PDA

View Full Version : Montana has chance to shut everyone up

kardplayer
November 18th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Round 1: Wofford (SoCon champ)
Round 2: Richmond (CAA)
Round 3: McNeese (Southland champ at McNeese)
Round 4: Northern Iowa (Gateway champ)

Four weeks, four conferences.

Anything less than a title will give someone bragging rights...

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I doubt it.

JMUSaxMRD
November 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
4 rounds is assuming an awful lot. I think it will just prove what everyone has been saying all season.

Col Hogan
November 18th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Round 2: Richmond (CAA co-Champ)

Two weeks, One win.

I think this will be more like it.....:D

Tod
November 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM

That's a tough schedule, that's the problem. No cupcake anywhere. The first round opponent may be the second toughest there!

No excuses, just my two cents.

I don't think McNeese makes it to the semi's, though. Certainly they have a good chance of doing it.

th0m
November 18th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well us CAA folk could still say they didn't beat the CAA AQ team enroute to an NC ;)

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Tom Luginbill on ESPNU picked Montana to win it all. He played at EKU so he does know and follow the FCS.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Tom Luginbill on ESPNU picked Montana to win it all. He played at EKU so he does know and follow the FCS.

xlolx Yep. that should cinch it for the Griz xeyebrowx

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM

UNI has a possibility of playing SIU in the Semi's, so it could be SIU instead. But anything can happen along the way. xoopsx

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM
It'll be pretty impressive if we can make it through that brutal line up, and it'll shut a lot of people up. Still a HUGE if, though.

bobbythekidd
November 18th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I think this will be more like it.....:D

This is more like it. 15 straight playoff appearances is still nothing to sneeze at.xthumbsupx

APPST '93
November 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM

That guy was a tool. He didn't do any of the teams justice.

terrierbob
November 18th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Both Wofford and MT seem to go into this game with chips on their shoulders. I hope they overlook us and I hope they're overconfident.

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Anything less than a title will give someone bragging rights...I don't think McNeese gets past ASU, assuming both teams win in the first round. I'd actually much rather make a statement by beating Wofford, then Richmond, then ASU, and then UNI. However, beating McNeese would feel just as good. :p

OldTiredGriz
November 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I'm a one game at a time guy....I'm sure that the only team on Montana's mind (the coaches, players, etc.) is Wofford. And I'd guess that every other team in the playoffs is looking only at their upcoming opponent. I think it's going to be a good one this Saturday at WA/GRIZ.

placidlakegriz
November 18th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Both Wofford and MT seem to go into this game with chips on their shoulders. I hope they overlook us and I hope they're overconfident.

Won't overlook and won't be overconfident!

putter
November 18th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Montana has a chance to shut everyone up! Tell me another story..xlolx Montana is in a no win situation with every poster on this board because of their perceived fluff schedule. The Griz could beat Wofford and then lose to, say, Richmond and you would bash the Griz. The Griz could win their first 2 games and then lose in the Semi's and you would bash the Griz. The Griz have to win it all to shup you all up....and even then it probably won't happen.

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Montana has a chance to shut everyone up! Tell me another story..xlolx Montana is in a no win situation with every poster on this board because of their perceived fluff schedule. The Griz could beat Wofford and then lose to, say, Richmond and you would bash the Griz. The Griz could win their first 2 games and then lose in the Semi's and you would bash the Griz. The Griz have to win it all to shup you all up....and even then it probably won't happen.

You're right...if we win it all, it'll be because we were so well rested from our creampuff schedule.

tdoggs22
November 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
please dont lay on your blanket of sympathy!! That stuff gets old and annoying. Who on your schedule do you take pride in beating??

griz8791
November 18th, 2007, 06:42 PM
please dont lay on your blanket of sympathy!! That stuff gets old and annoying.

Do you have any idea how ironic this is? Seriously.

Eyes of Old Main
November 18th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Yeah, the same guy that asked the question, "Will Wofford and Richmond make it into the field from the bubble?", when both have autobids. I wouldn't say he's a follower of FCS just because he went to EKU. I also like how he said that Montana's chances were tied to their playing at home. Based off their seeding, they are only assured two home games, so he should have had some other reasons for picking them. Maybe Luginbill's a UNI hater?

ncman071
November 18th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Montana loses by the second round....Wofford will be no cakewalk

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Montana has chance to shut everyone up

They have an equal chance of everyone piling on as well.xthumbsupx

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
McNeese won't make it to third round. I highly doubt them getting past EWU to tell ya the truth. I am excited to see Wofford. I hope the griz get a gameplan that will be stellar in any case. Hauck always has some surprises up his sleeves.

Griz0383
November 18th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Montana is a strong physicall team that has size, speed and experience. The Griz are beatable but when you step on the field with Montana the A game is required. Umass came in and left with a 2 point win but that game was a dog fight and both teams were worn out in the end. I have much respect for Umass. Wofford is a great team and our fans will be ready to get after them xbowx when they hit the field. The smallest crowed of the season will be one of the loudest crowds wofford will hear this year! Welcome to Montana Wofford fans where the beer flows like wine!xthumbsupx

WyomingGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
First Round FCS Play-offs: definitely have to play Wofford;

Second Round FCS Play-offs: either Richmond or Eastern Kentucky;

Third Round FCS Play-offs: either Appalachian State., James Madison, McNeese State or EWU.

I don't predict who is going to beat who. This is the FCS Play-offs, you don't get there unless you earned it. Plain and Simple. One game at a time, sit back and enjoy.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:33 PM
please dont lay on your blanket of sympathy!! That stuff gets old and annoying. Who on your schedule do you take pride in beating??

Everybody but Fort Lewis. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Everyone has a chance to shut people up, that is the beauty of the FCS playoffs. Heck, Delaware even has a chance to shut up their own dissenting fans. :p

APPSTER
November 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Why do you guys keep defending your schedule? It is lame and you know it. Your team is very good. Your schedule, however, isn't. If you win the whole thing, nobody is going to be surprised. We rag on your schedule because "elite" FCS teams should play a tough schedule. Montana does not. Period.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM

maybe Southern Utah too. xnodx xnodx xrotatehx

GtFllsGriz
November 18th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, even some Montana fans. Now we see what BH really had up his sleeve. They showed me a lot yesterday. This will be interesting.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Montana won the same 11 games as everyone else. Nothing matters now except the next 4 weeks. Good luck to everyone.

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, even some Montana fans. Now we see what BH really had up his sleeve. They showed me a lot yesterday. This will be interesting.

