are finally back to give Landers some relief....

LehighFan11
November 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) UNI in close on 31-28
Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) Delaware big 31-10

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) SIU 28-14
Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) Umass gets a huge test, Fordham losing to Bucknell could be really bad for Umass 28-24

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) McNeese St big at home 41-20
JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) ASU rolls at the rock 45-21

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) Too much option, Wofford 21-17
EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) Richmond is posed for a run 31-14

Black and Gold Express
November 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM

Any of those teams are better than the pathetic quintent of Ft. Lewis, Southern Utah, Albany, Idaho State, and Northern Colorado.

You will learn one thing - Wofford does not beat themselves. You will either win or lose this game, but you will not get many (or any) gifts from the Terriers in doing so. They do not play a pretty brand of football. In fact it's rather dull. It's also frustrating as hell as those 3-5 yard runs start adding up and turn into 8-15 yarders late in the game.

Rob Iola
November 18th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Interesting - the only CAA-Gateway tilt in the 1st round - I think UNI may have been lulled to sleep during the regular season. They should probably be thankful they got the Wildcats instead of the Spiders to start things off, but Santos IS the reigning Payton winner...

This could easily be an upset...

KiddBrewer
November 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM
UNI by 17
Delaware by 13
S. Illinois by 7
UMass by 21
EWU by 7
ASU 45-28
Wofford by 4
Richmond by 10

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Interesting - the only CAA-Gateway tilt in the 1st round - I think UNI may have been lulled to sleep during the regular season. They should probably be thankful they got the Wildcats instead of the Spiders to start things off, but Santos IS the reigning Payton winner...

This could easily be an upset...

Lulled to sleep? The team came out and executed and got their rest. This team will be focused and ready to play.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Drop the e
S-A-L-U-K-I-S

thx i will edit it.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Any of those teams are better than the pathetic quintent of Ft. Lewis, Southern Utah, Albany, Idaho State, and Northern Colorado.

You will learn one thing - Wofford does not beat themselves. You will either win or lose this game, but you will not get many (or any) gifts from the Terriers in doing so. They do not play a pretty brand of football. In fact it's rather dull. It's also frustrating as hell as those 3-5 yard runs start adding up and turn into 8-15 yarders late in the game.

Can you say "Lex Hilliard"? You just described his game to a tee... xnodx xnodx xnodx

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Southern Utah goes, at worst, 4-1 against those teams (UT-C, Gardner-Webb, Georgetown, KY, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern).

If Albany had scheduled ANY of those teams instead of Montana and Hofstra, they'd have been 10-1 and in the playoffs.

Idaho State goes 5-0 against that group.

UNC (at the END of the season) goes 3-2, possibly 4-1 against that group. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Edit: Ever notice that the East Coasters even think their sucky teams are better than the West's sucky teams? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

MSU_77
November 18th, 2007, 09:32 PM
UNI by 17
Delaware by 13
S. Illinois by 7
UMass by 21
EWU by 7
ASU 45-28
Wofford by 4
Richmond by 10

You REALLY don't want to come to Lake Charles in the second round, do you? C'mon, it'll be fun. xanim_chaix

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Delaware @ UNI I have to agree here. UNH has a potent offense, but I'm not sure their defense is up to the task. The O-Line injuries don't help either. Delaware seems like they'll move on pretty easy, but I could be wrong. I've only seen Delaware State once. I'll take either team as neither one of them has ever been in the Dome.

I think both of these teams move on pretty easy. Not much point in going on about why I think they'll win.

App State @ McNeese State
I have a feeling that App State pulls out a win at home. It could be JMU moving on, but I think the homefield advantage is the difference. McNeese State may get a scare from Eastern Washington, but I think they can pull it out.

Richmond @ Montana
I think the home teams win out in the first round. Richmond/EKU seems like it could be a pick 'em game in the vein of App St/JMU.

I agree with all these picks. I'll add that the OVC sucks. It's loaded with DII schools and a couple teams that used to be very good (Selection committee, please add younger members - EIU and EKU suck balls)

While the MEAC is getting better, they're still a playoff eligible SWAC conference. They should have a play in game between the OVC and MEAC where the winner get's the bid. Make em play the game the day after their last regular season game.xlolx

That being said:

SIU by 27 points over EIU
Deleware by 21 over DSU
*Both team pull their starters out before the 4th Q, so I didn't add more points.

Rob, do you really not care if either UD or DSU comes to the dome, if we beat UNH?xrolleyesx I personally do not want to see Deleware.

The Cats
November 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) UNI
Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) Delaware State

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) Southern Illinois
Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) Umass

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) McNeese St
JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) JMU

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) Wofford
EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) EKU

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Anyone who thinks EWU is gonna beat McNeese at McNeese is either a BSC homer or has never been to McNeese. That is one tough place to play. Football in the South is a different world. EWU will be blinded by their speed and bludgeoned by their toughness. The kids from the South are some insane mother****ers.xnodx

McNeese by 12

ASUdrummer
November 18th, 2007, 09:53 PM
UNI-easy win...should be playing 'Nova. (No offense UNH)
Delaware- good in-state game
SIU- " " ...except the good part...
UMASS- Talented team...don't let the URI game fool you.
McNeese St- ...They're from Louisiana...maybe a little SEC-like speed and power??? I don't know personnally...
ASU- We know JMU and we're at home...no need to say anymore
Woff./Mont.- I don't wanna predict this one...too excited about the potential of playing either team to get to Chatty.
Richmond- They're looking pretty good right now...

Also, is it just me or does it really hit when you sit back and look at the bracket that this year is pretty amazing with the teams that are in for the ride?!?!

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Anyone who thinks EWU is gonna beat McNeese at McNeese is either a BSC homer or has never been to McNeese. That is one tough place to play. Football in the South is a different world. EWU will be blinded by their speed and bludgeoned by their toughness. The kids from the South are some insane mother****ers.xnodx

McNeese by 12

Apparently they become pussies when they travel north then? xlolx xlolx Do they suddenly lose that speed and toughness?

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 09:57 PM
New Hampshire @ #1 UNI
Delaware State @ Delaware

Eastern Illinois @ #4 Southern Illinois
Fordham @ UMass

EWU @ #2 McNeese St
JMU @ ASU

Wofford @ #3 Montana
EKU @ Richmond

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Apparently they become pussies when they travel north then? xlolx xlolx Do they suddenly lose that speed and toughness?

they are way better then last year.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
they are way better then last year.

They'd better be. xcoolx xcoolx

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM

McNeese by 12

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx
Your my new best friend! xsmiley_wix

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Just like the Griz will when they make their trip down south this year xnodx

Cincy App
November 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM
You REALLY don't want to come to Lake Charles in the second round, do you? C'mon, it'll be fun. xanim_chaix

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - JMU does what it has failed to do consistently and wins a close one on the road 28-24

I guess you want no part of ASU either! I don't blame you!

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 10:03 PM

heck they lost to us last year and we had lost to UNC and SUU.

McNeese72

When have the Griz ever won a game in "The Hole"?

Doc

ASUdrummer
New Hampshire @ #1 UNI

Fordham @ UMass

EWU @ #2 McNeese St
JMU @ ASU

Wofford @ #3 Montana
EKU @ Richmond

...so is this because you just don't want to see ASU paired beside you in the 2nd Round or because you truly believe we'll lose at home to JMU???

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Yes. WG is just as bad. Cold ****ing weather and hostile, intimidating environment. You lose your mojo. For truly great teams it don't matter (UNI in 2005 won @#1 UNH and #2 Texas State) but for slightly lesser teams (EWU and yes, McNeese) it makes a world of difference.

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM
...so is this because you just don't want to see ASU paired beside you in the 2nd Round or because you truly believe we'll lose at home to JMU??? Be Honest xnonox

i would love to see an ASU - McNeese matchup. but think JMU will come out swingin. it could go either way and i went with the upset.:D

MSU_77
November 18th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I guess you want no part of ASU either! I don't blame you!

