PDA

View Full Version : revamped postseason idea!

Boogs
November 18th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'd like to see the NCAA mandate an eight game regular season, with all 122 teams in the playoff.

We'd have 8 weeks of regular season play followed by 7 rounds of single elimination play. Anyone that is defeated in the first two rounds of the tournament plays a fellow school that was also eliminated in the tournament (consolation games) so everyone plays at least an 11 game season -- 8 regular season games + 3 playoff/consolation matchups.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I'd like to see the NCAA mandate an eight game regular season, with all 122 teams in the playoff.

We'd have 8 weeks of regular season play followed by 7 rounds of single elimination play. Anyone that is defeated in the first two rounds of the tournament plays a fellow school that was also eliminated in the tournament (consolation games) so everyone plays at least an 11 game season -- 8 regular season games + 3 playoff/consolation matchups.

Only something like this could come from a fan of a mid major.

bcrawf
November 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
An idea as bad as the rankings you put out...

Boogs
Only something like this could come from a fan of a mid major.

It has the flair of a NCAA basketball tournament!

Tim James
Dayton fans have lost their minds.

UNCBears2010
November 18th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Agreed.

Eyes of Old Main
November 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
It has the flair of a NCAA basketball tournament!

So does the current system, except only the good teams get to participate unlike your idea which means someone has to waste a short week preparing for Savannah State. Expanding the current system is one thing, changing it to something like that is ridiculous.

BlueHen86
November 18th, 2007, 06:47 PM

xconfusedx xnutsx

Boogs, the gift that keeps on giving.xlolx xlolx xlolx

URMite
November 18th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'm just glad he changed his avatar.:D

No offense but your ideas are far enough outside the box that I'm not sure I want to claim them as ours.

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Guys, I know we all (myself included) think Boogs's rankings are crazy, but I think his tongue is planted firmly in his cheek on this one . . .

Maverick
November 18th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Actually with Boogs (after seeing his rankings) what he has firmly planted is not his tongue and where he has it planted is not in his cheek!!:D :D :D :D

You see after reading many of Boogs earlier posts, the only explanation for them would be based on what he has planted and where he has it planted. xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

McTailGator
November 18th, 2007, 07:44 PM

xblahblahx xviolinx

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I'm just glad he changed his avatar.:D

No offense but your ideas are far enough outside the box that I'm not sure I want to claim them as ours.

You should have kept your mouth shut!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

His posts are bad enough that most assume he really is a Dayton fan. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx