PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire @ Northern Iowa

Pages : [1] 2

BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Discuss

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Congrats to the Wildcats becoming the first CAA team to ever make it to the playoffs for four consecutive seasons.

Atleast one more game to go for Ricky Santos and company xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Enjoy the last game with Santos.

R.A.
November 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
WTF!?!!?

Sike, Congrats.

89Hen
November 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
All Hen fans will be rooting for you BIG time. xnodx xnodx

GO UNH! GO UNH! GO UNH!

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2007, 02:43 PM
You mean one last game.

UNI is gonna roll through the bracket.

UNHWildCats
Revenge on 2005 when UNH was #1. Im expecting a great game and a huge upset by UNH is very possible.

Purple For Life
Did anyone catch what time Saturday that will be?

strike00
November 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
congrats UNH. Should be a great game. looking forward to seeing you in the dome!xthumbsupx

slycat
November 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM
congrats UNH. yall got lucky and slipped in. 2005 rematch.

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Man am I eating crow right now...... Congrats to the CATS....:-)

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
UNH certainly got lucky, but it appears the committee agrees with me that everyone beyond 'Nova wasn't deserving. I'm almost shocked that 'Nova didn't make it.

gsugt1
November 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM
BS !! That UNH gets in.

agsadmin
Just so everyone knows, I merged the three UNH threads. We need to try to keep each match-up to one thread for today. xpeacex

danefan
Congrats UNH!

I'm glad the committee went with the strongest team regardless of conference.

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Another gun-slinging QB in the first round (just like Meyer from EWU in 2005).

Go Panthers!

UNHWildcats are you going to the game?

Anovafan
November 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Wild pick by the committee. Just heard from a source it came down to UNH and Nova for the last spot. Umass AD who ran the committee got UNH in. Santos was the deciding factor, and the fact that Nova doesn't have a premier QB. Wow, 5 teams from the CAA.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 03:14 PM

You wanna come play us in the Dome or somethin'? xsmiley_wix

eaglewraith
November 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Wild pick by the committee. Just heard from a source it came down to UNH and Nova for the last spot. Umass AD who ran the committee got UNH in. Santos was the deciding factor, and the fact that Nova doesn't have a premier QB. Wow, 5 teams from the CAA.

Ha...imagine that...no bias there at all.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Wow, 5 teams from the CAA.
And three qtr final guarantee games. the Chair did his job well for the CAAxbowx

Anovafan
November 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ha...imagine that...no bias there at all.

No bias, I am just reporting what I heard first hand from a source pretty high up. You can choose to believe me or not. Personally, I don't think either UNH or Nova should have gotten in. The UNH selection opens up too many arguments for other 7-4 teams.

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 03:29 PM
does anyone think UNI may have gotten screwed here.... #1 seed and you gotta face UNH? I thought UNH would get in but never thought we would get UNI in the first round. Sure UNH was the last team in, but there still one of the more dangerous teams with their offense. I would have expected UNI to get Eastern Washington or Eastern Illinois.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
THANK YOU, UMASS AD. I'M TIRED OF LOSING TO YOUR TEAM, THOUGH!

I'm obviously blinded by how excited I am about being in the playoffs, but in looking ahead, this does not look like a good matchup for UNH. It would have been preferable to have another offensive minded team for a shootout, as I don't think UNH can stop UNI, but I do think that UNI can stop UNH. We'll see!

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 03:31 PM

You wanna come play us in the Dome or somethin'? xsmiley_wix

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Another gun-slinging QB in the first round (just like Meyer from EWU in 2005).

Go Panthers!

UNHWildcats are you going to the game?
wish I could but nope xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I'm listening to the CSN Waves broadcast, and the commissioner said it himself..the reason that UNH got in was because of their FBS win and their strength of schedule. For those who continue to say that Marshall was not a quality win, you may want to take notice: all FBS wins are quality.

rcny46
November 18th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I think UNH can expect "a whole lot of blitzing." I sure wish they weren't so depleted in the O line,including their best pass blocker.

D1B
November 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM
does anyone think UNI may have gotten screwed here.... #1 seed and you gotta face UNH? I thought UNH would get in but never thought we would get UNI in the first round. Sure UNH was the last team in, but there still one of the more dangerous teams with their offense. I would have expected UNI to get Eastern Washington or Eastern Illinois.

My thoughts exactly. SIU should be playing UNH and UNI should be playing EIU. Southern will beat the living piss out of Eastern. UNH will be a very tough game for the Panthers.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. SIU should be playing UNH and UNI should be playing EIU. Southern will beat the living piss out of Eastern. UNH will be a very tough game for the Panthers.

I think they will be very disciplined and focused for this game. Here's a quote from Panther Nation from someone who went to the official selection show on the Hill:

....It was full and a ton of players and coaches. You couldn't find a seat in the entire place. KCRG, KWWL and KGAN were all there. (PFL note: the three local TV stations) Everything was cool until the announcer picked Montana to win it all. (PFL note: yeah, that pissed me off too!) The players were going to get together around 4pm today to discuss UNH and will look at film on Monday. The players I talked to are very focused and know what they need to do. They will not look past this team and are ready for the next step of their journey.

So there you go. We are on break all this week from classes so I think they will have plenty of time to get ready for this one!

RadMann
November 18th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Congrats to UNH and UNI. I'll be pulling for UNH in this one. Go CAA!

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Congrats to UNH and UNI. I'll be pulling for UNH in this one. Go CAA!
I think anyone whos not a gateway fan will be rooting for UNH, if only to get UNI out of there rooting interests way for the remainder of the playoffs :p

WildcatFan
November 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
congrats UNH. Should be a great game. looking forward to seeing you in the dome!xthumbsupx

Thank you!!!! This fan is just excited to be taking another road trip this year. Cannot wait to see the dome.

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Thank you!!!! This fan is just excited to be taking another road trip this year. Cannot wait to see the dome.

I think you'll be impressed! You should also poke your head next door and take a look at the McLeod Center--it's a thing of beauty as well! We've got some top notch athletic facilities here at UNI. xthumbsupx

charliej
November 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
I wonder if the possibilty of meeting UNH or Nova again in the playoffs influenced UMass AD's decision.:D

WildcatFan
November 18th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I think you'll be impressed! You should also poke your head next door and take a look at the McLeod Center--it's a thing of beauty as well! We've got some top notch athletic facilities here at UNI. xthumbsupx
I am planning on touring the entire campus so I definitely will check it out. Thanks.

BigApp
November 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM

if this is true, and on the surface it certainly appears so, that's pathetic.

Pantherpower
November 18th, 2007, 05:20 PM
if this is true, and on the surface it certainly appears so, that's pathetic.

Agree 100%, BigApp. If true, it's taking subjectivity to a whole new level. UNH has to feel like they have a new lease on life with that gift.

Roaming Gnome
November 18th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Can someone post the web address for the UNH message board?

UNHFan99
November 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Most UNH fans I know only post on AGS. All the trash talk will have to be on here Roaming Gnome

UNHWILDCATS might have a UNH message board though.

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Can someone post the web address for the UNH message board?

http://unhwildcats.proboards74.com/index.cgi

Roaming Gnome
November 18th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info, 99. I hate to burst your bubble, but there will be no smack from me. I'm just a reader.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I don't think that message board is very highly populated. Most of us post here, in general. I look forward to the matchup, and hopefully we can keep this discussion friendly. :) (Alot of us UNH fans harbor some contempt from 2005 :()

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hopefully several Wildcat fans can make the trip to Cedar Falls. I think you will like our campus and the Dome!

WildCatFan, hope you have a fun time!

Good luck to both team, and GO PANTHERS!

bcrawf
November 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Come on out for some sweet tailgating UNH fans...

We are planning on starting nice and early. Should be a great day and the kick isn't until 6:30 CST...

UNHWildCats
November 18th, 2007, 05:54 PM
http://unhwildcats.proboards74.com/index.cgi?board=unhanda10football&action=display&thread=1195427508

Three people have posted on a poll thread asking who will win the UNI/UNH game. Me and two UNI fans. 2 people voted UNH would win :P I wonder if one of them UNI fans has doubts about there purple pansies...err panthers :D

Purple For Life
November 18th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I am planning on touring the entire campus so I definitely will check it out. Thanks.

This will give you a nice heads up on the buildings on campus. It's a fairly compact campus so you should be able to get around pretty well here.

http://www.library.uni.edu/speccoll/unifacts.html#Build

NZNCRZY
November 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Man am I eating crow right now...... Congrats to the CATS....:-)

A lot of us are eating crow right now. Good luck Cats

UDBlueLotFan
November 18th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Good luck Ricky and the Catsxthumbsupx You win and first beer is on me at the Tub the following wkxsmiley_wix

Chi Panther
November 18th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Good luck Ricky and the Catsxthumbsupx You win and first beer is on me at the Tub the following wkxsmiley_wix

Panthers and Hornets has a nice ring....xsmiley_wix

UNH SUPERFAN
November 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I like our chances in a dome, I think our team (offense) is built for good weather and obviously we'll have that there.

What city (and airport) is UNI near? Just wondering where to fly into. Also does your field have a panther logo on it at mid-field?

UDBlueLotFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Hornets?...whose that? Didn't you see we got granted a bye the 1st Rd.xlolx

Chi Panther
November 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I like our chances in a dome, I think our team (offense) is built for good weather and obviously we'll have that there.