LOL. It's no fun not to pick an upset or two. JMU is an unlikely candidate this year, but they won all their playoff games on the road in 2004 so who knows? Actually, it'd be great to see ASU come to "The Hole." The two programs have never played AFAIK. I have great respect for them.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Rob, do you really not care if either UD or DSU comes to the dome, if we beat UNH?xrolleyesx I personally do not want to see Deleware.

To win the championship you have to beat the best. If Delaware State gets here they must be pretty decent.

grizzpaw
November 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM
UNH@UNI-(UNI ROLLS)xlolx xnodx
DELAWARE@DELAWARE ST(BLUEHENS)xcoolx
EIU@SIU(SIU)xrulesx
FORMHAM@UMASS(UMASS IS GOOD)xconfusedx
EWU@MCNEESE(BOTH TEAMS WANT ANOTHER SHOT AT MONTANA-MCNEESE IN A GOOD ONE)xbawlingx
EKU@RICHMOND(RICHMOND)xeyebrowx
WOFFORD@MONTANA(TEAM THAT MAKES THE BEST HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS WINS WITH SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY THAT SAID HOMER -MONTANA):D

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM

Are you saying Montana isn't a hard place to play? ;)

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 10:14 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Post of the day.

UNC goes 4-1 against those 5 schools! xnodx xnodx xnodx

and yet.....somehow you one-upped me. Well, I will have dig deeper to win this game of absurdity, so here goes:

Georgetown, Ky finishes fourth in the Big Fluff, and gives Montana a heck of a game at their house (in front of 800 screaming fans), but loses on a last second field goal.

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

Cincy App
November 18th, 2007, 10:14 PM
LOL. It's no fun not to pick an upset or two. JMU is an unlikely candidate this year, but they won all their playoff games on the road in 2004 so who knows? Actually, it'd be great to see ASU come to "The Hole." The two programs have never played AFAIK. I have great respect for them.

I have great respect for McNeese as well. I attended your title game against WKU a few years ago. It wasn't your night but I was impressed (but not surprised) at how well McNeese traveled. This week though - ASU better focus on a good JMU team.

Black and Gold Express
November 18th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Southern Utah goes, at worst, 4-1 against those teams (UT-C, Gardner-Webb, Georgetown, KY, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern).

If Albany had scheduled ANY of those teams instead of Montana and Hofstra, they'd have been 10-1 and in the playoffs.

Idaho State goes 5-0 against that group.

UNC (at the END of the season) goes 3-2, possibly 4-1 against that group. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Edit: Ever notice that the East Coasters even think their sucky teams are better than the West's sucky teams? xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Dude, lay off the sauce. You're drunk if you really think that.cxcoffeex

Mountain Panther

xbowx

AZGrizFan
and yet.....somehow you one-upped me. Well, I will have dig deeper to win this game of absurdity, so here goes:

Georgetown, Ky finishes fourth in the Big Fluff, and gives Montana a heck of a game at their house (in front of 800 screaming fans), but loses on a last second field goal.

xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx

750. And it's a safety. xeyebrowx

Appstate29
November 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
750. And it's a safety. xeyebrowx

what are the odds of seeing Georgetown, Ky on the schedule next year for the Griz? After seeing them on Woff's schedule there is no way the AD at Montana can pass up this opportunity to play quality opponents inside Wa-Griz

My guess is 2-3

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
...so is this because you just don't want to see ASU paired beside you in the 2nd Round or because you truly believe we'll lose at home to JMU???

He's a Tx State fan.

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
He's a Tx State fan.

i just have to have fun with the post season since my bobcats sucked this year.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Pick 1

EKU, lost away to 2 FBS teams. Highest points scored on them by FCS was 35 and 24 all the rest were held to 21 and under. Looks like they average scoring around 35 with a well balanced attack.

Pick 2

UD, Duh CAA, ADs gift.xthumbsupx

Pick 3

UMass, Duh CAA, ADs gift.xthumbsupx

Pick 4

ASU, in a close one. JMU is a test.

Pick 5

McNeese St, balanced very solid line play, D gets to QBs without needing to blitz extra players.

Pick 6

UNI, Duh gift for being #1 and payback for UNH being supposed Nasty Hosts in 05 get 'em Cappyxbowx xbowx xbowx

Pick 7

SIU, Duh EIU is well, just plain outmatched.

Pick 8

Wofford, The week off should have them closer to begining of the season form and rested. And I think they may be PO'd getting shat on again by the committee.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:43 PM
what are the odds of seeing Georgetown, Ky on the schedule next year for the Griz? After seeing them on Woff's schedule there is no way the AD at Montana can pass up this opportunity to play quality opponents inside Wa-Griz

My guess is 2-3

Nah.....we're goin' with Western State of Colorado instead. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xmadx xmadx

RE/MAXGriz
November 18th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Weeee!! Predictions!

UNI over New Hampshire - UNI has an easy 1st round game, I'm surprised NH got in over Elon, personally.

Deleware over Deleware St - Homefield will be huge, although if the NCAA didn't think with their pocketbook this game would probably be in DSU's house.

SIU over EIU - Uhh...yeah, Southern Ill wins.

UMass over Fordham - but much closer than many expect.

EWU over MacTeam - More Big Sky bias from this poster

Appy St over JMU - App St staying in the playoffs is good for the FCS on TV, the longer they go the more you'll see games on ESPN instead of ESPN2 or ESPNU

Montana beats Wofford - Wofford should have had a home game instead of Deleware or Appy, but it's that $$ thing again.

Richmond over EKU - I know nothing about either team but the spiders sound mean

UNHFootballAlum
November 18th, 2007, 11:13 PM
UNI over New Hampshire - UNI has an easy 1st round game, I'm surprised NH got in over Elon, personally.

Elon didn't have 7 D1 wins and therefore not eligible

UNHFootballAlum
November 18th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I hope that the UNI team is not taking UNH as lightly as you all are here on this board. If they do, then they could be in for a shocker. I agree that UNI should be favored, but don't underestimate UNH as they did not expect to be in the playoffs and will play very loose in this game.

youwouldno
November 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Here is Montana's season, per the GPI:

non D-I

One top 25 opponent- barely.

Here is Wofford, losses noted with an *:

non D-I
FBS- NC St.*
19*
14*

A much, much, much harder schedule than the Griz. All three losses were to teams better than anyone the Griz played. Wofford's win over App St is better than any win the Griz have, and another 2 wins are similar to the Griz' best win (vs. EWU).

To put it another way, here are the top 5 wins for each team:

Griz

Terriers

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I wish Newbs would get the F'n facts straight. 7 DI wins is a guideline!!!!!!! not a rule.

BTW. What about 7-4 SC state??? 2 FBS losses 2 FCS losses one in OT and one by 1 point.xchinscratchx

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
UNI-42
UNH-28

UD-31
Del St-24

SIU-34
EIU-21

UMASS-35
Fordham-10

Montana-31
Wofford-14

Richmond-28
EKU-17

McNeese-31
EWU-28

Upset Special
App St-24
JMU-28

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I hope that the UNI team is not taking UNH as lightly as you all are here on this board. If they do, then they could be in for a shocker. I agree that UNI should be favored, but don't underestimate UNH as they did not expect to be in the playoffs and will play very loose in this game.

Trust me, they're not. They're focused and I would venture to say the pathers are excited to play such a formidable opponent in the first round. As a fan, I'd much rather be playing Eastern Illinois or EKU.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Upset Special
App St-24
JMU-28

Bison Fans predicting Apps demise again. Some things never change.xlolx xrolleyesx

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Bison Fans predicting Apps demise again. Some things never change.xlolx xrolleyesx

Some may have but for the past two years I have picked App to win it all. I have a ton of respect for APP but for some reason that game just makes me think upset.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM
UNH@UNI-(UNI ROLLS)xlolx xnodx
DELAWARE@DELAWARE ST(BLUEHENS)xcoolx
EIU@SIU(SIU)xrulesx
FORMHAM@UMASS(UMASS IS GOOD)xconfusedx
EWU@MCNEESE(BOTH TEAMS WANT ANOTHER SHOT AT MONTANA-MCNEESE IN A GOOD ONE)xbawlingx
EKU@RICHMOND(RICHMOND)xeyebrowx
WOFFORD@MONTANA(TEAM THAT MAKES THE BEST HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS WINS WITH SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY THAT SAID HOMER -MONTANA):D

Awwww... Grizzpaw, did that loss in 2004 hurt that much that you can't even comment on our game this year? xlolx xsmiley_wix

Methinks this year it is Richmond that you should fear from the CAA the most.

