View Full Version : Delaware St @ Delaware--FRIDAY GAME

BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Discuss

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Discuss

Damn, I thought we was gonna get Richmond xrotatehx

But yeah, finally we can get this game over and done with, its been a long time coming

R.A.
November 18th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Lets Do it!!

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I wish Delaware State were hosting. 8-3 teams that were on the bubble should not be hosting 1st round games.

ERASU2113
November 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM
It was rumored we were getting the 1:30 games against JMU earlier in the week. Glad we didn't get friday :)

R.A.
November 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I wish Delaware State were hosting. 8-3 teams that were on the bubble should not be hosting 1st round games.

Del State's been attempting to get a larger facility, but they need better attendance.

R.A.
November 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Friday's probably better for Del State. Del State's coming off of a win, Delaware's coming off of a loss. So the Hen's have less time to prepare... especially since Delaware hasn't even heard of Del State until recently, as Mr. Flacco said.

Tim James
November 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Del State's been attempting to get a larger facility, but they need better attendance.

Yes I know Delaware is hosting because of $$$ but its still completely unfair that a conference champ with 1 loss has to play at a 3 loss team.

SactoHornetFan
November 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I think this is poetic justice for DSU. From one Hornet to another....Go Hornets...sting the Hens!!

Retro
November 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM
With the exception of the seeded teams, when determining home games for the remaining field, quality of facility and attendance is a bigger factor.. Also, do we know if DSU even bid for a home game considering their stadium size?

I was a little surprised by Delaware hosting with 3 loses, but the NCAA is trying so hard to keep the games with teams in the same area, you knew this was coming.. Now ESPN has their game they've been whining about.

downbythebeach
November 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
WTF......

Friday........

Afternoon........

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hopefully its a good competitive game....and 1:30 on Friday after Thanksgiving on ESPN isn't all THAT bad.

Intrepid
November 18th, 2007, 05:02 PM

State politics keeping us from building a new stadium and other athletic facilities. DSU cannot do it by themselves, they need help but won't get it anytime soon. That's a fact.

devilhen
November 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yes I know Delaware is hosting because of $$$ but its still completely unfair that a conference champ with 1 loss has to play at a 3 loss team.

Being a conference champ doesn't automatically qualify you for a home game. Take a look at your schedule strength. The committee doesn't look at an 8-3 record & a 10-1 record in a vacuum. You are kidding yourself if you think that 10-1 in the MEAC is the same as if you were 10-1 in the CAA...xpeacex

NovaHater
November 18th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Damn, I thought we was gonna get Richmond xrotatehx

But yeah, finally we can get this game over and done with, its been a long time coming

Consider yourselves fortunate you're not going to Richmond. This is a game DSU can win, not so easy against the Spiders.

Just have Coach Lavan call Villanova Head Coach Andy Talley, he knows how to stop UD. Blitz, blitz, and keep blitzing. Lavan is agressive which should suit him well against UD.

The rivalry (that doesn't exist), first time in the playoffs, a chip on their shoulder because UD always gets front page on the sports page, Hornets with a win will hold the series advantage forever at 1-0 because UD will never schedule them if they lose in front of their fans.

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
State politics keeping us from building a new stadium and other athletic facilities. DSU cannot do it by themselves, they need help but won't get it anytime soon. That's a fact.

xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx

Give me a break!!! You don't sell out the 6,000 seat facility you have now which was renovated for over a million just within the last 5 years. You want a bigger stadium put more fannies in the seats!!!! Your incessant "woe is me" whining, not accepting an ounce of responsibility for your current situation and finger pointing at everyone else will not get anything built.

bjtheflamesfan
November 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Here's hoping that this game really turns out to be a good one and it gives the ADs of the two schools a lot more reason to make it an annual or at least biannual game

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM
xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx xbabycryx

Give me a break!!! You don't sell out the 6,000 seat facility you have now which was renovated for over a million just within the last 5 years. You want a bigger stadium put more fannies in the seats!!!! Your incessant "woe is me" whining, not accepting an ounce of responsibility for your current situation and finger pointing at everyone else will not get anything built.

In a way I agree, we need to stop with this whole "the state doesnt help us enough" bit....it takes time but with a successful athletic programs, larger fan support and Alumni actually DONATING to the school, it can be done, you know the adage "Rome wasn't built in a day..." the same applies in this case as well. xreadx

EmeryZach
November 18th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Oh man this should be a good one to watch. Should be pretty chippy out there on the field, and in the stands.

mistersykes
November 18th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Here's hoping that this game really turns out to be a good one and it gives the ADs of the two schools a lot more reason to make it an annual or at least biannual game

Agreed.xbowx

eaglesrthe1
November 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I think this is poetic justice for DSU. From one Hornet to another....Go Hornets...sting the Hens!!

Poetic justice will be if DSU wins the game.xsmiley_wix

RadMann
November 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM
UD has what they have with a LOT of private benefactors and donations over the years, especially back in the day when Delaware Stadium was built. You are mistaken if you go around with the idea in your head that the state paid for what UD has. The state of Delaware has low taxes for a reason, they are cheap. You need to raise money in the private sector if you want DSU to get better facilities like UD has done. If you wait for the state, you'll be waiting a long time. The DuPont family (including the branch of the family named Carpenter) had much to do with it.

wannabegaucho
November 18th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Go Delaware State... I remember the article about the elitists at UD who didn't want to play DSU. Go Hornets

89Hen
November 18th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Friday's probably better for Del State. Del State's coming off of a win, Delaware's coming off of a loss. So the Hen's have less time to prepare... especially since Delaware hasn't even heard of Del State until recently, as Mr. Flacco said.
Uh, you may want to check with your Hornet player that says none of his teammates know anything about the Hens. xnodx xcoffeex

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Luckily, I happen to be off on Friday so I can watch this game and enjoy it. :p

bjtheflamesfan
November 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
So what are yall willing to bet that whoever isn't at the game in DE is gonna watch it and probably Tivo it?

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
So what are yall willing to bet that whoever isn't at the game in DE is gonna watch it and probably Tivo it?

xconfusedx

Is a Liberty guy drinking tonight? xconfusedx

GeeWiz
November 18th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Man, I'm so looking forward to this game! :D

UD is a CAA brethren so I probably should root for them, but I always pull for HBC teams in the playoffs and DSU will be a underdog for sure.

I'll say this, if UD were to lose this game, I can definitely see UD finally scheduling DSU in '08 for a rematch. xnodx

mrklean
November 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
This should be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'll say this - the Hornets obviously have a lot of heart as a team. If the Hens let them hang around for a while, they will be in trouble. Delaware needs to put them away early or will likely find themselves on the losing end in this contest.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
This should be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

UD advances by 3 tdsxnodx

bjtheflamesfan
November 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
xconfusedx

Is a Liberty guy drinking tonight? xconfusedx
Nope...just saying that this game is something that people all over that state are gonna want to watch. Those that don't get into the stadium are probably gonna watch it on TV somewhere...those that can;t watch it are probably gonna TiVo it...Those that can;t TiVo it...well...will probably end up reading about it on Saturday. This is the game people wanted to see happen and now its happening

UDChE89
November 18th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Man, I'm so looking forward to this game! :D

UD is a CAA brethern so I probably should root for them, but I always pull for HBC teams in the playoffs and DSU will be a underdog for sure.

I'll say this, if UD were to lose this game, I can definitely see UD finally scheduling DSU in '08 for a rematch. xnodx

Ain't gonna happen in '08 unless UD breaks a contract... first opening in in 2012. Next year's OOCs are Maryland, Furman, and West Chester.

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Junior Ivy and I will be there!xnodx

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
When was the last time that these two teams have met? What is the series record?

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 09:24 PM
When was the last time that these two teams have met? What is the series record?

Well we're 0-fer in the series....but so is UD xsmiley_wix

ngineer
November 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Back in 2000 (I think) Lehigh went 11-0 and won the Patriot, but got sent packing to Western Illinois (who I think was ranked #4 at the time). We were somewhat 'p.o'd' about it , but used it as part of the motivation of 'no respect'...Final score: Lehigh 37 Western Illinois 7. Since then, Lehigh has been able to host two playoff games; Hofstra in 2001 and James Madison in 2004. Good Luck in the 'Hen House'--it's a great venue so enjoy and have fun.xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Back in 2000 (I think) Lehigh went 11-0 and won the Patriot, but got sent packing to Western Illinois (who I think was ranked #4 at the time). We were somewhat 'p.o'd' about it , but used it as part of the motivation of 'no respect'...Final score: Lehigh 37 Western Illinois 7. Since then, Lehigh has been able to host two playoff games; Hofstra in 2001 and James Madison in 2004. Good Luck in the 'Hen House'--it's a great venue so enjoy and have fun.xthumbsupx

Thats true...we can't make them respect us, and in some ways we can't even earn it, we'll have to take it xthumbsupx go Hornets!

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM
This could get interesting.
xnodx

blukeys
November 18th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Thats true...we can't make them respect us, and in some ways we can't even earn it, we'll have to take it xthumbsupx go Hornets!

Well as someone who has attended DSU games since the 80's, the respect argument is a non starter. There is a lot of cross pollination in the programs. Beginning with Joe Puryzicki (there were actual organized protests at DSU because they dared to hire a WHITE Head Football Coach!!!!!)

Purzicki and Collick always had the respect of the UD staff in no small part because the really knew the Wing-T Offense of Tubby Raymond.

The lack of respect was due to the academics at DSU. (I still have my DSU Student ID from this summer) However, the athletic folks never thought this was appropriate.

There are a host of UD people working for DSU. Trip Keister is one. Leo Hamlett was an assistant at DSU until Lavan came in. Leo is now helping out Dover High.

The Johnny come lately's have no clue about the connection the 2 programs have had.

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Well as someone who has attended DSU games since the 80's, the respect argument is a non starter. There is a lot of cross pollination in the programs. Beginning with Joe Puryzicki (there were actual organized protests at DSU because they dared to hire a WHITE Head Football Coach!!!!!)

Purzicki and Collick always had the respect of the UD staff in no small part because the really knew the Wing-T Offense of Tubby Raymond.

The lack of respect was due to the academics at DSU. (I still have my DSU Student ID from this summer) However, the athletic folks never thought this was appropriate.

There are a host of UD people working for DSU. Trip Keister is one. Leo Hamlett was an assistant at DSU until Lavan came in. Leo is now helping out Dover High.

The Johnny come lately's have no clue about the connection the 2 programs have had.

I wasn't talking about UD, I meant as how the media and other fans looks at us and how we are perceived in athletics...because we're the "Pathetic Playoff Performance Conference". I know that UD and DSU have a lot more in common than people are made to believe.

aust42
November 18th, 2007, 11:39 PM

This is awesome we're finally playing each other. Y'all will be welcomed at Delaware stadium as we are gracious hosts. Come up and enjoy a great atmosphere. Come early, bring your grills, coolers, etc, and enjoy yourselves DSU fans. Should be a great game. Football is a game of emotion and this should be a competetive game due to the high level of emotion on both sides. Couldn't ask for a better 1st round matchup.

Go Hens!!

Intrepid
November 19th, 2007, 07:20 AM
This is awesome we're finally playing each other. Y'all will be welcomed at Delaware stadium as we are gracious hosts. Come up and enjoy a great atmosphere. Come early, bring your grills, coolers, etc, and enjoy yourselves DSU fans. Should be a great game. Football is a game of emotion and this should be a competetive game due to the high level of emotion on both sides. Couldn't ask for a better 1st round matchup.

Go Hens!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx ...oh yea, this should be a good one, a high-powered offense vs a stingy defense...

andy7171
November 19th, 2007, 08:35 AM
This is great! I know I should be supporting the CAA teams in the playoffs, but I just can seem to do it.

GO HORNETS!

