PDA

View Full Version : Will they ever get rid of regionalization ?

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I know most hate it but it doesnt seem it will ever go away.

Col Hogan
November 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Its $$$$$$ baby, it's $$$$$.

NCAA spends more than it makes...they need regionalization to keep costs down...

I agree it sucks...but unless a sugar daddy/momma wants to fund the travel...we're stuck with it...

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 04:23 PM
That trip from NH to Iowa is certainly a long one. Didn't see that coming.

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 04:28 PM
That trip from NH to Iowa is certainly a long one. Didn't see that coming.

I'm not sure who else they could have matched UNH up with.

eaglesrthe1
November 18th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't look for it to go away. The NCAA introduced regionalization after the 9/11 attacks under the guise of lessening travel for security and safety reasons, when the reality was it was all about money.

The benefit to FCS is that it left more money for televising more games and increased advertising.

You just have to make your own choice as to whether that's a good trade off.

walliver
November 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
What regionalization? Montana, Kentucky, Virginia and South Carolina are all in the same region?

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I don't hate it. It's not ideal, but I can live with it.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Of course not with the Patriot league teams playing UMass as a first round cupcake every year. Go hug your ADxnodx

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Of course with the Patriot league teams playing UMass as a first round cupcake every year. Go hug your ADxnodx

Yes he got a huge hug in 2003!!!xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

eaglesrthe1
November 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
What regionalization? Montana, Kentucky, Virginia and South Carolina are all in the same region?

That's the point. It's not regonalization, it's about maximizing revenue. It's just named wrong, and it was introduced on a lie.

UMass922
November 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Of course with the Patriot league teams playing UMass as a first round cupcake every year. Go hug your ADxnodx

I can't deny it; a UMass playoff appearance pretty much means a guaranteed date with the Patriot League champ in the first round. Though it didn't work out so well against our PL "cupcake" opponent in 2003 . . .

TheValleyRaider
November 18th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yes he got a huge hug in 2003!!!xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

I can't deny it; a UMass playoff appearance pretty much means a guaranteed date with the Patriot League champ in the first round. Though it didn't work out so well against our PL "cupcake" opponent in 2003 . . .

I'd say something, but I've already been covered xthumbsupx