I do believe that Richmond is the most balanced team in the field. Nothing truly stellar on either side of the ball, but they are well-coached and play hard. Ward as a QB keeps progressing and their young D is maturing as the year has gone on. They are a dangerous team without a dangerous venue. I think they play better away from that dump in Richmond, so beware if they get past EKU, which I think they will. I tend to think the Grizz will hold serve vs. Wofford. A UR/Montana matchup will be a great round 2 game if it happens. So would a JMU/EWU matchup! Then the CAA and the BSC could claim dominion over our half of the bracket. xnodx xthumbsupx

Fresno St. Alum
November 18th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I have a question about the ags poll. Do we still vote for the ags poll during each week of the playoffs or just 1 final vote after the championship game?

Cleets
November 18th, 2007, 11:43 PM

non D-I

non D-I
FBS- NC St.*
19*
14*

A much, much, much harder schedule than the Griz. All three losses were to teams better than anyone the Griz played. Wofford's win over App St is better than any win the Griz have, and another 2 wins are similar to the Griz' best win (vs. EWU).

Griz

Terriers

Easy... So it's in the bag for Wofford... No problem - they should be favored by 14...

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM

non D-I

non D-I
FBS- NC St.*
19*
14*

Griz

Terriers

You know what all this means when both teams are on the field on Saturday....squat

We'll see Wofford at Wash-Griz and they better bring their A-game xcoffeex

FargoBison
November 18th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I have a question about the ags poll. Do we still vote for the ags poll during each week of the playoffs or just 1 final vote after the championship game?

Its just one final vote after the title game.

youwouldno
November 18th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm not a Wofford fan. All I said was that Wofford has played a tougher schedule. That is plainly true.

I think the game is a tossup.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Easy... So it's in the bag for Wofford... No problem - they should be favored by 14...

CLEETS your Friz love over runneth.xpopcornx

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 11:52 PM
CLEETS your Friz love over runneth.xpopcornx

What can I say Ivy Leaguers are smart..... xcoffeex

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not a Wofford fan. All I said was that Wofford has played a tougher schedule. That is plainly true.

I think the game is a tossup.

K Fixed my post xlolx xpeacex

Fresno St. Alum
November 18th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I wish NDSU would have went undefeated so that if one of the schools with a loss won the championship I could think about puting NDSU at #1.

I probably would have put the champ at #1 anyway but NDSU would have been #2

UNHFootballAlum
November 19th, 2007, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE] wish Newbs would get the F'n facts straight. 7 DI wins is a guideline!!!!!!! not a rule.

BTW. What about 7-4 SC state??? 2 FBS losses 2 FCS losses one in OT and one by 1 point.

Tell me when the committee has taken a team with less than 7 D1 wins since that became a "guideline". Because I do not post as often as you do, do assume I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually played this game, did you?

Baldy
November 19th, 2007, 12:05 AM
You know what all this means when both teams are on the field on Saturday....squat

We'll see Wofford at Wash-Griz and they better bring their A-game xcoffeex
Just hope the Griz brings theirs....... xnodx

B&G
November 19th, 2007, 12:05 AM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) - UNI comes out hot and UNH can't keep up. -- UNI 45-24

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) - I'm not buying what the MEAC is selling. Delaware is slumping and State will be VERY motivated to show up the Hens. Ultimately they fall just short. -- Delaware 31-30

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) - An OVC team against a team that has only lost to the #1 FCS team? Always bet with the streak and the streak is OVC losses. -- SIU 41-21

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) - Fordham hangs tough early but the 2nd half is all UMass. -- Umass 34-17

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) - EWU is hot but that four game win streak isn't against the most stellar of foes. And isn't quality of opponents the big knock on McNeese? I'll be rooting for EWU and the chance of a second round home game in Boone but... -- McNeese 35-28

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - Even with the loss to GA Southern at home this season, being @ The Rock will still be the difference. -- App 38-28

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) - Wofford's strengths are not going against Montana's weaknesses. The Griz quiet the doubters for the time being... Montana 34-21

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) - Spiders survive a scare -- Richmond 28-26

Hmm, no upsets this round. But the 2nd round will see at least two.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 19th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Just hope the Griz brings theirs....... xnodx

OH trust me I do xcoolx xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

FargoBison
November 19th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I wish NDSU would have went undefeated so that if one of the schools with a loss won the championship I could think about puting NDSU at #1.

I probably would have put the champ at #1 anyway but NDSU would have been #2

It would have been interesting and I would have been in the same boat as you. Going undefeated in the regular season is impressive but running the playoff guantlet is even more impressive.

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
#1 UNI over UNH - UNI keeps rolling. 45-14

Delaware over DSU - I think they've got too much talent to be tripped up in the first round. 27-17

#4 SIU over E. Ill. - Again, just like UNI, SIU keeps rolling. 35-9

UMASS over Fordham - Pretty close call to me, but I take UMASS in a close one. 21-20

#2 McNeese St. over EWU - As much as I want EWU to win, I think McNeese pulls it off. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised. xlolx 45-35

ASU over JMU - I think ASU edges out JMU in a really close one. May even go down to the wire. 38-35

#3 Montana over Wofford - I have a ton of confidence in the Griz defense to secure the win and take us deep this year. It may be close at half, but the Griz are a second half team. 27-13

Richmond over EKU - No idea about either team, but you can't bet against the CAA champ (erm...Co-Champ) xlolx Bigger number - Smaller number

Not a single upset, but I don't think any of the home teams lose. Should be an awesome weekend of football. xthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
November 19th, 2007, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE] wish Newbs would get the F'n facts straight. 7 DI wins is a guideline!!!!!!! not a rule.

BTW. What about 7-4 SC state??? 2 FBS losses 2 FCS losses one in OT and one by 1 point.

Tell me when the committee has taken a team with less than 7 D1 wins since that became a "guideline". Because I do not post as often as you do, do assume I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually played this game, did you?xlolx Okay;)

Yeah I shot off a little sorry:o but for the last week the seldom posters have swarmed on here.not getting facts right about many things it gets annoying at times.;)

I assumed because you stated something as fact that simply is not true. The reason the committee has not in the past is there have always been enough teams with the 7 D I 's but The reason why having 7 D I wins is a guideline not a rule is some sunny day there may not be 16 FCS teams and next year 18 FCS teams in all of FCS with 7 D I wins. Don't get mad bro just trying to point ya in the right direction.xthumbsupx
Some people try hard to play, some people are blessed with gifts that all the want in the world will not overcome, Good for you. Having played or not has no bearing whatsoever on understanding the rules that make the games possible.:D

PS Missed your predictions?

furpal87
November 19th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Okay, now that I've seen the pairings and see some predictions here are mine:
Reverse order of interest and of quality of game:

EIU @ SIU: Seen this before, same as before Salukis 41-13
Fordham@ UMass: My Dad was OC at Fordham in the early 70's, when Digger was the b-ball coach there. Not much more to say, UMass should roll 37-21
EWU @ McNeese State: Don't know much about either team, EWU always plays some wild playoff games, stay with the Cowboys at home 44-41 in OT.
EKU @ Richmond Like the Spiders, liked their fans when I met them at the playoff game two years ago. Waiting for the OVC to prove something, anything to me. Spiders 30-14.
UNH @ UNI Like Santos, like CAA football in general, like UNI's purple, and their dome. Hope this will be a great game, but the favorites pull it out 42-32.
Del St at Delaware: This type of game always interests me, when the "big" school won't play the little guys : See UNC vs App State or WCU. Just knew the NCAA's sense of humor would kick in here. Still no way Delaware allows this to be a game 41-14 Hens.

Now the SoCon games. To me both road teams should be very upset with these matchups, but you've got to play them as they scheduled you.