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
The Del St/ UD statistical matchup...

points per game:

Del St - 22.5
Delaware - 38.1

opponents points per game:

Del St - 16.1
Delaware - 26.1

rushing yrds per game:

Del St - 144
Delaware - 175

passing yrds per game:

Del St - 142
Delaware - 293

total offense per game:

Del St - 286
Delaware - 468

opponents rushing yrds per game:

Del St - 146
Delaware - 168

opponents passing yrds per game:

Del St - 168
Delaware - 185

opponents total offense per game:

Del St - 314
Delaware - 353

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Being a conference champ doesn't automatically qualify you for a home game. Take a look at your schedule strength. The committee doesn't look at an 8-3 record & a 10-1 record in a vacuum. You are kidding yourself if you think that 10-1 in the MEAC is the same as if you were 10-1 in the CAA...xpeacex

whoa whoa whoa...you say that like 9-0 in the MEAC is easy. 9-0 isnt easy anywhere. and if you think that going 6-3 in the CAA is the equivalent, your wrong. some teams are better than others but at the same time, you are playing talented football clubs with great athletes. anything can happen on anygiven saturday. so if your playing in the big south, meac, patriot league or the damn sec, if your going out there and winning games, it is not to be short-changed.

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM
The Del St/ UD statistical matchup...

points per game:

Del St - 22.5
Delaware - 38.1

rushing yrds per game:

Del St - 144
Delaware - 175

passing yrds per game:

Del St - 142
Delaware - 293

total offense per game:

Del St - 286
Delaware - 468

opponents rushing yrds per game:

Del St - 146
Delaware - 168

opponents passing yrds per game:

Del St - 168
Delaware - 185

opponents total offense per game:

Del St - 314
Delaware - 353

they said numbers dont lie, but that must've been a lie within itself because they've lied to me before. good comparisons though, although, it makes our defense look a little better than what it is and makes our offense look a little worse than what it is.

andy7171
November 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Hey ChickenMan, how many OTs did Delaware play in this year? It must be close to the equivalent of an entire extra game or at least a half of one!

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Hey ChickenMan, how many OTs did Delaware play in this year? It must be close to the equivalent of an entire extra game or at least a half of one!

good point, kudos. i didnt even think to consider that. i guess that would make some difference

andy7171
November 19th, 2007, 09:57 AM
good point, kudos. i didnt even think to consider that. i guess that would make some difference

My fault. They only played 5OTs in the Richmond game. I was thinking they played 3-4 vs Navy. But it was the Navy-Notre Dame game that went to OT. Delaware scored 59 on Navy in regulation.
I got my Navy games confused. :o

Griz0383
November 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
The birth of a interstate rivalry! I am glad the committee saw the relevance of these two teams playing each other. I bet your state is starting feel the excitement and it will grow intense as the week progresses. If Montana vs Montana St were playing each other in the play offs the state would stop all production and talk smack! Good luck to both Delaware teams!

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ain't gonna happen in '08 unless UD breaks a contract... first opening in in 2012. Next year's OOCs are Maryland, Furman, and West Chester.
And Albany. 12 game slate next year. xpeacex

andy7171
November 19th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I have to think DSU has a chance to stay in this game. Delaware is on a two game slide and are lucky to even be in the post season.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
9-0 isnt easy anywhere. and if you think that going 6-3 in the CAA is the equivalent, your wrong.
9-0 isn't easy, but it's certainly easier in some conferences. 6-3 in the CAA is comparable in the eyes of most whether you like it or not.

FWIW, Hampton went 22-2 vs the MEAC in 2004-06 and was 0-3 vs the CAA.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 10:12 AM
this game is something that people all over that state are gonna want to watch. Those that don't get into the stadium are probably gonna watch it on TV somewhere...those that can;t watch it are probably gonna TiVo it...Those that can;t TiVo it...well...will probably end up reading about it on Saturday. This is the game people wanted to see happen and now its happening

The birth of a interstate rivalry! I am glad the committee saw the relevance of these two teams playing each other. I bet your state is starting feel the excitement and it will grow intense as the week progresses. If Montana vs Montana St were playing each other in the play offs the state would stop all production and talk smack! Good luck to both Delaware teams!
xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

UDChE89
November 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Umm.. think you meant intrastate rivalry.. we already have more than a few interstate rivalries (Villanova, Lehigh, JMU). However, I don't know that this will create a rivalry.. I'm just a little bit suspicious of that

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I have to think DSU has a chance to stay in this game. Delaware is on a two game slide and are lucky to even be in the post season.

It's not like we are awful - heck, we are 8-3 and outside of Appy St's win over Michigan we probably own the biggest win over an FBS team this year in beating a soon to be 8-4 Navy. And that two game slide, we did go 5 OT's with Richmond, so it's not like we tanked in that game. And we were already in the playoffs regardless of the nova game - I'd bet we weren't even that close to being the last team in. Big wins over Navy and JMU, 5 OT game to Richmond, and an 8-3 record - luck didn't have anything to do with making the playoffs.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 12:17 PM
And that two game slide, we did go 5 OT's with Richmond, so it's not like we tanked in that game.
It is amazing that if the Hens convert a 22 yard FG in the 3rd OT (the first FG missed all year), eveyone's perception of UD would be a lot different. xeyebrowx xcoffeex

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2007, 12:32 PM
It is amazing that if the Hens convert a 22 yard FG in the 3rd OT (the first FG missed all year), eveyone's perception of UD would be a lot different. xeyebrowx xcoffeex

Very true... and another late miss of a short FG may have cost them a win at Villanova... xnodx

DSUHornet
November 19th, 2007, 12:58 PM
9-0 isn't easy, but it's certainly easier in some conferences. 6-3 in the CAA is comparable in the eyes of most whether you like it or not.

FWIW, Hampton went 22-2 vs the MEAC in 2004-06 and was 0-3 vs the CAA.

and app state opened up 100% against bcs....xcoffeex

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Well we're 0-fer in the series....but so is UD xsmiley_wix

xeekx WOW How long has DSU had a football program?xconfusedx

This is going to be a historic game. I can't wait. :D

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS07/71119027
Ticket sales at the Univeristy of Delaware are on hold for Friday's football game with Delaware State University.

And the 1,990 tickets available for sale at DSU in Dover were sold out in the first hour this morning...

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS07/71119027
Ticket sales at the Univeristy of Delaware are on hold for Friday's football game with Delaware State University.

And the 1,990 tickets available for sale at DSU in Dover were sold out in the first hour this morning...