I agree, Greatfalls. I saw 8-10 plays that I haven't seen all year. There was a LOT more ingenuity in the playcalling, etc. I was much happier with Phenice yesterday than I've been all year... xnodx xnodx xnodx

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I agree, Greatfalls. I saw 8-10 plays that I haven't seen all year. There was a LOT more ingenuity in the playcalling, etc. I was much happier with Phenice yesterday than I've been all year... xnodx xnodx xnodx

I swear. The Phenice waits until playoffs for the barn burners to begin. He'll have a few tricks up his sleeve. that is for sure.

SeattleGriz
November 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Why do you guys keep defending your schedule? It is lame and you know it. Your team is very good. Your schedule, however, isn't. If you win the whole thing, nobody is going to be surprised. We rag on your schedule because "elite" FCS teams should play a tough schedule. Montana does not. Period.

Something that doesn't get talked about is injuries, in relation to OOC scheduling. Hauck has said the whole goal of OOC was to get through it without getting injured. When we went to Oregon in 2005, we had guys banged up the rest of the year and it really took its toll. Although not stellar, the current OOC schedule has allowed the Griz to stay relatively healthy. There are a lot of teams out there with the walking wounded playing.

I am very happy we didn't get beat up playing two games on Astroturf (N Arizona and Idaho State) close to the end of our season.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 08:03 PM
McNeese won't make it to third round. I highly doubt them getting past EWU to tell ya the truth. I am excited to see Wofford. I hope the griz get a gameplan that will be stellar in any case. Hauck always has some surprises up his sleeves.

Be careful EWU is good, but this may be one of the best McNeese teams, and do you realize that not many BSC teams win in "The Hole?" We can beat EWU. It may be close, but we can do it. App. St. has to come here, too, so that gives us an edge. If we can't get by App. St. by that much, you can't either unless it snows because we had about just as strong of a schedule as Montana. We have a tough bracket, but we can take just about anything thrown at us like Montana can. Besides, no one has seen anyone play every down like in the FBS. I think we can take any team, but I'm biased to my school like everyone else, and remember this is the playoffs. Any Given Saturday.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Something that doesn't get talked about is injuries, in relation to OOC scheduling. Hauck has said the whole goal of OOC was to get through it without getting injured. When we went to Oregon in 2005, we had guys banged up the rest of the year and it really took its toll. Although not stellar, the current OOC schedule has allowed the Griz to stay relatively healthy. There are a lot of teams out there with the walking wounded playing.

I am very happy we didn't get beat up playing two games on Astroturf (N Arizona and Idaho State) close to the end of our season.

minus Bagley. He was major to the offense.

tdoggs22
November 18th, 2007, 08:40 PM
i understand that Montana beat everyone on their schedule, and they deserve Kudos for that. But the reason for the skepticism is the schedule. Behind close doors in front of a mirror, can Grizz fans honestly say they played a TOUGH schedule????

AZGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 08:47 PM
i understand that Montana beat everyone on their schedule, and they deserve Kudos for that. But the reason for the skepticism is the schedule. Behind close doors in front of a mirror, can Grizz fans honestly say they played a TOUGH schedule????

Aside from Fort Lewis---yes. We didn't play an FBS team, and I would prefer that to a D-II school (since a victory over one would count towards playoff eligibility), but you take what you can get. BSC schools are no pushovers (well, except for UNC this year)...McNeese will find that out in the playoffs... xnodx

WyomingGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
[COLOR="Navy"] this may be one of the best McNeese teams, and do you realize that not many BSC teams win in "The Hole?"

I seem to recall a BSC team coming to Lake Charles 29 November 2003 when McNeese State was the Number One Seed that year. I suppose there was a lot of talk that year as well about how..."great, mighty and powerful we all is"...and all that as well.

What was it? NAU 35 - 3?...whatever...some people talk as if at some point in time a member of their conference had actually, really, absolutely ever, ever won the National Championship; subsequently acquiring their humble 'braggin' rights' over all the lesser brethren that are about that just happen to show up every once in a while for a football game.

Granted, its been a while, but, from the Big Sky Conference there as been:

2001 - Montana
1995 - Montana
1984 - Montana State
1981 - Idaho State
1980 - Boise State

Southland Conference = 0

...and it still amazes me that with that background, that some people go around huffing and puffing and pounding their chest over how great they are.."this the best team that we have ever had,"...etc., etc., etc. Well, better than nothing accomplished still = nothing.

You talk like someone going around in the stands on game day slapping everyone in the back of their heads with your dick citing..."your in the 'Hole' now, dude"...yuk, yuk, yuk.

"I am?"

"Well,..whoopee!!!"

P.S.-Evidently, I haven't been too impressed as of yet either.

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I disagree with you guys about the playcalling. I don't think it was that the coaches were opening the playbooks up more but that Cole was calmer than usual. He let the play pan out and stepped up in the pocket -- DIDN'T PANIC when it collapsed, and scanned his receivers. If he plays with that poise in the coming weeks we will be a serious threat. Hopefully it is a scenario similar to when Craig Ochs hit his stride in the 2004 playoffs.

McDABest
November 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I seem to recall a BSC team coming to Lake Charles 29 November 2003 when McNeese State was the Number One Seed that year. I suppose there was a lot of talk that year as well about how..."great, mighty and powerful we all is"...and all that as well.

What was it? NAU 35 - 3?...whatever...some people talk as if at some point in time a member of their conference had actually, really, absolutely ever, ever won the National Championship; subsequently acquiring their humble 'braggin' rights' over all the lesser brethren that are about that just happen to show up every once in a while for a football game.

Granted, its been a while, but, from the Big Sky Conference there as been:

2001 - Montana
1995 - Montana
1984 - Montana State
1981 - Idaho State
1980 - Boise State

Southland Conference = 0

...and it still amazes me that with that background, that some people go around huffing and puffing and pounding their chest over how great they are.."this the best team that we have ever had,"...etc., etc., etc. Well, better than nothing accomplished still = nothing.

You talk like someone going around in the stands on game day slapping everyone in the back of their heads with your dick citing..."your in the 'Hole' now, dude"...yuk, yuk, yuk.

"I am?"

"Well,..whoopee!!!"

P.S.-Evidently, I haven't been too impressed as of yet either.

xeyebrowx First off, this is one of the best teams we have ever had because this is only the second team to go 11-0.

About NAU, that is why I said not many. xbawlingx

xnonox Be careful with what you say, going to "The Hole" and winning is something your grizzlies have never done, and I'll also be a man and say we have never won at Wa-Griz either. xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
November 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
xeyebrowx First off, this is one of the best teams we have ever had because this is only the second team to go 11-0.

About NAU, that is why I said not many. xbawlingx

xnonox Be careful with what you say, going to "The Hole" and winning is something your grizzlies have never done, and I'll also be a man and say we have never won at Wa-Griz either. xnodx

Damn though
1994: UM 30, MSU 28 in Missoula
1997: UM 14, MSU 19 in LC
2002: UM 21, MSU 24 in LC

All were decided in the final minute.

