PDA

View Full Version : Let the playoffs begin

GSU Eagle
November 18th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Looking at the 16 teams there can't be too much argument this year. It seems every year teams in the last 2 weeks of the season either play their way in or out.

The committee made several things clear today:
1. It really doesn't matter how many teams from any particular conference get it. 5 from the CAA is alot but it is hard to dispute who got in (I would have put Villanova in instead of New Hampshire, but still that is 5 CAA teams)
2. It is very difficult for 2 MEAC teams to get in, regardless of records. I did not have Norfolk St. in but I could see how the committee could have included them and not taken a 4 loss at-large team.
3. It seems the SoCon teams outside of Appalachian get screwed as far as home games go. Last year it was Furman sent to Montana St. This year it is Wofford (The SoCon champ) sent out to Montana.
4. Reading some comments from committee members I really believe the more knowledgeable posters on AGS know more about the teams and their relative strength than the committee does.

I would like to see the committee changed at least in this way: Every major conference should have 1 member on the committee.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I think the knowledgeable posters on AGS know a lot more than the committee members, media, and maybe even some coaches.

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I agree that it is crazy that two straight years a socon team has had to go to that God forsaken state in the first round

mrklean
November 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Iam MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I agree that it is crazy that two straight years a socon team has had to go to that God forsaken state in the first round

By God Forsaken you mean God's land, Right?

http://donkeyod.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/near-iceberg-lake-glacier-national-park-montana.jpg

tdoggs22
November 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
yeh, god's land... but if it's god land, why does no one want to live there??? Just playin- i would love to lbe able to make the trip to montana. It is going to be a unbelieveable atmosphere!! Hopefully the game lives up to the excitement.

UDChE89
November 18th, 2007, 08:34 PM
It's a truly beautiful state. I spent a night in Missoula several years ago while moving someone across country. Now I'd like to go out there for a game...

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
ok i have been there... yellowstone visit stayed in montana... and yes it is beautiful... when i said God forsaken I meant having to play the football teams up there not the land which IS God's LAND

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I think UNH was a bit of a stretch for the committee to put in, I think they (being the last team in) should have traveled cross country to Montana as opposed to Wofford.

ButlerGSU
November 18th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I think UNH was a bit of a stretch for the committee to put in, I think they (being the last team in) should have traveled cross country to Montana as opposed to Wofford.

This is no jab at App but how the heck they got a home game over SoCon #1 Wofford I'll never know. The committee wants to spoon yall more than Coulson does.

james_lawfirm
November 18th, 2007, 08:52 PM
This is no jab at App but how the heck they got a home game over SoCon #1 Wofford I'll never know. The committee wants to spoon yall more than Coulson does.

It has something to do with attendance & $$, but I bet you knew that.

1STDNMT
November 18th, 2007, 09:31 PM
It has something to do with attendance & $$, but I bet you knew that.

I didn't think $$ had any bearing on who was sent to the seeded teams. I thought the $$ came into play when selecting the home teams for the rest of the games.

UMass922
November 19th, 2007, 01:01 AM

Agreed. I would have sent UNH to Montana, EKU to UNI (or maybe EIU to UNI and EKU to SIU), and Wofford to Richmond (or Richmond to Wofford).

AppGirl
November 19th, 2007, 05:37 AM

Simple, we put in a higher bid. We had the highest average attendance in FCS and the highest TOTAL attendance in FCS. We had more through our gates at the Rock in 6 games than Montana had through their gates at Wa-Griz.
I agree that Wofford shouldn't have to travel to Montana, but that's how we got the home game.

ASUMountaineer
November 19th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Well, we were also SoCon #1, despite Wofford getting the AQ. Forget money and attendance. We have a better record, higher SOS, and higher ranking. In all honesty ASU was the #5 seed. If Wofford had gone 9-2, they would probably have had a home game.

But, of course, I'm sure it came down to the money. They really need to seed, at least, the top 8.

Saint3333
November 19th, 2007, 09:32 PM

You can't stand us can you.

A 9-2 ASU has a better resume than an 8-3 Wofford. If we were 8-3 you may have a point...

Besides home games are determined by the bids, of which ASU submitted the highest of the 12 non-seeded teams, so it's not too hard to understand.