Impressive - still have to see whether this will sell out or not - hard to go by past attendance playoff records at UD, most have been underreported by several thousand. They may run out of tickets for this one but still only report 17k. Good start for sales, though, and I think the suspension of sales is to make sure the unclaimed season tickets get sold, and they don't have to be claimed until Wednesday night. No sense selling out the endzones if there are good seats in good spots.

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
No sense selling out the endzones if there are good seats in good spots.
Unless your season tickets are in the NEZ and you want your regular seats. :(

BTW, I have no idea how they do this. Season tix holders have until Wed afternoon to claim their regular seats, then they turn the lot over to Ticketmaster. Somebody has to manually enter all those seats into the system so they can sell them.

This is why I always think they don't underreport as much as you think. I'll bet you tons of onesies and twosies in premium locations go unsold simply because of the nature of the way they do this.

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Obviously this is being talked about on the gohens.net board - some people there with actual ticketing backgrounds - hard to tell what this means yet. DSU was given 2k tickets, which are all sold. UD has 11k season ticket holders, who have until Wednesday night to pick up. Plus, as season ticket holders, they are able to expand their number of tickets from their normal allottment. They may have to hold back 14k to 15k seats from the general public until the season ticket holders are done. Throw in the fact that they have to hold back a few thousand seats for the students (at least 2500 if not more) and frankly there were never that many general public seats initially on sale. There's no way the season ticket base will be anything more than 11k when they're done, so most of the seats, for all practical purposes, won't go on sale until Wednesday night.

henfan
November 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM
What a nightmare for the UD ticket office! The Will Call lines on Friday are going to be ridiculous.xsmhx

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM
What a nightmare for the UD ticket office! The Will Call lines on Friday are going to be ridiculous.xsmhx
Yeah, I don't even know what time to show up. :( We're normally drive up, walk in, sit down, kickoff.

Ud1Hens
November 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM
and app state opened up 100% against bcs....xcoffeex

I find it amazing you are posting when the game is a few days away. I know that every minute UD players aren't in class they are watching film and preparing for DSU. Or do you follow Tyron Hurst's thinking..."I haven't seen the film yet," "But we've seen some good offenses this season. We've been stopping teams all year."

By the way Tyron...define "good offenses"

LacesOut
November 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I will be there!!

Go DSU!! Go UD!!

Hope it's a great game.

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2007, 02:59 PM
My fault. They only played 5OTs in the Richmond game. I was thinking they played 3-4 vs Navy. But it was the Navy-Notre Dame game that went to OT. Delaware scored 59 on Navy in regulation.
I got my Navy games confused. :o

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Confusing UD with Notre Dame xnonox xnonox xnonox

----------------------------> Take it to the smack board

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Confusing UD with Notre Dame xnonox xnonox xnonox

----------------------------> Take it to the smack board

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Agreed, we're much better than the Irish this year. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I think UD will win this game by 7 points or less, in regulation.xtwocentsx

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Agreed, we're much better than the Irish this year. xthumbsupx

I know!! That's why I told him to take it to the smack board!!

Blue Hen Nation
November 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I think UD will win this game by 7 points or less, in regulation.xtwocentsx

Watching our D all year, I think you're right on. xthumbsupx

R.A.
November 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Poetic justice will be if DSU wins the game.xsmiley_wix

Not just that, but what if Delaware State wins, and then NEVER SCHEDULES DELAWARE! So the Hornets keep that all time series lead.

If that happen... could the Hens live with themselves??

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Not just that, but what if Delaware State wins, and then NEVER SCHEDULES DELAWARE! So the Hornets keep that all time series lead.

Yes. Next question!:p

R.A.
November 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Delaware State's not Hampton. Remember that.

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes. Next question!:p

Hey, we've gone 80 some years without playing them, I'm sure we could manage to get by for another 80 - Blue Hen football will carry on for quite some time, with or without the Hornets. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
November 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Of course, Hampton had some pretty good teams there so that could just mean that DSU isn't the playoff experienced squad that Hampton had. xwhistlex

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2007, 04:01 PM

And your point is? Delaware doesn't schedule Hampton, either!xrotatehx

R.A.
November 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
And your point is? Delaware doesn't schedule Hampton, either!xrotatehx

xlolx

Hey Harvard, lets schedule a home & home...Harvard/Howard.

We'll get a US President in our mighty alumni ranks soon enough xlolx

R.A.
November 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Of course, Hampton had some pretty good teams there so that could just mean that DSU isn't the playoff experienced squad that Hampton had. xwhistlex

I agree, Del State isn't experienced in losing in the playoffs like Hampton is.xwhistlex

FightinBluHen51
November 19th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Absolute hilarity this thread is. The I-AA (sorry, I refuse to call it FBS and FCS) nation is in an uproar. Should be a good game, I'll have my regular 2 seats and will probably expand if need be.

Can't wait for Friday, glad I took off!!!

89Hen
November 19th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Absolute hilarity this thread is. The I-AA (sorry, I refuse to call it FBS and FCS) nation is in an uproar. Should be a good game, I'll have my regular 2 seats and will probably expand if need be.

Can't wait for Friday, glad I took off!!!
HOLY COW. It takes an act of God and a UD/DSU game to get 51 to come out from hiding! xlolx Where the hell have you been?! xeyebrowx xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
November 19th, 2007, 04:28 PM

Yes.

I'm on record as saying I'd like to see UD and DSU play, but if DSU wins and then refuses a rematch - more power to 'em.

hornetsrhorrible
November 19th, 2007, 04:36 PM
ive spoken to a few lower slower residents and their pumped and will be attending. this game is good for delaware and should help to recruit instate students to the two delaware unversities. and whether or not youre from delaware that is ultimately a good thing. as much as i love the idea of going to this game i wont be able to attend as i have to hit the road. i will be listening on sirius/espn radio though

cougarpines
November 19th, 2007, 05:03 PM
ive spoken to a few lower slower residents and their pumped and will be attending. this game is good for delaware and should help to recruit instate students to the two delaware unversities. and whether or not youre from delaware that is ultimately a good thing. as much as i love the idea of going to this game i wont be able to attend as i have to hit the road. i will be listening on sirius/espn radio though

Sorry you can't make the game. I too think it is good for the schools and good for the state with one caveat. I just finished reading the message boards from the News Journal. What a bunch of garbage and misinformation floating around that site. Some of the posts would immediately be deleted here and rightly so. I just hope Pearlman and Tressolini understand the undertone they have fueled. Some of the posts are just ugly. Maybe I am over reacting but I hope it doesn't manifest itself at the game. I hope the brisk ticket sales are to true "fans".