Except for last year's game in Missoula, all included dramatic comebacks.

Griz-Cowboys is one of best playoff rivalries, if not THE best in FCS, with two of the best and biggest fanbases. xnodx

WyomingGrizFan
November 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM
"All we got to do now is win games at home [and Chattanooga]"
-Phil Jackson

Interesting, are you quoting the Phil Jackson that led his college team to Third and Fourth Round finishes in the Division II NCAA Tournament. That was drafted out of North Dakota in the Second Round of the NBA Draft by the New York Knickerbockers?

He was born 17 September 1945 at Deer Lodge, Montana.

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 12:11 AM
"All we got to do now is win games at home [and Chattanooga]"
-Phil Jackson

Interesting, are you quoting the Phil Jackson that led his college team to Third and Fourth Round finishes in the Division II NCAA Tournament. That was drafted out of North Dakota in the Second Round of the NBA Draft by the New York Knickerbockers?

He was born 17 September 1945 at Deer Lodge, Montana.

If that is the Phil Jackson that won for the Lakers, then thanks for the trivia, and good people do come out of Montana. Still, I like Lake Charles, Louisiana.

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 12:15 AM
...Griz-Cowboys is one of best playoff rivalries, if not THE best in FCS, with two of the best and biggest fanbases. xnodx

That makes us feel special. Thanks! xbowx :D

TokyoGriz
November 19th, 2007, 12:33 AM
What about the Eastern Washington / Montana rematch when Mcneese loses? xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

Thats going to be a fun game in Missoula!
xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
November 19th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a ASU/Montana game in the semifinals....

to get there though possibly have to do something we haven't done in two years in the playoffs....play/win on the road. Would be weird haha

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a ASU/Montana game in the semifinals....

to get there though possibly have to do something we haven't done in two years in the playoffs....play/win on the road. Would be weird hahaGame of the year, in my (biased) opinion. xthumbsupx xlolx

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a MSU/Montana game in the semifinals....

to get there though possibly have to do something we haven't done in two years in the playoffs....play/win on the road. Would be weird haha

Fixed it, and besides MSU is McNeese State University. xnodx

ERASU2113
November 19th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Fixed it, and besides MSU is McNeese State University. xnodx

hahahaha, thought that might happen xsmiley_wix

WyomingGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Be careful with what you say

Why?....This is really something isn't it? One team out of the Southland Conference that gets' its' braggin' rights just from beating the Griz a couple times. That's the substance of the chest-pounding. Nothing else to show for it it seems. Not even talking up the one point loss to Youngstown State even way back in 1997 in the NC game. Just talking since they beat the Griz a couple times. Geez. Nothing else matters huh?

This is getting to be as bad as dealing with the MSU Bobcats. [I have to specify 'MSU bobcats,' not to confuse anyone with the Texas State variety.] But anyways, just like in the Bozeman Chronicle GameDay Section that came out on saturday this past weekend, containing a comment from a Bobcat player:..."going 0 - 10 is one thing, but if we beat the Griz, that saves the season; nothing else matters."

What can ya do?

Of course, if we take care of business, good o' McNeese still has a tussle to deal with with the likes of the James Madison/Appalachian State winner, that's a pretty big 'if' the way I see it; you know, the two teams that have shared taking the National Championship the last three years, before we 'even' begin thinking of playing each other this year, but what do we get?...a strudding of their stuff since they had defeated the Griz a couple times.

All this in apprehension of a 'possible' meeting a couple weeks from now; and they don't even know if one of their best players on defense is even going to play this coming weekend?...interesting. Mighty interesting.

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM
First off, calm down, I was at first trying to explain my thoughts about the EWU game. If I came across defensive, offensive, etc., let me know and I'll apologize, but we aren't Montana St. The only thing we care about is being able to hoist up a NC trophy at the end of the year which unfortunately we have never done. xbawlingx

Good luck in the playoffs Montana (until you meet us.) xsmiley_wix

WyomingGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 01:24 AM
This is Griz football time, man....what do you mean, calm down?

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 01:32 AM
I don't know I guess I was getting tired. Tomorrow, I will be a different person. Oh well, what I'm trying to get at is:
GEAUX COWBOYS!! SHOW EVERYONE HOW TO WIN, SWAY, AND CLAP TWICE!!

P.S. See signature. It goes all the way to Chattanooga. xnodx

ASU
November 19th, 2007, 02:23 AM

Didn't "The Griz" play Albany who gives a maximum total of 30 scholarships? xrulesx I][/B]

Walkon79
November 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Now you did it! the entire BSC is now rooting for an EWU / UM semifinal. Maybe that would shut you up, at least til next fall.

uofmman1122
November 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Now you did it! the entire BSC is now rooting for an EWU / UM semifinal. Maybe that would shut you up, at least til next fall.Wow, that was a fast 2 days! xthumbsupx :p ;)

If McNeese beats EWU, I want ASU here, but if EWU wins....I dunno. Montana vs. EWU or Montana vs. ASU would be epic. Glad to see a cat fan rooting us on. :p

I really wanted to see you guys in Chatty last year....oh well.

tdoggs22
November 19th, 2007, 11:56 AM
i am just trying to pull the honesty from all this trash talking. Maybe we are all bias in favor of our own conferences. Maybe so. But the fact Montana did not play an FBS opponent does grant a little justification.

putter
November 19th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Didn't "The Griz" play Albany who gives a maximum total of 30 scholarships? xrulesx I][/B]

Funny, I remember seeing on some message boards that Michigan was getting blasted for playing App - and you had only 63 scholarships? What is your point, we won the game.

We played 1 D2, so did App, so did Delaware. For the first time in 3 years we did not play and FBS-so shoot us. We also played Albany and SUU -both FCS schools. And SUU also played S. Illinois, YSU, McNeese.

Walkon79
November 19th, 2007, 12:09 PM
i am just trying to pull the honesty from all this trash talking. Maybe we are all bias in favor of our own conferences. Maybe so. But the fact Montana did not play an FBS opponent does grant a little justification.

So why don't you clarify by saying the Griz played a week OOC schedule. I whole-heartedly agree with that. The BSC schedule, year in and year out is as tough as any other conference, IMO.

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 12:11 PM
So why don't you clarify by saying the Griz played a week OOC schedule. I whole-heartedly agree with that. The BSC schedule, year in and year out is as tough as any other conference, IMO.

Us Cowboys will find that out.

mlbowl
November 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM

Didn't Appy play Lenoir-Rhyne & Gardner-Webbxrolleyesx

proasu89
November 19th, 2007, 12:18 PM

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

I can roll my eyes tooxlolx I've stayed out of this pissing match up until now. Out of conference we played one DII, Big Sky, Big South, and Big 10.
That OOC schedule seems pretty freakin BIG to me.xsmiley_wix Kudos to NAU for traveling east. Hope we can return the favor somedayxthumbsupx

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM

That reminds me, didn't we roll over PSU? We will find out if EWU is that good too.

grizbeer
November 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Regarding Montana's cupcake schedule at least Montana is 1 of 9 teams in the playoffs to beat a playoff team this year. App State and McNeese did not beat a playoff team this year. whether that is because ASU and MSU are not that good, or because they played cupcake schedules I can't say, but the fact remains they have 0 wins over a team in the playoffs, and Montana has 1.

mlbowl
November 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

I can roll my eyes tooxlolx I've stayed out of this pissing match up until now. Out of conference we played one DII, Big Sky, Big South, and Big 10.
That OOC schedule seems pretty freakin BIG to me.xsmiley_wix Kudos to NAU for traveling east. Hope we can return the favor somedayxthumbsupx

I'm tired of the "holier than thou" attitude from some of the ASU posters...you guys had a couple big ol' cupcakes in there as well...xreadx

AlphaSigMD
November 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I'm tired of the "holier than thou" attitude from some of the ASU posters...you guys had a couple big ol' cupcakes in there as well...xreadx

Perhaps you have forgotten that our AD contacted VIRTUALLY EVERY TEAM in FCS looking for a team that would play us home and home. Very few people even listened. Also, LSU backed out of their obligation, so we were fighting an uphill battle.

We were sitting at 8 scheduled games well late winter and spring. It's not our fault that other teams are afraid to play the 2 time defending national champions, home and home.

ASU, unlike Montana and Northwestern St. honor their obligations and schedules and don't wimp out and limp out of their contracts.

We would have filled the gap with anyone in FCS over lenoir rhyne had there been ANY takers.

AlphaSigMD
November 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Instead of Fort Lewis next year, why not come to Boone. ASU would be more than willing to come to Montana in 2k9. We already have James Madison on the scheule, but that would be a good game regardless.

McDABest
November 19th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Regarding Montana's cupcake schedule at least Montana is 1 of 9 teams in the playoffs to beat a playoff team this year. App State and McNeese did not beat a playoff team this year. whether that is because ASU and MSU are not that good, or because they played cupcake schedules I can't say, but the fact remains they have 0 wins over a team in the playoffs, and Montana has 1.

I know ULL, was not that good, but we beat an FBS team. Besides, they would have been in the playoffs if they would come to their senses and play in the SLC. Also, you forgot App. St. beat Michigan.

tdoggs22
November 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM

You're right, ASU hasn't beaten a playoff team. However, I do seem to remember them having a nice win to open the season. Dont taunt the mountaineers, if you make it through Wofford i seriously dont think you want any of what ASU has to offer. They play the same game as you, but are WAAYYYY better at it!

Mountain Panther
November 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
They play the same game as you, but are WAAYYYY better at it!

Whhhhaaaaaat?

Compare the two records from 2007. Need more explanation as to why ASU is WAAYYY better than Montana.

mlbowl
November 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
You're right, ASU hasn't beaten a playoff team. However, I do seem to remember them having a nice win to open the season. Dont taunt the mountaineers, if you make it through Wofford i seriously dont think you want any of what ASU has to offer. They play the same game as you, but are WAAYYYY better at it!

...and I'm sure your OPINION is based on the countless Montana games you've attended this seasonxrolleyesx

tdoggs22
November 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
where have you been lil man???

Do i really have to walk you through the justification process in proving that Montana's schedule is suspect? In my eyes, although i know nothing of UNI, ASU is the fav. to win it all. Although we beat them, I am not comfortable playing them again.

It seems that some have already forgotten the fact that ASU is the 2-time defending champion, with last year's stars, Edwards and Richardson, leading the way. Say whatever you want, but until someone shows they can beat App. when it matters, they're the best.... period.

Griz0383
November 19th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Would montana have anything left in the tank after 3 crazy games! mercy!

tdoggs22
November 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
countless?? no. But i have seen a few highlight videos that completely back my argument. Coupled with the Weber State score among others, I feel confident with my statement.

mlbowl
November 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
countless?? no. But i have seen a few highlight videos that completely back my argument. Coupled with the Weber State score among others, I feel confident with my statement.

Well, there you have it....it must be true!

grizdax
November 19th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I love this hatred for Missoula. Yeah, our Nat Championships were soft. They beat Marshall for god's sake. Who did Appy beat when they won it all? They used to Whoop up on Idaho and Boise State before they went 1-A. And now they are 11-0 and still get no credit cause they don't live in the part of the country where "people don't Talk So Good". I want to respect your schools, and maybe I would if they played for a crowd that wasn't smaller than my high school.

AZGrizFan
November 19th, 2007, 05:17 PM

How about that GSU score? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Or, perhaps Wofford?

How'd that work out for ya? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

At least the games we struggle in ----- we WIN. xnodx xnodx xnodx

grizdax
November 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
This will be it then. If the Big Sky conference is weak, then both the Griz and EWU will be done. BUT if it's not......Do these boards get quieter?

Grizaholic17
November 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
This will be it then. If the Big Sky conference is weak, then both the Griz and EWU will be done. BUT if it's not......Do these boards get quieter?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

They'll find reasons to why we won if we win. There is always a reason to Montana or Big Sky success.

Walkon79
November 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
East Coast Bias. It'll be the same when NDSU is eligible.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 20th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Weak sched? Check this one out :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/1930-Washington-HUSKIES-vs-Montana-Football-Ticket-UW_W0QQitemZ120185370703QQihZ002QQcategoryZ24638QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Syntax Error
November 20th, 2007, 01:16 AM
They'll find reasons to why we won if we win. There is always a reason to Montana or Big Sky success.Of course. It is anti-Montana, Griz envy, East coast bias, etc. etc. etc. "They" will never realize that everything Griz is gold and no one has a right to say anything but that. If they do then they face the wrath of the Griz faithful who realize that everything Griz is gold and no one has a right to say anything but that ... and so on.

tdoggs22
November 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM

very true. but you guys struggled with teams like Portland State and Northern Arizona, Weber State even. Contrary to what it seems they feel in montana, we pride ourselves in playing quality competition. It makes us better. Its like the school bully walking around picking on all the nerds, what does that prove? Yeh you feel good about yourself because you won the fight, but in reality, that false sense of accomplishment taints your reputation. It looks good on paper, 11-0, but to those who venture inside the numbers know how much water your eleven win season holds. You guys are carrying a strainer!