JMU at App State: Sounds like at least a quarterfinal game. App State starts the road to a three-peat. My feeling is they've just been cruising and getting healthy this year. I think they're ready beware FCS. App 35-20

Wofford at Montana: When I first saw this my instinct was Wofford got jobbed again, now I'm thinking what an opportunity to go out there throw your funky offense at the Griz and let the chips fall where they may. The most important unit this week maybe the Griz defensive staff. It's like playing Navy, you can watch it all you want, but until you face it, you really don't understand it. Montana has a huge homefield advantage, better athletes, better facilities, and should win easily. They also have a lot of pressure, too. Haven't picked a road winner yet, I want to so badly, but I say Montana finds a way 26-23. GO WOFFORD!!!

Fresno St. Alum
November 19th, 2007, 02:13 AM
N.Iowa over UHN
Delaware over Delaware St.
UMass over Fordham
SIU over EIU
Wofford over Montana(I had to pick 1 upset)
Richmond over EKU
App St. over JMU
McNeese St. over EWU

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 03:42 AM

Tell me when the committee has taken a team with less than 7 D1 wins since that became a "guideline". Because I do not post as often as you do, do assume I don't know what I'm talking about. I actually played this game, did you?

If it weren't a rule YSU would be in over UNH.

Keeper
November 19th, 2007, 03:50 AM
For use as a betting line if you will:

McNeese 7.5 over EWU
Montana 1.5 over Wofford
Mass 26.0 over Fordham
UNI 18.0 over UNH
Delaware 26.0 over DSU
ASU 8.0 over JMU
Richmond 16.5 over EKU
SIU 19.0 over EIU

Am looking forward to both TV games along with
homemade Turkey Pot Pie!

JoltinJoe
November 19th, 2007, 06:25 AM
For use as a betting line if you will:

McNeese 7.5 over EWU
Montana 1.5 over Wofford
Mass 26.0 over Fordham
UNI 18.0 over UNH
Delaware 26.0 over DSU
ASU 8.0 over JMU
Richmond 16.5 over EKU
SIU 19.0 over EIU

Am looking forward to both TV games along with
homemade Turkey Pot Pie!

If I can seriously take Fordham with 26 points, I'll take it.

Fordham is a very young, very talented, very athletic, and very smart team playing now with house money. I think that kind of a team is actually a dangerous first-round draw.

UMass is favored for obvious reasons but Fordham will be in this game.

phillyAPP
November 19th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Okay, now that I've seen the pairings and see some predictions here are mine:
Reverse order of interest and of quality of game:

EIU @ SIU: Seen this before, same as before Salukis 41-13
Fordham@ UMass: My Dad was OC at Fordham in the early 70's, when Digger was the b-ball coach there. Not much more to say, UMass should roll 37-21
EWU @ McNeese State: Don't know much about either team, EWU always plays some wild playoff games, stay with the Cowboys at home 44-41 in OT.
EKU @ Richmond Like the Spiders, liked their fans when I met them at the playoff game two years ago. Waiting for the OVC to prove something, anything to me. Spiders 30-14.
UNH @ UNI Like Santos, like CAA football in general, like UNI's purple, and their dome. Hope this will be a great game, but the favorites pull it out 42-32.
Del St at Delaware: This type of game always interests me, when the "big" school won't play the little guys : See UNC vs App State or WCU. Just knew the NCAA's sense of humor would kick in here. Still no way Delaware allows this to be a game 41-14 Hens.

Now the SoCon games. To me both road teams should be very upset with these matchups, but you've got to play them as they scheduled you.

JMU at App State: Sounds like at least a quarterfinal game. App State starts the road to a three-peat. My feeling is they've just been cruising and getting healthy this year. I think they're ready beware FCS. App 35-20

Wofford at Montana: When I first saw this my instinct was Wofford got jobbed again, now I'm thinking what an opportunity to go out there throw your funky offense at the Griz and let the chips fall where they may. The most important unit this week maybe the Griz defensive staff. It's like playing Navy, you can watch it all you want, but until you face it, you really don't understand it. Montana has a huge homefield advantage, better athletes, better facilities, and should win easily. They also have a lot of pressure, too. Haven't picked a road winner yet, I want to so badly, but I say Montana finds a way 26-23. GO WOFFORD!!!

Where have you been ?----- I can't argue a bit with your analysis.

You saved me alot of typing.

Go Wofford----Good luck

APPST '93
November 19th, 2007, 07:43 AM

I couldn't have said it any better.

The two games we lost were when Armanti was coming back from injuries. He is healthy and I have a feeling we will be hard to stop. Our D may have a hard time but I'll take our O any day of the week with a healthy Armanti.

OldFootballGuy
November 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Some may have but for the past two years I have picked App to win it all. I have a ton of respect for APP but for some reason that game just makes me think upset.

I think you're right. This was the worst possible matchup for ASU. It was the committee's punishment for losing two games after beating Michigan. Frankly, I don't think it's going to be close. The Boonies haven't tackled a running back yet and JMU is just going to shove it down their throats. If JMU wins by less than 14, I'll be surprised. JMU 47 ASU 31

Others:

UNI 42 UNH 28
UMass 37 Fordham 14
Richmond 41 EKU 20
SIU 42 EIU 10
Wofford 17 Montana 14
UD 52 DSU 28
McNeese 31 EWU 28

Ronbo
November 19th, 2007, 08:32 AM
When have the Griz ever won a game in "The Hole"?

Doc

We've never sent a team that's 11-0 to the hole. You've gotten our 8-3 and 9-2 teams before.

CharlestonAppFan
November 19th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I think you're right. This was the worst possible matchup for ASU. It was the committee's punishment for losing two games after beating Michigan. Frankly, I don't think it's going to be close. The Boonies haven't tackled a running back yet and JMU is just going to shove it down their throats. If JMU wins by less than 14, I'll be surprised. JMU 47 ASU 31

xlolx xlolx xlolx I usually just look the other way when people pick against us because I don't think any team wants to face us in the playoffs....but this score..it just makes me laugh. I actually like it when people do not believe we can win a game....it just makes it that much sweeter when we do beat the tar out of our opponent.
Come on Bison fans; please xprayx start picking against us again this year:D it was good luck for us last year

bamamountaineer1013
November 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Delaware St. (10-1) at Delaware (8-3)- I hope Del St. gives em a game, but in the end, Delaware wins.

Fordham (8-3) at Massachusetts (9-2)- Could be upset special here, but Umass hangs on to win

James Madison (8-3) at Appalachian St. (9-2)- Gonna be my homer pick. I can't pick against my boys, but we can't tackle anymore so JMU scares me. ASU wins a close one. (hopefully)

New Hampshire (7-4) at No. 1 UNI (11-0)- I've been hearing about Santos for a long time, he's going to need the best game of his career, for UNH to win.

Eastern Ill. (8-3) at No. 4 Southern Ill. (10-1)- Should be an exciting game to watch with two in-state teams going at it, but Southern Ill. wins.

Eastern Wash. (8-3) at No. 2 McNeese St. (11-0)- McNeese is a storied program, and I would love nothing more than to have a chance to play at The Hole (I think that's right) so I'll pick them, but according to many Grizz fans look out for EWU. Should be a great game.

Wofford (8-3) at No. 3 Montana (11-0)- This is one of my upset picks, I am not going to say SoCon is better or Big Sky is worse, but I think that Woffords offense is too versatile.

Eastern Ky. (9-2) at Richmond (9-2)-I like Richmond in this game, don't know why but I do.

OldFootballGuy
November 19th, 2007, 08:54 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx I usually just look the other way when people pick against us because I don't think any team wants to face us in the playoffs....but this score..it just makes me laugh. I actually like it when people do not believe we can win a game....it just makes it that much sweeter when we do beat the tar out of our opponent.
Come on Bison fans; please xprayx start picking against us again this year:D it was good luck for us last year

I'm not a Bison fan. I happen to live in SoCon territory. I said at the beginning of the year that ASU was the team to beat and then I saw that godawful defense. ASU has the best offense in the country, but it can be slowed as Chattanooga showed Saturday. When that happens against a good team, you don't have enough defense to keep you in it. All JMU has to do is force two punts and they've won. Your defense will be good in a couple of years, but they're just pups right now.