What city (and airport) is UNI near? Just wondering where to fly into. Also does your field have a panther logo on it at mid-field?

Waterloo, IA is 10 minutes at most to the UNI-DOME
Cedar Rapids, IA is about 70 mins to the UNI-DOME
Des Moines, IA is about 2 hours to the UNI-DOME
Quad-Cities is about 2.5 hours to the UNI-DOME
Minneapolis-StPaul, MN is about 3.5Hours to the UNI-DOme

http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/unidome/images/virtual_tour/misc/large/6.jpg

JayJ79
November 18th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Waterloo Airport (ALO) is 10 minutes away (same metro area)
Eastern Iowa/Cedar Rapids airport (CID) is about an hour away.
Des Moines airport (DSM) is a little over 2 hours away.
Minneapolis (MSP) is 3-4 hours away.

Easiest would be the Waterloo airport, but fares into there might be slightly higher.

UDBlueLotFan
November 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
3 hour flight from Boston to Cedar Rapids on American. 1.5 hour flight C.R. to grass strip on crop-duster:p sorry, let me find my Ho'net thread.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cedar Rapids is the largest city and largest airport in Eastern Iowa. Since the airport is on the southern city of the metro area, it would be a little over an hour drive from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls. It's not a bad drive either. I would say that would be the cheapest, and best choice.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hopefully several Wildcat fans can make the trip to Cedar Falls. I think you will like our campus and the Dome!

WildCatFan, hope you have a fun time!

Good luck to both team, and GO PANTHERS!

Can't wait for Saturday... just booked our flights, hotel and car. Because of a family commitment on Sunday we have to be back in NH early on Sunday and as a result, the times we could fly were very limited - especially with a limited budget. So, we are flying into Chicago (always cheap flights from manchester to chicago through southwest), renting a car and driving the last 5 hours to Cedar Falls... Sooo excited!!! Few questions for you UNI fans.

1. What is the tailgating situation like? (i.e. where is it, pay to park, how early can you start... that kind of stuff

2. Any good recommendations for places to go or must sees in Cedar Falls, especially any good sports bars or restaurants.

Thanks in advance!!

Cobblestone
November 18th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Go UNH! Do the CAA proud. I know we didn't.

Ronin
November 18th, 2007, 07:40 PM

Yes, but it won't make a difference for UNI.... NH has a Sagarin rating of 17 which places them as an 11th seed in my opinion. The following teams all ranked lower Del St, EIU, Fordham, EWU and EKU.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Can't wait for Saturday... just booked our flights, hotel and car. Because of a family commitment on Sunday we have to be back in NH early on Sunday and as a result, the times we could fly were very limited - especially with a limited budget. So, we are flying into Chicago (always cheap flights from manchester to chicago through southwest), renting a car and driving the last 5 hours to Cedar Falls... Sooo excited!!! Few questions for you UNI fans.

1. What is the tailgating situation like? (i.e. where is it, pay to park, how early can you start... that kind of stuff

2. Any good recommendations for places to go or must sees in Cedar Falls, especially any good sports bars or restaurants.

Thanks in advance!!

Tailgating is basically free, in the parking lots around the Dome. There are three big lots, one to the side of the McLeod Center, one behind the UNI-Dome, and one to the side of the Wellness Recreation Center (all three facilities are connected) so any one of those large lots are where most people gather. These lots will all be on the west side of Hudson Road (the main road in front of the Dome). People usually start a couple hours before hand (or even more on big games), but due to it getting very cold up here now, I'm not sure when people will make their way out. Turnout hasn't been great the last two games, but that may be due to poor competition (Indiana State and Southern Utah).

For good sports bars, I recommend Beck's which is on The Hill (adjacent to UNI's campus). Pepper's is also extremely good. Can't go wrong with either of them. Other than that, University Drive in Cedar Falls has all the chain restaurants, mall, etc. that is standard.

Grizaholic17
November 18th, 2007, 07:50 PM
good luck to both teams. It will be interesting to see who wins and by how much. The first round is always a good measuring stick for the rest of the playoffs....obviously. Have to say that I hope UNI wins, since UNH was lucky to get in! Good luck guys!

SunCoastBlueHen
November 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I hate to look ahead and discount DSU, but I think this game may be a measuring stick as to how the Hens may match up to UNI in the second round should the Panthers beat UNH. I'll be paying very close attention to this one.

newsbreaker
November 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
You'll be looking at a good 4 1/2 - 5 hours from Chicago to CF.

Assuming you're flying into Midway, I don't which way is faster, north or south. We go to Chicago from Cedar Falls fairly regularly, and from downtown the fastest route is 90/94 North out of downtown, following 90 out past O'Hare and towards Rockford. Right at Rockford, you get on US-20 West all the way to CF. The hour from Rockford to Galena, Il is a HORRIBLE 2-lane road, but after that it's 4-lanes through Dubuque and to Cedar Falls, and is a very easy drive.

You can go south on I-88 to I-80 through the Quad Cities to Iowa City, then north on I-380, but I have always found that about a half-hour longer, though it's 4-lane interstate the whole way.

I think you'll be impressed with our facility (though I don't think you'll like it very much xnonox ). It should be a fun night!

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM

Good luck to the Panthers on Saturday. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:11 PM
All Hen fans will be rooting for you BIG time. xnodx xnodx

GO UNH! GO UNH! GO UNH!

Why, wanna be at home again next week? :D

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Sure UNH was the last team in, but there still one of the more dangerous teams with their offense. I would have expected UNI to get Eastern Washington or Eastern Illinois.

I'd rather see UNH than EWU right now. I wanted EIU.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think UNH can expect "a whole lot of blitzing." I sure wish they weren't so depleted in the O line,including their best pass blocker.

Yeah, if UNI gets in the backfield it could be a bad day.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I think anyone whos not a gateway fan will be rooting for UNH, if only to get UNI out of there rooting interests way for the remainder of the playoffs :p

haha. definitely.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM

Make sure you send me a PM if you want to meet up on Fri or Sat. Would love to show some UNH fans some hospitality while they are in town.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Well, if UNH is going to play well and potentially win, UNH is damn sure going to pull for DSU to win, on the minute chance they might get a home game! heh. THAT'S LOOKING WAY AHEAD, though!

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Do you expect tickets to be available for this game? I may consider making the trek myself.

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Oh, and if UNI is going to blitz, I sure hope UNH runs a ton of screens, since I'm not sure we're capable of blocking them without the blitz. Kackert should play an enormous role in this game.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Panthers and Hornets has a nice ring....xsmiley_wix

I look forward to seeing either Delaware team in the Dome. First things first though.

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Nope, it's an old NI. Feel free to jump on it. ;)

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Do you expect tickets to be available for this game? I may consider making the trek myself.

yes

santosballnewhampshire
November 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
i'm glad to know there is a logo on mid-field bc/ I still remember things that happened two years ago.......... lets not forget the scenaro this time its kind of a flip flop

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 08:34 PM
i'm glad to know there is a logo on mid-field bc/ I still remember things that happened two years ago.......... lets not forget the scenaro this time its kind of a flip flop

No one has forgotten. Also keep in mind that any players who were purposely jumping on the logo and not just celebrating were taken to the lockerroom by assistant coaches. xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
You know, I was there, and I don't recall that. I must not have thought it was all that egregious at the time. I do recall shamelessly yelling at a TE that had a pony-tail, though, which is ironic considering, pony-tail or not, he could've destroyed me in about two seconds.

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM

And let's not forget the behavior of your fans in 2005, bud. We're much nicer.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM

Buy them from UNH
Ticket info at the bottom (http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cfm?id=CA1D6500-9C14-9F72-F17E60B7B6771786&pid=551438F7-A750-8CBC-A550A7BC3CB7A0A3&archive=0)

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
You know, I was there, and I don't recall that. I must not have thought it was all that egregious at the time. I do recall shamelessly yelling at a TE that had a pony-tail, though, which is ironic considering, pony-tail or not, he could've destroyed me in about two seconds.

Yeah, I was on the field. I was not a player or coach. Farley grabbed a guy and threw him at an assistant and told him to take him to the lockerroom.

There were a lot of weird incidents that weekend in New Hampshire. Some were good, some were bad. I'm sure people on both sides came out with a bad taste in their mouth. I had some people treat me pretty badly, but I chose to remember the great UNH fans, players, and coaches we met.xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
And let's not forget the behavior of your fans in 2005, bud. We're much nicer.

They also had some GREAT fans.

GeeWiz
November 18th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Wow, big congrats to UNH for getting in the dance! xthumbsupx

I thought your loss to us and UMass doomed you - but take advantage of you're new lease on life so-to-speak.

UNI will be tough to win at. I've watched a few of their games on Fox Sports and that team has a HUGE O-line, so if you think we pushed you around wait 'till you get a load of them.

Glad to see Santos get one more dance chance!