UDChE89
November 19th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Sorry you can't make the game. I too think it is good for the schools and good for the state with one caveat. I just finished reading the message boards from the News Journal. What a bunch of garbage and misinformation floating around that site. Some of the posts would immediately be deleted here and rightly so. I just hope Pearlman and Tressolini understand the undertone they have fueled. Some of the posts are just ugly. Maybe I am over reacting but I hope it doesn't manifest itself at the game. I hope the brisk ticket sales are to true "fans".

I definitely agree with you that the tone of the posts on the News Journal website are ugly. However, if you look at them with any regularity they're no uglier on this topic than they are on any topic where race might come up.. and even some when it's not even involved.

Ivytalk
November 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
xlolx

Hey Harvard, lets schedule a home & home...Harvard/Howard.

We'll get a US President in our mighty alumni ranks soon enough xlolx

That is a great idea!xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
November 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
xeekx WOW How long has DSU had a football program?xconfusedx

This is going to be a historic game. I can't wait. :D

I agree. It will rank right up there with Sputnik and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Years from now grandparents will be telling their grandchildren where they were when this game was played. It will no doubt change college football as we know it, forever.

xrolleyesx

Oldhen
November 20th, 2007, 05:46 AM
I too think it is good for the schools and good for the state with one caveat. I just finished reading the message boards from the News Journal. What a bunch of garbage and misinformation floating around that site. Some of the posts would immediately be deleted here and rightly so. I just hope Pearlman and Tressolini understand the undertone they have fueled.

I found it absolutely hilarious to read Kevin Noonan in this morning's News Journal... after the mediots spend months injecting race into the game's context, suddenly they're trying to say 'it's just a football game' and unplay the race card. I wonder if it's because of the way some fans are responding to the racial context they played up in the dicussion.

It's really a shame that they dragged all the other baggage they could think of into their articles. Now they're stuck with it. The game always should have been about two football teams. Now the teams are almost an afterthought as all the other storylines get played out.

cougarpines
November 20th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I found it absolutely hilarious to read Kevin Noonan in this morning's News Journal... after the mediots spend months injecting race into the game's context, suddenly they're trying to say 'it's just a football game' and unplay the race card. I wonder if it's because of the way some fans are responding to the racial context they played up in the dicussion.

It's really a shame that they dragged all the other baggage they could think of into their articles. Now they're stuck with it. The game always should have been about two football teams. Now the teams are almost an afterthought as all the other storylines get played out.

I just hope that the brisk ticket sales are to "real" fans on both sides. My fear is that the idiots posting on that board will bring their ugliness to the game. Tressolini's incessent unfounded writting on the topic has "created" this undertone. He should be held accountable. However, he has yet been forced to support his accusations.

Oldhen
November 20th, 2007, 06:39 AM
I just hope that the brisk ticket sales are to "real" fans on both sides. My fear is that the idiots posting on that board will bring their ugliness to the game. Tressolini's incessent unfounded writting on the topic has "created" this undertone. He should be held accountable. However, he has yet been forced to support his accusations.

I hope that nobody following this story misses the irony that UD is being accused of old-fashioned racism for not scheduling DSU in football while at the same time being accused of pushing a far-too-liberal diversity education program in the residence halls, that some in the media say smacks of reverse-racism.

I guess it's nice to see that UD can simultaneously embrace both traditional and reverse racism in the eyes of the mediots.

We're ecumenical.

Here's hoping the level heads from both schools can keep the lid on the alcohol-fueled fools from both schools.

LacesOut
November 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM

OMG that would be so hilarious and cool!!! I may have to root for Del State now, just to shove it into the faces of the arrogance of UD's AD and BOT's. LOL

Catsfan2
November 20th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Just hoping for a competitive game, with the result that DSU replaces West Chester (except home & home) on the UD schedule going forward.

Any word on the officiating crew for this game? I've been to 14 FCS games this year (CAA, MEAC, Patriot) and the officiating hasn't been terrific. CAA seems to be the worst from what I've seen.

DSUrocks07
November 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Just hoping for a competitive game, with the result that DSU replaces West Chester (except home & home) on the UD schedule going forward.

Any word on the officiating crew for this game? I've been to 14 FCS games this year (CAA, MEAC, Patriot) and the officiating hasn't been terrific. CAA seems to be the worst from what I've seen.

I just hope that its not MEAC refs in this game...they can't even ref a Pop Warner game efficiently xlolx xlolx

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 09:06 AM
xconfusedx xnonono2x

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I haven't seen any PL games, but CAA refs have been pretty bad this year. xnodx

Ivytalk
November 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM

Excellent post, Oldhen!xthumbsupx And did you notice the convenient juxtaposition of the full-page ad for DSU? The News Urinal is "spot off," as usual.

OhioHen
November 20th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Any word on the officiating crew for this game? I've been to 14 FCS games this year (CAA, MEAC, Patriot) and the officiating hasn't been terrific.

It won't be a crew form either the CAA or MEAC because they assign "neutral" crews. Most likely choice based on geography is a Patriot League crew. At the Tub, we often see MEAC crews when the Hens meet a Patriot team in the playoffs.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 09:32 AM
I like Delaware State's chances in this gam. I don't mean to bash my CAA brethren, but I've watched three Delaware games this season and saw a beatable team three times. Delaware let a far inferior Villanova team beat them in the last quarter with, potentially, their playoff lives on the line. They had beaten no one and got trounced by UNH until UNH moved into the prevent midway through the fourth. They allowed 52 points to Navy (though they did win). Delaware's offense is potent, but if they slack at all, they could lose. I don't believe their defense is all that good (though who am I to say, UNH has an awful defense).

That said, Hampton gave UNH all they could handle..it took a miracle 4th down catch by Kackert to win it. Should be a great one.

Mountaineer#96
November 20th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I have nothing against either team, but I really think ESPN blew it and is wasting a TV slot. The race card crap needs to go somewhere else. Although I can see the great story lines and ammo for a BCS playoff, since the FCS playoffs made this match up happen.

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I've watched three Delaware games this season and saw a beatable team three times...
FWIW, sounds like you saw two games the Hens lost and a game against the #1 rushing team in I-A (by 60 yards per game). Flacco's two worst games were UNH and Villanova. Not saying the Hens are unbeatable, but if all you saw were those three, you would think they are a very mediocre team.

Oldhen
November 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I've watched three Delaware games this season and saw a beatable team three times.

Me too. In fact I saw them get beat three times, so I guess that's evidence they were beatable.

UD plays at the top of their game, they can play with anybody. Problem is, they're very erratic, and some parts go missing now and then.

HensRock
November 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Delaware has been 0-1 against Grambling for 30 years. But Delaware won't reschedule Grambling because Delaware is racist. xnodx xnodx xnodx

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Heh, admittedly, I've seen them at their worst. With that said, I'm not sure it's fair to take much from their first five games, as they didn't play anyone. They have impressive wins over JMU and @Navy, and I didn't see the JMU game so it's hard to say. I was very confused as to why Delaware played so conservatively against UNH. Neither Cuff nor Flacco were very good, and I had no idea why. Anyone know?

andy7171
November 20th, 2007, 10:13 AM
The two game slide is the only thing that Delaware fans need to be concerned about. How this team recovers and collects itself on a short week is priority one. Because Del State is flying high and will be ready to play. Statistically, everything on paper point to a Delaware blowout, but this game will be decided on where the Blue Hen players minds are and how focused the coaches can get them. Being the day after thanksgiving is rough. Del State has NOTHING to lose. This game will be closer than it should be.

Just my opinion.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM
The two game slide is the only thing that Delaware fans need to be concerned about. How this team recovers and collects itself on a short week is priority one. Because Del State is flying high and will be ready to play. Statistically, everything on paper point to a Delaware blowout, but this game will be decided on where the Blue Hen players minds are and how focused the coaches can get them. Being the day after thanksgiving is rough. Del State has NOTHING to lose. This game will be closer than it should be.

Just my opinion.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Oldhen
November 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I was very confused as to why Delaware played so conservatively against UNH. Neither Cuff nor Flacco were very good, and I had no idea why. Anyone know?

Very bad gameplan by our OC. Flacco was also off target in the first half. Biggest problem IMHO was UNH's intensity on D. They absolutely brought it, and had our O back on its heels.

We played well in the loss to Richmond. We stunk up the Main Line against 'Nova... absolutley the worst game day coaching I've seen since Keeler came back (and frankly, there's a long list of stinkers to choose from). Credit to Talley and his players and staff though. They went for broke and we never adjusted to their schemes on O or D. They'll be quite good next year.

Oldhen
November 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
... this game will be decided on where the Blue Hen players minds are and how focused the coaches can get them.

That, and poor LB play, is largely the story of our season. It's been full of unexplained lapses in concentration/execution. First half at UNH and the whole game against Nova were the worst, but there have been other similar stretches in games we had well in hand.

I've said it before every tough game we had... it'll all come down to who shows up for UD and who doesn't. We play to our potential, it'll be over early. we play something less, it'll be close and decided late.

HensRock
November 20th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Just my opinion.

The Hens have been learning how to lose for the past 2 weeks. That concerns me a LOT! That and the fact that DSU wants it more.

89Hen
November 20th, 2007, 10:40 AM

Just my opinion.
FWIW, I don't count the UR loss as part of a slide. They convert a 23 yard FG in OT and it's a Hens win. That game was a tie. xsmiley_wix

I do agree about DSU... they will be pumped. The Hens will need to come out and smoke them from the opening KO like they did to SIU and UNI in 2003 and PSU and LU in 2000. Those games were all over by halftime.

Blue Hen Nation
November 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
It's now time for the coaching staff to do what good coaches do: M O T I V A T E!

ChickenMan
November 20th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Delaware by 17+... xnodx

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 11:14 AM
If we're making predictions, I'm going to be a DSU fan (after all, UNH's only shot at a home game is a DSU win ;)) and pick them to win by 3!

UDBlueLotFan
November 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Agree, DSU is pumped for the game. I'm concerned that KC will have the players too relaxed. KC was quoted, I believe in today's NJ, as saying the "team was too pumped up for the Nova game because they're our rival" That, this was the reason why they didn't execute?...huh?

UDBlueLotFan
November 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Here's the exact quote from KC. xrulesx

"This is going to sound crazy, but we played with too much emotion offensively," Keeler said. "You can see we're throwing our bodies around offensively, our technique is bad, our mechanics are bad, just the fundamentals we've been working with all year. ... It kind of went out the window because of the emotion of playing in a rivalry game and knowing you can lock up your [playoff] spot.

"We will not play like that ever again offensively. I just think there's too much senior leadership there. I think they learned from that poor performance."

He should have said, "I will not allow another game plan be called like the one tonight."

FightinBluHen51
November 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
HOLY COW. It takes an act of God and a UD/DSU game to get 51 to come out from hiding! xlolx Where the hell have you been?! xeyebrowx xthumbsupx
Actually, I've been around, just been busy. I stopped by mid season and asked how the old tarts were doing.

Seriously though, acts of God happen much more frequently, this is more like an act of Congress (which the NCAA is, effectively).

FightinBluHen51
November 20th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I like Delaware State's chances in this gam. I don't mean to bash my CAA brethren, but I've watched three Delaware games this season and saw a beatable team three times. Delaware let a far inferior Villanova team beat them in the last quarter with, potentially, their playoff lives on the line. They had beaten no one and got trounced by UNH until UNH moved into the prevent midway through the fourth. They allowed 52 points to Navy (though they did win). Delaware's offense is potent, but if they slack at all, they could lose. I don't believe their defense is all that good (though who am I to say, UNH has an awful defense).