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2007, 09:01 AM
UNI 38
UNH 28

UNH will make it a game.. but UNI will win

Delaware 35
Del St 17

Del St's only averaging 21 points per game.. not nearly enough to win at UD

SIU 38
EIU 20

don't know much about EIU.. but 2d place in the OV doen't carry a lot of weight

UMass 31
Fordham 13

UMass wins easily over the weakest Pat League winner in recent years

EWU 24
McNeese St 21

not sure how good either of these teams are.. but I think EWU may pull off an upset

ASU 38
JMU 28

a healthy Edwards will be the difference

Montana 28
Wofford 21

should be a close game.. but it's tough to pick against the Griz in Missoula

Richmond 34
EKU 23

Richmond may be the top team in the CAA.. if their QB plays well.. they have a chance to go a long way

CharlestonAppFan
November 19th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I'm not a Bison fan. I happen to live in SoCon territory. I said at the beginning of the year that ASU was the team to beat and then I saw that godawful defense. ASU has the best offense in the country, but it can be slowed as Chattanooga showed Saturday. When that happens against a good team, you don't have enough defense to keep you in it. All JMU has to do is force two punts and they've won. Your defense will be good in a couple of years, but they're just pups right now.

That godawful defense was ranked #1 in the SoCon this year; as far as the offense my take is that we haven't fully shown our hand yet to our playoff teams. Just like last year, Armanti didn't get going mid-way through the season (since his injury he is just now going through his midpoint), but then he exploded; he's a little rusty which is a given since this is only his 5th game back. K-Rich is gearing up also, just like last year, with his touches and rushing numbers increasing every game.

While I agree with you that our defense is not as good as last year, be aware that we did not give up a point in the 2nd half against UTC, only garbage time points to WCU, one TD to The Citadel, and only 3 points to GSU. With the way the SoCon's offenses were this year, I'm not fully buying into the fact that our defense is "godawful".

JMU might very well beat us on Saturday, I'm not saying that they don't have a chance. It was comical, rather, that you predicted JMU to score 47 and their defense holds us to 31. I don't think we have scored that few points all season.

gophoenix
November 19th, 2007, 09:09 AM

It isn't a rule. And I love how CAA teams are the ones using this as the excuse now. Used to be that non-scholarship teams counted jsut like a D-II team does (ie IONA).

West Georgia and WV Wesleyan both offer 35 scholarships more than Iona's 0. Winston-Salem State and Presbyterian offer 50 more.

Yep, real compatible there.

OldFootballGuy
November 19th, 2007, 09:14 AM
That godawful defense was ranked #1 in the SoCon this year; as far as the offense my take is that we haven't fully shown our hand yet to our playoff teams. Just like last year, Armanti didn't get going mid-way through the season (since his injury he is just now going through his midpoint), but then he exploded; he's a little rusty which is a given since this is only his 5th game back. K-Rich is gearing up also, just like last year, with his touches and rushing numbers increasing every game.

While I agree with you that our defense is not as good as last year, be aware that we did not give up a point in the 2nd half against UTC, only garbage time points to WCU, one TD to The Citadel, and only 3 points to GSU. With the way the SoCon's offenses were this year, I'm not fully buying into the fact that our defense is "godawful".

JMU might very well beat us on Saturday, I'm not saying that they don't have a chance. It was comical, rather, that you predicted JMU to score 47 and their defense holds us to 31. I don't think we have scored that few points all season.

Wofford 42 ASU 31

I don't think it's comical at all to predict that many points for JMU. This will likely be the best offense ASU has faced this season. JMU averages 261 yards per game on the ground and ASU gives up rushing yards in bunches. I just don't see there being many, if any stops, by the ASU defense. I agree that you have the best offense in the country, but JMU only needs two stops.

gsu6trophies
November 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM

i am suddenly rooting very hard for the terriers

CharlestonAppFan
November 19th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Wofford 42 ASU 31

I don't think it's comical at all to predict that many points for JMU. This will likely be the best offense ASU has faced this season. JMU averages 261 yards per game on the ground and ASU gives up rushing yards in bunches. I just don't see there being many, if any stops, by the ASU defense. I agree that you have the best offense in the country, but JMU only needs two stops.

As opposed to Michigan, Elon, GSU, and Wofford?xeyebrowx GSU, IMO, has a better offense than JMU xnodx and we figured them out in the 2nd half allowing only 3 points (albeit in a losing effort, but it was Armanti's 1st game back)...so as far as you suggesting that App's defense won't have "any stops" is far fetched in my opinion again. I just don't see them scoring that many points and them only allowing us to score just over 30xnonono2x .

Are you from GSU or Furman or The Citadel?xrotatehx xeyebrowx :) I can understand your view point, disliking us then. :D xlolx

Prominentwon
November 19th, 2007, 09:34 AM
We've never sent a team that's 11-0 to the hole. You've gotten our 8-3 and 9-2 teams before.

Hilarious you bring that up......then it's funny to me that you Big Sky homers are all picking EWU based off our 7-5 team last year. xthumbsupx Keep thinking that this is the same team.

Freightliner
November 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
xrulesx Freightliner's Regular Season SLC Record xrulesx
OOC: 24-8
SLC: 23-5
Overall: 47-13

My Playoff Picks
New Hampshire @ #1 UNI

Fordham @ UMass

EWU@#2 McNeese St

JMU@ASU

Wofford @ #3 Montana

EKU@Richmond

OldFootballGuy
November 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
As opposed to Michigan, Elon, GSU, and Wofford?xeyebrowx GSU, IMO, has a better offense than JMU xnodx and we figured them out in the 2nd half allowing only 3 points (albeit in a losing effort, but it was Armanti's 1st game back)...so as far as you suggesting that App's defense won't have "any stops" is far fetched in my opinion again. I just don't see them scoring that many points and them only allowing us to score just over 30xnonono2x .

Are you from GSU or Furman or The Citadel?xrotatehx xeyebrowx :) I can understand your view point, disliking us then. :D xlolx

No, I didn't attend a SoCon school, but I live in the area now. I get to a few games each year. I have nothing but respect for ASU; my opinion that you have no defense has nothing to do with liking you guys. I just don't think you have the defense to win.

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
DSU OVER DELAWARE!!!!!!!!!

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I hope that the UNI team is not taking UNH as lightly as you all are here on this board.

There's a difference between taking lightly and knowing that if UNI plays their game they will win.

The holes in UNH's offensive line and defense are enough reason to pikc against them.

I think UNH is certainly capabale of winning. I just don't think they will IMO.

RazorEdge19
November 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM
No, I didn't attend a SoCon school, but I live in the area now. I get to a few games each year. I have nothing but respect for ASU; my opinion that you have no defense has nothing to do with liking you guys. I just don't think you have the defense to win.

I hate admit it, but I agree with you. I would LOVE to see ASU win and bring additional respect to the SoCon and (if all went well) to meet Wofford in the semi-finals. Problem is, I can't see them getting out of this game. :( I hope they do, though.

Good Luck to all the contenders.

CharlestonAppFan
November 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Fair enough:) and I'll be the first to congratulate you on your prediction should it come true on Saturdayxnodx

Saluki_man
November 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
New Hampshire (7-4) at No. 1 UNI (11-0)- Santos keeps it close in the first half, but UNI pulls away in the second.

Delaware St. (10-1) at Delaware (8-3)- Delaware is not playing well comming into this game, but homefield advantage should be enough to get the win.

Eastern Ill. (8-3) at No. 4 SIU (10-1)- SIU should win this one very easy.

Fordham (8-3) at UMass (9-2)- Fordham keeps it close, but UMass pulls it out at the end.

Eastern Wash. (8-3) at No. 2 McNeese St. (11-0)- The higher the score gets, the better I like EWU to win this. Gotta go with the upset here.

James Madison (8-3) at Appalachian St. (9-2)- This is going to be a great game. ASU's defense has been inconsistant this year. All depends on the health of ASU QB Edwards. If he is healthy ASU wins in a shootout, if not JMU wins.