Purple For Life
November 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Okay, I have to laugh at the person who said that App. State is favored to win it all. Didn't you guys LOSE two regular season games? Last I checked, UNI was 11-0 in the regular season with SIX of those games coming on the road. So you haters can't blame the Dome for our record. We only had ONE close game, and as you know, Southern Illinois is also in the playoffs with us handing them their only loss. So I can deal with that. We dominate on the field in many ways and go out there every week and prove it.

Our team is good. Very, very good. I think a lot of people don't realize how good. That's okay. Doubt us now. This team is focused and determined and has reached ALL of the goals set this season so far.

The last one is the national championship, and they will meet that goal as well.

AZGrizFan
November 20th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Of course. It is anti-Montana, Griz envy, East coast bias, etc. etc. etc. "They" will never realize that everything Griz is gold and no one has a right to say anything but that. If they do then they face the wrath of the Griz faithful who realize that everything Griz is gold and no one has a right to say anything but that ... and so on.

I'm kinda new here, but do I detect a slight note of sarcasm in your voice? xeyebrowx

mlbowl
November 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
very true. but you guys struggled with teams like Portland State and Northern Arizona, Weber State even. Contrary to what it seems they feel in montana, we pride ourselves in playing quality competition. It makes us better. Its like the school bully walking around picking on all the nerds, what does that prove? Yeh you feel good about yourself because you won the fight, but in reality, that false sense of accomplishment taints your reputation. It looks good on paper, 11-0, but to those who venture inside the numbers know how much water your eleven win season holds. You guys are carrying a strainer!

I don't know...why don't we ask Lenoir-Rhyne & Gardner-Webb?

AZGrizFan
November 20th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Like Chattanooga, Western Carolina, Gardner Webb, Georgtown KY, etc....come on man. We've all got skeletons in our closet. Weber was 5-2 after they played us. They were NOT the same team at the end of the season as they were when they played us. NAU was in the hunt for the conference TITLE when we played them. ANd I seem to remember them giving the SoCon's almighty ASU a run for their money at the rock, too. But, it's irrelevant now....it'll all be settled on the field here in the next 4 weeks!

proasu89
November 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Uh, Tdoggs IS a Wofford manxlolx

Ronin
November 20th, 2007, 08:27 AM
That's a tough schedule, that's the problem. No cupcake anywhere. The first round opponent may be the second toughest there!

No excuses, just my two cents.

I don't think McNeese makes it to the semi's, though. Certainly they have a good chance of doing it.

However, the first two are played at home and probably the third, since I don't think McNeese will make it to the semi, since they would have to go through ASU.

Bottom line: Montana would have three ranked opponents at home. Given their propensity to win at home, I'd say it's 50-50 for them to move on.

Freightliner
November 20th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Okay, I have to laugh at the person who said that App. State is favored to win it all. Didn't you guys LOSE two regular season games?

I wouldnt laugh...I seem to remember a NC game in 2005 that had two teams with THREE regular season losses.....remember who was in that game?

Anything can happen in the playoffs...count on it.

proasu89
November 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM

xlolx Not from me. I was just pointing out that I too can play the sarcasm, roll your eyes game, that you started a couple of pages ago. Montana can be in denial but it doesn't change the fact that AD's all over FCS will look at the Montana "Blueprint" for scheduling a seed.

proasu89
November 20th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I wouldnt laugh...I seem to remember a NC game in 2005 that had one team with THREE regular season losses (Northern Iowa) and the other team had two losses(Appy).

Anything can happen in the playoffs...count on it.

8-3 for us going into the Playoffs. 2 FBS losses and 1 to Furman in Greenville. Blocked FG:o

tdoggs22
November 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Like Chattanooga, Western Carolina, Gardner Webb, Georgtown KY, etc....come on man. We've all got skeletons in our closet. Weber was 5-2 after they played us. They were NOT the same team at the end of the season as they were when they played us. NAU was in the hunt for the conference TITLE when we played them. ANd I seem to remember them giving the SoCon's almighty ASU a run for their money at the rock, too. But, it's irrelevant now....it'll all be settled on the field here in the next 4 weeks!

You are right. Every conference/schedule has its gimmies. Pick and poke at our schedule, but we didnt play a team with less than 3 wins. Your first two opponents have a combined record of 1-20!!! And you only played 4 schools with a winning record in comparison to our 7. Not to mention we played NC State.

But like you say, this is all hogwash. The only reason we do this is try to justify our argument in favor of our squad. But you have to agree... we have played a much tougher schedule in preparation for the playoffs.

Casey_Orourke
November 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
maybe Southern Utah too. xnodx xnodx xrotatehx

And Albany too?xnodx xlolx

mlbowl
November 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
xlolx Not from me. I was just pointing out that I too can play the sarcasm, roll your eyes game, that you started a couple of pages ago. Montana can be in denial but it doesn't change the fact that AD's all over FCS will look at the Montana "Blueprint" for scheduling a seed.

Yup, I started itxrolleyesx ....apparently, you didn't read the first 7 pages of this, or any other thread, for that matter...they all turn into Griz bashing threads! My sarcastic reply was directed at these comments...

"Contrary to what it seems they feel in montana, we pride ourselves in playing quality competition. It makes us better. Its like the school bully walking around picking on all the nerds, what does that prove? Yeh you feel good about yourself because you won the fight, but in reality, that false sense of accomplishment taints your reputation."

"Didn't "The Griz" play Albany who gives a maximum total of 30 scholarships?"

I don't think ANYBODY is in denial about our schedule...but don't go preaching to us when you've just finished snacking on these tasty treats...Lenoir-Rhyne, Gardner-Webb, Western Carolina, Chattanooga....mmmmmm extra sprinkles on my cupcakes please!

tdoggs22
November 20th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Yup, I started itxrolleyesx ....apparently, you didn't read the first 7 pages of this, or any other thread, for that matter...they all turn into Griz bashing threads! My sarcastic reply was directed at these comments...

"Contrary to what it seems they feel in montana, we pride ourselves in playing quality competition. It makes us better. Its like the school bully walking around picking on all the nerds, what does that prove? Yeh you feel good about yourself because you won the fight, but in reality, that false sense of accomplishment taints your reputation."

"Didn't "The Griz" play Albany who gives a maximum total of 30 scholarships?"

I don't think ANYBODY is in denial about our schedule...but don't go preaching to us when you've just finished snacking on these tasty treats...Lenoir-Rhyne, Gardner-Webb, Western Carolina, Chattanooga....mmmmmm extra sprinkles on my cupcakes please!