BTW UNI fans, isn't UNI where Kurt Warner starred? If so I remember the playoff loss at Boston U. What a bizrarre twist to that game. xoopsx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
BTW UNI fans, isn't UNI where Kurt Warner starred? If so I remember the playoff loss at Boston U. What a bizrarre twist to that game. xoopsx

Yes and Yes. Crazy end to that game. I was watching video from it about a month ago.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM

I think Santos is going to be frustraed by the amount of time the UNH offense is on the sideline, like WIU.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I think Santos is going to be frustraed by the amount of time the UNH offense is on the sideline, like WIU.
I think UNH is going to have a lot more trouble with the UNI D than UNI will have with the UNH D.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 09:43 PM
The Dome sure provides good weather. It also provides lots of noise for our opponent. Noise that I'm pretty positive UNH has not faced in recent years.

skinny_uncle
November 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
The Dome sure provides good weather. It also provides lots of noise for our opponent. Noise that I'm pretty positive UNH has not faced in recent years.

Yep.
Think Montana with a roof.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
It's not "pretty sure" that UNI won't have a problem with UNH's defense. It's "DEFINITELY". UNH's defense, to be nice, is terrible. We play a glorifired nickel at almost all times, and we're without our best DT. I think the turf will help our small defense, but our CBs are smurfs and our DL generates absolutely no pass rush. To me, our best players this season have been FS Jeff Pammer, SS/LB Hugo Souza and LB Husain Karim. Those are the three making the big plays right now. UNI will have to make some mistakes for UNH to have a shot, as I don't think our defense is capable of making the big play.

crunifan
November 18th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yep.

I'll add that it is a metal roof. I think it provides better acoustics for our game than with a silly fabric roof. xnodx

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Yep.

More like Montana after the roof.

Chi Panther
November 18th, 2007, 10:25 PM
You'll be looking at a good 4 1/2 - 5 hours from Chicago to CF.

Assuming you're flying into Midway, I don't which way is faster, north or south. We go to Chicago from Cedar Falls fairly regularly, and from downtown the fastest route is 90/94 North out of downtown, following 90 out past O'Hare and towards Rockford. Right at Rockford, you get on US-20 West all the way to CF. The hour from Rockford to Galena, Il is a HORRIBLE 2-lane road, but after that it's 4-lanes through Dubuque and to Cedar Falls, and is a very easy drive.

You can go south on I-88 to I-80 through the Quad Cities to Iowa City, then north on I-380, but I have always found that about a half-hour longer, though it's 4-lane interstate the whole way.

I think you'll be impressed with our facility (though I don't think you'll like it very much xnonox ). It should be a fun night!

Good Stuff News!!!

Since you are flying Southwest, you will fly into Midway and since that airport is south....you will definately want to take I88 to I80 via the quad cities and then north on I380. xthumbsupx

It would take an extra hour to get out of CHicago by trying to go through Rockford from Midway. However, if you were flying into O'hare....going through Rockford would be the route of choice. I used to live in Barrington and would get back to Cedar Falls in about 3hrs 45 mins after work on a Friday.

JCPanthers
November 18th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Thanks in advance!!
Glad you are making the trip. Cedar Falls is a great community and the campus facilities are awesome.

Tailgating supposedly starts 4 hours before kickoff....but they have bent the rules this year and we've been able to start well before that. There are lots to the north, south and west of the dome. However, the lot to the west is a donor lot. However, if you want a great place to park, they have been letting cars park in the grass field west of the West Lot. Our crew is usually in the west lot, so feel free to stop by and say hello. You will be treated much better than I was treated when I made the trip to NH in 05.xsmiley_wix

Here is a great link for you to use as you plan your trip to UNI.
http://www.uni.edu/resources/visit/index.shtml

As was already mentioned, Becks on the Hill (College street) is a great sports bar near campus. Peppers is another bar nearby campus on 18th street.

Looking forward to a great game....have a safe trip!!!

bcrawf
November 18th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I think we are going to start tailgating around noon on Saturday...

I just hope it isn't so damn windy this week. We will be in the lot to the SouthWest of the McLeod Center. ANY UNH fan feel free to stop by, you are MORE than welcome... Look for the UNI Flag with the Cubs 'W' Flag...

DOME
November 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Shameless Plug:
Any UNH fans that will be in town Friday night I'll be working at my old bar, Pump Haus. 311 N Main St Its a really good time if you like a good time and pretty coeds :) We have pretty good food too, kitchen is open until 11.

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:11 AM
It's not "pretty sure" that UNI won't have a problem with UNH's defense. It's "DEFINITELY". UNH's defense, to be nice, is terrible. We play a glorifired nickel at almost all times, and we're without our best DT. I think the turf will help our small defense, but our CBs are smurfs and our DL generates absolutely no pass rush. To me, our best players this season have been FS Jeff Pammer, SS/LB Hugo Souza and LB Husain Karim. Those are the three making the big plays right now. UNI will have to make some mistakes for UNH to have a shot, as I don't think our defense is capable of making the big play.

Better get change for your nickel because I doubt UNI will need to throw other than to pad Sanders' stats. This will be the UNI Priests vs. the UNH Altar Boys.

UNHFan99
November 19th, 2007, 06:24 AM
I think this UNH team will be loose and ready to go Saturday. Part of their problem was that they were putting to much pressure to win on themselves. Ricky is still the same player he has always been and although really banged up can still make something out of nothing. We will need him to have a good game. Something like 5 touchdowns (4 throwing and 1 Rushing) to have a shot. That is reasonable because its probably barely above his average. We may have snuck into the playoffs but the bottom line is that we are there and will be ready to play come saturday. Good luck to UNI. I still despise you after you snuck out of Durham with a win in 05, but then again thats exactly what we are planning do this weekend.

santosballnewhampshire
November 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM
first of all i've heard the dome isn't as loud as montana and second I dont expect there to be more then 16,000 bc of thanksgiving I will be at the game and I cannot wait to get eric sanders back for what he did to us in 2005

newsbreaker
November 19th, 2007, 07:37 AM
first of all i've heard the dome isn't as loud as montana and second I dont expect there to be more then 16,000 bc of thanksgiving I will be at the game and I cannot wait to get eric sanders back for what he did to us in 2005

You heard wrong. UNI has a huge advantage in that metal roof. People who have played at the loudest stadiums in college football (LSU, Ohio State, Tennessee, Iowa) say what when loud, UNI is louder.

Chi, Yahoo maps still says the faster route is the "northern" route through Rockford from Midway. The tollway isn't cheap, but I think its still probably faster (provided you don't get stuck behind something on 20 between Freeport and Galena.)

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Chi, Yahoo maps still says the faster route is the "northern" route through Rockford from Midway. The tollway isn't cheap, but I think its still probably faster (provided you don't get stuck behind something on 20 between Freeport and Galena.)

I always take 88 when I go to Chicago.........I can't stand the 2 lane portion of Hwy 20 east of Galena.

newsbreaker
November 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I always take 88 when I go to Chicago.........I can't stand the 2 lane portion of Hwy 20 east of Galena.

Boy, you couldn't pay me to go that way. The extra 30-45 minutes just isn't worth it to me.

Someday Galena will get it together and the 4-lane will be finished through there.

/hijack.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Good Stuff News!!!

Since you are flying Southwest, you will fly into Midway and since that airport is south....you will definately want to take I88 to I80 via the quad cities and then north on I380. xthumbsupx

It would take an extra hour to get out of CHicago by trying to go through Rockford from Midway. However, if you were flying into O'hare....going through Rockford would be the route of choice. I used to live in Barrington and would get back to Cedar Falls in about 3hrs 45 mins after work on a Friday.

Thanks for the tips!!!

UNHWILDCATS05
November 19th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know if UNH is getting a block of tickets. I just called the box office and they didn't think they were getting any.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I'm doing research on driving up from FL and Mapquest is directing me via US routes from north of St. Louis. Is that really faster than staying on Interstate highways in Illinois then going west on an Interstate into Iowa? I noticed the route went near Carbondale. What route do you take when you go to your game at Southern Illinois?

I've got to find a AAA office and get some maps that go a little further west!! xoopsx xlolx xlolx

newsbreaker
November 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I've never driven that route, however from STL north is what's called the "Avenue of the Saints"...it's a 4-lane highway system that connects St. Louis to St. Paul, and it runs right though Cedar Falls. That might be an option to consider. It's slightly complicated (in Iowa, the "Avenue of the Saints" runs along several different highways, so you'd have to know what roads to look for to follow it.)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know if UNH is getting a block of tickets. I just called the box office and they didn't think they were getting any.

FWIW, the UNH Ticket Office had tickets for the playoff games at Georgia Southern, Hampton and UMass. Did you talk to Robin Drown or someone at the Whitt box office?

UNHWILDCATS05
November 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM
FWIW, the UNH Ticket Office had tickets for the playoff games at Georgia Southern, Hampton and UMass. Did you talk to Robin Drown or someone at the Whitt box office?

Ya, that may be the problem, I only talked to someone at the Whitt box office and I do remember buying tickets through them for the UMass game lats year... I am going to call Robin in a little bit.

speaking of calling, I got your message last night Jim but I am at school right now, I will give you a buzz later on tonight

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 19th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ya, that may be the problem, I only talked to someone at the Whitt box office and I do remember buying tickets through them for the UMass game lats year... I am going to call Robin in a little bit.

speaking of calling, I got your message last night Jim but I am at school right now, I will give you a buzz later on tonight

Dave, I've called Robin twice but no answer. I'll keep trying and post my results.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Dave, I've called Robin twice but no answer. I'll keep trying and post my results.

Great, thanks for keeping me updated!

Mn_Moose
November 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Surprised to see very few in state athletes on New Hampshire roster. If NH had to field a team with only NH athletes they would have a difficult time fielding a team. Only 11 of 81 players (14%) are listed as being from NH. UNI has 54 of 117 (46%) are from Iowa.

Meaningless jarbor for sure, but interesting.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM

I haven't heard anything about tix but the UNH web site gives the phone # for the UNI ticket office.

Barnstormer
November 19th, 2007, 08:56 AM

We are going to set up a black and white TV in the West Gym, you can watch the game from there. :-)

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 09:06 AM
We are going to set up a black and white TV in the West Gym, you can watch the game from there. :-)

Should I expect you'll also be serving day old pizza and warm beer?xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ChickenMan
November 19th, 2007, 09:57 AM
UNH/UNI stats

points per game

UNI - 36.7
UNH - 35.8

opponents points per game

UNI - 13.2
UNH - 28.5

rushing yrds per game

UNI - 230
UNH - 131

passing yrds per game

UNI - 217
UNH - 280

total offense per game

UNI - 446
UNH - 410

opponents rushing yrds per game

UNI - 90
UNH - 181

opponents passing yrds per game

UNI - 200
UNH - 251

opponents total offense per game

UNI - 290
UNH - 432

Barnstormer
November 19th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Should I expect you'll also be serving day old pizza and warm beer?xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Only the warmest!!! :)

Nah, you'll have a good time up here, actually.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Let me pause for a moment:
AHAHAHAHAHA! You heard the Dome wasn't that loud? Well, if you are coming out here, you're in for a RUDE awakening. Why don't you ask Southern Illinois how loud it is in the Dome? They haven't won a game here during Coach Farley's tenure here, and I know that the crowd noise was definitely a factor.

What exactly did Eric Sanders "do to you" in 2005? Win a game? xeyebrowx

Don't come here with that attitude and treat us fans rudely--we'll run you back to NH faster than you can say "Panthers Rule!"

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Step away from the bong.....

WildCat In The Hat
November 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Let me pause for a moment:
AHAHAHAHAHA! You heard the Dome wasn't that loud? Well, if you are coming out here, you're in for a RUDE awakening. Why don't you ask Southern Illinois how loud it is in the Dome? They haven't won a game here during Coach Farley's tenure here, and I know that the crowd noise was definitely a factor.

What exactly did Eric Sanders "do to you" in 2005? Win a game? xeyebrowx

Don't come here with that attitude and treat us fans rudely--we'll run you back to NH faster than you can say "Panthers Rule!"

Easy Francis

xpeacex

75%
November 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
It comes down to mileage. They can bus EIU to SIU but they have to fly them to UNI because it's over 350 miles, so if you have to fly a team it might as well be the last team in sort of the 16-1 matchup, but they are a good 16

89 Panther
November 19th, 2007, 11:53 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx I spit out my coffee!

Concerning the noise. It's LOUD!!!! You will have to experience it.

As far as the drive to CF. I make the trip each Saturday from South Bend, IN and I can make it in 5 1/2 to 6 hours depending on the toll traffic. Taking 80 or 88 are your best bet. That drive through Galena is horrible.

Good Luck UNH. GO PANTHERS!!!!

UNHWildCats
November 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
It comes down to mileage. They can bus EIU to SIU but they have to fly them to UNI because it's over 350 miles, so if you have to fly a team it might as well be the last team in sort of the 16-1 matchup, but they are a good 16
Just because UNH was the last team in doesnt mean they'd be ranked the #16 team.

I think if all teams were ranked, Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Illinois, Fordham, Delaware State would be ranked behind UNH.

Barnstormer
November 19th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I don't know how many will be here for that game. This year UNI has the entire week off for Thanksgiving, where in the past, that was not the case. So with the potential of students being home as early as last Friday, many may come back that Saturday for the game, where in the past, 1st round games were not so full.

I'm nervous, but heck, I was nervous for the SUU game for some reason.. (I'm always fricken nervous.)

I'm thinking we may see a WIU like game where we run for 1000 yards and throw like 8 or 9 passes. Keep Santos off the field and we'll be fine.

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM
You heard wrong. UNI has a huge advantage in that metal roof. People who have played at the loudest stadiums in college football (LSU, Ohio State, Tennessee, Iowa) say what when loud, UNI is louder.

What the online maps never take into consideration is Chicago Traffic.

If you are driving after 8pm you can probably head from Midway to Elgin and get out of chicago in an Hour.....however, any other time of day.....its a nightmare.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I don't know how many will be here for that game. This year UNI has the entire week off for Thanksgiving, where in the past, that was not the case. So with the potential of students being home as early as last Friday, many may come back that Saturday for the game, where in the past, 1st round games were not so full.

I'm nervous, but heck, I was nervous for the SUU game for some reason.. (I'm always fricken nervous.)

I'm thinking we may see a WIU like game where we run for 1000 yards and throw like 8 or 9 passes. Keep Santos off the field and we'll be fine.

I am going to be there to scream until I'm lightheaded (happened on the Johnny Gray punt return) and I've spread the word on Facebook--created a group and told people to pass the word along. I have some real Panther faithfuls on my friends list there, so I think they will get the word out.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 12:21 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Old Cage
November 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I have not read through the 121 posts here, but offer this for UNI fans:

If the Ricky Santos that we played four times in the three years previous to this year shows up, hold on to your hats. You will have yourselves a ballgame.

If it is the Santos that we played two weeks ago - who couldn't seem to escape our rush when he was in the pocket and didn't roll out the way he showed in the past - you can breathe easy. Our D is very strong (see Matty Heisman have a terrible day against us at BC) but not that different than the last few years.

JayJ79
November 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm doing research on driving up from FL and Mapquest is directing me via US routes from north of St. Louis. Is that really faster than staying on Interstate highways in Illinois then going west on an Interstate into Iowa? I noticed the route went near Carbondale. What route do you take when you go to your game at Southern Illinois?

My sister used to live in Nashville, so I've made the trip a number of times (including down to Chattanooga in '05 xthumbsupx ). (it looks like you'd end up coming through Nashville if coming from Florida).

As was mentioned earlier, those "US routes north of St. Louis" are mostly 4-lane freeway. Though you do still have to go through Hannibal, and I believe there is still a stretch of 2-lane on that route in NE Missouri.

The problems with the interstates in Illinois is that they all seem to run towards the northwest, instead or running straight north or northeast, so you end up backtracking a little bit, which adds some extra miles.

WSBE
November 19th, 2007, 01:05 PM
....geez I wish this game was on TV. If anyone hears anything, let us know....but I think I will be listening on the radio. Again.

So the biggest difference I see right off the bat is that UNI outclasses UNH on the offense & defensive lines by a mile. I realize size isn't everything but something tells me this is going to a very tough game to watch. Reason is, when UNH is outclassed in the trenches, it's painful to watch their talented weapons stay idle. Everything they try to do on offense seems to get blown up (partly because UNH can't control the line)...conversely, an efficient QB like Sanders could have lots of time to throw & Corey Lewis could have an easy day with little penetration from UNH D-line. UNH DE & DT don't make a lot of tackles! They're very talented but I think need a couple more years & another 20lbs. That said, I though the same last year against a huge Hampton team & UNH won, Santos threw 5 TD. But I am blown away at UNI size! The Oline averages 6'5 315lbs to UNH 6'3 295. That doesn't include the TE. Sicko is 6'3 230...Howard is 6'6 280. Dline is even worse. UNH has 2 DE that are ~6'1 235-240 & a couple of DT that go 260 & 265. UNI has 2 6'3 265 DEs & 2 275lbs DT. It seems that McDOnnell has something to figure out. Films & strategy need to play a part. When you are overmatched, you need to mix it up & "find a way". We'll see. At the very least, I hope that UNH gives UNI a great challenge.

oldputtytat
November 19th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Rob.................did you just wake up?

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 01:15 PM
That's a good analysis, WSBE.

As I mentioned, I think Santos is finally healthy again, though I have no idea if either Droesch or Waldron will play on the offensive line. Having to start backups is surely not helping us. UNH's lack of size should be helped by the turf, and I think Kackert could be a real weapon in this one. Our speedy wide receivers should have a good time, too. What UNH needs to do is go out, have some fun and go all out. Run their trick plays and execute. They'll have to put up a lot of points, and they can't be overwhelmed by how good UNI is statistically. If they execute, it'll be close.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM
That's a good analysis, WSBE.

As I mentioned, I think Santos is finally healthy again, though I have no idea if either Droesch or Waldron will play on the offensive line. Having to start backups is surely not helping us. UNH's lack of size should be helped by the turf, and I think Kackert could be a real weapon in this one. Our speedy wide receivers should have a good time, too. What UNH needs to do is go out, have some fun and go all out. Run their trick plays and execute. They'll have to put up a lot of points, and they can't be overwhelmed by how good UNI is statistically. If they execute, it'll be close.

Josh has had his surgury and will be back next spring.
Glen, as a result of multipule concussions will not play again.

strike00
November 19th, 2007, 01:36 PM
is it Saturday yet?xnutsx

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Josh has had his surgury and will be back next spring.
Glen, as a result of multipule concussions will not play again.

That's not really good news, at all. Is Terrance Klein done for the season with that broken hand, too?

Who does that leave starting on the OL? Is it Asker, Elwell, Graham, Cumba and Coutorier?

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 19th, 2007, 02:06 PM
That's not really good news, at all. Is Terrance Klein done for the season with that broken hand, too?