Wofford (8-3) at No. 3 Montana (11-0)- My second upset here. Wofford comes in prepared and won't be scared of playing in Wa-Griz. Will be a good defensive struggle.

Eastern Ky. (9-2) at Richmond (9-2)-Richmond is on a roll, and EKU is overmatched.

McNeese72
November 19th, 2007, 09:58 AM

My response was to AZGriz fan who said we turn into pussies and lose all our speed and quickness when we come to Missoula. I countered that by saying that the Griz have never won down here either.

As far as your post, McNeese has never sent a 11-0 team to Missoula.

We have played six games in our history with each other. McNeese has never won in Missoula and the Griz have never won in "The Hole".

Doc

CharlestonAppFan
November 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Here's my predictions:

New Hampshire @ #1 UNI - UNI will be tested but #1 teams do what they do in the first round...win. It may not be convincingly but they win nonetheless. Sanders shows why he has been starting for 4 years, with a NC game under his belt....true leadership emerges when it's on the line, especially with his experience. UNH 20 UNI 38

Delaware State @ Delaware - I would have thought this game would be won easily by Delaware, but with their current losing skid, I'm not so sure this will be the game we all think. D State tries to prove they belong, but Cuff takes center stage down the stretch and overpowers a good MEAC team. D State 24 Delware 28

Eastern Illinois @ #4 Southern Illinois - SIU proves why they are the #4 seed and takes it to E. Ill. by overpowering a team that some thought "squeaked" into the playoffs. Next week's match up however.... EIU 13 SIU 30

Fordham @ UMass - UMass has one of the best defenses in the land and this team needs to be watched closely. They have all the experience needed to take it to the house, and shuts down a good Fordham team. Yes, this will be a test...but a test of the first half for UMass. Their depth wears down Fordham...next week will be THE game to watch. Fordham 10 UMass 27

EWU@#2 McNeese St - McNeese's injuries seem to be adding up; do they have the backups to get the job done? Injuries to the skilled positions equals a nailbiter for the Cowboys against a resurgent E. Washington team fired up to prove the BSC is not full of BS. In the end, speed is the key and McNeese has it. EWU 27 McNeese 35

JMU@ASU - Who's defense shows up for this one? ASU has the best offense in the nation when clicking, JMU has one of the best rushing offenses in the nation. ASU's defense gives up points in the first half and not so many in the 2nd half. The true test will be how fast and how many ASU scores to start the game, which takes away JMU's running game. If this happens, ASU wins by double digits...if not, JMU will make a game out of it. JMU 28 ASU 41

Wofford @ #3 Montana - Montana is angry (well at lest AZGrizfan and others on here are) about going undefeated and receiving the #3 seed and no respect. Wofford is motivated because they won the AQ and have to travel across country. The triple option is hard to defend..period. Montana's defense is one of the best in the country...period. Montana's stadium is one of the hardest for opposing teams to play in...period. Very tough game for both teams...Wofford will score and run time off the clock; can Montana capitalize with their time of possession? Wofford 20 Montana 21

EKU@Richmond - Richmond is the hottest team right now going into the playoffs and accepts the challenge before them. EKU wants to put the OVC on the map. However, Richmond is battle tested due to the tough CAA schedule and overpowers EKU in the end. EKU 14 Richmond 31

Cincy App
November 19th, 2007, 10:27 AM
It isn't a rule. And I love how CAA teams are the ones using this as the excuse now. Used to be that non-scholarship teams counted jsut like a D-II team does (ie IONA).

West Georgia and WV Wesleyan both offer 35 scholarships more than Iona's 0. Winston-Salem State and Presbyterian offer 50 more.

Excellent point. And hey - I'm actually agreeing with GoPhoenix!

It's ridiculous that non-scholarship FCS teams like Iona count in the 7-game guidelines. UNH gets credit for beating the powerful Iona team that ranks #376 in the Massey Ratings. That's even below the 2-9 West Georgia team that GSU beat.

The last team in should have been Norfolk State or a third team from the SoCon or Gateway. After all, most conferences do not square off against each other until the playoffs anyhow.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Second round games:

Delaware at UNI
UMass at SIU

ASU at McNeese
Richmond at Montana

xeyebrowx I just picked all four seeds to win. It happened last year, but...

TRIVIA QUESTION... prior to last year, when was the last time the top 4 seeds all won in the first round?

PurpleandGold
November 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
It's ridiculous that non-scholarship FCS teams like Iona count in the 7-game guidelines. UNH gets credit for beating the powerful Iona team that ranks #376 in the Massey Ratings. That's even below the 2-9 West Georgia team that GSU beat.

Why focus just on UNH's weakest opponent? Not saying they definitely should have been in, but in addition to Iona, they did play Marshall, UD, JMU, UR, UMASS, and Hofstra. That's no walk in the park.

UNHFootballAlum
November 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM

Sounds like you have a beef with the committee and how they determine eligibility and not with the CAA or me. The committee counts Iona as a D1school. We play the schedule that is within the "Guidelines" as they are determined by the committee. Play a schedule that will get you 7 D1 wins and you will have no argument from me that you should be in the playoffs

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Excellent point. And hey - I'm actually agreeing with GoPhoenix!

The last team in should have been Norfolk State or a third team from the SoCon or Gateway. After all, most conferences do not square off against each other until the playoffs anyhow.

Perhaps your AD should keep that mind while scheduling teams.xsmiley_wix

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
All these folks ready to make fools of themselves, I might as well join in.

UNI 42 UNH 21
UD 45 DSU 28

SIU 38 EIU 10
UMass 38 Fordham 14

McNeese 34 EWU 31
JMU 38 ASU 35

Wofford 26 Montana 21
Richmond 35 EKU 21

URMite
November 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM

The interesting part is in determining the CAA Champ last year NEC/PFL/MAAC counted as .5 wins. This year NEC counts as 1 win, PFL/MAAC doesn't count at all.

vaughtdj
November 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
UNH v. UNI- UNH is team that is inconsistent but can really get on a hot streak esp with the passing game. I think they will come to this game swingin and passing all over the place. UNI gets caught off guard in a shootout. UNH 42 UNI 38

Del St. v. Delaware- Del St looks good, but they also play in the perpetually weak MEAC. Del came close to winning the entire CAA, the strongest of all conferences. Del shows its might on both sides of the ball Del St. 21 Del 38

EIU v. SIU- Don't know much about these two teams but I do know that the Salukis play well at home. EIU 17 SUI 31

Fordham at Mass- Mass is playing like a mad man after losing to URI. Again they show their balance in the playoffs. Fordham 10 Mass 28

E Wash v. McNeese- E Wash has the bad luck of traveling across the county to one of the toughest places to play. Still, McNeese shows they are vulnarable. E Wash 17 McNeese 21

JMU v. App St- JMU seems one dimensional from the stat lines, but in truth, they run so much because they dont really need to pass that often. App St. is notorious for its terrible run defense. The JMU defense, on the other hand is very good at stopping the run (they held their last opponent to O yds!). Some might say that playing in Boone will be the difference but I think that the facts that JMU played there only last year and that Kidd Brewer no longer has its huge win streak going, will make the Dukes not so intimidated. JMU 31 App St. 24

Wofford vs. Montana- Like E Wash, Wofford was also unlucky and will have to prove itself in a very inhospitable environment. Also like E Wash, Wofford will expose their as a pretender in a very weak confernece. E wash may not win their game, but Wofford has the offensive prowess to beat Montana in a shocker. Wofford 24 Montana 17

E Kent v. Richmond- Richmond is riding on an incrdible hot streak after taking down both JMU and Delaware. They continue to roll with a big game from the nations best running duo: Hightower and Vaughan. EIU 10 Richmond 35

HensRock
November 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think most likely upset is WC over UM

Cincy App
November 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Why focus just on UNH's weakest opponent? Not saying they definitely should have been in, but in addition to Iona, they did play Marshall, UD, JMU, UR, UMASS, and Hofstra. That's no walk in the park.