This is not even a debate lil fella. Some issues we can argue on and both have solid points. Like who has a better coach, or whos stadium is nicer, and maybe even whether or not montana is a part of canada. All of those headlines can be discussed... but not this. Its kind of like when you try to talk back to your dad, and you know youre completely wrong but you continue to argue with him because youre too proud to surrender. Then he finally yells at you in frustration, your eyes squint and your face fills with terror. You tuck your tail and wander to your room where you shut your door and pout while reading a column from the Wofford Football Program. Thats what is going on here. But i dont feel like yelling so ill reply with a posts i wrote eariler.

"You are right. Every conference/schedule has its gimmies. Pick and poke at our schedule, but we didnt play a team with less than 3 wins. Your first two opponents have a combined record of 1-20!!! And you only played 4 schools with a winning record in comparison to our 7. Not to mention we played NC State.

But like you say, this is all hogwash. The only reason we do this is try to justify our argument in favor of our squad. But you HAVE to agree... we have played a much tougher schedule in preparation for the playoffs."

mlbowl
November 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
This is not even a debate lil fella. Some issues we can argue on and both have solid points. Like who has a better coach, or whos stadium is nicer, and maybe even whether or not montana is a part of canada. All of those headlines can be discussed... but not this. Its kind of like when you try to talk back to your dad, and you know youre completely wrong but you continue to argue with him because youre too proud to surrender. Then he finally yells at you in frustration, your eyes squint and your face fills with terror. You tuck your tail and wander to your room where you shut your door and pout while reading a column from the Wofford Football Program. Thats what is going on here. But i dont feel like yelling so ill reply with a posts i wrote eariler.

"You are right. Every conference/schedule has its gimmies. Pick and poke at our schedule, but we didnt play a team with less than 3 wins. Your first two opponents have a combined record of 1-20!!! And you only played 4 schools with a winning record in comparison to our 7. Not to mention we played NC State.

But like you say, this is all hogwash. The only reason we do this is try to justify our argument in favor of our squad. But you HAVE to agree... we have played a much tougher schedule in preparation for the playoffs."

Hey there tdip - Where did I EVER say we played a tougher schedule? You might want to research the other 1200 Griz bashing threads..you just might find your not quite so clever NOR original!!! If we happen to beat the Terriers...be sure and find your way back here, ya hear? as for me, I've been a member of the AGS community, supporting my team, since 2003...I'm sure I'll be here.xnodx

Freightliner
November 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM
8-3 for us going into the Playoffs. 2 FBS losses and 1 to Furman in Greenville. Blocked FG:o

yeah....sorry...I edited it out after I went back and looked again.

tdoggs22
November 20th, 2007, 08:11 PM
hey there toilet bowl- i think if you re-read your previous post, youll find that you implied we had a cupcake schedule like your own.

And i dont care if you have tenure on this message board.... woohooo!! I really only have time to visit this site when we are playing a team out of our ordinary schedule to get a feel of what to expect. I am not sure what you wanted to accomplish with that statement, but heres your cookie...... (*)<----- COOKIE. But trusts me, ill come back win or lose. I love to talk but i can take when deserving.

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 20th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I really don't think it's necessary to get insulting...just my xtwocentsx xcoffeex

mlbowl
November 21st, 2007, 06:53 AM
hey there toilet bowl- i think if you re-read your previous post, youll find that you implied we had a cupcake schedule like your own.

And i dont care if you have tenure on this message board.... woohooo!! I really only have time to visit this site when we are playing a team out of our ordinary schedule to get a feel of what to expect. I am not sure what you wanted to accomplish with that statement, but heres your cookie...... (*)<----- COOKIE. But trusts me, ill come back win or lose. I love to talk but i can take when deserving.

Sorry there tough guy... I implied that you had some delicious cupcakes on your schedule...but I forgot 6-4 NAIA teams are AWESOME opponents! BTW, very nice with the toilet bowl thingy, Captain Original!

IABison
November 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
mlbowl, remember your signature line! You know, never argue with an... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

mlbowl
November 21st, 2007, 07:11 AM
mlbowl, remember your signature line! You know, never argue with an... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Very true...I'm outa this one.xnodx

tdoggs22
November 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
envy is the cancer of the world!! And by the way, Fort Lewis is where????? exactly! It seems the facts in this scenario are in favor of my argument, thus you guys cant use them in your own defense, and resort to insults. I know your kind, and i laugh in your face!!!

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
November 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
envy is the cancer of the world!! And by the way, Fort Lewis is where????? exactly! It seems the facts in this scenario are in favor of my argument, thus you guys cant use them in your own defense, and resort to insults. I know your kind, and i laugh in your face!!!

I think I smell a hint of hypocrisy here xrolleyesx

Houndawg
November 23rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Okay, I have to laugh at the person who said that App. State is favored to win it all. Didn't you guys LOSE two regular season games? Last I checked, UNI was 11-0 in the regular season with SIX of those games coming on the road. So you haters can't blame the Dome for our record. We only had ONE close game, and as you know, Southern Illinois is also in the playoffs with us handing them their only loss. So I can deal with that. We dominate on the field in many ways and go out there every week and prove it.

Our team is good. Very, very good. I think a lot of people don't realize how good. That's okay. Doubt us now. This team is focused and determined and has reached ALL of the goals set this season so far.

The last one is the national championship, and they will meet that goal as well.

Er, YSU was ahead in the 4th quarter?

ASU
November 23rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I love this hatred for Missoula. Yeah, our Nat Championships were soft. They beat Marshall for god's sake. Who did Appy beat when they won it all? They used to Whoop up on Idaho and Boise State before they went 1-A. And now they are 11-0 and still get no credit cause they don't live in the part of the country where "people don't Talk So Good". I want to respect your schools, and maybe I would if they played for a crowd that wasn't smaller than my high school.

Well, let's just take a look at that......Appalachian State played in front of more people at home than Montana....What, YES......more people at home than Montana.....but it gets better.....In one LESS home game than Montana. What does that mean folks???? Obviously it means that Appalachian State played in front of an average home attendance that was MUCH higher than Montana. (You obviously went to a HUGH high school !!!) Dare we even talk about away games.....starting with a win in
front of @ 109,000 at the Big House......no, probably you would just make light of that...so why bother.xnonox
And Marshall....James Madison's coach used to be an assistant at Marshall and he said they never won against the Apps at "The Rock" and few other times. Only mention that since I just read it this week....could tell you many stories about driving to Huntington, WV and watching Appalachian beat Marshall....especially remember the times it started snowing.
The many that have mentioned Montana beating a playoff team....I would consider Michigan going to a bowl game as the same thing.

putter
November 23rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
I think we Montana fans need a break from message boards. From about week 3 when we weren't "blowing out" our weak opponents we have had to listen to everybody say the Griz were soft and untested. A whole season of listening to this and now we are testy! Heck, I even got testy after listening to Ralph say that the MSU win was not that good because, even though it was a 21 point road victory at your rival, the Griz were only up 7 with 6 minutes left.xconfusedx It seems like people have been picking at the Griz with every chance they get. We need a T.O. BABY!