That said, Hampton gave UNH all they could handle..it took a miracle 4th down catch by Kackert to win it. Should be a great one.
Good old Captin Kirk and his unimaginative playcalling seem to be better than most prevent defenses at stoping us (drooling sarcasim implied).

Actually, after the Nova game, I'm impressed that we could hold someone from the CAA under 20 points. Fact is, the defense did actually do it's job, the offense didn't. In our league, when you only give up one touchdown and a few field goals, you should win.

Wild McGuirk
November 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
It won't be a crew form either the CAA or MEAC because they assign "neutral" crews. Most likely choice based on geography is a Patriot League crew. At the Tub, we often see MEAC crews when the Hens meet a Patriot team in the playoffs.

CAA, PL, and Ivy crews are the same officials, so the crew won't be from that board or whoever works DSU's conference. The board that works CAA and PL has crews at McNeese and SIU in round 1.

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Delaware has been 0-1 against Grambling for 30 years. But Delaware won't reschedule Grambling because Delaware is racist. xnodx xnodx xnodx

xlolx

We Know already!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

just kidding.

But hey, if you handle your business in the games that you play, you won't have to worry about being 0-1.

R.A.
November 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM
CAA, PL, and Ivy crews are the same officials, so the crew won't be from that board or whoever works DSU's conference. The board that works CAA and PL has crews at McNeese and SIU in round 1.

What?? No MEAC Refs???xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Del State's really going to win now!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
If we're making predictions, I'm going to be a DSU fan (after all, UNH's only shot at a home game is a DSU win ;)) and pick them to win by 3!

PG for 3 with 3 left in regulation!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
What?? No MEAC Refs???xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Del State's really going to win now!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

xnodx

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 07:59 AM
Hey Hornet, did you get your mohawk?

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/SPORTS08/711210375

andy7171
November 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hey Hornet, did you get your mohawk?

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/SPORTS08/711210375

I'm going to assume this didn't go over very well with the guys with dreds.

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 08:04 AM
I'm going to assume this didn't go over very well with the guys with dreds.
It did say many, not all. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 08:06 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/graphics/sports/uddsu_banner.jpg

andy7171
November 21st, 2007, 08:06 AM
It did say many, not all. xsmiley_wix

Yeah it also said it was the o-line that started it. We shave our heads at the drop of a hat! xnodx

Spider
November 21st, 2007, 08:15 AM
FWIW, I don't count the UR loss as part of a slide. They convert a 23 yard FG in OT and it's a Hens win. That game was a tie. xsmiley_wix

But they didn't! Check the score! We won that game in regulation and then beat you again in overtime....

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 08:16 AM
We won that game in regulation
Now who's in denial? :p

BlueHen86
November 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM
But they didn't! Check the score! We won that game in regulation and then beat you again in overtime....

xnonox

Quit crying about it. You won fair and square, but you didn't win 'twice'.
Good luck this weekend.xthumbsupx

LacesOut
November 21st, 2007, 08:19 AM

Yep. You guys won that game 38-31. Congrats!

Now win again this weekend!

FightinBluHen51
November 21st, 2007, 09:43 AM
Please...

ChickenMan
November 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM

I was at the game.. ANYONE who says they know conclusively that the last second TD was scored before or after time ran out is being less than truthful. It appeared to me that the call could have gone either way.. but in any case it was SO close.. no matter how the officals ruled.. one side or the other was going to bitch and complain.

Jaxhen
November 21st, 2007, 10:56 AM

The official game time is kept on the field, so unless you were standing right next to the official, how in the heck would you know for sure? The officials ruled it a TD [END OF STORY]

YouDee1
November 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM
"The exciting thing for me is, the defense played outstanding football except for maybe one series in the fourth quarter [at Villanova]," Keeler said. "And our offense isn't going to play like that again. That wasn't the offense I remember having. And it won't be the offense we have next week.

"Yeah, I think we're capable of beating anybody. I think that's the way this whole tournament is set up. That's why it's so exciting, because there's very little difference between team one and 16 sometimes. You can never can tell where teams are going to fall in. Sometimes it's match-ups. In 2003, we got great match-ups, just the way the thing unfolded, and we dominated." -KC Keeler

what do you think? anybody? Even UNI? I hope he's right!xthumbsupx

BlueHenBoy
November 21st, 2007, 05:19 PM
Having momentum is absolute nonsense, did anyone watch the World Series?

DSUHornet
November 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
40 hours....

Ud1Hens
November 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Does anyone (UD or DSU fan) actually care about Thanksgiving at all this year? I just see it as an annoying event before the important one...

AAadict
November 21st, 2007, 07:56 PM
looking for a few DSU fans to join our tailgate @ Delaware. We start at 11am in the Blue Lot about 50 yrds from the east side (main entrance). If you want to tailgate with about 10 hens fans who drink a few beers and talk FCS football just let me know and I will send details. We obviously follow the Hens but we root for DSU when we are not playing them. Which is every game in history except Friday's.

ASUMountaineer
November 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Looking forward to watching the game.

BlueHenBoy
November 21st, 2007, 08:42 PM
I care about Thanksgiving. But having to wait for this game to come seems like forever. It's porbably the most anticipated game ever for me.

89Hen
November 21st, 2007, 09:06 PM
Looking forward to a great Turkey Day and even better day after. I'm finally starting to feel that the Hens are going to take care of business in a BIG way Friday. xthumbsupx

AAadict
November 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Most anticipated game I ever saw was in Chattanooga 2003 w/ "duh" Hen's vs. Colgate...worst football game I ever saw was in Chattanooga in 2003. West Chester looked good compaired to Colgate that year. Colgate fans were 100 miles up I75 when the Hen's won the title.

BlueHen86
November 21st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Most anticipated game I ever saw was in Chattanooga 2003 w/ "duh" Hen's vs. Colgate...worst football game I ever saw was in Chattanooga in 2003. West Chester looked good compaired to Colgate that year. Colgate fans were 100 miles up I75 when the Hen's won the title.
I was actually cheering for Colgate in the second half, I wanted to see a game.