The issue is that the win over a hapless Iona team counted towards the 7-win guideline. Several bubble teams played solid schedules - never said that UNH didn't. There also are many hapless non-scholarship teams in the Northeast to get a qualifying win. Much of the rest of the nation does not have that luxury - particularly out west.

HensRock
November 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Predicted outcomes by Born Power Index (BPI) and Sagarin Predictor (SAG) :

GAME BPI SAG
UNH @ UNI UNI by 17 UNI by 16
DSU @ UD UD by 22 UD by 23
EIU @ SIU SIU by 24 SIU by 26
FU @ UMass UMass by 31 UMass by 21
EWU @ MSU MSU by 6 MSU by 7
JMU @ ASU ASU by 9 ASU by 9
WC @ UM UM by 1 WC by 1
EKU @ UR UR by 15 UR by 17

Black Saturday
November 19th, 2007, 12:37 PM

That is called Ayers ball. I wonder if Wofford will punt 3 times in the game?

JDC325
November 19th, 2007, 12:56 PM
UNI WAY over UNH KARMA
UD WAY WAY over DSU It is the MEAC and UD does not dare....
SIU EIU Coin flip
UMass WELL OVER Fordham Makes you want to reexamine auto bids
McNeese WAY OVER EWU BIG FLUFF EXPOSED
ASU over JMU Not at the Rock
Wofford OVER Montana The option haunts the GRIZ again.
Richmond EKU COIN FLIP

RE/MAXGriz
November 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM

The last time the option "haunted" us was 7 years ago.

terrierbob
November 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Terriers thrive in an underdog role.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Heh, 13 pages in and we finally have someone else predicting UNH to win. I can't blame people for picking against them, but it's about 90-2 right now.

JDC325
November 19th, 2007, 01:50 PM
The last time the option "haunted" us was 7 years ago.

I was there!!! ...and is'nt that the last time you faced it?

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Hilarious you bring that up......then it's funny to me that you Big Sky homers are all picking EWU based off our 7-5 team last year. xthumbsupx Keep thinking that this is the same team.

My picking of EWU has nothing to do with last year's MSU team. xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
November 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM
UNI
Delaware
Southern Illinois
UMASS
McNeesse
App
Montana (I've gone back and forth on this, but if they've won 11 games, they must be doing SOMETHING right in the Big Sky.)
Richmond
--------

I see the second round being the round of upsets this year...

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 02:15 PM
If anyone played EWU, please tell me what their defense is like up-close. I've heard the stats, and I'm not too impressed.

WMTribe90
November 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) I would love to pick a UNH upset here with Santos makig one last playoff run, but UNI has been consistent all year and has no glaring flaws. The Dome is a nice homefield advantage. UNH scores enough to keep it interesting, but their defense comes up a few stops short of an upset. UNI 34 UNH 24

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) I think the 2004 and 2005 Hampton squads, that came close to first round wins, were stronger than this DSU squad. DSU is not as battle tested as UD, has zero playoff experience (coaches and players), and has to play on the road. I think it all adds up to a UD win. UD 38 DSU 20

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) Don't know too much about EIU, but an 8-3 at-large from the OVC on the road against a seed from the GFC? SIU 31 EIU 17

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) This looks like themost lopsided match-up of the first round. Most years the PL puts a scare into somebody the first round or pulls an upset. The PL was below par and Fordham lost to Bucknell on Saturday. Only thing that keeps it relatively close is UMass's propensity for mistakes/penalties and the way they played down to the level of competition most of the year. UMass 30 Fordham 14

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) Not sure what to make of the Cowboys, but I think the win out in a close one at home against the Big Fluffy at-large. MSU 24 EWU 21

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) Toughest call of the first round and potentially the best game. Even with getting some receivers back from injury, I don't trust JMU's ability to consistently pass the ball on the Mountaineers. So, its pretty simple IMO. If the Mountaineers shut down Landers running they probably win and if not they probably lose. Second tough road loss in two years for JMU. ASU 27 JMU 24

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) Upset special. Wofford 24 Montana 23

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) Nt sure if Richmond can win it all, but they make it out of the first round behind a strong running game. UR 31 EKU 24

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Haha!

Based on the opinions I've seen over the past 13 pages, I'd hardly call you the underdog. xlolx

Squealofthepig
November 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Waddaya mean? Based on AGS posts, I'd say the Griz are probably about 3:2 underdogs now. :p

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Waddaya mean? Based on AGS posts, I'd say the Griz are probably about 3:2 underdogs now. :p

I don't get it either; I used to buy into the SOS stuff, but still 11-0 is amazing. I don't think Wofford will win especially if they're playing Montana@Montana. xconfusedx

Now, if Montana is bad against the option and if Wofford runs the option, that is one of the only ways Wofford will win.

GreatAppSt
November 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
UNH v. UNI- UNH is team that is inconsistent but can really get on a hot streak esp with the passing game. I think they will come to this game swingin and passing all over the place. UNI gets caught off guard in a shootout. UNH 42 UNI 38

Del St. v. Delaware- Del St looks good, but they also play in the perpetually weak MEAC. Del came close to winning the entire CAA, the strongest of all conferences. Del shows its might on both sides of the ball Del St. 21 Del 38

Fordham at Mass- Mass is playing like a mad man after losing to URI. Again they show their balance in the playoffs. Fordham 10 Mass 28

JMU v. App St- JMU seems one dimensional from the stat lines, but in truth, they run so much because they dont really need to pass that often. App St. is notorious for its terrible run defense. The JMU defense, on the other hand is very good at stopping the run (they held their last opponent to O yds!). Some might say that playing in Boone will be the difference but I think that the facts that JMU played there only last year and that Kidd Brewer no longer has its huge win streak going, will make the Dukes not so intimidated. JMU 31 App St. 24

E Kent v. Richmond- Richmond is riding on an incrdible hot streak after taking down both JMU and Delaware. They continue to roll with a big game from the nations best running duo: Hightower and Vaughan. EIU 10 Richmond 35

CAA 5-0xdohx Homer alert I'll give the three At home Patsy gifts .;)

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I'll predict the seeded teams again:

UNH @ #1 UNI - UNH has a very good QB in Santos, but UNI went 11-0 in good compitition. UNH may give UNI a small scare and a small wakeup call that teams are here to play, but still a small one only because of Santos.
I'll stick with UNI at the UNI-Dome by 14.

EIU @ #4 SIU - The Salukis are the least talked about team that is seeded, and they are dangerous if they only lost to UNI by 6 points. They are even more dangerous if they could have won at the UNI-Dome.
No question SIU by 17.

EWU @ #2 McNeese - The Eags have a slightly above average D (based off of what I've been told). Their defense is built around speed like ours. We both have a 4-2-5 defense, too. They also have a great rush DE. We have one in Bryan Smith, too. Our defense is pretty good as a whole, too. EWU has a phenomenal offense, but our offense is not that bad either. We have a few good RB's in Kris Bush and Toddrick Penland (If he plays, I think he's hurt, but we have other RB's); a couple of good QB's in the scrambling Derrick Fourroux and the accurate Mark Fontenot; a few great WR's in Carlese Franklin, Quentin Lawrence, and Immanuel Friddle; and this is all behind a not that bad O-line.
Defense will be the key in a fairly high-scoring game. We have a better D in my mind, so I will pick the team that may be a tad stronger and at least as fast as the opponent.
I pick McNeese by 10.

Wofford @ #3 Montana - SOS has been bothering UM, so they will have chip on their shoulder like McNeese. I heard Montana play Montana St., and Montana was being Montana. The only way Wofford will win is if Montana can't defend the option and if Wofford runs it.
Now, this game can have an upset. It will either be Wofford by 17 or Montana by 7 or 10.
I'll stick with Montana by 7.

EIUsuperfan
November 19th, 2007, 04:56 PM
**My first big post, be gentle**

New Hampshire (7-4) @ #1 UNI (11-0) - The dome is too much and Santos throws two INTs against a tough UNI defense and one Panther team wins in the playoffs... 35-14 UNI

Delaware State (10-1) @ Delaware (8-3) - Good in state game much like EIU and SIU will be...but I love YoUDee...21-10 Delaware

Eastern Illinois (8-3) @ #4 Southern Illinois (10-1) - EIU and the OVC earn some respect...wait I know what your thinking...HOMER...No...As much as I would love for it to happen it doesn't...Ademola Adeniji has a big day for the Panthers but SIU is too much...(EIU earns respect for keeping it closer than what most think)... 21-17 SIU

Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) - Fordham's defense giving up 411 yds/gm UMass has a big day in the air... 24-10 UMass

EWU (8-3) @ #2 McNeese St (11-0) - McNeese drops 40... 40-21 McNeese

JMU (8-3) @ ASU (9-2) - Gonna be close. I think JMU pulls it off... 24-20 JMU

Wofford (8-3) @ #3 Montana (11-0) - Too far to go for Wofford, half the offensive line is still flying and Wofford can't run...which means they have no offense...30-10 Montana

EKU (9-2) @ Richmond (9-2) - Both teams try to establish the run early. EKU's defense comes through and stops Richmond's 12th ranked rushing attack and goes to the air...EKU shows why they lead the nation in interceptions... 24-16 EKU

Screamin_Eagle174
November 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
McNeese WAY OVER EWU BIG FLUFF EXPOSED

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I hope you like crow! xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

eagle1
November 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Here is my first round picks:

UNI vs UNH - UNI
UD vs DSU - UD
SIU vs EIU - SIU
UMASS vs Fordham - UMASS
McNeese vs EWU - EWU (I have to go with the Eags in this one but it will be close)
App St. vs JMU - JMU
UM vs Wofford - UM
UR vs EKU - UR

My upsets are my Eags and the Dukes. Go Eagles!!!

JTCowboy
November 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I hope you like crow! xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

Should be no problem. We can add the crow to the eagle ( Screaming because the Roux is so hot) gumbo we are cooking up down here.xsmiley_wix

bjtheflamesfan
November 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
UNI vs UNH -I gotta go with the #1 overall here 49-35
UD vs DSU - This is the game everybody has wanted for a long time. the teams have been going in opposite directions the last few weeks but I think the Blue Hens right the ship and a rivalry is born 48-42
SIU vs EIU - Its cats vs dogs...dogs rule SIU 42-7
UMASS vs Fordham - UMass isn't overlooking FOrdham...UMA 28-10
McNeese vs EWU - Cowboys can score alot...Eagles have a good defense...somethings gotta give...so itll be the defense MSU 31-17
App St. vs JMU - Hard to call this one an upset but the Mountaineers are the defending champs JMU 27-20
UM vs Wofford - Winning is Washington-Grizzly is pretty much impossible...and I am guessing the Griz have not forgotten the last time they hosted a playoff game there UM 38-27
UR vs EKU - Both teams are capable of putting points on the board. I was born in Richmond so hopefully the spiders can carry the day in this one UR 38-31

Col Hogan
November 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Fordham (8-3) @ UMass (9-2) This looks like themost lopsided match-up of the first round. Most years the PL puts a scare into somebody the first round or pulls an upset. The PL was below par and Fordham lost to Bucknell on Saturday. Only thing that keeps it relatively close is UMass's propensity for mistakes/penalties and the way they played down to the level of competition most of the year. UMass 30 Fordham 14

I am pretty sure UMass will not look past Fordham...because they respect the Rams coach and know how he will prepare his team.

Three of the seniors were red-shirts the last year Coach Masella was on the UMass staff...he's respected, and those players (Jason Hatchell was one of them...he'll keep the team focused)

Having said that, I think it will end up a UMass win, but not the size some have predicted...

UMass 24 Fordham 17

TheValleyRaider
November 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
New Hampshire at Northern Iowa Northern Iowa Two great FCS quarterbacks, one of them is going to see his career end Saturday. Sanders has been overshadowed a bit by Santos over his career, but does own the 1-0 advantage in games played. Wildcats won't roll over for anyone, but the Panthers are the real deal this year, and move on looking for more

Delaware State at Delaware Delaware The rivalry that never was gets off to an excitable, but ultimately predictable, start. Blue Hens can score with the best of them, and while they've been slowed up recently, the Hornets can't afford to fall behind in this one the way they have been. A poor start dooms DSU in the end

Eastern Illinois at Southern Illinois Southern Illinois Looking at the 1st Round games, this is the one that struck me as most likely to be a blowout. Nothing against EIU necessarily, but Southern Illinois has been rolling this year, the only loss a tight one to the #1 team in the country. Perhaps they overlook the Panthers a bit, but I doubt it. Salukis begin to state their case for a Title strong

Fordham at Massachusetts Fordham Yeah, I'm a Patriot League homer, so what? Both teams have strong offenses, and coaches familiar with one another. The Rams aren't going to back down in this game, and the Minutemen (who struggled at times with PLers HC and Colgate) find themselves outlasted in the end

Eastern Washington at McNeese State McNeese State Two teams which, admittedly, little is known about. Lots of questions here, but undefeated is impressive, especially in a conference as competitive as the Southland is. Eagles are no slouch themselves, but won't have enough answers for the Pokes down in the Hole

James Madison at Appalachian State Appalachian State Great matchup, and there's even recent history to boot. Not a lot to separate the teams, so I've got to think homefield plays the biggest role. I wouldn't be surprised if the margin is a bit wider than the game should indicate, but it should be a good game for both sides and the rest of the country to watch

Wofford at Montana Montana Very interesting game. SoCon champs visit the Big Sky's best. The Terriers option-based attack could easily give the Griz some fits, especially since they haven't seen it recently. Is Wa-Griz the difference here? Maybe, or at least, I think it is this time. Grizzlies get ready for a Chattanooga run with a tough home victory

Eastern Kentucky at Richmond Richmond Spiders just might be the best team from a very tough CAA. Eastern Kentucky, after a decade in the proverbial wilderness, is back in the playoffs. Home field won't make a big difference as Richmond doesn't usually attract a good crowd. Heck, EKU isn't that far away, they might have the bigger number of fans. Still, UR is one of my darkhorses to play deep into December

Realizing that I took mostly favorites, here's some I would look at to be upsets (from my picks anyway)
Eastern Washington
Wofford
James Madison
UMass :D

Fresno St. Alum
November 24th, 2007, 06:48 PM
N.Iowa over UHN
Delaware over Delaware St.
UMass over Fordham
SIU over EIU
Wofford over Montana(I had to pick 1 upset)
Richmond over EKU
App St. over JMU
McNeese St. over EWU

I called it, congrats dungeonjoe on the big playoff win !

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:29 PM

EWU @ The Rock
Richmond @ Wa/Griz

You know, I went 7/8, but missed the one that mattered most. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Saluki_man
November 24th, 2007, 11:16 PM
New Hampshire (7-4) at No. 1 UNI (11-0)- Santos keeps it close in the first half, but UNI pulls away in the second.

Delaware St. (10-1) at Delaware (8-3)- Delaware is not playing well comming into this game, but homefield advantage should be enough to get the win.

Eastern Ill. (8-3) at No. 4 SIU (10-1)- SIU should win this one very easy.

Fordham (8-3) at UMass (9-2)- Fordham keeps it close, but UMass pulls it out at the end.

Eastern Wash. (8-3) at No. 2 McNeese St. (11-0)- The higher the score gets, the better I like EWU to win this. Gotta go with the upset here.

James Madison (8-3) at Appalachian St. (9-2)- This is going to be a great game. ASU's defense has been inconsistant this year. All depends on the health of ASU QB Edwards. If he is healthy ASU wins in a shootout, if not JMU wins.

Wofford (8-3) at No. 3 Montana (11-0)- My second upset here. Wofford comes in prepared and won't be scared of playing in Wa-Griz. Will be a good defensive struggle.

Eastern Ky. (9-2) at Richmond (9-2)-Richmond is on a roll, and EKU is overmatched.

WOW, 8 for 8. And almost a correct prognostication on all the games, was wrong on how the DSU/UD was going to go, but you can't be right all the time.

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM
WOW, 8 for 8. And almost a correct prognostication on all the games, was wrong on how the DSU/UD was going to go, but you can't be right all the time.
It might be a good week for you to play the lottery.
xthumbsupx