The Griz will have to play well to beat Wofford and anyone else they face in the playoffs, period. Just like every other team has to do. If they don't, they are still a very good team, irregardless of what anyone says.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
WAY TO SHUT EVERYONE UP! LOL!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Skjellyfetti
November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM
EPIC FAIL

LOL

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Ah, the jerk in me can't help it.

LOL!

ASUG8
I think you got your opportunity today.....squandered yet again. All these months of "we're justifiably #1" kind of went out the window today. App certainly didn't play stellar football today, but the soft, cupcake SoCon finished the first round 2-0. Big Sky? Bueller? Bueller?

Congrats little dogs - you played like Dobermans' today!

NDSUFREAK
OHHHHH SOORRAAYYY

NDSUFREAK
November 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM
EPIC FAIL

LOL

xlolx xlolx

Intrepid
November 24th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Ouch...what a heartbreaker...

Purple For Life
November 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I think you got your opportunity today.....squandered yet again. All these months of "we're justifiably #1" kind of went out the window today. App certainly didn't play stellar football today, but the soft, cupcake SoCon finished the first round 2-0. Big Sky? Bueller? Bueller?

See? Now you know why UNI IS NUMBER ONE AND HAS BEEN THAT WAY ALL SEASON!!!!!

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Please. Show me where any Griz fan ever said that. The majority of us did not agree with any type of #1 spot. By the way the Big Sky has another game tonight. Stick around. The SoCon finished 2-0 by a combined 2 points , won't get any easier from here on out.

Way to go AGS. You got your wish. Great game Wofford - good luck the rest of the way.

UNHWildCats
November 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Please. Show me where any Griz fan ever said that. The majority of us did not agree with any type of #1 spot. By the way the Big Sky has another game tonight. Stick around. The SoCon finished 2-0 by a combined 2 points , won't get any easier from here on out.

Way to go AGS. You got your wish. Great game Wofford - good luck the rest of the way.
your Ducks are losing too, copuld be a very bad day for ya

youwouldno
For Wofford it actually will get easier. Richmond or EKU instead of playing in one of, maybe the toughest venue in the FCS.

Tod

EWU has yet to play, but drew the #2 seed. We shall see. Well, I'll see after I get back from work. xmadx xmadx

KiddBrewer
im sayin the big sky goes 1-2, hopefully.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:14 PM
im sayin the big sky goes 1-2, hopefully.

That's not possible there are only 2 Big Sky teams in the playoffs.

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM

EWU wins then loses to ASU...

UNHWildCats
i think he meant E Wash wins today and loses nexct week thus the Big Sky goes 1-2 in the playoffs

DuckDuckGriz
i think he meant E Wash wins today and loses nexct week thus the Big Sky goes 1-2 in the playoffs

Aha.

In that case he's still wrong :D

catbob
November 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Man you guys are dicks. Pick on the Griz all season, they try and fight back, and then you pile on them when they lose.

The Griz could do no right this season. Win by 3, you suck. Win by 21, your opponent sucked. Lose your first round playoff game, have a bunch of clowns come and ridicule you.

Show some class, even us Cat fans aren't this bad.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM

yea i wrote it wrong, was bout to change it, i meant 1 for 2, not 1 and 2

sharkeycox
November 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM
EWU wins then loses to ASU...

BSC will be 0-2.

KiddBrewer

ha or that, that will work too!

Purple For Life
Man you guys are dicks. Pick on the Griz all season, they try and fight back, and then you pile on them when they lose.

The Griz could do no right this season. Win by 3, you suck. Win by 21, your opponent sucked. Lose your first round playoff game, have a bunch of clowns come and ridicule you.

*sigh* Okay, fine. You guys made a really good effort. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM

I think he wants EWU to beat McDonalds the first game, then rematch them and lose... xsmiley_wix

Great game on both teams, but it's time for EWU to step up... GO EAGS!!!

matfu
November 24th, 2007, 04:18 PM
...mantana HAD the chance to shut everyone up. i personally don't think this is a knock against montana, but a tribute to the southern conference, which was strong this year. yes, i truly expect wofford to win the next round at least.

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM
ha ill retract my statement, to avoid confusion....

im not here to bash the griz, hell anybody could have won that game, and montana truly has had a heck of a season no doubt. the only reason i got wofford winning on my bracket was the hopeful thought that if we won we wouldnt have to travel to washington griz......and they are socon brothers and they beat us.....good season griz, great game but congrats wofford

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM

You must be kidding on the "we're number one" comment. I don't have time to copy and paste all that smack since August.

But you're absolutely correct on the "won't get easier" part. It isn't supposed to. WoCo and App both ended up on the good side of two extremely tight games with highly worthy adversaries.

By the way, 25-22 = 3 points, 28-27 = 1 point = SoCon 2-0 by 4 points.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM
You must be kidding on the "we're number one" comment. I don't have time to copy and paste all that smack since August.

But you're absolutely correct on the "won't get easier" part. It isn't supposed to. WoCo and App both ended up on the good side of two extremely tight games with highly worthy adversaries.

By the way, 25-22 = 3 points, 28-27 = 1 point = SoCon 2-0 by 4 points.

I thought the final of Wofford-Montana was 23-22

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
2 and 0 by 2 points....wow

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Basically Dan Carpenter hits that field goal all year long... That has been an easy kick for him, if you were a Montana fan you were thinking "It's in the bag"...

xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Basically Dan Carpenter hits that field goal all year long... That has been an easy kick for him, if you were a Montana fan you were thinking "It's in the bag"...

xlolx

What really sucked was Mick Holien on the Griz radio call said: "CARPENTER DRILLS IT.........And misses. Wofford wins."

:(

KiddBrewer
November 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM

xlolx

hes most likely the best ever...why wouldnt he hit it?

because its just that kinda dayxrotatehx xnodx xbowx

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
I thought the final of Wofford-Montana was 23-22

Yahoo shows 25-22.

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
What really sucked was Mick Holien on the Griz radio call said: "CARPENTER DRILLS IT.........And misses. Wofford wins."

It would have been good from 60 yards... but it was off target..

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yahoo shows 25-22.

Yahoo also reported Northern Colorado beating Hawaii this year. xlolx

Final was 23-22.

tdoggs22
November 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM
dont want to hear it. We came to missoula, had three TO's, allowed three different KO returns to midfield, and still beat you all!!!!

I was for sure when we started turning the ball over we were done. I just didnt think we could overcome those type of mistakes.

But we did! We were the best team in Missoula today!

Eyes of Old Main
November 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM

No matter who you pull for, you've got to hate it for that guy if that's how he called it. Kind of a "Dewey Beats Truman" thing.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:29 PM
dont want to hear it. We came to missoula, had three TO's, allowed three different KO returns to midfield, and still beat you all!!!!

I was for sure when we started turning the ball over we were done. I just didnt think we could overcome those type of mistakes.

Ok we will stop the well-wishing.....xconfusedx

Tod
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM

Yeah, that pizzed me off, too. xnonono2x

blukeys
November 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM

I agree. Despite the difficulties, you were the much better team than UM today.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Yahoo also reported Northern Colorado beating Hawaii this year. xlolx

Final was 23-22.

My bad - should have used another site. Either way, well played ball by three clubs (not ours). Jerry needs to take some of our guys out to the woodshed after this one. Can anybody who's out of it donate a defense?

NovaHater
November 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Go ahead tdoggs22, beat your chest, you deserve it, Griz fans do it all the time here. Your team did what they said you couldn't do.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Go ahead tdoggs22, beat your chest, you deserve it, Griz fans do it all the time here. Your team did what they said you couldn't do.

We never ever said they couldn't. xnodx

Congrats Wofford.

DuckDuckGriz
November 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Has Montana ever seen the option?

The last time the option was in Missoula I think was Georgia Southern and they lost 45-0. But I seem to remember someone else running it a couple years ago.

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM

You apparently haven't been paying very close attention here. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Dblue
November 24th, 2007, 04:54 PM
This is what happens when you finally play someone good.

Be fair, Montana is very good. It's just that they played another very good team today. Congrats to Wofford and a very lucky App State.xbowx

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM
This is what happens when you finally play someone good.

You lose by a point on a missed field goal you've been making all season...?
Please explain..?

xeyebrowx

mlbowl
November 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
You lose by a point on a missed field goal you've been making all season...?
Please explain..?

xeyebrowx

Beat me too it...

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Piling on is a 15-yard penalty, and bad sportsmanship.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Be fair, Montana is very good. It's just that they played another very good team today. Congrats to Wofford and a very lucky App State.xbowx

Weird day for App - we've got a all-SoCon kicker who was nearly flawless this year miss two PAT's, which could have been game changers. JMU beat the crap out of us otherwise, I'm just glad we got the win.

Montana is a good team - 11-0 is something to be proud of. We're just as proud of our 9-2 and 8-3 progams here. Great season, Griz.

ChickenMan
November 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM
No shame in losing a one point game to a good opponent.. Montana and JMU both lost heartbreakers that could have just as easily gone the other way.

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Schnikee..!!!

Imagine if App ST and Montana fell on day one...!!! (I wouldn't even know how to act)

xdizzyx

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Montana has chance to shut everyone up

They have an equal chance of everyone piling on as well.xthumbsupx

Dooooog piiiiiiile on the Grizzly...............Dooooog piiiiiiile on the Grizzly.:D

GreatAppSt
November 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Schnikee..!!!

Imagine if App ST and Montana fell on day one...!!! (I wouldn't even know how to act)

xdizzyx

Especially with your UM leanings.:p

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Especially with your UM leanings.:p

Totally..!!!
I think the griz are cool...

But I gotta tell you I was screaming like a 14 year old girl every time that Wofford QB turned the corner (is he a gamer..!!!!) what a fun offense

Hey... I love football first... Wofford is crazy to watch I gotta see next week now!!!)

Proud Griz Man
November 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Dooooog piiiiiiile on the Grizzly...............Dooooog piiiiiiile on the Grizzly.:D

Piling on is a 15-yard penalty.

Appguy
November 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM
socon representing, congrats

patssle
November 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM
holy **** I just saw the score...Montana lost? So much for that cupcake scheduling to give you a top 5 ranking.

james_lawfirm
November 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Totally..!!!
I think the griz are cool...

But I gotta tell you I was screaming like a 14 year old girl every time that Wofford QB turned the corner (is he a gamer..!!!!) what a fun offense

Hey... I love football first... Wofford is crazy to watch I gotta see next week now!!!)

I been trying to tell you. Wofford's good. That wingbone could drive a Defensive Coach to drink.

Cleets
November 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM
holy **** I just saw the score...Montana lost? So much for that cupcake scheduling to give you a top 5 ranking.

Words cannot describe how stupid that post is...

1) The SoCon Champions just played the Big Sky Champions
2) It was a one point game
3) You're officially a douche (or a tard) you choose

xlolx

Tod

You talking to Montana or McNeese? xrolleyesx

If you didn't notice before, Wofford won the SoCon, also beat ASU, Furman, etc.

No Montana fan took this game lightly.

How about some respect for WC rather than disrespect for UM?

Peems
The Griz D is not to blame for the loss...

Sam Adams
November 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Saw that coming. Congrats Wofford !!!

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Words cannot describe how stupid that post is...

1) The SoCon Champions just played the Big Sky Champions
2) It was a one point game
3) You're officially a douche (or a tard) you choose

xlolx
Actually, he's both. xnodx xnodx

ERASU2113
November 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Wow I wish I could have seen this game. Get home from the game to see this. Congrats again Wofford!

Heck of a season Montana....guess we'll have to wait another year for the match up to happen! haha :D

Peems
November 24th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Wow I wish I could have seen this game. Get home from the game to see this. Congrats again Wofford!

Heck of a season Montana....guess we'll have to wait another year for the match up to happen! haha :D

So classy. Especially considering how your game turned out, you could be right here with us.

ASUG8
November 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Great season, Montana - 11-0 is great

Smack: welcome to the big time boys! WoCo may be small, but they don't care! You are a great team, you just haven't played one.

Peems
November 24th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Great season, Montana - 11-0 is great

Smack: welcome to the big time boys! WoCo may be small, but they don't care! You are a great team, you just haven't played one.

Deserved. Congrats on your win

grizband
November 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Has Montana ever seen the option?

Cal Poly and Southern Utah were the last two teams I remember running the option. We beat So. Utah something like 65-48 in 2002 when they ran the option.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Grizband...you can add Wofford to the list of teams in the sig

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Grizband...you can add Wofford to the list of teams in the sig

I don't know if you're the first to post that, but if so, I dissapointed in the members of this community. I would have thought it would have been posted almost immediately! xlolx xlolx xbawlingx xbawlingx

grizband
November 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I don't know if you're the first to post that, but if so, I dissapointed in the members of this community. I would have thought it would have been posted almost immediately! xlolx xlolx xbawlingx xbawlingx
First I've seen tonight...xsmhx

AZGrizFan
November 24th, 2007, 10:15 PM
First I've seen tonight...xsmhx

You know, that list is gettin' too long, too fast. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx