PDA

View Full Version : Shocker!!!!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 18th, 2007, 08:23 AM
What would you consider to be a shocker once the playoff field is announced today?(top 4 seeds, teams in/out of field , home vs road games, etc) Your thoughts?

Tod
November 18th, 2007, 08:29 AM
ASU getting a seed.

Bigger shocker - Dayton/Albany making the field.

appfan2008
November 18th, 2007, 08:31 AM
ASU not being at home or how about not being in!!!

Khan4Cats
November 18th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I guess a little shock would be a 5th CAA team, but since the CAA holds the committee chair, you never know. I like the quality of the teams, it just flies in the face of what the committee has done in the past.

A Dayton/San Diego/Albany inclusion would be a shock, but I would happy to welcome them to the Dome!

SIU being sent to a seed would be more of a travesty than a shock.

UNI not getting the top seed would be an outright abomination.

ChickenMan
November 18th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Delaware not playing Delaware St

MR. CHICKEN
November 18th, 2007, 08:48 AM
DELAWARE NOT PLAYING!

DB_Atlantic10
November 18th, 2007, 08:50 AM
The Shocker will be Richmond getting a seed and hosting Del St.

Remember me saying this......xnodx

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 18th, 2007, 01:32 PM
If JMU does not go to App State...

Dukie95
November 18th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Yep..that's the only thing that would shock me...unless of course JMU doesn't make it at all.

JmuSkinsfan
November 18th, 2007, 01:35 PM

If JMU bids high enough for a home gamexconfusedx

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
UNI not getting the #1 seed would be the shocker. xeyebrowx

JALMOND
November 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
What would you consider to be a shocker once the playoff field is announced today?(top 4 seeds, teams in/out of field , home vs road games, etc) Your thoughts?

Biggest shocker: One of the three AQ undefeateds (UNI, Montana, McNeese) NOT getting a seed. Other than that, maybe 5 or more from the CAA, but not as big.

Mountain Panther
November 18th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Oh I thought this thread was going to be about Wichita State bringing back football.

UNI not getting the #1 seed would be a crying shame.

JMUSaxMRD
November 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
If JMU gets a home game... and I'm really pulling for that because it sounds like the band will not go to an away game due to money issues and that would devastate me :(

Intrepid
November 18th, 2007, 01:41 PM
The shocker would be Delaware St. hosting Delaware.

ASUMountaineer
November 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM

I concur.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM
If JMU gets a home game... and I'm really pulling for that because it sounds like the band will not go to an away game due to money issues and that would devastate me :(

.......I haven't heard that...........

gr8ness97
November 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM
how about Norfolk getting in?

salukidean
November 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
UNI and SIU are the first two schools from the same conference to be awarded the #1 and #2 seed in the same year!

JMUSaxMRD
November 18th, 2007, 01:45 PM
MRD Dad, last year we had already signed up for a potential away playoff game, this year we haven't. I also have a friend who knows a graduate assistant to the band, and I believe they heard that through the grave vine of director to grad assistant to my friend to me. I'm hoping it isn't true though.

mtoliver
November 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM
how about Norfolk getting in?

.....agreed

The committee believes the GPI and seeds go:

1. UNI
2. McNeese
3. ASU
4. SIU

out of the question... probably. a shocker.... definitely

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM
MRD Dad, last year we had already signed up for a potential away playoff game, this year we haven't. I also have a friend who knows a graduate assistant to the band, and I believe they heard that through the grave vine of director to grad assistant to my friend to me. I'm hoping it isn't true though.

That would SUCK!!!!!

JMUSaxMRD
November 18th, 2007, 01:51 PM
That would SUCK!!!!!

If we have an away game, depending on how far away it is I may still plan to make it. Although if we get the Friday 1:30 game at App St I might just have to watch it on TV... and yell loud enough so they can hear me in Boone.