Who does that leave starting on the OL? Is it Asker, Elwell, Graham, Cumba and Coutorier?

McClurg at guard, Elwell at Tackle.

This injury thing up front isn't new...the only game they played as a group is Marshall.

Cumba looks healthy finally, McClurg has been in most of the season.
When Waldron went down against Richmond Elwell moved to right tackle.
When Josh went down at Hofstra Elwell moved to the left and Graham came in. It's been a shuffle all season.

Petrie Dish
November 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
The thing that worries me is our secondary. It is probably the weakest part of our team. We not only have to pressure Santos, we have to get him to the ground. If not, it might be a long day. I do like our O against their D, though.

santosballnewhampshire
November 19th, 2007, 02:13 PM
first I wasn't being rude and second what attitude I just believe from being at montana that it was fairly loud and im unsure about fans being there bc of turkey day I know it was an issue for us when we had a home first round playoff game

santosballnewhampshire
November 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
klein has a broken foot * and not asker neil

santosballnewhampshire
November 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
we also get lance back for special teams and Dline helps a little I thought ur db's were one of your quality's? a lot of interceptions?....

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Is that Lance Mailloux? Has he been out for awhile?

Petrie Dish
November 19th, 2007, 02:35 PM
we also get lance back for special teams and Dline helps a little I thought ur db's were one of your quality's? a lot of interceptions?....

I didn't mean the DB's are bad, but I think there could be yards to be had through the air for you guys.

EDIT: Nick Hill went 33-45 436 yds. 3INT. Feast or Famine, it seems.

Panther FANatic
November 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
As weird as this may sound I think hands down our biggest weakness is our D-LINE. That being said, the fact that we do not have any huge stats on the D-LINE and that we are able to play D-LINE by comittee has been huge for us. I mentioned before that our D-LINE does not rush the QB well, that is where we might be in some trouble in the playoffs. IMO we need to be able to rush the QB without blitzing to protect ourselves ont he back end. I can't wait for this game...

Houndawg
November 19th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I didn't mean the DB's are bad, but I think there could be yards to be had through the air for you guys.

EDIT: Nick Hill went 33-45 436 yds. 3INT. Feast or Famine, it seems.

Ricky Santos is no Nick Hill. :D xpopcornx

Petrie Dish
November 19th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Ricky Santos is no Nick Hill. :D xpopcornx

Good Point. xcoolx

UNH SUPERFAN
November 19th, 2007, 05:23 PM
The thing about our defense is SOMETIMES we play ok, believe it or not. The first half against UMass was a good effort by our defense. What scares me is I'm sure that the UNI coaches will see that when teams take it right to us on the ground we can't stop it. Hopefully we can play enough defense to hang in there.

crunifan
November 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
The thing about our defense is SOMETIMES we play ok, believe it or not. The first half against UMass was a good effort by our defense. What scares me is I'm sure that the UNI coaches will see that when teams take it right to us on the ground we can't stop it. Hopefully we can play enough defense to hang in there.

Luckily that is what UNI does best. We have a great quarterback that passes with 70% efficiency. But we have two great running backs that will take off on the ground.

As with every game, the winner is the team that maximizes their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses. Luckily UNI has a few strengths to focus on! xnodx

WSBE
November 19th, 2007, 06:40 PM
....wow, the more I look at UNI, the more I realize how deserving they are of the #1 seed. They gave up more than 17 points only once this year. 24 points in a win against SIU. That's sick. So if NH puts up more than 24 points, it will be the most that any team scored on UNI all season. Conversely, there is no way that UNH defense holds UNI to less than 24 points so it will take a huge offensive day for UNH. I do agree that the perfect conditions & the fast turf will befefit the UNH no huddle, spread O & skill players. For UNI fans....besides Santos is a treat to watch, a couple things to look for Saturday; Chad Kackert's speed....he is electric & has a 5th gear that is remarkable. He's not a between-the-tackles guy...that would be Robert Simpson, who has a broken wrist. Mike Boyle is probably the biggest weapon for WR. This kid is a NH legend. The story goes that he never lost a game from youth football through high school. He was like the Jayson Foster of Plymouth, NH. 4 years, 44-0, 4 state championships. A converted WR, he has good hands, good routes, is elusive & fast. Scott Sicko (great name) is a freshman TE who is a beast & acts as a big WR target for Santos. WR Wright & Levan have great hands & route running...steady targets. On defense, Jeff Pammer is one of the better FS you'll see & DL Marvin Wright can be dominant. SS Hugo Souza has impressed me lately as well. Matt Parent is a big strong MLB...he is a character too. From Long Beach, California. Take a close look at him, he aint no surfer! DL Steve Young #91 is only a freshman but has the size & skill potential to be all-american in a couple years...only 260 now but worth looking at.

My apologies if you are not intersted in these UNH anecdotes but I'd love to hear the same from a UNI fan in terms of who to watch

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 06:53 PM
It looks as if UNH is uncomfortable using much of Bobby Simpson in key situations, because of his broken wrist. He has not factored much into the last two games. It looks like UNH will use Chris Ward for inside running and Chad Kackert for everything else. Expect a lot of screens to Kackert along with pitches, tosses and outside handoffs. Sicko is very tough to cover as a TE. UNH almost always goes with 3 WR's, and they are usually Levan, Boyle and Wright. None are very big, but they run good routes. I think they have some trouble getting separation, so watch for that early.

On Defense, like I said, we start 5 CB's and Hugo Souza generally kind of plays the rover position between 3rd Safety (with Duper and Pammer) and 3rd LB (with Karim and Parent). Karim and Parent make a lot of tackles, but that might be by default. Clement and Vasso are decent cover corners, but they're short, and our defense gives way too much cushion all the time, as they're afraid of the big play. UNH will have 7 DL playing big minutes, with Maroney, Peters and Perdoni getting DE duty, Young and Long getting DT duty, and Brown and Wright rotating between the two positions. We surely miss TJ Taylor.

Purple For Life
November 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
....wow, the more I look at UNI, the more I realize how deserving they are of the #1 seed. They gave up more than 17 points only once this year. 24 points in a win against SIU. That's sick. So if NH puts up more than 24 points, it will be the most that any team scored on UNI all season. Conversely, there is no way that UNH defense holds UNI to less than 24 points so it will take a huge offensive day for UNH. I do agree that the perfect conditions & the fast turf will befefit the UNH no huddle, spread O & skill players. For UNI fans....besides Santos is a treat to watch, a couple things to look for Saturday; Chad Kackert's speed....he is electric & has a 5th gear that is remarkable. He's not a between-the-tackles guy...that would be Robert Simpson, who has a broken wrist. Mike Boyle is probably the biggest weapon for WR. This kid is a NH legend. The story goes that he never lost a game from youth football through high school. He was like the Jayson Foster of Plymouth, NH. 4 years, 44-0, 4 state championships. A converted WR, he has good hands, good routes, is elusive & fast. Scott Sicko (great name) is a freshman TE who is a beast & acts as a big WR target for Santos. WR Wright & Levan have great hands & route running...steady targets. On defense, Jeff Pammer is one of the better FS you'll see & DL Marvin Wright can be dominant. SS Hugo Souza has impressed me lately as well. Matt Parent is a big strong MLB...he is a character too. From Long Beach, California. Take a close look at him, he aint no surfer! DL Steve Young #91 is only a freshman but has the size & skill potential to be all-american in a couple years...only 260 now but worth looking at.

My apologies if you are not intersted in these UNH anecdotes but I'd love to hear the same from a UNI fan in terms of who to watch

I don't have all the "official" stats, but here are some players that are great fun to watch:
Johnny "Mr. Excitement" & Johnny B. Goode! Gray
Cory Lewis
Schyler Oordt
Jordan Lacy
Darian Williams
Victor Williams
Terrell Allen

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of guys...here's our roster:
http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/niwa-m-footbl-mtt.html

I also started this thread with some handy links for you visitors:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33225

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Rob.................did you just wake up?

why do you ask? :D

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Luckily that is what UNI does best. We have a great quarterback that passes with 70% efficiency. But we have four great running backs that will take off on the ground.

There fixed it for you. :D

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 09:39 PM

Offense:
Johnny Gray, Eric Sanders, Corey Lewis, Darian Williams, Terrell Allen, Victor Williams, Montari Leonard, etc

bcrawf
November 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Chad Rinehart, the guy puts on an offensive line clinic weekly...

crunifan
November 19th, 2007, 09:59 PM
There fixed it for you. :D

C'mon Rob, we don't want to scare them.

But, now that you mention it. How awesome was Law on Saturday? If that is a back-up, man are we doing well at that position, haha.

bcrawf
November 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM

But, now that you mention it. How awesome was Law on Saturday? If that is a back-up, man are we doing well at that position, haha.

4th String Taylor Brookins is the 2nd best back I have ever seen in Iowa High School Football.

The only one better is former Jacksonville Jaguar Tavian Banks...

igo4uni
November 19th, 2007, 10:11 PM
4th String Taylor Brookins is the 2nd best back I have ever seen in Iowa High School Football.

The only one better is former Jacksonville Jaguar Tavian Banks...

What are you trying to say??

bcrawf
November 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I am saying we can go 4 deep and I think any of us would be more than comfortable in doing so...