DSUHornet
November 22nd, 2007, 12:22 AM
looking for a few DSU fans to join our tailgate @ Delaware. We start at 11am in the Blue Lot about 50 yrds from the east side (main entrance). If you want to tailgate with about 10 hens fans who drink a few beers and talk FCS football just let me know and I will send details. We obviously follow the Hens but we root for DSU when we are not playing them. Which is every game in history except Friday's.

xpeacex

RadMann
November 22nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
Comments by a former UD player who went on to a successful coaching tenure at DSU on the game:

http://www.newszap.com/articles/2007/11/21/dm/central_delaware/sports/dsnspt01.txt

R.A.
November 22nd, 2007, 07:03 AM
Does anyone (UD or DSU fan) actually care about Thanksgiving at all this year? I just see it as an annoying event before the important one...

xlolx

Sounds about right.

RadMann
November 22nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Today's articles on the game including the first one from The Sporting News:

Some hope Delaware-Delaware State game leads to rivalry (Sporting News):
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=308233

First State showdown: Little change at DSU (Del State News):
http://www.newszap.com/articles/2007/11/20/dm/central_delaware/sports/dsnspt01.txt

Hens' Talley expected to play, but not start (News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS07/711220366

On Friday, a game to be thankful for (News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/NEWS/711220337/1006/NEWS

DSU finds all it needs in Winton (News Journal):
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS08/711220359/1002/SPORTS

UNI Pike
November 22nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Hey Hornet, did you get your Mohawk?

The article indicated that there were quite a few tickets still available to the game - is that accurate? With the hype, I thought it would have been a bigger draw, or is ESPN siphoning off sales?

UDChE89
November 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
The article indicated that there were quite a few tickets still available to the game - is that accurate? With the hype, I thought it would have been a bigger draw, or is ESPN siphoning off sales?

That's likely the case since the season ticket holders had until yesterday to buy theirs. I expect there will probably be a lot of walkup sales.

matboz
November 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM

Any interest hanging out with a few panther fans? Got our tickets to the game and currently have no tailgating plans ...

YoUDeeMan
November 22nd, 2007, 01:36 PM

Huh? xconfusedx

Nice priorities. xrolleyesx xwhistlex

Ud1Hens
November 22nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Huh? xconfusedx

Nice priorities. xrolleyesx xwhistlex

Wow, simply wow...I was hinting towards how excited I was for the game and that another day between then and now is killing me. It just happens to be Thanksgiving, of course I am going to spend it with my family I just want gameday to be here. Way to call me out on my priorities though, thanks. Can anyone take a joke?

RadMann
November 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Game Notes from UD:

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/fbnotes07-delstate2.pdf

AAadict
November 22nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Matboz-got your message and it would be cool to talk FCS with some UNI fans (if we beat DSU we are planning to go to UNI pending outcome in Iowa this week). My cell 443-945-0918 & name is Scott. If you call I can give you directions to our tailgate. All you have to bring is beverage. My dinner is done and you can call for details. I cannot wait until kickoff. Still would like to invite a couple DSU fans to talk about your season and maybe talk a little "smack" just for the fun of it.

JayJ79
November 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
I was doing some research on DSU, and happened to notice this on their website (http://www.desu.edu/future_students_at_a_glance.php):

The university fields NCAA Division I-AA teams in men and women’s basketball, football, baseball, softball, track and field, tennis, wrestling, volleyball, soccer, equestrian, and bowling.

Now calling football I-AA (instead of the new FCS nomenclature) isn't that unusual. But I didn't know they had I-AA equestrian and bowling (or basketball, baseball, softball, track, tennis, wrestling, volleyball, or soccer).

RadMann
November 22nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
That's a major boo boo. FBS (formerly I-A) fans used to make that error often (assuming that if a school played I-AA football that all of their sports were "I-AA". As everyone here knows, only football gets the I-AA/FCS vs. I-A/FBS distinction. All other sports at the school are just "division I".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnaxeEyHw80

GannonFan
November 22nd, 2007, 11:53 PM

Come on, the game's going to have over 20,000 there, and that will be an all-time playoff record for UD (well, there have been undereported ones before). The place only sits 22k so give us a break if we come just shy of the sellout. I'm not sure Montana or Appy will even top our attendance this weekend - no shame in having potentially the highest attendance of the weekend.

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
Come on, the game's going to have over 20,000 there, and that will be an all-time playoff record for UD (well, there have been undereported ones before). The place only sits 22k so give us a break if we come just shy of the sellout. I'm not sure Montana or Appy will even top our attendance this weekend - no shame in having potentially the highest attendance of the weekend.

This game is proving to be a huge draw. If it were played on Friday night or Saturday, it would undoubtedly be a sellout. I guess ESPN knew what they were doing.

GO HENS!!!

Monarch History
November 23rd, 2007, 08:58 AM
Only a few hours until we know who has bragging rites in Delaware. xnodx

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:53 PM
I don't know the announced attendance, but it was by FAR the most packed I've ever seen it for a playoff game. I'd say 20k and change. xthumbsupx

SunCoastBlueHen
November 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
I don't know the announced attendance, but it was by FAR the most packed I've ever seen it for a playoff game. I'd say 20k and change. xthumbsupx

The announced attendance was only 19.7K. But my dad, who was at the game, said it was as packed and traffic was as bad as any "sellout" he has ever attended. There are theories about attendance figures being down played so as not to have to have give as much % gate to the NCAA. I actually don't know how much truth there is to that...

89Hen
November 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
The announced attendance was only 19.7K. But my dad, who was at the game, said it was as packed and traffic was as bad as any "sellout" he has ever attended. There are theories about attendance figures being down played so as not to have to have give as much % gate to the NCAA. I actually don't know how much truth there is to that...
19,700 sounds pretty close to accurate. The one funny/odd thing was they were turning cars away from the overflow field lot behind the softball diamond. I ALWAYS park there and we normally arrive 15 minutes before kickoff. Today we were an hour early because of fear of lines at the Will Call. I got redirected back toward 896 and I ended up parking in the ice arena lot (actually much closer than normal). When I asked the guy collecting money why the other lot was closed he said, "because we're going to be close to a sellout today". Of course I relpied "Uh, we're close to sellout EVERY game." xconfusedx xconfusedx