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Offense:
Johnny Gray, Eric Sanders, Corey Lewis, Darian Williams, Terrell Allen, Victor Williams, Montari Leonard, etc

Terrell Allen broke his hand last week and will not play this week according to someone on Panthernation....

For you UNH guys Panthers to watch....

Johnny Gray....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5n20kenT0k

Eric Sanders.....http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sanders_eric00.html

Corey Lewis: has 1143 yards rushing 11 TDs....554 yards receiving...

Darian Williams: Fastest Panther...however wears knee brace this year....538 yards rushing 5 TDs....653 yards and 5TDs as a junior....

Victor Williams: 397 yards reciving 5 TDs, but is a 6' 4" 227 WR!!!!

Montari Leonard is a True Freshman....and Johnny Gray reincarnated but 3 years younger....

Schyler Oordt: 6'7" 244lb Receiving TE....

And last but not least.....Chad Rinehart:.....our LT who will probably be drafted in the 3rd or 4th Rd....

Those are your Players to watch....

GO CATS!!!!

strike00
November 19th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Things to look for, for UNI

Offense-
We run two backs alot and will run every play all game if it is possible (see WIU game) Corey Lewis will get the most carries. He is quick, pretty good size and averages 5.5 yards per carry. He averges over 100 yards per game. Darian williams is the second back and is a little bigger and a little more of a North and south guy. He averages a little over 6 yards per carry and 60 ypg. He's was hurt for a good part of mid season but looks to be healthy now.

Eric Sanders is very efficient and has terrific timing and awareness. Not the strongest arm you will see but can throw deep with accuracy.

WR- Johnny Gray is quick and fast and has been the go to guy this year. Also dangerous on returns. Victor Williams is 6-4 with good speed and hands. Montari Leanard will get in a few plays mainly to try to get behind the D deep. Whitney lewis who was a former #1 WR recruit in the country (transfered from USC) will see more time with Terell Allen out. Even though not as dominant as originally projected, he is still a solid WR.

O-line is big, experienced, and good.

Defense-
We rotate 8 on the front line and they shut down running games, especially traditional ones. Don't get as much pressure as we would like but have been increasingly better.

The secondary is good but can still give up yards. They don't give up many points however. Also pick off alot of passes.

We have athletic linebackers that play physical and smart. This is probably the best UNI defense I have seen. UNI fans feel free to correct me i you disagree with anything.

How is UNH's running game? Are they mainly a passing team with Santos?

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2007, 10:53 PM
UNH had 3 RB's see significant time this season. Bobby Simpson seems like he won't play much with a broken wrist, but he's probably our best inside runner. Chris Ward is big and bruising, but to me, is quite slow. He doesn't seem to mesh with our primarily shotgun oriented offense. Chad Kackert sees the majority of snaps, and he's really, really quick. I don't think he's got the best focus yet, as he's only a sophomore, but goodness if you give him an inch he's absolutely gone. He's fearless, too. Last season, he almost won our last three games of the season (GW run against UMaine, GW catch on 4th down against Hampton, 82 yard TD run against UMass to start the game on a reverse).

If UNH is comfortable, they will throw the kitchen sink at you. Reverses, Flea Flickers, Fake Punts, etc..

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 11:06 PM

Brookins had some sweet moves too. xthumbsupx

Chi Panther
November 19th, 2007, 11:07 PM
If UNH is comfortable, they will throw the kitchen sink at you. Reverses, Flea Flickers, Fake Punts, etc..

I think this is what has UNI soo nervous....we do remember the last play in 05.xeekx

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I think this is what has UNI soo nervous....we do remember the last play in 05.xeekx

That was rediculous.

strike00
November 19th, 2007, 11:09 PM
We already had one of those scare us this year, we don't need another one.

JayJ79
November 19th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Frankenstein never scared me.
Johnny Gray does....
cuz he's FAST!

oldputtytat
November 20th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Yeah Rob...........I asked if you just woke up because all of a sudden you go from zero posts to a burst of several............one right after the other!

I'm just giving you crap...............

Barnstormer
November 20th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Here are a few clips from SUU game.

Sanders to Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVqBgL-ltLY)

Sanders to Williams.. again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sSymr1dJtw)

Johnny Gray reverse. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5d0X4BYD8)

Backup QB Pat Grace option keeper... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcJcj4xSSg)(He's gonna be a good one next year)

And don't forget the Johnny Gray punt return against Indy State below in my signature.

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 12:23 AM
HMMMM on that second Sanders video the scoreboard went from 20 to 27 instantly, do teams not even need to waste effort kicking XP against Southern Utah? lol

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Here are a few clips from SUU game.

Sanders to Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVqBgL-ltLY)

Sanders to Williams.. again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sSymr1dJtw)

Johnny Gray reverse. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5d0X4BYD8)

Backup QB Pat Grace option keeper... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcJcj4xSSg)(He's gonna be a good one next year)

And don't forget the Johnny Gray punt return against Indy State below in my signature.
Why all the highlights from games against two teams that were what 0-22 combined? lol

Barnstormer
November 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Why all the highlights from games against two teams that were what 0-22 combined? lol

'cause I just started messing around with my DVR and youtube the last two weeks. :)

JayJ79
November 20th, 2007, 12:58 AM
HMMMM on that second Sanders video the scoreboard went from 20 to 27 instantly, do teams not even need to waste effort kicking XP against Southern Utah? lol

the clips were taken from our Sunday morning highlight show, which edits out most XP tries and such

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 12:59 AM
the clips were taken from our Sunday morning highlight show, which edits out most XP tries and such
Figured as much, I was just being a smart ass xrolleyesx

JayJ79
November 20th, 2007, 01:01 AM
'cause I just started messing around with my DVR and youtube the last two weeks. :)

I really need to look into getting a DVR. And probably a DVD burner too.
Stacks of DVDs of UNI games takes up less room than stacks of VHS tapes.

That makes me wonder: do teams exchange tapes anymore, or do they exchange DVDs?

WildcatFan
November 20th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Can you believe that play. David almost made it, taken down by his shoestring. Good thing he didn't make it because there was a flag on the field and it would have been no good. I was watching David and didn't see the flag. I could not have taken the joy of winning and the agony of defeat in the span of 10 seconds.xbawlingx xbawlingx

newsbreaker
November 20th, 2007, 06:59 AM
UNH fans, watch that video clip in his signature to see the absolute most amazing punt return you're likely to ever see at the college level. THAT is just a tiny piece of what you are in for.

I can't believe it's only freaking TUESDAY. And early tuesday at that. Let's just line em up and kick this thing off now...it's time for a little dome magic!

Purple For Life
November 20th, 2007, 07:13 AM
UNH fans, watch that video clip in his signature to see the absolute most amazing punt return you're likely to ever see at the college level. THAT is just a tiny piece of what you are in for.

I can't believe it's only freaking TUESDAY. And early tuesday at that. Let's just line em up and kick this thing off now...it's time for a little dome magic!

I agree! I don't know how I'm going to wait until 6:35 Saturday...

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I'll tell you, I have anxiety about the game, and I suspect I can only pick it up on radio, unless someone decides to magically cover it. UNI looks awfully good on those videos, sadly. The OL has a decided advantage over the DL. I wish I could actually see the game on television, as the video looks pretty nice, but oh well!

As for the game two years ago, so many fumbles. Not going for the GT FG, Levan fumbling the pitch and the punt return, Jonathan Williams with two fumbles, Ball getting tackled by his shoestring. Ugh.

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2007, 09:39 AM
I'll tell you, I have anxiety about the game, and I suspect I can only pick it up on radio, unless someone decides to magically cover it. UNI looks awfully good on those videos, sadly. The OL has a decided advantage over the DL. I wish I could actually see the game on television, as the video looks pretty nice, but oh well!

As for the game two years ago, so many fumbles. Not going for the GT FG, Levan fumbling the pitch and the punt return, Jonathan Williams with two fumbles, Ball getting tackled by his shoestring. Ugh.

Doesn't sound like UNI will do their Online Video feed.....so if you know that you will have online Audio....please post the link

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah Rob...........I asked if you just woke up because all of a sudden you go from zero posts to a burst of several............one right after the other!

I'm just giving you crap...............

haha, no, I was gone after the selection show. :D

Khan4Cats
November 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Our real strength is defense.

It starts up front where we have at least 7 or 8 guys that are 'starter' quality that get rotated throughout the game. They are usually as fresh in the 4th quarter as at the start because of this. Nobody's stats jump out because of this rotation, but they work very well together and do their job of occupying the OL and letting our LB's roam.

At LB the name of the game is speed. Southern Utah tried to isolate their top WR on our MLB last week and he stayed with him step for step up the seam. De'Veon Harris is our MLB, a SO juco transfer, and has been a missing ingredient on D for us this year. OLB's are SR's Brannon Carter and Araf Evans. Carter has played himself into NFL draft talks because of both size and speed, also has picked off 5 passes including ridiculous grab against SIU that prevented a TD. Evans is just plain solid, and a warrior coming back from a serious arm injury last year. Backing them are Jamar Thompson, a SO LB that is very good in pass coverages against spread offenses, Justin Kirk and Dustin Morrow are good run stopping MLB's (may not see much of them against the UNH spread). A fun one to watch on special teams is Tyler Epstein, the wedge buster/flyer on kickoffs. Ask Western Illinois' return man what its like to be going full speed on a return and come to a complete stop.

The Defensive backfield was a bit of a question mark coming into the year with new starters at Corners, but a pre-season All-American at safety. The pre-season AA is off the team now, but we have picked up very nicely elsewhere. Two juco CB's have filled in well as well as a couple from within the program. Clifford Waters moved to FS and now at SS from OLB last year and has been very good, we have a juco now at FS.

I would disagree with those that say pass defense is a weakness of this team. Don't look at the SIU game as a great indicator. Of those 400+ yards passing about 150 came on three big pass plays: the one at the end of the game and two taking advantage of our now departed FS who was trying to play despite two heavily wrapped ankles. We also picked the SIU QB off three times (he has had only 4 all year total). We play a very tough Tampa 2 coverage, we don't blitz a lot, but work very well as a unit to cover medium to deep pass and force teams to try and throw underneath. When they do we make the receivers pay. As for running the ball, good luck, teams have not had much success all year.

We also seem to make incredible second half adjustments, I think we have given up only two touchdowns and no field goals in the second half combined in the last five weeks (and one of those came after a blocked punt gave Indiana State the ball inside our 5).

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Doesn't sound like UNI will do their Online Video feed.....so if you know that you will have online Audio....please post the link

Every UNH Football Game is available on Yahoo! in the form of a radio broadcast. Those UNI fans who'd like to listen to the game and can't make it, feel free to listen to some biased UNH homers discuss the game. :)

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 10:06 AM
UNH likes to throw the ball underneath a lot. They use the TE and WR's over the middle, so that might have to be an adjustment. We struggle mightily in the RZ because of our lack of height and separation at the WR position.

santosballnewhampshire
November 20th, 2007, 10:10 AM
regardless of what you say I know for a fact that the unh players from 05 still remember the stomping on the logo as well as the fans that means alot especially bc/ we were the # 1 team now we get to return the favor.......

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Frankly, the UNH fans were so harsh on UNI that I have a hard time blaming them for that kind of retaliation. It was a very fired up, snippy crowd. They were right to be very excited.

santosballnewhampshire
November 20th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't know bc I was on the field but anyway jw uni fans can you tell me of your game rituals?...... at unh after every td we shoot off a cannon etc.? do you guys have any at the dome

santosballnewhampshire
November 20th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Caa all conference
Ricky Santos
1st team
Co-offensive player of the year
2721, 22, 272.1 rushing = 9 td 321

Keith Levan wr 1st team
LeVan 66 , 787, 11.9, 10, 71.5

Nick Couturier OL 1st team 6'2 295

Jeff Pammer 1st team def. S
44 solo 75 assisted 119 total

Husain Karim 2nd team def. LB
25 93 118

John Clements 2nd team def. CB
42 41 83

Tom Bishop 2nd team P
Avg. 39.6 long. 77

Scott Sicko TE 3rd team
rec. 46 566 12.3 td. 4

Marvin Wright DL 3rd team Def.
solo25 ass.55 total. 80

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Are you a former player, Santosball?

santosballnewhampshire
November 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM
No im not but lets just say I've been around unh football for a while im not gonna name who I am but if you are a former player chances are I know you

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Heh, I am far from a former player. I'm a first year graduate student after completing four years of undergraduate on campus. My group of friends and I pretty much comprise the student section, to speak of.

crunifan
November 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't know bc I was on the field but anyway jw uni fans can you tell me of your game rituals?...... at unh after every td we shoot off a cannon etc.? do you guys have any at the dome

After a touchdown we have a tornado siren go off. And then after the PAT is good, a panther growl.

After first downs, the announcer goes "And that's good for another Panther..." and the crowd yells "FIRST DOWN" while doing an arm movement towards the endzone.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Heh, I am far from a former player. I'm a first year graduate student after completing four years of undergraduate on campus. My group of friends and I pretty much comprise the student section, to speak of.

I applaud you for being a fan of this team!!!
Honestly, what will it take to get more folks like you in the stands on a regular basis? This is my pet peeve and biggest frustration with UNH football. I know this is way off subject (pardon me UNI fans) but I have to ask.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
1:00 kick off

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Move the school to South Carolina

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 12:32 PM
No, really I think a 1:00 kick would help.

A little less of a police state in the tail gate area.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Frankly, I just think people see FCS football and don't think highly of it. They came in droves for Delaware and Dartmouth, but once the cold weather came, there wasn't much. There was a good showing for the Maine game, but the NU game was hurt by the rain. People tailgate for too long, too. A lot of students leave at halftime, too. We don't have a particularly knowledgeable student fanbase, in my opinion. I don't think a 1 o'clock kickoff would make any difference.

UNH SUPERFAN
November 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
What if we had light and played at night, would that make a difference?

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I don't think so. People just don't seem to care like they should. I wish our turnouts at the hockey games would translate to football and basketball, but they haven't yet. I suppose the fact that are fans aren't making idiotic chants all the time loses the interest of the rest of the student populace.

Purple Reign
November 20th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Frankenstein never scared me.
Johnny Gray does....
cuz he's FAST!

I got it!!!! Kevin Pollack doing Christpher Walken.

JayJ79
November 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I got it!!!! Kevin Pollack doing Christpher Walken.

xthumbsupx
You are correct, sir.

Barnstormer
November 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Christopher Walken... greatest actor of our time.

Purple For Life
November 20th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Here's a cool video from our local paper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HvjN71TeI

Another video of highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBT_A6FYldE

A Johnny Gray clip--you can hear the siren that goes off after touchdowns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV5d0X4BYD8

Barnstormer
November 20th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Another video of highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBT_A6FYldE

The hit at 3:30 in is hardcore.

UNI Pike
November 20th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Any rumors on a network picking up the game so that out of state folks can watch?

DSUHornet
November 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I want hampshire but i feel that Iowa will take it

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Haven't heard anything out here.

pantheralum16
November 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

This link mentions the possibility of the game being shown live on ESPNU. I hope it's on TV, I still don't feel comfortable taking a 5 month old into a huge crowd yet....

pantheralum16
November 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM
UMASS is on espnu?

On at 11 amCST...and they do not have anything big scheduled at 6.35 pm CST, so I guess it is still a possibility

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
regardless of what you say I know for a fact that the unh players from 05 still remember the stomping on the logo as well as the fans that means alot especially bc/ we were the # 1 team now we get to return the favor.......

oh well. the players will play and the best team will win. xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Frankly, the UNH fans were so harsh on UNI that I have a hard time blaming them for that kind of retaliation. It was a very fired up, snippy crowd. They were right to be very excited.

It was a hockey atmosphere. Weirdest football crowd I've ever seen. :D

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2007, 02:41 PM
if the game ends up on ESPNU, I may be able to suply a link for online stream.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
It was a hockey atmosphere. Weirdest football crowd I've ever seen. :D

I keep hearing that....I didn't see much of it where I was but I was no where near the UNI crowd. We did have a number of fans that obviously hadn't been to any games before.

When I coach kids I always stress respecting your opponants. I don't understand what compels people to shout insults at fans of the other team.

I went through that at JMU this year. There was a group of students who felt the need to shout drunken insults at the Moms of the UNH players rather than watch the game. I'll bet they wouldn't even have made eye contact if those moms had their son's sitting next to them rather then on the field.

I know that that was just a small percentage of the JMU fans, but sadly that's the memory I took from the game, so I know where you UNI guys are comming from. Next time we'll get it right.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
You'll really have to forgive the UNH faithful. It was the second home playoff game, ever, if I remember correctly. And yes, those weren't your typical fans. Those bandwagoners came out just to look like they had cared all along.

nmatsen
November 20th, 2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.uni.edu/infosys/footballplayoffs/

This link mentions the possibility of the game being shown live on ESPNU. I hope it's on TV, I still don't feel comfortable taking a 5 month old into a huge crowd yet....

My three and one half week old will be there. Come on!!!

o25bigmac
November 20th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Dome will be rocking!!!!!! Northern Iowa will put up about 50. Well see how the defense will hold up!!

pantheralum16
November 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
My three and one half week old will be there. Come on!!!

No excuses, right!? I guess it is time to upgrade her to the dome after watching or listening to everygame this year...

UNI Pike
November 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Looks that the dome is going to be quite full - only about 3,200 slots left

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/11/20/news/top_story/doc47435834e9734382006097.txt

500 tickets dedicated for the NH fans.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 04:17 PM

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/11/20/news/top_story/doc47435834e9734382006097.txt

No, you mean tickets for the 500 dedicated NH fans.

Purple For Life
November 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
No, you mean tickets for the 500 dedicated NH fans.

If I low ballpark it...14k UNI fans in the Dome. At most 500 UNH fans.

Good luck making any noise! We will drown you out and plow you over on the field! xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
If I low ballpark it...14k UNI fans in the Dome. At most 500 UNH fans.

Good luck making any noise! We will drown you out and plow you over on the field! xthumbsupx

We'll do our best!

JayJ79
November 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM

well, that is tickets left at the box office. It doesn't sound like that includes the tickets allotted to the area businesses to sell.

But still, it does sound encouraging. I've been somewhat worried, given the trend for this weekend to have lower attendance.

crunifan
November 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hopefully we can get around 15,000. That would be AWESOME for a first round when the students are gone.

Not trying to look foward, but if we are lucky enough to get through to round two, we should definitely have a sellout! Number 4 this season!

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hopefully we can get around 15,000. That would be AWESOME for a first round when the students are gone.

Not trying to look foward, but if we are lucky enough to get through to round two, we should definitely have a sellout! Number 4 this season!

What's that building hold?

UNHFan99
November 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Just got down to the Jersey shore for Thanksgiving. Im stealing Internet from someone and am just glad i can listen or watch the game from my computer. Is there a link to watch the game online? The team looks loose and will be ready to play. Saw some of the guys on monday. Reminds me alot of the team from 04 that went to Georgia Southern.

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Just got down to the Jersey shore for Thanksgiving. Im stealing Internet from someone and am just glad i can listen or watch the game from my computer. Is there a link to watch the game online? The team looks loose and will be ready to play. Saw some of the guys on monday. Reminds me alot of the team from 04 that went to Georgia Southern.

There WAS a subscription-based live video feed for all of the home games this year but CSTV (host site) is now indicating that it will not be available on Saturday. I read somewhere that there will be a free audio feed available but that info has not been verified.

crunifan
November 20th, 2007, 07:47 PM
What's that building hold?

It has a listed capacity of 16,324. But for the Southern Illinois game, with standing room only tickets, we had over 17,000 in the Dome.

UNHWILDCATS05
November 20th, 2007, 07:52 PM
There WAS a subscription-based live video feed for all of the home games this year but CSTV (host site) is now indicating that it will not be available on Saturday. I read somewhere that there will be a free audio feed available but that info has not been verified.

If UNI does not have its own free internet audio feed, anyone who is not in the area and wants to listen on the radio, and doesn't mind homer UNH announcers can pick up the UNH broadcast here:
All UNH games can be listened to online through Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/nal)

newsbreaker
November 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
FYI, UNI's flagship station can be heard throughout the upper-midwest at night. 1540 KXEL is the station. You're not going to get it in New Hampshire, but those in between have a good shot.

Chi Panther
November 20th, 2007, 08:54 PM
If UNI does not have its own free internet audio feed, anyone who is not in the area and wants to listen on the radio, and doesn't mind homer UNH announcers can pick up the UNH broadcast here:
All UNH games can be listened to online through Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/collegebroadcast/teams/nal)

Thanks for posting. Good to have options.xthumbsupx xpeacex

JCPanthers
November 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
My seats are right next to the visitor's section. If you see some fat guy with a #4 Purple Johnny Gray Jersey on...don't throw anything at me.

I'd love to hear what you think of our Dome!!

Mountain Panther
November 20th, 2007, 11:38 PM
My seats are right next to the visitor's section. If you see some fat guy with a #4 Purple Johnny Gray Jersey on...don't throw anything at me.

I'd love to hear what you think of our Dome!!

There will probably be about one hundred people that fit that description in the crowd Saturday. ;)

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2007, 01:21 AM
Verified from the athletic department that there will be a UNI audio feed. I am uncertain if you have to pay CSTV or not.

A department representative told me that NCAA specifically prohibits pay-per-view video streaming on the net during the playoffs.

BTW - does anyone know why the audio feeds are originating from Independence rather than KXEL? No real bearing, just a technical curiosity.

UNHWildCats
November 21st, 2007, 01:25 AM
Verified from the athletic department that there will be a UNI audio feed. I am uncertain if you have to pay CSTV or not.

A department representative told me that NCAA specifically prohibits pay-per-view video streaming on the net during the playoffs.

BTW - does anyone know why the audio feeds are originating from Independence rather than KXEL? No real bearing, just a technical curiosity.
well hell if UNI has the equipment in house to produce its on video stream give it to the fans for free xcoolx Fans have supported there schools all season and it seems unfair not to give us video xbawlingx

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM
well hell if UNI has the equipment in house to produce its on video stream give it to the fans for free xcoolx Fans have supported there schools all season and it seems unfair not to give us video xbawlingx

I know they have the hardware - I think the whole this is controlled out of Indianapolis. Our feed is run through CSTV, which is owned by CBS. Its all about the xtwocentsxxtwocentsxxtwocentsxxtwocentsx

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 08:58 AM
"I'd be surprised if there's not 15,000," Hartzell said. "I don't know if we'll get to a sellout or not, but there's a lot of ticket requests up there ... I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get close."

--Rick Hartzell, UNI AD

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/SPORTS020702/711210390/1003/SPORTS

Ronin
November 21st, 2007, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Unable to receive 1540 in central Iowa.

01pantherfan
November 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM
you can listen to the game through CSTV with Gary Rima or you can get there through the UNI site at
http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/niwa-m-footbl-sched.html

the game is free to listen to

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM

even at night? We've listened in Macomb, Missouri, Minnesota, Chicago, Indiana, and a lot of other places.

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM

xeyebrowx

The UNI games have not, and as far as I know, do not originate out of Independence. I board opped UNI Football in '05 and '06 and they were straight from KXEL--I either called Gary or he'd call me from the Dome.

So if you remember Gary's thank yous at the end of football and basketball, or Eric Braley's at the end of volleyball and women's basketball, you should know who I am. :)

OxSoxUNH05
November 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM
I'm still upset myself that this is not getting any coverage on ESPNU or ESPN360. Guess i'll just have to fire up the radio and listen like i'm stuck in the 1930s or the middle of Iowaxsmiley_wix

All kidding aside. I know the UNH guys going out will represent us well.

Go Cats!

Mn_Moose
November 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
On kick offs, we jingle our car keys. I'm not really sure where that came from. Some think it goes back to Mike Molstead days and he being in the car business.

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 11:47 AM

Where the heck do you live???? KXEL is the original 50,000 watt blowtorch, you can get them in freaking Ohio on the right day.

At night is a little different. If you are north of Hwy-30, you should be able to get it quite clearly.

LacesOut
November 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
C'mon UNI!!!!

/got nuthin' else.....

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM
xeyebrowx

The UNI games have not, and as far as I know, do not originate out of Independence. I board opped UNI Football in '05 and '06 and they were straight from KXEL--I either called Gary or he'd call me from the Dome.

So if you remember Gary's thank yous at the end of football and basketball, or Eric Braley's at the end of volleyball and women's basketball, you should know who I am. :)

Maybe it was the cold medication, but I swear that the last two games I watched on the stream had the station ID as KQMG in Independence. There we also a lot of weird ads for restaurants in Oelwein, etc. xconfusedx I do not distinctly recall the usual sponsors such as Smitty’s, the rest home, etc.

No worries, just a tangent.

In addition, the audio on the stream was about 3-5 seconds delayed behind the video, which seems the opposite of a normal issue. The sound was great however.

I don't know what, if anything was going on, but the question was prompted from my previous experiences working at radio stations in the early years. (Think tele-type, carts & vinyl)

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe it was the cold medication, but I swear that the last two games I watched on the stream had the station ID as KQMG in Independence. There we also a lot of weird ads for restaurants in Oelwein, etc. xconfusedx I do not distinctly recall the usual sponsors such as Smitty’s, the rest home, etc.

In addition, the audio on the stream was about 3-5 seconds delayed behind the video, which seems the opposite of a normal issue. The sound was great however.

I don't know what, if anything was going on, but the question was prompted from my previous experiences working at radio stations in the early years. (Think tele-type, carts & vinyl)

CARTS!!!!

As recently as six years ago, I had occasion to regularly use a cart recorder. 900 years old, it weight 300 lbs, and melted 2/3 of what you put in it!!!

Do you know how hard a concept it is for college radio dj's to figure out you just let a cart run until it stops?!?!?!

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM

Ah! Independence is an affiliate. If I remember right, breaks in pregame and post game alternate between network and local, with more local spots in the quarters. I'm a little rusty though, and not going back ANY time soon, so I'm not 100% sure. I don't listen online, so no idea what that's about.

And typically, the audio is behind compared to video, even if you watch on TV and turn Gary up.

Ah, carts...and reel-to-reels...*old voice* These kids today, dey don't know nuttin'! Back in my day, we wanna eddit sumthin', we gots ta get out the razor and the block and the grease pencil and we cut the tape AN WE LIKED IT THAT WAY! ;)

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 12:46 PM
CARTS!!!!

As recently as six years ago, I had occasion to regularly use a cart recorder. 900 years old, it weight 300 lbs, and melted 2/3 of what you put in it!!!

Do you know how hard a concept it is for college radio dj's to figure out you just let a cart run until it stops?!?!?!

LOL! xlolx Man, I haven't seen a cart in years. There was a bulk eraser at the last station though, used for cassettes.

UNI Pike
November 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
Stop now, your making me feel like the old man with the razor. I'm not that old

Oh sh**, I finally said it. I've jumped the shark.

igo4uni
November 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
I was at the GBPAC this morning around 11:30 am and there were less than 500 tickets left!!

newsbreaker
November 21st, 2007, 01:17 PM
LOL! xlolx Man, I haven't seen a cart in years. There was a bulk eraser at the last station though, used for cassettes.

I "bulk erased" a boss' watch once. He had it coming.

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM
I "bulk erased" a boss' watch once. He had it coming.

AHAHAHAHA, oh why didn't I think of that?

Purple For Life
November 21st, 2007, 01:26 PM
I was at the GBPAC this morning around 11:30 am and there were less than 500 tickets left!!

AWESOME! xthumbsupx

YouDee1
November 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
UNI fans, who do you want to face UD or DSU?